three

i'm holding you so long
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it’s not long before yerim brings it up.

 

they are sitting in their usual bakery downtown, jiwoo spending the weekend with sooyoung’s parents. even if her mom tends to be a pain in the , her father is not that bad, and she knows they both adore jiwoo and that she adores them just as much.

 

“so,” yerim starts, putting her iced americano on the table before throwing her one of those looks that sooyoungs knows mean one thing, trouble. and teasing, but mostly trouble. “why didn’t you invite seulgi?”

 

“well, i didn’t want to force her to hang out with a literal child, she has enough of that on her job” sooyoung chuckles at the offended look on her face.

 

yerim scoffs loudly at that, “do i need to remind you the fact that you’ve been using your five-year-old daughter as an excuse to be with her? now that is actually forcing her to hang out with a child”

 

she rolls her eyes at her, distractedly picking at the slice of red velvet cake in front of her.

 

“i’m not forcing her to be around jiwoo” she mumbles. “she actually likes being with her, and jiwoo does too” the last part is almost inaudible.

 

yerim softens her face at that.

 

“unnie, what is going on with you two?” 

 

sooyoung has actually no idea, it’s been two weeks since that night on the couch when she fully accepted that she’s unrevocably enamored by the other woman, she thought it would be an earth shattering moment, that the next morning she would wake up and feel like a completely different person now that she had acknowledged her feelings.

 

it wasn’t like that, although some things did change a little.

 

she can’t be the only one that is feeling something, she is sure.

 

she started noticing things about seulgi, of course, (because what it’s not about seulgi these days?) like how loaded her stares are, how she seems to linger a bit longer whenever they hug goodbye, because goodbye hugs are a thing now. 

 

after that night it was like a veil was lifted off sooyoung’s eyes, instead replaced by seulgi colored glasses. she started noticing everything the older woman did, from the curve of her smile to the tone of her voice whenever they spoke on the phone.

 

she doesn’t tell yerim any of that.

 

“nothing is going on, yerim-ah, we’ve just gotten really close” she tries to sound as nonchalant as possible, but honestly, she has never been a good actress and yerim knows her better than anyone.

 

“you don’t have to keep doing this to yourself, unnie” yerim reaches for her hand, squeezing once, twice, until sooyoung meets her eyes, “you deserve to be with someone that cares about you, that can make you happy. i know that seulgi-ssi can be that person”

 

sooyoung frowns at that, because how can yerim be so sure?

 

“how can you know that?” she sighs, “i’ve known her for a few months, i don’t even know if she is ready for a relationship with someone like me. i have a daughter, yerim, she is only two years older than me, do you really think she would go into a relationship like that?”

 

yerim frowns at her, displeased at the way sooyoung was talking. “listen, i’ve seen how she acts around you, even if i wanted to gag half the time i was there, you have never been this happy around anyone” 

 

sooyoung only gives her an unimpressed look. “unnie, seriously, do you think someone would willingly spend their weekends building legos with a child? i’m jiwoo’s godmother and not even i has spent so much time with that kid”

 

“yeah, well that just means you’re doing a ty job” sooyoung deadpans.

 

“she likes you too” yerim responds, ignoring her comment. “stop trying to push people away, you should’ve learned it never works”

 

-

 

her talk with yerim only helped to assure her thoughts about seulgi feeling the same, even if she didn’t want to assume the other woman’s feelings, she couldn’t help but feel that she was right, that seulgi did want this, that she did want her.

 

the difficult part was talking about it. sooyoung had never confessed to someone else, it was usually the other way around, but she figured it was worth it.

 

turned out this was going to be one of the first firsts she would have with seulgi.

 

winter break has started already, and christmas was just in a few days. she had wanted to invite seulgi over to spend christmas eve together (how domestic of her, honestly) but the older woman had been away for over a week, visiting her family in ansan.

 

luckily, she had promised to go back the day after christmas, and visit her and jiwoo the minute she arrived.

 

the way sooyoung blushes like a schoolgirl has jiwoo worriedly asking her if she has a fever.

 

-

 

sooyoungie - 20:49

merry christmas, unnie

we miss u

file.jpg


 

seulgi unnie - 20:52

i miss you too

tell jiwoo i have a gift for her

you guys look cute

sooyoungie - 20:53

what abt me?

do u have a gift for me too?

 

seulgi unnie - 21:00

you know i do

you are my favorite

don’t tell jiwoo that part

 

sooyoungie - 21:02

don’t worry

you’re my favorite too

come home soon pls

 

seulgi unnie - 21:02

i will

wait for me

<3

 

-

sooyoung had everything planned for the night she was going to confess to seulgi.

 

the two of them would have a nice dinner out, jiwoo would stay at yerim’s, they would go back to her place and she would nicely and in a very romantic way confess her feelings, then if things went the right way, seulgi would return them and they would happily make out on the couch.

 

that plan went south the moment she opened her door on christmas morning to find seulgi holding a big box.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter