Day 1

5 Days of Paradise

"Everything seems fine for now. Keep it up for a while, got it?" The woman across the doctor just nodded, smiling and hoping to hype up the mood in the room. The doctor stood up and looked at the old couple that seems to be her parents, looking at the doctor worriedly as they tried to keep themselves calm and praying if miracle does exist by now.

"I need to talk to both of you, but not in here." The doctor suggested to talk in his office. At first the old woman hesitated since she wanted to accompany her beloved daughter, but the weak woman assuring that everything will be fine for her and her mother need to know something from the doctor. Not wanting her daughter to forcing her and make herself tired, she quickly agreed and procceded to follow her husband and the doctor.

Im Yoona sighed as she looked at the window, the sun appeared to be warm and a little windy outside. It's really weird since it's already winter and the snow should be falling by now. But seems the sun wants to assure her as well that everything will be alright, everything will still be beautiful even there's might something happened to her any time soon.

Yoona was a beautiful woman herself. She was a kindergarten teacher, she loved kids, and she had a dream that one day she can play with her own children. She did have a boyfriend, but they decided to break up because they grew apart from each other. After such a heartbreaking moments, a month later she was diagnosed with cardiovascular disease that risking her heart with heart attack. Her ex-boyfriend tried to go back with her, because he is worried with her condition, which made Yoona didn't want him to be back with her even more. She's been into treatments a lot by her parents, who's luckily are the top lawyers in the country and loving her daughter unconditionally. Didn't really want to bother her parents, Yoona secretly went to the doctor for check-up.

The hard truth hitting her when the doctor said that her life will not be long enough, since her heart getting weaker and there's no chance to get another heart donor due all her organs had been falling since they affected by uncoordinated blood flows, and risking her life even more if she attempted to take a surgery. The doctor can't deny her request for asking how long she will be alive, so he answered trutfully that she wouldn't make it through Christmas this year.

Her heart stopped when she heard his doctor diagnosis. Yoona, who dreamed of her future for having family and 2 beautiful children, couldn't make through Christmas this year. The woman who got big dream, stopped by reality that she, herself can't take it. Her health then decreased badly for 3 months, and here she is, laying on her bed waiting for the time to come to her and take her unfinished life to somewhere else.

 

She startled from her deep thoughts when the nurse opened the door with a man carried a huge guitar on his left arm, at the wheelchair. Yoona couldn't see his face since a sheer curtains prevent her sight to see his face. The nurse followed by other doctor that she didn't recognized, and a couple who looked like around her parents age. Since she didn't want to let their parents spend much money on getting a better hospital room for her, she suggested to get 2 beds room to cut the costs, so she wasn't surprised to see another patient will came towards this room all of sudden. Yoona just shrugged her shoulder, putting her earphones back, thinking that she won't bother to be noisy about someone sickness. But she can't help to look at the sheer curtain, she could hear an audible sobs from a woman across the room, while the patient just hung his head low, probably he can't do anything either, like her.

After a tiny commotion, the couple, nurse and doctor leave the room and all of sudden, the room became silent. Yoona took her earphone out and decided to took a nap since her head suddenly became so heavy, after all things that she thought earlier. She went into deep slumber, suprisingly. She had troubled for sleeping when she got into the hospital, she even had panic attacks for several times. In fact, the thought of being alone and dying in hospital scared her the most. She always assured her parents that she will be alright alone, but it's just a thick mask that she wore everytime someone worried about her. Even she hide it well from her best friend and her ex-boyfriend, because she thought it was the best decision she ever make. She woke up after a long nap, confused why she got a good sleep for a while, but decided to ignored it since she is really curious with her new 'roommate' . She could hear her roommate currently playing guitar besides her, with a really calming tone that he played.

'At least, I need to say hi to my new roommate right? It would be rude to not saying hi at all.'  Yoona opened the sheer curtain, revealed a toned man with his shirt on. Yoona couldn't help but smiled slightly how he wore a shirt with blue hospital trousers. He looked kinda cute. She quickly caught in act when all of sudden the man stopped playing his guitar and looked at her.

"I'm sorry did I bother you?" A deep voice echoing a little bit in the room. Yoona shocked her head. "No you aren't. In fact you played it really good."

The man smiled, "Thanks."

"Im Yoona, by the way." She gave her hand and gladly took by the man beside her. "Ok Taecyeon."

She couldn't deny how handsome this guy named Ok Taecyeon right in front of her. His face looked tough, but she can sensed his warming gesture and emotion. His big toned arms can be see through his shirt, he looked so big. Although he looked a little pale, he is still one of the handsome man that she could ever meet in her life.

"So are you a musician?" Yoona started the conversation. "Nope, I worked at a boring place, a packed one too. This is how I used to ease all the tense when I reached home and it became a hobby for me." Taecyeon smiled as he looked at his guitar.

"It must be your favorite things, you even brought it to the hospital". Taecyeon laughed. "You bet. How about you then?"

"I am a kindergarten teacher. I worked at Itaewon Kindergarten Center and some of the orphanage around my house." Yoona smiled proudly.

"You seems so proud with your job right there, maam." Yoona just giggle, "I really do, sir."

 

Taecyeon then continued played his guitar, while Yoona comfortablely watched him playing. It's a really beautiful tone, no wonder she fell asleep into a deep slumber earlier. He played it beautifully as they were in a huge concert hall because how empty the room is and it's echoing the whole room. Yoona found he is amusing. She found that Taecyeon really managed to pull a string in her heart that she never know, even with her last boyfriend. He is really something else, Yoona thought.

Taecyeon in other hand, find her just the same. He dated so many girls in his life, yet never one of them managed to capture his heart fully. But it's been only two and half hours since he met Yoona, but his heart really pursuing that she is the one. Being the vice president of the company, he did has a burden in his shoulder, that no matter what happened, this company of his father need to stand as long as the legacy lives. He took everything and doing his best to protect the company, but one thing that he forgot was he forgot to protect himself.

That's when he got into big car accident in Gangnam 5 months ago, after he tiredly working non stop for 3 whole days to keep their stocks not falling down. After he succeeded, he forced himself to drove home, ignoring his parents pleading to let him stay at the company before took him home. He got into the accident, managed to hit his head to the hard cold car dashboard, strike to the stem of his brain. It's completely ruin the cells and he got severe seizure for a week before the doctor diagnosed him with traumatic brain damage which leads him to permanent epilepsy.

The world is crumbling down for Taecyeon as he can't work fully as the vice president that his father trust. The vice position never been a burden to him, since if he keep working as vice president, his younger brother, Ok Dongyeon will freely to learn at school and not worrying about the company at all. Taecyeon love his brother so much, even he willingly to do anything for his brother and vice versa. Dongyeon was crying loudly at the hospital when he knew Taecyeon got into severe accident, for the first time in his life. At that time Dongyeon who always be a human vitamins in the family, he became the man who willing to take the responsibility and working hard as vice president, while forcing Taecyeon to focus on his treatment.

 

"So, why are you here, Yoona-ssi?" Taecyeon stated while look at Yoona. He swore that she is the most beautiful woman that he ever see in his life. Her pale face made her look fragile and the sense of protecting her really urging Taecyeon inside, but isn't it weird to falling from head to toe of her in their first day meeting?

"Cardiovascular disease, heart attack to be simple." Taecyeon looked surprised. "But you are way too young to have a heart attack..."

"I know right? At first I can't accept it but you know life got it ways I guess." Yoona smiled, wearing her thick mask once again, ignoring her feeling to let her open up to him. "How about you?"

"I got into car accident, a bad one. I got hit at the head and it injured my brain stem so I got uncontrollable episodes of epilepsy." Yoona just cover with her hand. "It must be hard for you right?"

"Yep, but like you said, life got it ways and you can't do anything." Taecyeon and Yoona can feel the same thing from each other. Their cruel fates really match up somehow, and they found it funny. Yoona smiled, while Taecyeon just looked at her like she was his reflection.

 

"Since you enjoyed my performance a while ago, you owe me something Yoona-ssi." Yoona tilted her head, giggling while tilted her head. "And what is it, Taecyeon-ssi?"

"Show me around the hospital tomorrow? You know I don't want to roam the hospital in the middle of the night."

"Scared that much sir?" Yoona mocked him playfully.

"I'm being respectful to not disturbing the other patients, Miss Yoona." Taecyeon smiled. He liked that someone really got same taste with him in the terms of jokes.

"Deal then. Since I've been in the hospital for a while, it's my duty to show my roommate what this hospital have to offers." Taecyeon nodded. "Looking forward for the tour tomorrow then."

The time showed 1 A.M. in the morning, which probably the worst idea they still woke up since the nurse will came anytime soon. "I guess we need to call it a night, I don't want to get caught by the nurse." Yoona smiled while looked at the time on the wall.

"Yep don't wanna mess up at my first day here." Taecyeon laughed. "So, see you today?"

Yoona smiled even brighter, "See you today."

---