01.

Two Lonely Souls

author's note:

text that written in italic means it is in someone's thought or mind

text that written in italic and in different font means conversation in messaging app 

 

-------

 

Lia is sitting by the window, with her laptop in front of her that is full of words for her new book. She holds her cup of hot chocolate and sips it slowly while looking outside of the window. 

it's snowing

is it the first snow? 

She put back her hot choco on the table and quickly search for her phone in her bag. When she got it, she took a photo of the snow and open her messaging app. Her fingers are typing for "babe". 

(an: each line means different bubble chat sent)

Lia:

look! It's snowing already ~ can you see it at your base camp?

(attach the photo that she took earlier)

...

Yeji:

woah, that's pretty. 

nope. I'm still at the storage room. need to do some checking of our equipments. 
but I think I heard someone say that it's snowing already earlier

...

Lia

have u eaten yet?

...

Yeji

I will send you the snow pic later.

yeah. I'm full. u?

...

Lia

same. I'm at a cafe rn

need some new environment so that my brain can work better hahaha

so when r u coming to Seoul? 

...

Yeji

oh! good news~ the commander said we can get some break in the next 3 days

I miss u so much, let's meet at the usual place, shall we? 

...

Lia

yeayyyyy 

sure. I will wait for u there. 

...

Yeji

alright. maybe I can meet you at 8 pm after the break party with the seniors 

it's okay, right? 

...

Lia

totally fine. that would give me much time to dress up prettily for you~

...

Yeji

aww can't wait to see my baby then! 

 

Lia smiled widely upon reading her girlfriend replies. 

ah finally after the long wait , she thoughts. 

 

.

.

.

.

[3 Days Later]

The clock on Lia's phone is already showing 7:53 pm but there's still no sign of Hwang Yeji will come. She even didn't answer Lia's call and messages. Lia is a bit upset actually. This plan should be their first time meeting again after 6 months of long distance relationship. Honestly long distance relationship is not Lia's thing. In addition, Hwang Yeji is famous of her reputation for being a playgirl. But her heart is already fallen hard for Yeji on their first meeting. 
 

Lia still remember their first meeting clearly. It was on Lee Chaeryeong's Christmas party at her private villa. Chaeryeong is her college friend and Hwang Yeji is Chaeryeong's closest friend back in their hometown. At first they don't even aware of each other's presence. It was the game that Chaeryeong prepared that make them become a team.

After winning the game, they both have talks and Lia is surprised of how fun Yeji was as a person. She was charming, funny, and y. A ing literal perfection in Lia's mind. Thankfully Yeji is also feel attracted by Lia's beauty, so she make the first move by asking her number. Lia gave it with no doubt, and they start chatting after that party. Their chat was fun so they start to have a date. After several dates, Yeji ask Lia to be her girlfriend. And that's where their relationshop start. 
 

Back to the present, Lia start typing again on their chat.

Lia

u will come right?

---

[at some bar in Seoul]
 

Yeji was kinda drunk. Her alcohol tolerance is not that great, but she manage to realize that her girlfriend is looking for her. She want to get up and go to where Lia is, but some of her mind is telling that her senior won't let her leave. In addition, she actually feels nice with her current situation, surrounded by pretty and y girls from the bar. Who doesn't like it right? But she still have that conscience to not let her girlfriend wait for her. And she didn't want to just tell Lia to go home. 
 

maybe a dinner or some shopping will make her forgive me, Yeji thoughts. With that in mind, she start looking for her most trusted junior, Shin Ryujin.

 

"Ryujiin!" Yeji shout and waving her hands to call her junior closer. 

 

Hearing her name being called, Ryujin starts standing up and went to Yeji's seat.

 

"what is it capt?" Ryujin asked

"here, go to the Mother's Hotpot at XXXXX, my girlfriend is probably waiting for me there. You go there, buy her some food or accompany her for some shopping for a bit. Then take her home safely will you? Here, use my card" Yeji take out her credit card and give it to Ryujin. 
 

"aren't you should be the one who met her?" Ryujin asked again, actually unwilling to accompany some pitiful girl, that doesn't know her girlfriend is busy flirting with other girls. 
 

"I can't. Can't you look here?"

"Come on, she's pretty, just take this as a chance to have a walk with some pretty girls alright? Now go"

 

Ryujin sigh and put her capt's card on her wallet make it safe.
 

She's off to the Mother's Hotpot, where Lia is actually waiting for Hwang Yeji.