I.

Leave Your Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MARCH 2019


Everything's piling up, really. She's stuck, somewhere between here and now, she's lost. Park Chaeyoung felt like a child. All her life she dreamt of this, reaching this high, but once she stood at the top, she felt numb, as if everything is meaningless. Dancing the same choreography, performing the same song to perfection. She's longing for change. Anything, to keep her sane.

 

And as if to add salt to the wound, her ex-boyfriend is already dating someone new, a few months after their breakup.

 

"You're such a loser, Roseanne," she murmured as fresh tears streaked down her cheeks, 8am in the morning, another day to doll up and pretend everything is okay.

 

"Rosie, you awake? Jisoo-unnie left us some breakfast, I'll microwave it, okay?" Rosé heard Jennie's voice from the other side of the door after she knocked.

 

"Okay," she said, loud enough for Jennie to hear, but her voice betrayed her, cracking as tears continued to flow from her eyes.

 

"Rosie? You okay? Are you crying?" Jennie asked, her voice insistent but Rosé didn't have the energy to talk to anyone right now. Especially to her unnie.

 

"I'm fine, unnie. Just... Leave me alone, please," she murmured and was thankful when Jennie said okay and she heard footsteps fading away, her unnie probably went to the kitchen already.

 

She took a deep breathe, her lungs constricting as pain cursed through her. She really doesn't know what to do anymore. She knew Jennie will try to comfort her, but she doesn't like to see the pity in her eyes. She doesn't need pity, for goodness sake.

 

Meanwhile Jennie was panicking already, not knowing what to do. Jisoo have a shoot for a series she'll cameo thus she went out early and left them breakfast. Lisa was still in Thailand, having her fanmeet and also some time with her family. She's alone with Rosé, her dongsaeng who's crying alone on her bedroom. Besides, she's not really good at comforting othe people. She's awkward like that, it's Jisoo who were always gonna be the mother hen for them, always ready to reach out to them. 

 

"Gods, what should I do? Ottoke?" she murmured as she walked back and forth their living room, biting her nails in anxiety. Who could she asked for help? Who would be someone that can crack the walls Rosé is slowly building up?

 

Jennie noticed, of course she did. Rosé was becoming restless as schedules piled up on them. She noticed how she seemed indifferent, of course she still gave her all in performing but you can see the way her eyes cast down after each performance as they went backstage. As if their life is completely out of their hands, every minute was scheduled to the tee, so she thought maybe she's just tried.

 

Probably why Rosé and her boyfriend broke up, because they're so busy, how can you even squeeze in a quick date? Also a reason why Jennie decided not to date anyone as of the moment. She remembered how Bobby a lot when she said it, not even believing her for a second.

 

Jennie's eyes widen, finally realizing someone who could help her. She quickly picked up her phone, scrolling through her contacts for that babbo.

 

"Hey, Jen what's up?" She heard Bobby said and she was clutchi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter