fin.

Tattoo
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kierra stirred awake, having to use the restroom. She saw her phone light up when she returned and checked the caller ID before answering.

"Hey, loser, what's up?"

She rubbed her face as she greeted her sister, Linna, before sighing upon hearing the words Linna had just told her.

"Seriously, Linna? You're so crazy. Actually, all of y'all are. Like, why?"

She ran a hand through her hair.

"Couldn't y'all have decided on a different person or persons who actually likes participating in our sorority's activities and has even cooler tattoos than me, too?"

She rubbed her face again despite the tiredness remaining.

"Yeah, I know that I'm the only one with this tattoo within the sorority and of it's placement, but that doesn't mean I want random people coming up to me to take a picture proof. That's such an invasion of privacy. Besides, Yonghwon has some pretty dope tats though. Why isn't she being included, hmm? She would be more fitting than me."

Kierra scoffed.

"No one has seen the watercolor one she got on her backside or the live action of the cheshire cat one on her upper side of her body. Those are seriously breathtaking. Makes me want to get a similar style done one of these days."

Kierra huffed, slightly annoyed.

"Whatever, you're crazy for putting me into this mix though."

Kierra's face scrunched up a second later.

"Why do you always gotta bring up Jay like that? It's not like I brought up Sunghoon for you like you do to me all the time."

Kierra clicked her tongue, annoyed once more.

"No, he has not seen it and no, we've never been that physical with each other. Besides, our relationship isn't like that. Yet, I guess."

Kierra huffed slightly angrily.

"Y'know what? I'm just gonna skip class and not go out today at all then."

Kierra groaned as she ran a hand through her hair again.

"Tch. Y'all are annoying, but fine since it's a team thing and Jinah won't bug me about sorority activities. I really don't want her blowing up my phone with reminders. Anyways, you owe me a month's worth of bubble tea though. Yeah, yeah, welcome. Bye."

Kierra hung up first before tossing her phone onto her bed and looked about her room with a deep sigh.

"Hopefully no one figures out I have the black heart and yellow rose tattoo of Nu Tau Zeta. I don't want none of them random people to have a picture of it or even coming up to me to take one."

A slow smile crept onto her face upon realizing that something was gonna happen today in her morning class.

"Oh, right. Chaeyeon's transferring in. I completely forgot about that. Definitely need to buy an extra drink today for her."

"You're very giddy today." 

One of her friends and classmates, Heeseung, commented when Kierra arrived to class in a cherry mood and headed for the group of six males consisting of Heeseung, Taehyun, Jay, Jake, Kai, and Sunghoon. This was the class that Chaeyeon would be transferring into and it made Kierra unusually excited to know she had a fellow Nu Tau Zeta among the group despite being good friends with the members of Beta Heta Mu. Kierra handed Heeseung his drink while letting out a distracted hum.

"Hmm?"

"I said you're pretty giddy this morning." Heeseung repeated with a laugh while taking his drink.

"Thanks."

"Welcome and do I seem happier than normal?"

"Yes." The young men chorused with a chuckle as Kierra rolled her eyes.

Jay cast her with a knowing look.

"Pretty happier than I'm used to."

Kierra set his drink in front of him with a teasing expression, but didn't comment.

"Anyways, did you actually sleep well today that you got enough sleep more than usual to be like this?" Taehyun asked with a chuckle as he avoided Kierra's playful smack.

"I always sleep well, Taehyun, thank you very much."

"Who's the other drink for?" Jake inquired as he took a sip of his own bubble tea while Kai poked the said drink, taking a sip of his own boba.

"Is it for you so that you can stay up in class this time?"

"It's mine." Chaeyeon answered as she appeared beside Kierra and the two hugged which caused the other six to stare at them in shock.

"What are you doing here?" Sunghoon questioned, puzzled just like the others.

"I'm a part of this class starting today."

She glanced at them, confused.

"Didn't Kierra tell you about it?"

"Kierra doesn't tell anyone anything." Jay deadpanned as Jake agreed with a goofy smile.

"Yeah, that's true. She just leaves notes or simple texts regarding things related to the class, but never about anything outside of that."

Kierra grinned at them as she and Chaeyeon took their seats.

"That's right. Y'all don't need to know about what goes on with my life, anyways."

Before the others could counter, the now group of eight quieted themselves as their professor entered the room to start their lesson. While he talked and recapped from last week's lesson, the two women were whispering to themselves about other things not related to class.

"So I heard that you're part of a scavenger hunt for Team Unicorn." Chaeyeon whispered as Kierra scoffed.

"Linna really knows how to get me involved without doing too much."

Chaeyeon giggled quietly.

"She does. I thought I was bad, but you're pretty low-key for a Nu Tau Zeta member, too."

"I know, but there's a few of us that are like that though." Kierra agreed with a laugh.

"Anyways, since it's a team thing and I get participation points so I'm good for the rest of the school term."

"Must be nice."

"Obviously, unlike you."

"Touche, but I think Serena's pretty bad, too."

"We're all bad."

"Anyways, everyone's buzzing around on campus of who the girl with the tattoo is of our sorority could be."

"Seriously? How did it get out that fast? Linna just told me that they barely decided to include me like two hours ago."

"Dunno. It wasn't us, but Megan saw a few online posts, repeatedly asking which Nu Tau Zeta member had a black heart and yellow rose tattoo and if it was really true or not."

Chaeyeon shot her friend with a knowing look.

"And it just so happens that I only know one person in Nu Tau Zeta that has such a lovely tattoo proving it's true and real, especially around the lower stomach and side area which shows in the online pictures that are circulating around campus."

"Seriously, that's crazy. How did those pictures get released?"

"Dunno, but there's no one else that may have a picture of your tattoo or something?"

"Nope, but I regret that late night swim with our sorors we all did last semester which revealed it. So maybe one of them took a few."

Chaeyeon nudged her playfully.

"It's not a bad thing. We admire it and one of the beautiful secrets of yours. I wouldn't doubt if Jinhee or Miso uploaded a vague image of it."

Kierra scoffed with a ghost of a smile on her lips.

"I wouldn't doubt it since they're the ones that likes teasing me the most about it."

"Very true."

"Hey," Taehyun interrupted the two's conversation, "What are you two talking about over there ever so quietly?"

"Your face." The two answered in a nonchalant manner causing the others to laugh as Taehyun rolled his eyes.

"I know I'm handsome, but you guys don't have to admire it in whispers. I'm all ears for these compliments."

"Oh, by the way," Jay interjected, "I heard Team Unicorn of Nu Tau Zeta is doing a scavenger hunt like what Beta Heta Mu did a month ago, but other fraternities, sororities, and those not part of one could participate in it, too. I heard that the ultimate bonus point can be claimed by finding the Nu Tau Zeta member with the black heart and yellow rose tattoo."

He looked at the two females with an eager smile.

"Who is it? I wanna know."

"Yeah, who is it?" Jake joined in, just as eager.

"I want to claim the gigantic rainbow alpaca plush prize."

"Oh, me, too." Sunghoon added with a smile.

"But I want the black and green sparkling dragon plushie."

"Don't they have other prizes besides the stuffed toys?" Kai asked a second later.

"They do." Heeseung responded with a laugh while pointing at Jake and Sunghoon.

"But these two want the toy either for themselves or their dogs."

"I mean, a comfortable plush doll makes a great pillow."

"Agree."

Kierra jus

Please log in to read the full chapter