02.

Two Lonely Souls

author's note:

text that written in italic means it is in someone's thought or mind

text that written in italic and in different font means conversation in messaging app 

 

-------

 

. why i must accompany Capt's girlfriend. Ryujin's thought. 

Ryujin take her phone out from her pocket and start messaging someone. 

 

Ryujin:

Minjeong-ah, I'm sorry. I think i can't made it to our appointments.

Capt is telling me to accompany her girlfriend because she's currently drunk and flirting with other girls

...

Winter:

hahaha it's okay Ryujin-ah. You also can come after that. 

just take your time. 

...

Ryujin:

thanks minjeong-ah. 

.

.

.

Ryujin sigh. She really hate the idea that she can't come to winter's house this night. Several days ago, they already made a promise to have dinner together while watching some movies. Spending time with your crush will always sounds fun and not a thing that you would miss out. That's why Ryujin is really upset right now. Even though her feelings have been rejected by Winter and they decided to stay as close friends, she would never want to miss a chance to spend time with Winter. Moreover, she must accompany some pitiful girl that has no idea that her girlfriend is busy making out with some random girls out there. 

Come to think of it, she never seen the Capt's girlfriend. She only have heard her name. 

Something sounds like Choi Lia? 

.

Ryujin has arrived at the location that her capt told her. There she see a woman standing at the restaurant's side building, pulling out her cigarette from the mouth and letting out the smoke vanish into the thin air. 

a smoking woman? , Ryujin frowned. 

She is sure that her capt's girlfriend must be a good girl that never smoke. Yeah, Ryujin is quite close minded about a smoking woman. Every woman that smoke must be some naughty woman, Ryujin thought. She then enter the restaurant and looking around if there's a woman that sit alone. 

But there's none. 

Don't tell me it's the woman on the outside then? Ryujin then bowing to the waitress since the person she's looking for is not in there and went outside, approaching the smoking woman. 

"Emm, excuse me, by any chance are you Hwang Yeji's girlfriend?" 

The woman look at Ryujin with suspicious looks 

"yeah, do I know you?" the woman replied. 

"Well, um.. hi. I'm Ryujin, capt Yeji's subordinate. I'm sorry to tell you this, but capt is currently can't see you right now because she still have some business there" 

"So, umm, she told me to buy you dinner and accompany you to some shopping" Ryujin added. 

... silent ... 

but one thing for sure is, Ryujin feels that the woman feel somehow disappointed. Her facial expression is too obvious to not notice. 

"umm, so, let's go? what do you want to eat?" Ryujin asked carefully

"no, thank you. I don't want to eat dinner with stranger. Just go back to your capt and tell her you already buy me dinner" the woman then leaving Ryujin behind, walk to the nearby trash can, and throw her cigarette. 

Ryujin was dumbfounded. She never thought that her capt's girlfriend was this cold. 

Like, i'm not stranger. I'm your girlfriend's subordinate for god's sake!

Ryujin turned around and see her capt's girlfriend is entering some bar near the restaurant. 

She definitely going to drink. Should i check on her from afar?  

But who am i? she already told me to left, Ryujin argue to herself. 

But capt will kill me if I don't make sure her girlfriend arrived safely to her home. 

Gosh. 

Ryujin sigh and follow the woman to the bar she's just entered. Afterall, Ryujin is not the type of person that will leave some-kinda-heartbroken woman alone at this hour. In addition, the woman she talked about is entering some kind of bar and must be getting drunk later. Ryujin also want to make sure to keep her promise to her capt that she will take the capt's girlfriend home safely, or at least not wandering alone when she's drunk later. 

The crowd, loud music, and smell of the alcohol already makes Ryujin feel dizzy when she just entering the place. She never like this type of place anyway. Well, that's why she always get the "boring person" reputation among her friends. She easily spotted the woman she talked to earlier, all alone at the bar counter. Ryujin approach the bar counter and pull the chair beside her. 

"what are you doing?" the woman asked when she looks at Ryujin who's already sit beside her. 

"accompany you" 

"what for?" the woman rolled her eyes and take another sip of her soju. 

"you seem lonely" 

"excuse me??" the woman almost spit out her soju. She turns her head and looks at Ryujin in disbelief

But instead of getting angrier, her heart feels stopped when her eyes met the beautiful sight of Ryujin that stares at her with small smile on her lips. 

, why does her stare make my heart racing?

Realizing that her mind has gone mad by thingking that,  she quickly shakes her head 

"ahem.. so.. are you kinda pitying me right now because my girlfriend can't make up to her promise?"

"um, honestly, yeah. a bit. But the real reason is actually i just want to keep my promise that i made to my capt earlier to make sure you arrive home safely." 

"you are just like some obedient dog aren't you?"  the woman chuckles 

"well, that was a harsh choice of words, Ms." Ryujin said, feel a little offended. 

"alright. I'll let you stay" 

"I don't even need your approval actually" 

"gosh, you're so annyoing"

"what? I didn't think that i have done some things that could make you feel annoyed" 

"you know what, nevermind" the woman said, and take another shot of her soju. 

"you're gonna pass out if you drink that much" Ryujin said, a little bit concerned with the amount of soju that the woman has drinked. 

"who are you to care anyway" 

"well, let me remind you. I'm Ryujin, the person that your girlfriend entrusted to make sure you arrive home safely" 

The woman chuckles again at Ryujin's response. 

What a lame response, she thought. 

"so, what is your name?" Ryujin asked

"it's Choi Jisu, or Choi Lia, or yeah you can just call me Lia" 

"alright Ms. Lia, nice to meet you" 

 

--- 

author's note:

sorryyyy for the late update :(. I have to many works lately (thesis and internship). *sigh* 

Hope you enjoy the update! see you on the next chapter~