Memory 1

Lost Memories

 

I'm in class, not even bothering to hear the teacher. All I care about is "him". The only person I have ever cared for, Aoi. He is tall, his hair darker then night sky, and his eyes like the deep blue ocean. We have known eachother since we were born, our familys are very close. I realized just last year that I liked him more then a friend. When I tell my friend, Jun, she calls me crazy. It's because he's so cold at school. He has almost no friends. Everyone, except me of course, is afraid to go anywhere near him.

 

I'm still lost in my thoughts about him when the bell rings, I don't even hear it. "Hey! Miyuki!" Aoi is in front of me, waving his hand in front of my face.

 

I shake my head, trying to get the cobwebs to go away, "H-huh? Oh Aoi! Hi! Umm... What's up? Where did everyone go?" 

 

He shakes his head, "Class just ended. Didn't you hear the bell? Time to go home! Let's go!" He grabs my arm and my heart starts racing. I somehow manage to keep my face it's normal color, and act like I always have. He might have noticed my heart beat though. He let go when we got to the classroom door.

 

As we walk, we talk like normal. The others in class would never guess what Aoi is really like. They see him as cold, mean, and unapproachable. I suddenly remember something, "Aoi! We should go take some pictures! We haven't done that in so long! Please!"

 

"Pictures?? Sounds like fun! Let's go!" His smile appears. Never seen at school. He only shows me this side of him, he put on his cold mask soon after his first girlfriend destroyed his heart. It was a bad break up, and he loved her more then anything. 

 

I pull his arm as soon as I see the photobooth, "Aoi! Aoi! Over there! Lets use that one!"

 

A lady walks up to us right before we walk into the photobooth, "Aw! Are you guys a couple? You're so cute together!"

 

Aoi blushes, "I-it's not like that... we're just friends..." The way he said it, it sounds like he wanted to add something like 'for now' at the end of that. The lady walks away with a disapointed look.

 

-A few weeks later-

 

We are in biology. I get to sit next to Aoi in this class, but the teacher is really strict so we don't get to talk at all. Aoi passes a note to me, no one notices. It says, ' Miyuki, I have something to tell you...... Shall we ditch last hour to hang out? I'll tell you then! *^^* ' I write back, 'Sure! What are we going to do?' He writes one last thing, 'The park is a good place. ^^ '

 

-At the park- 

 

Me and Aoi are walking side by side, not saying a word. Finally I break the silence and ask , "So, Aoi! What did you want to tell me?" 

 

He looks down, he looks like he's blushing, "Well... I..... uh..... I......"

 

"You...?"

 

"I like you!" He says it so fast, it took me a minute to comprehend what he just said. I am so speakcless, words won't come to me. My heart is racing like crazy, my face buring red. I want to say ' I like you too!' but the words won't leave my lips.