fin.

I Know
Please log in to read the full chapter

Linna was in the midst of eating when she felt arms encircling her shoulders from behind and a familiar voice whispering against her ear.

"I think it's about time to let others know about us for real now."

Before Linna could process the words, her attention went onto another schoolmate that appeared and spoke more towards the person than her.

"Is she your girlfriend, Sunghoon?"

Sunghoon. Linna slightly tilted her head back to gaze up at the male curiously.

"Yes, Wonyoung. Linna is my girlfriend and we're just about to have lunch together."

At that exact moment, Sunghoon glanced down at her with a sweet look while cupping both sides of her head as he leaned further down to kiss Linna. To Wonyoung it may have looked like an intimate moment that you would see in one of those drama series, but to the pair, it was a usual occurrence, especially when food was involved. Because Linna had bit into her ground meat cutlet with a small part of it inside while the larger part was still left out. So Sunghoon had basically eaten the rest of it after kissing Linna in the process. So to them, Sunghoon had just stolen Linna's food as well as a kiss along with it. For Wonyoung, she couldn't believe it.

"That can't be. Eunsoo told me that you weren't dating anyone."

Wonyoung gasped at the scene before her.

"Eunsoo told me that you broke up with her because you like me instead and wanted to go out."

LInna scowled more at having her food taken from her than the scene happening before her even though she should've been at least concerned about it. Then again, after that day of Sunghoon's confession and the couple making up, the pair's bond has been stronger and understanding since. Wonyoung continued rambling in disbelief.

"You're lying."

Sunghoon chewed the piece of food and casually glanced at Wonyoung before answering.

"I'm not lying and there was a misunderstanding on Eunsoo's part. Anyways, please stop as my girlfriend won't like that."

Sunghoon glanced down at a scowling Linna with an adoring smile.

"Right, darling?"

This brought Linna back to the current situation and straightened her head up right to stare at Wonyoung. Linna didn't miss a beat.

"That's right, my dear. Eunsoo had everything wrong since the beginning. Now, please leave my boyfriend alone. We're trying to eat."

Wonyoung, embarrassed, ran off. Sunghoon sighed in relief as he still had his arms around Linna.

"Thanks."

Sunghoon pecked Linna's cheek as she nonchalantly went back to eating her meal, but spoke in-between.

"You do know that we're in public, right?"

"Yes. I did mentioned that we should let others know about us."

"Oh, okay, but you owe me though."

Sunghoon cocked a brow, amused.

"And what would that be?"

"Dunno yet, but I'll let you know when I figure it out."

She smiled at him and then gave him the stink eye.

"I didn't appreciate you stealing my food."

Sunghoon laughed as he continued to embrace her in a loving manner.

"I'll treat you to dinner later tonight then and we can have all the proten we want."

"Not tonight."

"Why not?"

"Did you forget about the Moon Festival that starts tonight? Nu Tau Zeta is setting up a few booths across campus."

"Oh, really? I did. There wasn't anything mentioned at Beta Heta Mu about it.

She flashed him a cheeky smile.

"Now, could you remove your arms. I need to throw this away."

"Uh, yeah, sure. Sorry."

Linna pushed the chair back, stood, and took her trash-filled tray with her. Sunghoon waited for Linna to return.

"Anyways, weren't you supposed to be in class?"

"The teacher let us out early and I happened to run into Wonyoung somehow."

"Oh yeah? Then how did you know I was here?"

"Your location and she wouldn't stop asking me questions and following me around. So I came to you to settle the matter."

"Hopefully, it's settled. Anyways, gotta meet up with Kierra. Bye."

Linna grabbed her bag from the chair, swung it over her shoulder, cast Sunghoon with a small smile, and swirled around to leave the cafeteria. Sunghoon matched her pace and swung an arm around her shoulders in an affectionate manner.

"Hey, I thought you were the one that wanted us to go public, but now you're acting like we're not even together."

Linna chuckled as she instantly laced her fingers with his hand that was around her shoulder with hers while making their way out of the school's cafeteria with lighthearted steps.

"I know, but with you around it might draw the attention of the others and Kierra wanted to be as discreet as possible."

"Why?"

Linna shrugged nonchalantly.

"Not sure. She hasn't told me yet, but I think it has something to do with Jay though."

Sunghoon laughed upon hearing the answer.

"Is that a bad thing or a good thing?"

Linna laughed with a shrug.

"I guess I'll find out when she tells me."

The couple soon reached the school's gates and before Linna could even greet her sister, Kierra immediately ran towards her and hooked arms together in a hurried manner.

"C'mon, let's go! Bye, Sunghoon. Please keep him occupy for the time being. I really need some time away from him. Okay, thanks, bye!"

Kierra pulled her sister out of the school's gates with a mischievous laugh. Linna eyed her sister knowingly.

"We just ditched Jay didn't we?"

"Mmhmm."

Sure enough, Jay's voice could be heard calling out to Kierra.

"Kierra?!"

Kierra chuckled as she continued to run with her sister beside her with Jay still yelling after them.

"Sometimes, I don't know why I put up with you!"

"Love you!" Kierra called back while blowing him an air kiss to which calmed Jay down as he caught the air kiss with a giggy expression.

"What? I didn't know you liked doing that? That's hella cute." Linna teased.

"I know, but it's rare and usually reserved for Jay."

"Aww, that's super cute."

"Yeah, yeah, but I only use them for like moments like this because I don't want him to know where we're going or what we're doing."

"Where are we going and what are we doing?"

"Shopping."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I know, but you'll know what I mean when we get there."

"So, is it a good thing?"

"Yeah."

Kierra eyed Linna, confused.

"Did you think it was a bad thing?"

"I mean with you it could go either way."

Kierra quickly agreed with a knowing nod.

"True, true, but no. I really wanted to do something for him and I can't have him find out just yet."

"That's cute."

"Yeah, whatever. Now, c'mon."

"Couple items? What? That's cute, Kierra."

The sisters ended up at the mall as Kierra wanted to purchase a few couple-like items for her and Jay. Now that Linna was with her, Kierra suggested for her sister to do the same thing with Sunghoon now that the two were sure about their feelings for one another.

"I know, but because I've never done it or even thought about it before, I'm not sure if he'll go for it."

"Jay will totally be down for something like this, especially if it's something couple related and coming from you."

Linna eyed her sister with a knowing look.

"Besides, with it coming from you, I'm sure Jay will understand how serious you are about the relationship between the two of you."

"That's true, but I don't know what item to get though."

The pair browsed one of the stores of their many products.

"I mean, you can always start out small." Linna suggested while pointing at some items.

"Like with these types of accessories. Either jewelry, keychains, or maybe even phone charms."

"Oh, true. This whole time I was thinking of getting shirts or something."

"Ooh cute. Maybe y'all can wear ugly Christmas sweaters for Christmas."

Kierra made a face.

"I don't wanna do that, but that seems like a good idea though to get matching sweaters."

"It is a good idea. It doesn't even have to be sweaters. Shirts are cute, too. Tanks. Also it doesn't even have to be holiday related either."

"True. Maybe you and Sunghoon can wear something red."

Linna made a face.

"I hate red, but I do look good in that color for some reason."

Kierra just laughed as the two continued to browse around the store.

"By the way, did you figure out if Jay claimed the bonus or not?" Linna inquired a moment later.

"He gave it to Beomgyu instead." Kierra replied as Linna's brows furrowed.

"Beomgyu? Why?"

"Not sure, but I think Jay said that Beomgyu wanted an electric guitar or something."

"Oh, right. We did have an electric guitar as one of the prizes.

"Wow, nice."

"Mmhmm. There were a lot of great prizes."

"I bet."

The sisters continued to window shop, but couldn't decide on what to purchase and so just figured they'll come shop again when they had more time. For now, they had to return to school to set up for the Moon Festival.

"I really wanna snack on these rice balls and moffles." Kierra muttered to herself, but the others heard her.

"I know right." Serin agreed.

"I mean, we've been serving up to the other customers throughout campus and I haven't had a chance to check out the other booths, too."

"We have been here for a few hours already." Yonghwon remarked.

"We still have like two hours left before the Moon Festival ends."

"I just realized that I've only eaten once today." Linna mentioned with a laugh.

"I was so caught up with setting up the other Nu Tau Zeta booths for today and dealing with some things with Kierra this afternoon, too."

"Oh, right. That's true."

Kierra recalled the outing earlier that day.

"Go ahead and eat a rice ball and moffle." Jinah said as she smiled at the quartet.

"Don't want the others to think I don't take care of my members."

"Thank you!" The quartet thanked her as they each made their own rice ball and mochi waffle.

"Welcome. I'm gonna check on the others and see how they're doing."

"Okay!"

Jinna chuckled as she left their booth. Just as each of them had finished making their rice balls and taken a bite, they heard a customer coming up to their booth. Kierra didn't care as she focused on her snack while the other three's attention glanced over at the familiar one customer.

"Um, Kierra, you're in charge of the register now." Yonghwon told her with a smile as Kierra frowned.

"Why?"

"I just wanna make the rice ball."

"Bu-"

"I'm gonna make more batter."

Serin scurried away to the further end of the booth, but not before shooting Kierra a cheeky look. Linna chuckled, knowing why the two gave excuses as Kierra eyed her sister, but Linna shrugged nonchalantly while throwing a thumb behind her for Kierra to take care of the customer.

"Take their order."

"Fine."

Kierra finished the rest of her rice ball, quickly wiped her lips with a napkin, and then turned around to face a grinning Jay. She quirk a brow, figuring her friends wanted her to purposely tender to Jay. She cast Jay with a friendly smile as she treated him more like a customer than someone she's been seeing for over a year now.

"Hi. What can we make fresh for you?"

Instead of answering her question, Jay responded with another question.

"When are you free?"

"In four hours."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

"But the event ends in like two hours."

"It's because of the clean-up. Now, what can we get started for ya?"

"Is there any way you can take a break for a bit to hang out with me right now?"

"No." Kierra deadpanned as Linna pulled her sister away from the till.

"By 'no' she really meant 'yes', Jay." Linna corrected her sister with a playful smile.

"She'll love to hang out with you for the remainder of the night."

Yonghwon and Serin ended up pushing Kierra from out of their booth and towards Jay before returning to their spots.

"Please take care of her and have her back when it's closing time." Yonghwon informed him as Serin patted Kierra's back.

"Behave and have fun with your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend." Kierra reminded the pair.

"Yet." Jay interjected with a smile.

"I'm not your boyfr

Please log in to read the full chapter