fin.

Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Linna casually walked out of her sorority house and was met by Sunghoon, waiting for her. Although it's been about a week or so since she had ignored him yet still kept some distance afterwards, the two still continued their little routine of him accompanying her to her classes.

"Morning." Sunghoon greeted Linna first with a dimple smile.

Linna couldn't resist that darn dimple smile of his. She flashed him a small smile out of reflex.

"Morning."

And out of reflex, Sunghoon would slightly raised his hand to offer it, but it quickly fell by his side like previous times. Usually the pair would walk hand-in-hand, but Linna wouldn't accept the offered a week prior and even to this day. Still, Linna quietly appreciated the offer and this time around she slowly held out her hand for him. A small smile graced Sunghoon's features as he took her hand in his. The two walked in the direction of Linna's class in comfortable silence with some space between them yet their hands were still entwined. No matter how much she had ignored him earlier, Sunghoon was still sweet to her. A ghost of a smile graced her lips as the pair barely took a few steps when another female voice called out to them. Well, more towards Sunghoon than Linna. Linna's smile disappeared immediately and so did the handholding.

"Hey, Sunghoon."

The couple turned around to see Sunghoon's childhood friend, Eunsoo, coming up to them.

"I need to borrow Sunghoon. I'm sure you dont mind, Linna."

Eunsoo latched both hands onto Sunghoon's left arm to drag him off somewhere.

"I'll see you after your class and we'll walk together to our shared one." Sunghoon informed Linna as he allowed Eunsoo to drag him off in the opposite direction.

Eunsoo shot her a smirk as Linna sighed with a roll of her eyes and a shake of her head.

"I don't know how I feel about this."

She couldn't comprehend why Eunsoo always needed to borrow Sunghoon as it was always about a miniscule matter that she could've taken care of herself or other people she knew. Linna knew that Eunsoo was close with Sunghoon and that both of them grew up together, but Linna wondered if Eunsoo had actual feelings for him, too. Still, not bothering to watch their disappearing figures, Linna continued on her way unaware that Sunghoon had glanced back to check in on her with a concerned expression.

"Hi, Linna."

Heeseung greeted with a friendly expression when she exited her class while glancing around for Sunghoon a second later. He wasn't in sight and Heeseung noticed it.

"He got caught up with something and asked me to walk you to class instead since it's right by my class."

"Oh, I see."

"Anyways, he asked me to give you this."

Heeseung offered her a red guava milk tea that she hadn't noticed earlier. A subtle smile graced her lips as she took her favorite drink.

"Thanks, Heeseung."

"You're welcome. Sorry that he's not the one to actually give it to you, Linna."

"Oh, no. It's okay, Heeseung. It's just that I don't know how I should feel about this in the first place."

"Hmm?"

"Never mind. Let's go before we're both late."

Linna shot her friend a half-smile as the pair walked to their next class that was about a three minute walk away.

"Have a good day in class, Linna. See you later this evening with Sunghoon and the others. Okay?"

Heeseung cast her with a cheerful expression as Linna returned the same look.

"Okay and the same to you, too. Thanks for accompanying me and the drink."

"Welcome. Later."

"See you later."

Linna waved him off before entering the classroom, feeling better. Unfortunately, her slightly cheery mood dimmed when she saw that Sunghoon had already arrived and was already surrounded by Eunsoo and her gaggle of friends. Linna had totally forgot that Eunsoo had the same class as them, too. Linna wondered if the thing that he got caught up with had anything to do with his childhood friend. At that moment, Sunghoon caught Linna's eyes and cast what appeared to be an apologetic smile towards her. He, too, held up his own drink from the same place with a smile. She scoffed, faced away from him, and made her way to the opposite side of the classroom.

"Oh, Linna, hi. Sit here. Please."

She heard a male voice calling out to her. It was Soobin. She also forgot that she had this class with him, too. He usually sat at the back and away from everyone else to focus better. Linna cast him with a friendly smile while taking the seat next to him.

"Hi, Soobin."

"Hi, but thank you."

"For what?"

"I need your help in choosing what flavors of the month to get for Nayoung at Crown. She won't tell me which one she wants."

Soobin seemed stressed while glancing at his mobile device as Linna chuckled.

"Soobin, just get them all or whatever flavor you wanna try. You'll be fine. Nayoung will like them all no matter what."

The male rolled his eyes.

"You Nu Tau Zeta girls are so alike with your easy-going attitude."

Linna nodded with a laugh.

"That's true, but really, Nayoung won't mind what you get her. She likes you and trusts you."

When those words left did Linna's attention focus towards the person and wondered if Sunghoon felt the same or even knew. Yet the way Sunghoon smiled, laughed, and talked with Eunsoo right now seemed way different than when he smiled, laughed, and talked with her for the past year. Linna shook the thoughts away and faced Soobin with an apologetic look.

"Hey, I'm suddenly not feeling well, but could you message me later about today's lesson?"

Soobin nodded, puzzled.

"Yeah, but couldn't Sunghoon do that for you, too?"

"Um, he's been busy lately and I don't want to disturb him."

She cast him with a soft smile.

"Or you could let Nayoung know and she'll let me know so that you have another reason to talk to her, too."

A cute smile appeared on Soobin's face at the mention of Nayoung. Linna found it cute for him yet bittersweet on her end.

"Anyways, Soobin, you can have this. I haven't taken a sip yet, but it's red guava milk tea."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I just don't feel like drinking it so drink it for me instead. Anyways, see you later."

"Do you want me to take you to the infirmary though?"

"No, I'm fine. I think I just need to eat something. Later."

"Okay and feel better, Linna."

"Thanks, Soobin."

Linna placed the drink closer to Soobin as she got up from her seat and hurriedly made her way out of the classroom not sparing a glance at Sunghoon or the professor and others in the classroom. Once more, Linna was unaware that Sunghoon had at the last second turned to check in on her and followed her movements with a worried expression. He noticed that she didn't have the drink with her either. Before Sunghoon could contemplate on whether to go after Linna or not, Eunsoo and her friends called for his attention. He smiled at them in a friendly matter and joined in on their conversation, but he cast one more worried look at the now shutting classroom door.

"Hey, you good?"

Linna glanced up from her meal to stare at her sister with furrowed eyebrows.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"True."

A subtle smile graced Linna's face, but Kierra knew her sister and shot her a half-smile with a tilt of her head.

"So, you okay?"

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."

"I just don't know how I should feel about all of this."

Linna shrugged as Kierra took the seat across from her in the campus' cafeteria.

"Personally, I can't say for you, Linna, but if it was me, then maybe a void of sorts."

"I guess that's what it feels like. Anyways, how did you know I was here?"

"Nayoung messaged me a while ago after Soobin informed her of your status when you left your class right away and I figured that you would be here instead of returning back to the house."

"I see."

Silence fell between them as Linna picked at her meal while Kierra tried a few bites before changing topics.

"Anyways, did Jay claim that ultimate bonus point yet?"

"Nope."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Linna eyed her sister mischievously despite the situation she was currently in.

"So, did anything happen after taking all of those cute couple pictures?"

Kierra rolled her eyes.

"Nothing like that if that's what you're thinking about, Linna. I honestly didn't think he was into that stuff. It's kinda cute."

Linna just chuckled as Kierra continued speaking.

"Anyways, we just went on a bubble tea date and shared another kiss or two."

"Ooh la la. How cute."

Linna sister some more before silence fell between them again as they continued to share Linna's meal. Kierra's gaze focused on her sister a moment later.

"So, are you still mad at Sunghoon or something?"

"No, not really. I mean, I'm kinda upset still or whatever, but we still somewhat talk to each other in a civil manner. Although we've been distant for the past week or so. I mean, I've been the one that's distance although Sunghoon's been waiting for me and walking me to my classes still. Well, except for today. He couldn't walk me to either of them because of Eunsoo."

"Her again? Really?"

"Mmhmm. I know."

"Anyways, with how you and Sunghoon are, do you think that's working out though?"

"Not sure, but I don't like how our relationship status is right now and it's bothering me. Like I really don't know how I should feel about this."

"Y'all need to set this whole thing straight. Like the both of you need to sit down and talk face to face about your current status."

Linna sighed deeply, eyes focused on her food.

"Honestly, Kierra, I can say what I wanna say to him, but I don't think he's ready to let everyone else know outside our circle about us like that and well..."

"Well what?"

Linna faced her sister with a melancholy look.

"I don't think he likes me now like he did before."

"What do you mean? Do you think it's because of her?"

Linna slowly nodded with an indifferent expression.

"Yeah. I think Sunghoon likes his childhood friend much more than he likes me now. He probably just came to that realization or something."

"That makes absolutely no sense, Linna, since the two of you have been dating for a year now despite keeping y'all's relationship on the down low. A relationship like that wouldn't have lasted this long if he really liked her and not you."

"I thought so too, Kierra, but he and I aren't like you and Jay."

"Every couple is different. So you can't really compare yours to others, especially mine. Jay and I's relationship worked the way it does is because of how he and I are."

"I know, but the vibe and space between us now is somewhat awkward and less intimate. At least Jay still shows you physical affection."

Kierra scoffed with a ghost of a smile.

"Jay's just clingy."

That caused Linna to laugh freely as she nodded in agreement with a bittersweet smile.

"True, but that just honestly shows how much he likes you, Kierra, compared to Sunghoon and I."

Kierra cast her sister with a sympathetic look.

"Maybe there's just some misunderstandings between the two of ou and y'all aren't ready or comfortable to talk about it. Because I really cannot see him falling out of like or maybe out of love with you despite what's been happening between the two of you this past week or so."

Please log in to read the full chapter