๐™ด๐š—๐š๐š›๐šข ๐Ÿบ: ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’“๐’” ๐’Š๐’ ๐’‚ ๐‘ซ๐’†๐’„๐’Œ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’“๐’…๐’”

๐•๐•€๐•„๐•€โ„•๐•๐”ผ๐•†โ„•๐”พ โœ˜โ„‚โ„๐•†๐•Š๐•Šโœ˜ (แด€ แด„แดสŸสŸแด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด แด๊œฐ ๊œฑแด›แดส€ษชแด‡๊œฑ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

ย 

ย 

SUMMARY

Romance-drama AU. Winter ponders on what's the meaning of love.

ย 

AUTHOR

I couldn't help myself. I need to write this down because this is just so beautifullyโ€”heartbreaking.ย 

A lot of people have told me to make a sequel forย A Night in the Galaxy Express Railway. Unfortunately, there won't be any sequel because I love that story in a way that it's heartbreakingly beautiful. So let's imagine that this was the sequel that we were waiting for.

ย 

ย 

ย 

"I want to die without being in pain," She uttered, staring blankly at the sky, "That's right, there's nothing more to hope for this life. It's so frustrating to die when you haven't lived for long, but I hate being in pain..." She held out her hand, weakly, slowly, suddenly seeking for something. Soft and warm hands grabbed hers while caressing it fondly.

ย 

"My parents and other people tell me not to say it. They said it's just a little pain. They said I'm too selfish because I can't endure it much," She mutters distastefully. The serene and beautiful face she has was suddenly covered with disdain, "You won't say things like that to me, right?" She shifts her attention to the girl next to her, the one who was giving her hand warmth. The girl nods in understanding, a bittersweet smile plastered on her face.

ย 

"Winter won't be angry because of those stupid things I said, right?" In an instance, sadness was evident in her tone, trying not to sound vulnerable. Winter nods again, subtly, staring tenderly, "If I tell you to kill me, what would you do?" Came her sudden suggestion. A voice so faint, seemingly, fragile to hear.

ย 

"I would wait until I find a way to do it with minimal pain," Winter answered back with no hesitation, just full of love and understanding to the girl next to her while she lies on her shoulder. Both of them were looking at the magnificent view of the sunset while cherishing the moment.

ย 

"Really?" Happiness was evident on her face after she heard Winter's response, "Then you'll go to jail because of me. Other people will also hate you."

ย 

"Compared to those people, you're much important." The black-haired girl was silent for a while, only her faint breathing can be heard in between.

ย 

"When everybody forgets about me, you must remember me. And don't forget to put a bouquet on my tomb every spring." She softly murmurs, burying her face on the crook of Winter's neck, "And don't get close to anyone but me..." Winter hums in agreement while caressing the back of her head.

ย 

Karina Yu was the only daughter of a prestigious family. A young lady groomedโ€”to supposedly rule a business empire. She was typically a princess, residing in a grand mansion, pampered by her well-off parents, as it always should be.

ย 

ย  ย She was blessed with so many things in life, but, unfortunatelyโ€”lacked something that money couldn't even buy. That isโ€”to extend her life.

ย 

ย  ย ย Karina was born with a weak body, cursed with an incurable condition that was slowly eating her life. Her family had done all the things andย help that they couldย get, but there's no cure for her growing illness.

ย 

ย  ย  At first, Karina was utterly in denial. She couldn't take and handle the fact that her life has a time limit. She was so destructive in the past years. Seemingly, not wanting, anyone to get near her. But not Winter. Only Winter can calm her down.

ย 

ย  ย Karina is a temperamental kind of person. It got worsened because of the sudden changes in her body. Resenting the world, everyone around, evenย God.ย That was the only coping mechanism she had to let out her misery.

ย 

ย  ย  Karina bullied Winter for being healthy when they were still young. It was very irrational in so many ways, but Winter never truly resent her because she was just a victim of a tragic fate. Her sympathy for the girl grew more after that.ย 

ย 

ย  ย  Winter doesn't have any place to go. Even if she doesn't like the way Karina treats her, she has to put up with all of it to survive. Also, Karina had apologized already for all of her wrongdoings, and she was more than pleased by it.

ย 

ย  ย  The first time she met Karina was in a charity event in the orphanage where she was residing. The Yu's were the ones sponsoring the event. She recalled the moment the way Karina set her eyes on her like she was some kind ofย item.

ย 

"I want her."ย She heard her say to her dad, pointing at Winter like she was some kind of toy displayed in a store.

ย 

ย  ย  Winter had been living inside the shadow of Karina since she was young. She knows where she stands. She couldn't replace Karina even if she begs for it.ย 

ย 

ย  ย  Though they adopted her, she didn't receive the family name. One thing is clear to Winter on that matter, that without Karina, she doesn't have a place in the Yu's household.

ย 

ย  ย  She knew why she was adopted. And that is to become Karina's plaything. Karina adores her so much. That's why Winter doesn't care about other people's opinions. As long as she can please Karina, she can get out of her miserable and lonely life.

ย 

ย  ย  She is lying if she says she's not jealous of her. Beauty, wealth, she was loved by many people, has loving parents, yet none of them matters if her time was already determined, as what she always deemed.

ย 

ย  ย  Despite her flaws and jealousy towards her, Winter loves Karina. It's not hard to fall to someone as gentle and loving as her. It was the kind of love that solemnly focused on friendship and admiration. The kind of love that she would treasure until the day she dies. She doesn't want to sound overdramatic, but that's the least she could do.

ย 

"I don't want to die... I'm so afraid..."

ย 

"If you're afraid, how about we die together?"

ย 

"I don't want that."

ย 

"Why?"

ย 

"It's because it's such a pity. You have to live for me," Karina intertwined their hands, adoring the feeling, astounded by the view of the city lights, "Wear lots of pretty clothes, travel a lot, and eat plenty of delicious food... andย love." She slowly flutters her eyes, suddenly smiling at the thought of it.

ย 

"If you'll date some stupid jerk, I'll jump up from my tomb and hunt you down."

ย 

"Love is complicated to understand... I don't think I can love. It's scary."

ย 

"When you realize there is something you don't understand, then you're generally on the right path to understanding all kinds of things."

ย 

"And love is not one of those things."ย Winter bitterly chuckles.

ย 

"Winter, there are five billion people living on this planet. But you fall in love with one particular person, and you won't swap that person for any other."

ย 

ย  ย  Winter ponders on the thoughts of soulmates. Two individuals destined to meet and love one another. She contemplates further. If there's such thing as soulmates, she wants to exclude herself from it. Simply, becauseโ€”Karina doesn't have one.

ย 

"You have to wear a wedding dress. I like the ones that have little spring flowers sewn on the hem, it looks pretty on you," Karina chuckles at the thought, eyes closed while Winter was just staring at her with a bittersweet feeling creeping on her whole being, "I want you to live a happy life my dearest Winter."

ย 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter