Bad Bye

Love: Revisited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Byulyi looked through the window of her office. The 20 storeys building of her entertainment company was under her name and she was standing in her office as the CEO. After sacrificing her blood and tears for 15 years, the alpha now was a successful singer, rapper, songwriter, director, radio dj and CEO of a leading entertainment agency, Moonstar World. She sighed heavily because despite being one of the most prominent musicians in South Korea, she couldn’t shake this emptiness in her heart. No matter how much omega she dated nor how many bottles of whiskey she drank she was still the same sad little alpha she was 10 years ago. She wasn’t always like that. She used to be happy. Heck, she could’ve swore that she was the happiest alpha in the world 15 years ago. But those days had passed. Since she walked out of the 400 square feet apartment where she and her ex-omega lived together, she was never the same.

Stubbornness. That was one word she and her ex-omega, Kim Yongsun, shared among other sweet, lovey-dovey, couple-like traits they also shared. And that particular word was what made their relationship crumble. In Byulyi’s defense, Yongsun was too stubborn to accept the fact that she would be the main breadwinner with her sky-rocketing career as a musician. She wanted Yongsun to stay with her, choose a workplace where she would stay in Seoul, and raise a family with her in the future. She never forbade her omega to work or to shine, she just wanted a simple thing, stay in Seoul. But no, Yongsun insisted she wanted the job offer at a school in Malaysia where she could teach both English and Korean. Her omega was of course as stubborn as her. She found a one-way ticket to Malaysia hidden in their blanket drawer. That moment was when she lost it and broke their relationship. The last time she heard, Yongsun boarded that plane and went to Malaysia. Like being possessed, Byulyi worked 200% harder. She needed to prove to Yongsun that she would be successful and made her regret choosing that job. True to her words, 10 years after the bad break-up, Byulyi’s career soared and put her in her position now. Yet, the loneliness she felt stayed. The bitter taste of their break-up lingered. And if the alpha was true to herself, she needed to admit that she dreamt about Yongsun at least once a month.

A knocking disturbed her gaze as she turned to see who entered her room. It was Dongmyeong, her secretary. The male omega walked closer, an ipad on one hand and a cup of mocha latte on the other hand.

“Your latte, Miss Moon.” Dongmyeong placed the cup on the table.

“Thanks.” Byulyi reached for the beverage and sipped. “Is there anything else?”

Dongmyeong held his ipad and bit his lip nervously. “Uhm, your birthday is in a week but you haven’t told us to make any reservation. You usually held a very massive party and the most anticipated one. We’ve been getting phone calls from vendors and even from celebrities who wish to be in your invitation list. So, how would you like your party this year to be?”

Byulyi set her coffee down and sighed. “I don’t want any party this year. I want to go somewhere private.”

Uj Dongmyeong nodded. “Ah, you want to spend your birthday with Miss Seori.”

“Tsk. What is it you don’t understand from the word private?” Byulyi looked at her secretary with rising anger.

Dongmyeong immediately bowed. “I’m sorry, Miss Moon. I should’ve not assumed. Well, is there anything you need for your private birthday? Any reservation?”

Byulyi walked to the window and gazed outside again. “I can handle that. You may go home, Dongmyeong. Thank you for today.”

“Thank you, Miss Moon. Have a nice day.” The male omega bowed and scurried outside.

Byulyi reached her phone and dialed a number whose owner was someone she rarely called. She needed to call her anyway because she believed that this person knew where her ex-girlfriend was now.

Jung Wheein, a multitalented singer and artist, walked faster to the 5 star restaurant where she should have been 15 minutes ago. Slightly panting, she smiled at her date for tonight's dinner. "It's really good to see you again, Byul."

Byulyi smiled back and got up from her seat. She hugged the petite alpha tightly. "I miss you."

Wheein was taken aback but hugged her tighter. "I miss you too."

They retracted then sat down. "I'm sorry I'm late. You know how the year end schedule is." Wheein sighed.

"I know. I'm the one who should be sorry for asking you to dinner o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter