Me and My Current Life

Almost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She hears coughing right outside her door.

Then some crying.

 

Seulgi sighed and listened through her meeting as she worked from home. The new norm isn’t practical for her, but she had to be with her siblings due to covid. Wonwoo had kids. Well, Eunseo needed guidance while their brother took care of his family. The youngest, Eunseo, was graduating, much to the relief of her older siblings. However, she was constantly distracted by non-existing romantic commitments because of her charm. Not that Seulgi and Wonwoo lacked the same appeal. Wonwoo was a responsible father and Seulgi, was a responsible older sister. They have no time for extra-curricular activities considering the facts.

 

“Seulgi? Do you agree?” Seulgi found herself humming into her mouthpiece as a response as she read the current slide.

 

She silently cursed herself for daydreaming again.

 

“Bona will be accompanying you on the trip. Will you bring your car?”

“Say what again?” Seulgi asked, somewhat surprised.

 

What did she agree to again? She looked closer to the screen and read the requirements of the business trip she was about to take.

 

“Seulgi, let’s talk offline. I’ll explain. I think your niece distracted you a bit. She did cry loudly today.” Bona took the conversation back so their senior didn’t have to pry further.

 

Seulgi let out another sigh. She hoped face-to-face work would become a reality soon. Unfortunately, meetings were twice as hard to listen to at times. It’s becoming hard for her to manage sessions when her mind wanders over her faceless monitor.

 

Ding!

 

Team-Kang Group Chat

Bona: Get coffee. It will help.

Seulgi: Thanks.

Bona: I can bring my car to drive us both. I can pick you up.

Seulgi: No. Your house is on the way to the site. So it’s counterproductive for you to pick me up. I should pick you up instead.

Bona: If you insist.

Moonbyul: Guys, get a room.

Jeongyeon: Agree.

Seulgi: This is a team chatroom. Bona and I are talking business. Are you guys retarded?

Moonbyul: Bona is business?

Jeongyeon: *expecting something juicy*

Seulgi: Bona and I are talking about business. Not Bona is business. Can’t you read?

Bona: Settle down, children.

 

Seulgi scowled at her friends. They had been creating this love line between her and Bona for a while now. There IS a love line. But how do you date someone over the internet? They rarely had the chance to go out. Seulgi had to be extra careful because Wonwoo kids were in the house. Covid isn’t friendly to unvaccinated individuals. Let’s not forget about Eunseo as well. Her sister had a big fat crush on Bona since she met her.

 

“You and Bona-Unnie are going out?” Seulgi snapped her head back a little too much, making her hiss in pain.

“It’s work, not what these guys are thinking.”

“I’m sure Bona-Unnie would appreciate it if you let loose while you work.”

“It’s not that simple.”

“Unnie...” Eunseo patted her sister’s head.

“It’s okay actually to want Bona-Unnie.”

“And here I thought you would fight for her.”

“I will in time. Right now, my sister and my brother need my diploma.” Eunseo gave Seulgi a playful wink before handing her a cup of coffee.

“I need to group study online with Cheng-Xiao. Let me know if you need anything. And please, stand up. Oppa said you barely went  out of your room yesterday.”

 

As their youngest closed her door, Seulgi slumped in her seat. She needed to set boundaries with Bona. If not a limit, an understanding with Eunseo. Eunseo had been crushing over her colleague for years now, yet Seulgi doesn’t see resentment. More mature than Seulgi, as Wonwoo would describe the youngest at times. But still, it was her sister’s heart. Seulgi would never toy around with that.

 

She could hardly imagine herself playing around with Bona’s heart as well.

 

Ding!

Kim Bona Chat

Bona: Ignore them.

Seulgi: I am.

Bona: Drink coffee. A cup, please. Not more.

Seulgi: I will. I promise.

Bona: Don’t do overtime. Get out early.

Seulgi: Why are you going all motherly at me?

Bona: I’m not acting motherly.

 

Seulgi didn’t respond anymore. She stared at the conversation, hoping her friend wouldn’t say anything else. Being torn over her heart wants and hurting her sister weighed heavily on her. Eunseo may be wise beyond her years, but she was still Seulgi’s little sister.

 

Kim Bona Chat

Bona: I care a lot about you, Seulgi.

Seulgi: I know. I care a lot about you too.

@@@@@@@

 

“I think my mask is too big. I should have opted for the small size.” Seulgi talked to herself as she stared at the rearview mirror.

 

Finally, the company paid for a four-day business trip for some auditing Bona was about to do. Seulgi was in charge of the systems, so she was asked to tag along to perform checks. They didn’t expect their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter