two

i'm holding you so long
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

she is not nervous. there is no logical reason to be nervous.

 

it’s just her daughter’s super hot-only seen her twice-totally made her swoon teacher. 

 

no reason to be nervous at all.

 

she feels less ridiculous when she notices that jiwoo is almost as fidgety as she is. earlier, she had taken all of her stuffed animals from her room and sat them down on the couch, now it was the third time the little girl was changing sitting arrangements. apparently mr. fox doesn’t like sitting down next to blue, the whale.

 

it’s not an everyday thing to have guests over to their apartment, most of the time only yerim, jiwoo’s godmother, visited them. 

 

after the encounter while grocery shopping, it took sooyoung three whole days to realize she didn’t exchange any numbers with seulgi, but one comment to jiwoo about inviting her teacher for dinner solved it. the next morning the little girl arrived at school with a handmade (very formal in her opinion) invitation to dinner at their apartment on friday.

 

she even added the park family as the signature.

 

sooyoung is in the middle of checking the pie in the oven, for the third time in ten minutes, even if the oven has a timer and even if never once in her life she had burnt the pie.

 

and maybe that should’ve been a sign from the start, how she made the pie for dinner, the kind of pie that is reserved for special occasions such as yerim signing a deal with sm entertainment as a producer, or jiwoo losing one of her front teeth, that kind of special occasions.

 

sooyoung tells herself that this is special enough, after all this is her daughter’s teacher, leaving a good impression on her is important.

 

by the time seulgi rings the bell, she is buzzing with nerves, making sure everything is neatly placed at the table and quickly refraining jiwoo from jumping over the couch to arrive at the door. 

 

when she opens the door she finds the other woman with her head almost brushing the door, caught in the middle of squinting at it, it takes a second and a startled looking seulgi for sooyoung to remember that jiwoo had placed multiple stickers around the peephole of the door, claiming it was to make it less boring.

 

it amused her to no end to know that her five year old and that said five year old’s teacher were just as interested in colorful door stickers.

 

“miss kang!” always the icebreaker, jiwoo rounds her before hugging seulgi’s legs.

 

“hi, jiwoo-yah, you’re acting as if you didn’t see me just yesterday” the teacher chuckles, a fond smile in her place instead of a teasing one.

 

“i missed you already!” she swears she can hear seulgi let out the quietest grunt when jiwoo tightens her arms around her legs, she had been there a couple of times, it’s not as sweet as it looks.

 

“alright, jiwoo-yah, you should let her in” she softly pries away the kid from seulgi’s legs, the woman giving her a thankful gaze, she chuckles.

 

“thank you for the invite, sooyoung-ssi” they smile at each other, before they realize they are still standing in the doorway.

 

she ushers the other woman inside when she notices that her hands are filled.

 

“oh, what is that?” she asks curiously, once she sees a bottle of wine, god she really wanted some wine.

 

she usually doesn’t drink, usually it’s just her and jiwoo, and she feels weird having a glass of wine with her daughter next to her going about whatever new set of legos she saw.

 

what she doesn’t identify is the other item on seulgi’s hands, it seemed like a book, a thick one at that, why would she bring a book to dinner? she wonders.

 

the teacher looks a little shy as she explains, “well, i didn’t want to come empty handed, so i bought things for the both of you” she extends the bottle to sooyoung.

 

she has good taste in wine, she makes a mental note.

 

seulgi goes to jiwoo then, and gives her the book sooyoung was eyeing before, it’s a coloring book she sees, jiwoo almost blasting their eardrums off when she sees the inside.

 

a ring is heard from the kitchen, signaling that the pie is ready, she leaves seulgi and jiwoo alone, with jiwoo in the middle of  introducing all of her stuffed animals to her teacher.

 

dinner goes by smoothly, she learns that seulgi basically inhales her food, which makes her feel really flattered when the woman shyly asks her for another serving. it surprises her that she even has space for a slice of pie.

 

she is glad about it though, even if the noise the teacher let out when she first tasted it sent her mind in a spiral. 

 

jiwoo falls asleep on the couch after playing for the rest of the night, sooyoung would give it to her, her daughter knows how to keep the guests entertained.

 

“it’s getting kind of late,” she says, picking jiwoo up, “i should put her to bed”

 

seulgi quietly nods, before she disappears down the hallway and into the girl’s room.

 

when she comes back she catches seulgi mid-yawn, the woman slightly blushing when she notices it.

 

“you must be tired, too” sooyoung sits next to her on the couch, both facing each other and resting one arm on the back of the couch, on her other hand her halfway finished glass of wine.

 

seulgi shakes her head, “it’s okay, i’m pretty much used to over ene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter