Day 2

5 Days of Paradise

The sun raised magnificently today. Probably because they were looking forward to each other company today.

Taecyeon never got excited over something since he's always occupied with his work. His girlfriends are merely give him time to rest for a while, but they never gave something that really impressed him because all of them are no different that gold diggers that he saw at his mother's favourite TV shows. Taecyeon never pitied himself, and rather than wasting time for finding a true love, he prioritized work over his dates every single time. But this time, he genuinely looked forward for her hospital tour. In fact, because how excited he is, he woke up a little early. He opened the sheer curtain that prevent him to saw Yoona face, and then her features, leaving Taecyeon awestrucked.

The sun reflected on her white pale skin. She slept backing the sun, leaving her features to have a hint of the sun, and he swore she looked to beautiful, he never saw someone who can sleep beautifully like that. Taecyeon was a man with a strict personality. His life only consist some things that people found boring. He only got his guitar as his personal hobby to ease all the stress. And with that personality, he never took a time to at least look at someone and judging if she is beautiful, tough, ugly or whatsoever. Taecyeon liked what he saw. He saw her pretty sleeping face, he liked how she touched her nose unconsiously, and fixed her sleeping position again. Her body is so petite and look almost tinier than his brother.

Yoona sensed that someone is looking at her, so she rubbed her eyes opened and saw Taecyeon his pillow face that make him kinda cute somehow. Yoona suddenly blushed as it was the first time someone looking her sleeping like that. Once again, Yoona had a good sleep for a while, she can't even tell why she can sleep like that after series of uncomfortable sleep at this hospital.

"Good morning, Yoona-ssi." Taecyeon smiled at her, and Yoona smiled back at him, still blushing.

"Good morning, Taecyeon-ssi. How long have you been awake?"

"Probably an hour, I just had my shower now." He lied. He had been showering after he woke up and adoring her face for 45 minutes straight.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry for making you wait. Let me take a shower now, just hold on a second." Yoona rushed to the bathroom and cleaned herself. As a matter of fact, she sensed someone watching her since 45 minutes but she despised it since she is really enjoying her sleep. She wondered if Taecyeon are the one who watched her or she is just dreaming.

After a good bath, Yoona got out from the shower and applied some light touch up before she looked at his bed and not finding him at all. She decided to walk outside and without realizing, Taecyeon opened the door, the same time Yoona opened the door. They bumped into each other as Yoona held his chest, while Taecyeon held her waist, naturally. They looked at each other and their eyes somehow locked into each other, seems like the rest of their soul.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you coming." Yoona said and they broke their eye contact and free their body. Taecyeon coughed fakely, but deep inside his heart just went crazy because their tiny skinship. His ears became red when he suddenly turned his back to hid his face, "Let's start the tour shall we?" Yoona nodded, agreed to his words while still trying to erase her embarrassed face earlier.

They walked side by side around the hospital. The hospital was located in Bundang, Gyeonggi-do, the brand new hospital around the metropolitan area. The place was more likely to be an art gallery center rather than to be called a hospital. The area had a lot of green space, which circulated the air much better than he thought it would be. The sun really shining beautifully through the tinted glass around the building. The hospital suprisingly had this cozy ambience, several patients could be seen around the area and having the time of their life. Yoona showed a lot of place like the cafeteria and her secret menu if she didn't want to eat her hospital foods, a tiny garden around the waiting area that became her getaway if she felt stuffy at her room, and last but not least, the children day care area when she sometimes helped the nurse there and took some duty.

Taecyeon looked at the girl that somehow he adored for this few days. He looked at her genuine reaction, he felt really happy around her. He can see why everyone around her at the hospital adored her. She had been diagnosed with chronic ilness, yet she can still put up an amazing smile and being a little sun herself. He liked her genuine disgust about how bland the hospital foods sometimes, he liked her favourite spot at the waiting area that's just a merely bench with tulip flowers in front of it, but he liked the most how she is passionately tell why she loved this day care more than anything else. 

A child suddenly ran toward them and tugged Taecyeon's hospital gown cutely. Taecyeon then get on his knees so that his eyes can be the same level as the 78cm boy in front of him. "Is there something wrong?"

"Mister, can you play with me? The other kid are enjoying Tayo and I don't like Tayo..." Taecyeon smiled as he ruffled the boy's head. "Sure let's play this then."

Yoona looked at Taecyeon who followed the boy and played with him. She didn't mind if she was left alone, in fact, she is glad that he enjoyed his time in the hospital. For several times she kept changing her roommates, who unfortunately passed away due the stress that they felt. She really wanted to make sure that everyone enjoying their time here. She was really happy to see Taecyeon loved to play with the children around here.

Yoona saw Taecyeon, imagining how she would have a family with a father figure and child just like what she saw in front of her eyes now. She thought that it was a shame that Taecyeon seems to be a loner despite his cheerful and cheeky jokes. 'He would be a great father.'

Much of her surprised, a girl came toward her and asked if she can help her colored the Christmas' deer inside the coloring book provided by the hospital. Yoona nodded as she followed the tiny girl and helped her coloring the book.

After a while, Taecyeon looked around to find Yoona was gone from her original spot. He scanned through the day care and spotted Yoona laughing and joking around the girl as she helped a girl to color the book. He smiled as he can see how Yoona looked like when she became a kindergarten teacher that she had been proud of. Taecyeon suddenly reminded by his mom who always stayed by his side and keep telling him to be happy, especially if he got someone who captured his heart.

Taecyeon then realized that maybe, he was already falling in love with Yoona. But no, in fact, he already fall in love with her since their eyes met for the first time. He did have a first love before, but the moment when he met Yoona, he hoped for his health to be better soon. He lost his hopes of his condition since the epilepsy really hurted him alot physically, until he decided to surrender and waited for his day to come. She changed his perspective slowly, without him realizing it.

Yoona sensed someone looking at her again, as her eyes pierced through the eyes of someone who's been gazing at her for a while. The moment when their eyes met, it locked instantly. Taecyeon smiled at her, while Yoona gave back the smile. They swore that it was the best day that happened in their life.

 

"How was the daycare?" Yoona curiously asked as they walked towards the cafeteria to grab some foods. "I love it. I genuinely surprised that the kids are well behaved and enjoying their time even though they are in the hospital."

"Most of the kids are already mature enough to understand their disease." Yoona explained.

"So what are you trying to say that, they do have the same chronic illness like us and they understood their condition really well?" Taecyeon stated and followed by Yoona's agreed face.

"They are an incredible kids. They matured way too soon because most of the time, they tried to not worrying their parents when they said they are fine." Taecyeon suddenly pitied them.

"They really inspired me a lot. I'm glad you brought me to the day care." Yoona giggled. "You are welcome."

 

Soon, they reached into the huge cafeteria and order some foods before heading towards the nearby seat area. After they got their food, they started digging and they don't realized how hungry they were after spending 2 hours at the day care area.

"The foods in here are delicious. You got a really good recommendation aren't you?" Yoona just smile proudly. "I just got a good taste in food, that's all."

"You have been went through all the foods in here aren't you?" Taecyeon asked, which followed by her nods.

"Being in here for a while is making you bored, so I do what I can do." Taecyeon nod this time.

"How long have you been in here Yoona-ssi?"

"Okay before I'm answering that question, we need to settle up something."

Taecyeon looked dumbfounded. "What is it?"

"Let's drop off the honorific, just call me Yoona from now on." Taecyeon looked surprised, but then he smiled.

"Yep let's drop that." Yoona nods as she proceed to answer his question.

"I've been in here for 3 months now."

"That's a lot of times." Taecyeon said. He can't imagine to be here in those periods of time. He felt sad for her.

"Yeah, before I was send to the hospital, I decided to get my treatments at home, but the symptoms are getting worse, so they decided to let me move to this hospital and got a full time monitors by the hospital."

"It was better to be here than at your home." Taecyeon stated. To be honest, he thanked the heavens for bringing Yoona here so he eventually meet her now. He already imagined how boring it would be if he didn't meet her and became her roommate.

"How about you, Taecyeon? Took you long enough to just moved to hospital by now." Yoona asked curiously as she sipped her strawberry tea.

"Did I mention you I worked at some boring place? I was a vice president of Byeonggu Enterprise. It was my father's and he appointed me to work as the vice president who had this packed schedules. After the accident, I'm forcing myself to got back to work like the accident didn't happened. For a whole week, nothing happened. Then one day I got seizures as it kept me for breathing calmly." Yoona looked at him sadly. He must be hurt so much, she thought.

"After that my family suggest to let me rest at home in hopes it will get better soon. But for 5 months the frequent episodes of epilepsy are getting worse, and the day before yesterday I barely survived so they took me to the hospital. They insisted to let me stayed in the hospital and get full time monitors like you." Taecyeon smiled as he can sense that Yoona seems so concerned about him.

"It must be tough for you, Taecyeon-ah."

"You must feel the same too. That's why we are here." He jokingly said. Yoona agreed with him.

 

They continued to talk since there's nothing to do at the hospital anyway. Both Taecyeon and Yoona realized that they are so similiar in so many ways. They loved dogs, the mini one to be exact. Taecyeon had a traumatic past with a big dog that bit his arm, while Yoona found that big dog's voice are horrifying; They both like mint chocolate ice cream, which they thought it was strange that some people hates the taste of it; They loved the transition season between autumn to winter. They felt like those season gave the coziest ambience through the seasons; and they thought it wasn't coincident that somehow they met here at the hospital, in the same exact room.

This might sounds cheesy but they did love each other company. For a while they didn't realize that they both comforted each other, even though they just met like yesterday. They shared a lot of laughs and stories in such a short period of times. For past a few months, Yoona couldn't find something that cheer her up because she's been occupied with horrifying thoughts of dead that she will approach anytime soon. She forced to give her cheerful smile, while deep inside she felt alone and scared of so many things. In the other hand Taecyeon felt just the same, he gave up his life way too earlier in past month because he felt like he is useless and doesn't deserve all the happiness. He never saw a light after his world crumbled, he felt miserable. He kept reassured himself and his family that he is perfectly fine, even though most of the time, he is not.

These two souls just are way too alone and desperate all this time. And for the first time in their life, they want to have this moment lasted for forever.

 

"It was fun today." Taecyeon said as they walked towards their room. They passed a lot of patients with variety of ages on their way. Yoona smiled as she felt proud that he enjoyed their time together just now. Taecyeon was the first person to be enthusiastic about everything in this hospital. After a lot of roommates that she had for months, 

Just then they saw a old woman who stumbled down and fell on the ground at the hall in front of them. Taecyeon and Yoona both ran towards the woman and Taecyeon helped the woman to got up while Yoona called the nurse nearby. Luckily the old woman was okay. She looked at them both and smiled.

"Thank you, you guys are such a good couple. I wouldn't know what happened if you don't help me." Yoona widen her eyes while Taecyeon giggled. "Grandma, we aren't a couple..." Yoona explained.

"Oh really? What a shame!" The old woman laughed at their awkward faces. "But let me remind you, youngsters. No matter what happened, you both need to understand that your own happiness comes first."

They both looked at the old woman before she left to her room with her nurse. Yoona looked down at her feet as she kept repeating the words she said. Did she do the right thing? Did she happy right after all this time? She can't clearly remember when she confirmed herself that she is indeed happy. She was enjoying her time before as the kindergarten teacher, but after the incident, she didn't even sure if she is the same woman who are so passionate in her life with a big dream ahead. In the other hand, Taecyeon seemed lost in thoughts too. The woman made him questioning himself if he was tried to survive to make himself happy, or not. His happiness is if all things are working according to his plan, but seemed like he didn't even understand, what's in this world that made himself happy. Was it his brother, works, or something else?

Yoona looked at Taecyeon, he didn't even realized that he lost in deep thoughts. Yoona studied his features. Somehow she can't get over his face at all. His face is so captivating for her. Someone must be lucky to have him as boyfriend, she thought. Yoona then smiled and tapped his shoulder, his startled face are somehow amuzing for her. Yoona laughed and Taecyeon just looked at her disbeliefed, but also he liked how his antics made her laugh like that.

"You need to see your own face. It was funny as hell." Yoona kept laughing when Taecyeon just sniffed.

"I can't believe you Yoona." Taecyeon smiled. "Come on, let's go, it's getting dark."

 

"What do you want to hear tonight?" Taecyeon said while he opened up his guitar case.

"How can you sure that I enjoyed your guitar play?" Yoona teased.

"Well, you said I played it good yesterday."

"You really do sir. Any melody will be fine, since I don't have song recommendation for now." Taecyeon then started playing his guitar.

The soft melody accompanied them as they both busy with their own business. Yoona seems to wrote something on her notebook, seemed that she wrote her diary, while Taecyeon focused on playing his guitar to match the correct tone that he played. It was a warm night, as Yoona didn't fear to be alone this time. She glad that Taecyeon accompanied her in here, although for a whole day she sensed something might be happened after this. As she looked at Taecyeon, only hope that she got was she hoped he will be fine.

"I'm curious," Yoona closed her book and look straight to Taecyeon. Taecyeon continued to play as he looked at Yoona, wondering what she might curious about.

"Did you really doing your works for you entire life? You didn't do something on holiday or weekends?"

"I do, I played this guitar."

"No, I mean the other stuffs. Like hangouts with your friends?"

"Seldomly. I used to get my stuff done before I decided what should I do on my free time. I used it to went out for dates."

"Oh, I see. So you do have girlfriend now?" A hint of dissapointment can be heard through her voice which broke Taecyeon into tiny smile.

"Nope, I didn't get into relationship for a year now." Taecyeon answered truthfully. "Why did you ask?"

"Nothing, just curious that's all."

"You sure? You sounds jealous earlier."

"Me? Jealous? You are way ahead for your self-esteem right there Mr. Taecyeon."

"Well, my bad then." Taecyeon continued to smile. "So how about you? I believe you got one right now."

"I broke with my last boyfriend months ago."

"May I ask why?" Taecyeon asked carefully.

"We just grew apart, it's not because I'm sick." Yoona just looked at her hand while answering the question.

"Good to hear then." Taecyeon slipped his tounge that followed by Yoona's confused look. "What do you mean?"

"People tends to leave someone if they can't accept a reality." Truthfully, he was grateful to know that she is single now. Now he sure that the last moment in his life, he wanted to spend it with Yoona. Taecyeon just need to make sure that she will hear his true feelings as soon as possible. He already falling in love harder than he thought he would be, and he didn't regret that it was Yoona who captured his heart at the most miserable time in his life.

Yoona in the other hand feel at ease, knowing that she might like him too. She didn't feel the same thing when she fell in love with her last boyfriend. He was different. He never questioned her vunerable conditions and rather they always spend their days just to laugh and be there for each other like there's nothing happened. She might not only like him, but her heart insisted that she already loved that man named Ok Taecyeon. If she didn't make it through Christmas, then she will do her best to tell him how much his presence really giving Yoona a life she never knew and asked before.

They continued to talk until the night falls. They seems to cherished their moments together, every single seconds of it.