--end--

Be my girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Sunny was pretty certain her friend was avoiding her. It was subtle and most people won't believe it's happening, but knowing Hyomin since they were five, she picked up on the girl's habits and knew them like the back of her hand. The eighteen-year-old was also sure when it started. It was the day after that incident.

 

     It was something she, herself, wanted to talk with Hyomin about. She wanted to sort the matter out before "anything like this happens," she thought. A sigh escaped her lips as she watched the other girl disappear in the house next door. 

 

 

--

 

     "I can't lose her," was all Sunny thought as she carefully cross the made-up bridge from her bedroom's balcony to Hyomin's later that night. It was built by their parents when they were ten and they've been sleeping in each other's bedroom since. Sunny felt the wind and involuntarily shivered from its coldnesss. In her rush, she forgot to bring a jacket with her. In her defense, this was a bigger matter than the possibility of getting sick. In a careful but a bit hurried steps, she finally made it to the other side. Breathing in deep, she raised her right hand to knock and let the girl know of her presence. She's determined to get her friend back, "even if we only stay that way. Friends."

 

     She almost screamed when the curtain parted from the inside revealing Hyomin in her pyjamas. The girl opened the balcony door letting Sunny in. "You know you can use the front door," she said. "That old as heck bridge might fall anytime soon."

 

     Sunny let out a chuckle. She was glad Hyomin was still talking to her albeit the distance the said girl established. She was still standing near the door and Hyomin kept her distance by standing beside her bed, looking at her with conflicted yet expectant eyes.

 

     "Hyomin, can we talk?" she started. Hyomin on the other hand, nodded, waiting for her to continue. She took a step forward wanting to get closer to the girl she was missing for more than a week now. 

 

     "Please don't." Hyomin's words were so sudden and sharp, Sunny was su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter