uno

Come In

 

I'll update Crazy For You after I finish editing it [: guise, I love LIGHTS.

I swing my front door open, expecting to see the pizza guy with my hot pizza waiting for me to eat, but instead I find a man drenched in water, his hair falling over his face due to the pouring rain.  I purse my lips, looking around him in case the pizza box is somewhere around the man.  Well, I don’t see any pizza . . . so he’s definitely not the pizza guy.

    “Can I help you?” I ask, a little confused as to why a random, yet good-looking, guy is standing on my front porch, resembling a lost puppy.  He doesn’t look like a little kid―though he kind of has the face of one―but he also doesn’t look like an ahjussi.  I’m guessing he’s around my age which is twenty-two.

    “Can you, uh, let me stay here?” the man asks me, his voice shivering from the cold wind blowing from outside and the harsh raindrops falling on him.   “I’m kind of in a rush, and I can’t let them find me.”

    I raise my eyebrows, suddenly interested in his story.  He seems like he’s running away from somewhere...though, he doesn’t have any belongings on him.  Or beside him either.  I push my door wide open, letting the soaked man inside my apartment.  I’m not going to let a person just stay out in this weather―no matter how weird their story may seem.

    The man looks up and flashes me a million dollar smile before he steps inside my warm apartment.  Now that I think about it...he kind of does look familiar...but I don’t remember him from any recent place that I have been to so far.  I haven’t been living in Seoul for very long―only for about two months―so I don’t really know much about the entertainment, music, and etcetera.  The only thing that I have watched on television was a really good performance of a really good Korean singer named G-Dragon...I think.

    I close the door behind me.  “I-I’ll go get you a towel and some fresh clothes,” I tell the blonde male and he nods his head before he starts to look around my not-so empty apartment.  Sure, I may have some boxes full of crazy junk that Mom made me bring from home, but that’s about it.

    Opening the cabinet in my bathroom where my dry towels are, I grab one before heading into the guest room.  In the drawers, I have a bunch of fresh clothes because my best friend, Seungri, likes coming over to my apartment to spend the night.  If my parents knew I let Seungri spend the night at my house, they would fly all the way to Seoul just to lecture me about letting him spend the night.  Even though I’m not living with them (thankfully), they still treat me like a little kid.  Seungri and the man look about the same size so I grab a white v-neck and a pair of gray sweatpants.

    With my hands filled with the clothes and dry towel, I head back into my living room where the no-name man is still standing, being careful not to get any of my items wet.  I try not to laugh.  Most people wouldn’t care if they got my things dirty or wet...but this guy, he’s actually being careful about it.  I clear my throat, holding the clothes and towels out towards him as he turns around.  “You can take a shower in the guest bathroom, if you want,” I tell him, setting the clothes and towels in his hands.  He smiles at me slightly before he nods his head, and I point towards a door behind me.  “That’s the bathroom.”

    “Thank you,” he bows to me before heading into the guest bathroom.  So respectful...I should learn a few things from him.

    I slap the sides of my thighs as I walk into my kitchen, sitting on one of my barstools as I wait for the pizza guy to come.  It’s been over an hour since I called and the pizza dude hasn’t even come with my order yet.  I sigh before I rest my check in the palm of my hand, hewing the sound of the shower as I kick my legs back and forth.


The blonde guy steps out of the guest bathroom in Seungri’s clothing which fits him perfectly.  I practically swoon at the sight of him before I calm myself, telling myself that I don’t even know his name and I’m already thinking of how good he looks in simple clothing.  “Thank you, again, for letting me stay here,” he thanks me for the second time tonight and I smile, nodding my head.  “No, I really mean it.”

    I put my hand up.  “It’s okay; I believe you,” I respond.  The pizza guy still hasn’t come yet, so I’m guessing that he won’t be coming at all with my food.  I sigh, deciding that I should at least get to know the guy that I let into my house.  “Can I...ask you something?” he nods his head and I take a deep breath.  “You said something―about how you ‘can’t let them find you’―I was wondering, what did you mean by that?”

    He sighs, running a hand through his blonde and brown hair, before he sits down on the barstool next to me.  “I knew you were going to ask that,” the man says to himself as he looks up at me.  “Well, I guess I should tell you who I am.  My name is Ji Yong―or better known as G-Dragon.”

    My eyes widen.  I knew he looked familiar.  “Then...what are you doing here?  Shouldn’t you be at your agency, or something?”

    “I should be...but, I’m kind of running away from the entertainment world,” Ji Yong admits and I frown, tucking my right leg under my other one.  “I know, that doesn’t sound...normal but with everything that’s been going on, it just feels right to take a break from music.”

    My mouth is open slightly.  I never―ever―thought that a celebrity would want to, basically, give up on their career.  It seems like whatever Ji Yong is going through is affecting him so much that he actually ran away―and into my house.  “It seems like something’s screwed up your career,” I comment, mostly to myself as I try to figure everything out in my head.

    “Yeah―wait,” he pauses, looking at me with curious eyes.  “You mean...you don’t know what’s been going on with me?” I shake my head and Ji Yong chuckles softly.  “I guess that explains why you didn’t judge me the first time you saw me.”

    I frown.  Is what he did―or has done―really that bad?  Is it that bad, that people would judge him?  “What did you do, then?”

    Ji Yong sighs (he’s been doing a lot of that) before he starts.  “I’ve done...a lot of bad things in the past, and I’ve been accused of a lot of things too...but nothing measures to this,” he breathes.  “Something happened, while I was at an after-party on tour.  I thought it was a cigarette, so I politely accepted it.  But apparently, it wasn’t a cigarette,” Ji Yong’s head tilts up as he looks me in the eyes with guilt.  “It was .”

    My jaw feels like it’s been dropped to the floor.  I wasn’t expecting to hear that.  I thought what he did was going to small compared to this...but I won’t judge him for his actions (the whole public, apparently, is bringing him down because of it.)  I mean, it is really bad that he smoked , but he said that he didn’t know it was .  I don’t think he would be lying about this since to me, it doesn’t look like he is lying.  He looks guilty for even trying it.  “It’s not your fault,” I tell him and Ji Yong looks up at me.

    Ji Yong chuckles softly.  “Wow, you’re the first person to say that―besides my mother.”

    “I’m Soyeon, by the way,” I speak after a moment of silence between us.  Since I know Ji Yong’s name and a few things about him, I guess it was okay for me to tell him my name.

    “Soyeon,” he says my name, as if it were his favorite food.  “I like it.”

    I try not to smile as I move my leg as I feel it starting to become numb.  “So, I guess you’ll be staying here for a while?”

    Ji Yong nods his head.  “If you would let me...” Ji Yong trails off and I nod my head.  “I guess I will be then.  Thank you.”

    “I already told you:  it’s no problem.  I’m completely fine with it,” I reply.  “You can sleep in the guest bedroom.”

    Ji Yong stretches his arms above his head as he stands up, yawning.  “I guess I’ll sleep now,” he tells me before heading in the direction of the guest bedroom.  Before he opens the door, though, Ji Yong turns back around, sending a stunning smile my way, causing me to smile back.  “Goodnight, Soyeon.”

    “Goodnight.”