Everybody Needs to Move On

Almost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The coffee was hot, and steam was coming out of it. It was something Eunseo would have cherished to take pictures of. It wasn’t one of those days, however. Her brain kept replaying the events that gave this painful ache now and then. She closed her eyes, pushing back the thoughts once more. She found herself controlling her emotions from the moment she woke up. She was happy for them. She can’t be bitter knowing she loves both of them. Eunseo just needed time.

 

Love was never selfish.

 

“The coffee will get cold, Eunseo-ssi.” Irene gave Eunseo’s breakfast order while looking at the younger girl.

“I’m sorry, Irene-Unnie. I’m still a little bit sleepy.” Eunseo politely bowed before taking a sip of the luke warm drink.

 

Her eyes followed Irene, who was already walking towards the kitchen.

Yeri approached her holding a paper bag that contained what Eunseo ordered for take-out.

 

“You have been like that for an hour now. Problem?”

“Yeah. How to get away from a room of lovebirds?”

“What do you mean? Are there birds in your hotel room?” Yeri grew wide-eyed.

“No! No! It’s just, Seulgi-Unnie and Bona-Unnie are officially together now. I feel like a bad third wheel they take care of all the time. Specially Bona-Unni. Like she is getting worse than my sister. Them being an item feels suffocating. I wanted to go here alone, walk a bit. If not for Seulgi-Unnie, she’ll be tagging like a master holding me on a leash like a dog.”

“I’m sure it would be fine. Your unnies love you a lot. I get that much attention from the unnies here.” Yeri replied, nodding as she pointed out her co-workers, who raised their eyebrows questioningly.

 

All except for one.

 

Irene quietly prepared ingredients for the dishes Wendy would make for lunch. She heard the conversation, but to the rest, she seemed uninterested.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi was standing by a tree while she took pictures of the scenery. It was an off day, and she took the chance to stroll around before they took the train home. Everything seemed normal for her. But she knew she was far from okay.

 

She felt she might have rushed Bona that she wasn’t sure if it was right for them to do.

 

She felt silly and stupid but relieved she now knew how her friend felt. Bona didn’t ask for a reply. But the other woman hoped for an answer once they reached Seoul.

 

In truth, Bona made Seulgi’s heart warm. It was something she had not felt for a very long time. However, something, rather, someone was confusing her.

 

Irene

 

“Thanks for meeting me.” The woman appeared from behind her and was now standing beside her.

 

Irene sent a message through Eunseo asking her to meet her. Seulgi didn’t see anything wrong until she saw the older woman in front of her.

 

Her chest felt warm.

But

It was beating erratically. So fast, Seulgi felt it was going to go out of her chest.

 

“I’m not going to beat around the bush, Seulgi.” Irene started without looking at her.

“My sister, she needs something constant, someone, who would not give up on her. All her life, she felt that already. So whatever happens, I ask you. I beg you.” Irene turned to face Seulgi, and their eyes met.

 

Seulgi felt Irene’s seriousness while she spoke the words.

 

“Never cheat on her. Never leave her even if she hurts you too much. Let her be the one to decide you don’t have to be in a relationship anymore. Never let it be you.”

“Irene...”

“Promise me, Seulgi. Promise me you will do this.”

“Irene...”

“For me, Seulgi. For me.” Irene held on to her gaze, wanting, no, demanding a positive response.

 

Seulgi knew these kinds of promises were hard to keep. But one thing she was sure of was that she had no intention of cheating on Bona.

 

“Give the love she deserves and never leave her,” Irene said softly, eyes never leaving Seulgi’s.

 

They stayed that way before Irene decided to walk away.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Eunseo watched Bona arrange her bag while she sat on the bed. Her sister is out on an errand while she is stuck with her soon-to-be ex-crush, who looks like a wife preparing her travel bag.

 

How ironic

 

“You’re quiet.” Bona turned to her with a smile.

“I’m trying to behave, Unnie. I think you would have been happy about that.”

 

Bona nodded in agreement. The smile on her lips told Eunseo she was in a super good mood. On the other hand, it made a sad smile appear on Eunseo’s face. She knew she wasn’t going to be the most significant reason for those smiles. It would be her elder sister who has the power to do so.

 

“Eunseo... you’re staring off to space again.”

“Sorry, Unnie. Did you need help?”

“I said, I’m thankful you’re here.” Bona walked over and stood in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter