001

Sort It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I promise, it won’t happen again” Tzuyu said as she fiddled with her fingers.

“You said that last time, Chou!” Mr. Kang slammed his fist on the table before he sat down in his chair. “I already gave you a second chance”

“You don’t understand, Sir. I really need this job. I-”

“No. Now get out of here before I make you pay” He threatened. Tzuyu sighed and stood up. She handed over her vest and keys to Mr. Kang and left his office.

Working three jobs was not easy and although Tzuyu wanted to be relieved of having that extra stress off her shoulders, there was an even bigger stress because now she needed to find another job to fill in for the one she just lost. “” She mumbled as pulled her beanie off and ran her fingers through her hair. She was so tired that she accidentally forgot to lock up the store. She didn’t even like working there but she really needed the money.

She put her beanie back on her head and hopped on her bike. Looking at her watch, it was almost 8 am. She began pedaling towards her second job at the Soul Cup, a small coffee shop in town. She decided that she’d start looking for jobs on her break later.

 

It was almost 8pm when Sooyoung picked Sana up for their date. She’d been feeling a little nervous because she’s positive that tonight would be the night that Sooyoung was going to ask her to be her girlfriend. Sana wasn’t sure if she was ready to say yes. She did like the girl but were her feelings enough? Her company was nice but she couldn’t see much of a future with her. Regardless of her feelings, she agreed to go because Sooyoung insisted that tonight was important.

The drive towards the restaurant, Parkfull, was a bit longer than she had expected. The car ride was silent with only some soft jazz music playing throughout the stereo. Sana was looking out the window, staring at the red sky; it was going to rain.

The restaurant Sooyoung took wasn’t as fancy as the ones Sana was used to but it had a nice and lively feeling to it. Apparently, Parkfull was quite famous for its beef.

“See anything you like?” Sooyoung asked as she scanned the menu.

Sana nodded. “Hm.. yeah I’ll get this”. They both told the waiter their orders and in a few minutes she was back with the food. They made small talk while they ate, Sana could see why the little restaurant was pretty popular; the food was good.

“Do you want any dessert?” Sooyoung asked. But Sana simply shook her head. “I’m fine”

“Right well, before we leave. There’s something I want to talk about” Sooyoung said. Oh God here it comes.. Sana still hadn’t decided what she’d say. She was still conflicted with her feelings towards the girl. A part of her wanted to say no but another part of her wanted to say yes. Having Sooyoung around more often would cure her of the loneliness she had been feeling lately. It was a hard decision to make because she knew she wasn’t in love but she could grow to love her overtime. Right?

“Oh yeah?” I guess I’ll just go with my gut..

“Well, I don’t know how to say this” Sooyoung chuckled nervously.

“It’s okay. Take your time” Sana gave her a smile. Just say it

“Okay well.. I think we should break up”

“Yes! Wait- What?”

“Oh do you agree with us breaking up too?” Sooyoung smiled. “I guess I was nervous for nothing”

Sana furrowed her brows. “You want to break up? I didn't even know we were dating”

“Exactly. I think we should see other people too” Sooyoung said as she flagged down the waiter for the bill, while Sana was stumped in her seat. She didn’t expect this at all. How dare she..!

“But-”

“It’s not you Sana, it's me” She grabbed Sana’s hand and gave her a sympathetic look. “Well actually, you’re a bit too clingy for me”

“Oh I’m prissy? Please. You’re-”

Sooyoung’s phone started ringing, interrupting their conversation. “Hold that thought, I need to take this” She stood up and walked towards the bathroom, leaving Sana once again stumped.

A few minutes later she came back in a rush and grabbed her things after she had paid the bill. “Sorry Sana, I need to leave. Yeri called me and there’s an emergency” She said as she rushed towards the exit.

“Wait but what about me?” Sana followed her outside.

“I’ll text you”

“But you’re my ride!” Sana yelled as Sooyoung had already turned the engine and was beginning to back away.

“I’ll call you an Uber. I’m sorry!” Sooyoung yelled through the window as she then sped off, leaving Sana alone on the sidewalk. She huffed and stomped her way back to the restaurant, when suddenly she remembered that she had left her purse in Sooyoung’s car. She had no money or phone to get home. “Ugh” She groaned in frustration. She wanted to scream and also punch Sooyoung in the face for leaving her here. She hoped that the uber would be coming soon. Sooyoung wasn’t that heartless to leave her stranded right? Sana leaned against the wall and sighed.

“Tough day?” She opened her eyes to see a girl leaning against the wall a few feet away from her, she was smoking a cigarette.

“Huh? Ohh yeah. I guess so” Sana noticed that the girl was wearing a nametag but she could read what it said.

“I know what that's like. You okay?” The girl asked.

“Yeah, my not girlfriend just dumped me and kinda left me stranded here” Sana’s not sure why she just told a random stranger about it.

“Ouch” She took a puff and exhaled. “But you got a ride?”

“Yeah.. she called me an uber” Sana mumbled while the girl chuckled lightly. “How classy of her. The good ol’ dump and dip”

Sana giggled as she looked at the girl. She couldn't see her clearly, it was dark out and the only light that was out was from the restaurant’s sign. “C-Can I have some?” Sana asked.

The girl looked at her and then pointed at her cigarette, Sana nodded and the girl seemed to think about it for a few seconds before she shrugged and passed the cigarette to Sana. She tried to mimic the way the girl had done before. She took a small puff before she started coughing and quickly handed the cigarette back to the girl.

The girl stood there laughing. “First time?”

Sana nodded and continued coughing.

“Don’t worry. It’s not for everyone” She smiled as she took another puff.

“Do you-” Sana was cut off when the door opened.

“There you are Tzu! Table 4 and 5 needs you” The guy told the girl who simply nodded. She threw the cigarette on the floor and stepped on it. “Duty calls” She told Sana as she opened the door. “Oh and by the way, I would never leave a pretty woman like you stranded” She said with a smirk before she walked back inside. Sana smiled, but it faded as soon as she realized that she was left alone once again. It was starting to drizzle, and Sana walked back into the restaurant and sat on a table closest to the window so she could look out for her Uber. She closed her eyes for a second because she was getting a headache.

 

She felt someone shaking her arm, trying to wake her up.

“Ma’am, excuse me miss but you need to wake up”

When Sana opened her eyes she came face to face with a young boy. “What’s going on?” She asked groggily.

“Ma’am it’s closing time and you need to leave?”

“What?” Sana asked, feeling much more awake now. She looked around and saw that people were putting the chairs up on the table and turning the lights off. Oh my god “W-wait what time is it?”

“It’s 1 am” How the did I manage to sleep so long

“B-But what about Uber?” she asked him as she stood up. He shrugged and helped her walk towards the door. It was pouring outside.

“But it’s raining!”

“Ma’am please. We need to lock up” he said as he slightly pushed her outside and locked the door. He pulled out his umbrella when Sana grabbed him by the arm. “Wait! Can you take me home?”

He looked at her like she was crazy. He wanted nothing more than to just go home and sleep. “Where do you live?”

“Cheongdam?”

The boy widened his eyes and shook his head. “Sorry but you’re on your own” she forcefully removed her hand from his arm.

“Wait bu-“ he began to quickly walk away. What an . She was starting to get paranoid. She had no phone or money, she didn’t even know where she was. How was she supposed to get home now or find a place to stay in this rain? She felt like crying.

 

Tzuyu walked out of the restaurant with her bag and groaned when she saw how hard it was raining. Great. She grabbed her raincoat from her bag and put it on, she then went to get her bike. She walked out with their bike when she turned her head to see a woman just standing there, hugging herself. She squinted and realized that it was the woman from earlier. “Hey!” she called. She watched the woman turned towards her. “What are you still doing here? I thought you left hours ago in your Uber”

“I fell asleep and missed it” the woman shouted. It was hard to hear with the rain beating down so hard. “Can you give me a ride?”

“Sure, where to?”

“Cheongdam”

Tzuyu widened her eyes. “Are you crazy? What’s a girl from Cheongdam doing around here?”

Sana ignored her and asked, “Can I at least borrow your phone?”

“Yeah. But let’s go somewhere dry first. I don’t want my phone to get wet”

Sana nodded and ran closer to her.

“Here” Tzuyu gave Sana her bag to hold then she took off her raincoat and gave it to Sana. “Put my bag on and put the raincoat over it. It’ll keep you dry. Hurry”

Sana obliged and put them on. “But now you’re getting wet and it’s already cold out”

Tzuyu laughed and patted her chest. “It’s fine. I’ve got lungs of steel” It was mid October and Tzuyu was freezing but she didn’t want Sana to get wet and sick.

Sana nodded. “So where’s your car?”

“Car? You’re looking at it” Tzuyu tapped her bike and got on the seat. “Now hop on and hold onto me tightly. Okay?”

Sana stared at her. She’d never ridden a bike like this before.

“Come on, get on”

“I-I don't know how”

“You don’t know how to ride a bike?”

Sana shook her head.

“You sit down on this” Tzuyu patted the top tube frame of the bike, “you sit sideways. Come on get on and just hold on to me. It’ll be fine”

Sana hesitated a little, but she wasn’t in the mood to argue about their mode of transportation right now. She did as Tzuyu instructed and held on to the girl. Tzuyu began peddling down the street. It was a little hard to steer with Sana, blocking some of her view, not to mention she had been holding onto her so tightly. Tzuyu hated riding in the rain but she needed to get home. Minutes had passed before she finally saw the bus stop and stopped there. Sana gladly jumped off and ran under the shelter. “Oh god that was horrible”

“Yeah you were holding on to me for dear life” Tzuyu said as she wiped her wet face with her hand.

“I’m sorry” Sana said. She did feel bad about all of this but she was happy that the girl had helped her.

“What’s your name by the way?”

“Oh it’s Sana”

“Sana” Tzuyu smiled. “That’s pretty. I’m Tzuyu. Now let’s make that phone call”

She let Sana take off the coat and rummaged through her bag to find her phone and gave it to Sana. She looked at it in surprise because it was a small little flip phone. Sana wondered how Tzuyu could even use something like this, how did she browse the internet or take any photos with this thing? She couldn't even call an Uber with this either.

Tzuyu noticed Sana frowning at the phone and grabbed it from her hand. “Tell me the number and I’ll dial it in for you”

“Oh well it’s uhh-“ Sana realized that she didn’t have any number memorized. She didn’t know what her driver’s number was nor did she remember Momo's number either. “I-uhh”

Tzuyu sighed. “You don't know, do you?”

Sana sheepishly shook her head. Tzuyu looked at the time on her watch and it was almost 2 am, she really needed to get home but she couldn't leave Sana alone here stranded all night.

“What about the bus? Can I take that?” Sana asked.

“I don't think so. The buses stop running about forty minutes ago”

“What about a cab?”

Tzuyu looked at the short dress Sana was wearing and shook her head. “I don’t think that’s a good idea”

Sana sat on the bench and put her he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter