Convincing her

We, ourselves and us

" Lee Chaerin."

 

He felt a few memories flashback as that specific name kept repeating at the back of his head. "Is it any possible for someone else to take over my lead but to still keep hers?" He said, holding the last bit of hope.

 

"I am extremely sorry, sir. He said that he wants only you two or else-"

 

Jiyong cut off the man on the other line. "I understand. Thank you." He politely spoke and cut the call, frustrated.

 

He sighed and gingerly dialled a number that he had not called in a long time while gulping a glass of water. But before he could click the call button, there was a knock at the main door in a trice.

 

He opened the door to see his girlfriend, Dara pulling him into a tight hug. "Ouch, you are suffocating me" He laughed and shut the door.

 

Dara laughed along and asked him, "So have you gotten the call about...?" She hesitated, "The drama?"

 

"I did, but who cares? It is not like I am going to accept it anyway. You are my everything now." He kissed her forehead softly.

 

"Then, Chaerin?"

 

"Oh, come on, noona. Chaerin will not accept it."

 

"But I was excited for this." She pouted cutely.

 

"Seeing me with Chaerin or...?" A smirk climbed up his face.

 

"No. No way." Dara laughed gently and continued, "Imagine 2ne1 and Bigbang meeting again and all our fans being happy by this little action."

 

"Little? Seriously?"

 

"It is not little, but Oppa, you know!! And, it has been a long time since we all met.

 

"So you came all the way to convince me for that drama?" He sulked.

 

"Yes!" She beamed.

 

"Yah!" Jiyong jokingly yelled while Dara phoned a number.

 

"Who is it?" He asked curiously.

 

"Chaerin." She calmly responded. 

 

Before Jiyong could say anything, they heard a raspy voice from the other end. "Hello, unnie! What is up?"

 

"I want to discuss that k-drama request, Chaerin."

 

"Are you for real crazy lady?" She laughed, "You know I will never do it with Jiyong Oppa." She sternly stated without knowing Jiyong was hearing her words too. "Bye, I have some-"

 

"Chaerin, you are not going anywhere."

 

"Why?" Chaerin cried on the other end.

 

"Because you are doing it! I need you to do it!"

 

"Go wash your face, unnie."

 

"I am serious, Chaerin."

 

"With Jiyong Oppa? He is like my real brother. Ew, no way would I do it. It is disgusting."

 

"That is why you should play it. I trust you two together."

 

"But you are better at acting."

 

"But they want you, Chaerin."

 

"I don't care. Bye. I have a lot of work." Chaerin cut the call.

 

Dara sighed and looked at Jiyong. "Jiyong, please tell her."

 

"I can't." Jiyong turned away.

 

"It is one of my last wishes."

 

"You are not going to die tomorrow, grandma." He chuckled.

 

"I am serious. Why are you scared, Jiyong? Are you scared we would part away because of this drama?" She told tactically.

 

"No way."

 

"Then what is stopping you?"

 

He sighed, "Alright, what do you want me to do?"

 

"Go to Chaerins house and convince her."

 

"Fine, come along." He grabbed her arm.

 

She pushed it away. "I have to go do the recordings, Oppa. So-"

 

"Missing a day would not do anything." He frowned.

 

"Jiyong, get back to your senses. I can't leave it to come to Chaerins house," and added, "It is only Chaerin, Jiyong!"

 

'That is the ing problem', he cursed in his mind. "We will go when you are free." He sat down.

 

"Stop acting so stubborn! Tell me, what is wrong with going to her house?"

 

"I-" He tried to think of a reason.

 

"You have no reasons, so you are going." She screamed adorably and unlocked the door. "Bye!" She stuck her tongue out and left.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

'.' Jiyong cursed as he stepped out of his car. He was standing right in front of Chaerin's house.

 

'I should go.' He said himself. But, before he could get into his car, Chaerin was already out, and their eyes locked sharply. He gulped a lump of saliva and walked to her.

 

"Hey, we have not seen each other in a while." He laughed awkwardly.

 

"I told you, you don't have to be uncomfortable with me. Come in, Oppa." She smiled warmly.

 

He stepped in, and as usual, every bit of the house was clean. There weren't many changes in the hall, considering the last time Jiyong visited her. After he glimpsed at the interior, he sat down at his usual place.

 

"Please tell me it is not about that drama?" She rolled her eyes and took a seat opposite to his.

 

"I am sorry, Chaerin. But we all know Dara." He slammed his head and let a chuckle out.

 

"We do, but ere we talk about the drama, how are you and Dara unnie? All fine?" She crossed her legs.

 

"We are flawlessly fine; moreover, Dara noona is a great girlfriend. And, I heard you are working too much these days." He crossed his legs too.

 

"And you care?" She moved her eyes away from him.

 

"As a friend? Yes."

 

"I am fine." She replied, looking at the floor. "It is pretty crazy these days, you know." She chuckled dryly.

 

"I see. And about the drama?"

 

"Convince unnie I am not coming."

 

"Seriously, Chae?" Both of their eyes gaped as he used a nickname he had not used in a while. He cleared his throat before the awkwardness could suffocate them, "I mean-"

 

"I get it, Oppa." She tried to loosen the atmosphere. "But, I can't do this, and you know it."

 

"I know it. However, you know noona would not let us if-."

 

"I know, but" she took and a long gap and unexpectedly answered, "fine. Only for unnie."

 

"Are you sure?" He pretended not to be surprised.

 

"Yes, I am." She vaguely answered. "Now, if you don't mind, I have to lock the house. I would be leaving to my office."

 

"Sure, but let us make a call to the director first."

 

"So excited?" She tittered.

 

"Consider that for Dara." He remarked and dialled the director's number but paused to ask her, "and why are we doing this again?"

 

"For Dara." She replied while she locked the house. "If you are wondering it is for any other reason, I am sorry, it is a no." She warmed him.

 

"Never thought of something else, Chaerin. But, what did you think of?" He smirked.

 

"I know you better." She scoffed and added, "Now call the director instantly before I change my mind."

 

'She is still the same.' He smiled in his head and called the director. She watched him solemnly while he spoke with the filmmaker on the other line, and for a second, she got lost in his chocolate-brown orbs again until she regained her consciousness.

 

Right after he cut the call, she queried him, "When is the first shoot?

 

"For you?" Jiyong asked her back.

 

"Stop being so serious. I would come to see even if I am not there at the shot. And even if it is just you." Chaerin laughed.

 

"Don't worry, your photo comes though." He smirked as he made his way into his sophisticated Lamborgini, "At Gangnam-gu, ten in the morning."  

 

"Seems pretty interesting. See you there, Oppa!" She waved and left in her ink-black car.

 

Jiyong closed his car window and thought, 'what have I done?'