- Prologue -

The Strings Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

He's her most favorite person in the world. Even her own father couldn't beat him. 

It was their first year of college when she met him. People had been talking about this certain IT genius who was a billionaire in the making, with his constant success in buying and selling activities in the securities market. She never really met this boy in person. The engineering department and the law school were located quite far from each other in the university area, so it's almost impossible for her to see what kind of person the kids had been talking about.

But Seulgi had been pestering her to take 'How to Understand Life' for their elective subject. Something they decided to take out of curiosity, just because it sounded effortfully trifling. And there she found him sat at the corner of the lecture hall, the fourth row of the platform. For someone who's on his way to be rolling in money, she didn't expect to see this very down-to-earth boy in worn jeans and faded color sweater, a pair of old Converse on his feet, and round glasses adorned his lazy eyes. He reminded her a lot like the tiny Harry Potter coming out from his under-the-stairs cupboard. The only possession that screamed brand new was the latest edition of the Macbook Air that sat majestically in front of him, somehow making him look like he really lived up to his name. 

He had a quiet nature. The kids didn't really talk to him because of this. But actually, when you got to know him better, he's really a fun person to befriend with. She started hanging out with him since they were assigned to the same group for the final essay at the Understanding Life class, along with Seulgi too. The essay needed them to infer what kind of future work was supposed to have a 'sense of meaning' for them.

They shared quite a lot of things about their life and dreams. She discovered that Yixing was the only child in his family and that his parents didn't live in Seoul. To that, she filled him what kind of family she grew up with. And their friendship built much closer after the class, as they brought more people into their inner circle.

They would hang out on the weekend j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter