The Approval

The Princess Diaries: Undercover Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kwangya Palace, South Korea, March 2014]

 

The night seemingly turned too quickly into day for the palace occupants and at around 6.30 am, the alarm inside the noirette captain’s room blared loudly. Captain Kim quickly shut it off and was about to begin her day when she realized that the crown princess do not have any important duties or schedules to do on that day, prompting her to return back to sleep as the royalty usually wakes up at 9 am on her off days. After catching on another couple hours of sleep, the captain’s alarm resounded again, to which she, then, immediately hop on the shower, put on her uniform, and checked herself on the mirror before making her way towards the crown princess’ chambers to begin her duties. Just as she had previously predicted in her mind, Crown Princess Yu was yet to be awaken, but with the combined efforts of the tall Lady-in-Waiting and herself, the zombie-alike crown princess finally rose back to life after a seemingly grueling and long 10 minutes of ceaseless attempts to wake said royalty up.

 

After being assured that the crown princess had fully come to her senses, she notified the royalty of the Queen’s commands from the previous night, saying, “Your Royal Highness, Her Majesty is expecting you in her office right now. Her Majesty also told me that the reason for why she is calling you this early is that she needs to notify you regarding her and the Queen Consort’s decision regarding your proposition.”

 

Throughout the way towards the Queen’s office, the monarchy’s first-born was internally conflicted as she was both excited and anxious to hear what her mother has to say regarding the matter. The crown princess knocked on the door of said room multiple times before being allowed to enter by her mother.

 

“Minjeong told me you want to see me, Mother?” the crown princess inquired as she was walking towards the leather sofa seat positioned directly across her mother’s seat.

 

“Ah yes, my dear,” the Queen began as she put down the book that she was reading right next to her and redirected her full attention towards her daughter before continuing, “Your Mama and I have thought long and hard to the proposition that you told us a few days ago. We are both truly sorry that we were seemingly really opposed to your idea that day because I suppose our motherly instincts overpowered our logical reasoning. However, we had a long talk regarding this matter and we decided that we are allowing you to continue your studies in the States under one condition.”

 

Crown Princess Yu hastily shot her mother an expression to continue, to which the Queen replied by saying with a soft smile, “You can only go if Minjeong is also going to accompany you.”

 

The Queen’s answer made the younger royalty's expression lit up with an insurmountable amount of happiness before the latter threw herself over to her mother’s side and hugged the latter tightly, causing the monarchy’s patriarch to be thrown backwards momentarily.

 

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much, Mother. Yes! I will be able to spend the most exciting years of my life with my best friend!” the crown princess responded in a rather loud but extremely elated tone, accompanied with a kiss on her mother’s cheeks after every time she finished saying ‘thank you’, causing the older royalty to merely chuckle after seeing her oldest daughter’s weird antiques.

 

After the initial adrenaline rush caused by the good news had slightly toned down, the situation went back to a rather serious atmosphere when the Queen inquired, “So, my dearest daughter, have you thought about which school you want to attend to?”

 

“Of course, Mother! I have done a thorough research about the different schools and programs that the top schools in the US have to offer and I have made the decision to enroll into Westlake High in San Francisco. That school is the best high school in the US and they are ranked number 1 in the country for their Sport, Art, and Science programs. Their average SAT scores of all of their students are also amongst the top 3 in the country for the past decade and many of their alumnae are attending or did attend ivy league and highly ranked universities all across the globe, in which some of them are even partially or fully funded through scholarships,” the crown princess explained in detail.

 

“That sounds like a very good option, Jimin-ah, and the fact that the school is located in San Francisco made my worries all the more at-eased. I totally support your choice to go to that school,” the Queen stated, causing the crown princess’ expression to be joyful for a split second before turning into a somber one, prompting the Queen to ask, “What is wrong, my dear?”

 

“You see, Mother, the application for freshman enrollment to that school closed a couple of weeks ago and there is no chance for me to apply there until next year. I do not want to wait for another year before enrolling to high school, Mother. What should I do now?” Crown Princess Yu voiced out her concern, to which the monarchy’s matriarch calmly responded, “There is no need for you to worry about this matter, my dear Jimin. Your Mama, Aunt Wan-ie, and I are going to talk to the school board and take care of this. Meanwhile, why don’t you just redirect your focus on the preparation for your depart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter