Friends.. Not more not less.

We're Friends, Girlfriends! [Gfriend VIVIZ UmB AU/Fanfic]

After the Incident happened, Umji and SinB started to get closer. They would hang out in cafes, go for walks in parks, and even going to friendly dates together. But, Umji wasn't exactly satisfied with this, and neither was SinB.


One day, SinB had just arrived at Umji’s flat after picking her up from her office.

“Thanks for picking me up from work today, SinB.” Umji said while smiling brightly.

“Sure! It’s the least I could do, since I was the one who asked you to go with me to the amusement park.” Answered SinB while smiling back at her.

“Make yourself at home. I’ll go change into something more casual.” said Umji while slowly leaving the living room.

While waiting for Umji to get ready for their ‘friendly’ date, it suddenly rained.

Because of the rain, they agreed to cancel their plans for today, because the destination was an amusement park. So, even if they go there, there won’t be much to do because it’s raining.

“Oh… It’s raining….” Said SinB when Umji walked out of the room wearing some casual clothes.

“It is? What about our date?” Asked Umji dejectedly.

“I guess… we’ll have to cancel them….” Said SinB slowly not wanting to disappoint the girl any more.

Umji looked at SinB sadly and made a slight pout. “Really?” she asked once again.

“I’m sorry… I don’t think it’s a good idea to go there while it’s raining….” Answered SinB while gently patting Umji’s head and caressing her puffed cheeks.

The two kept on looking at each other and doing what they were doing absentmindedly for a few minutes. Once they both were aware what they were doing, they both blushed madly and avoided eye contact.

“I-I should go home! B-before… uh… um… before Angko gets lonely!” Shouted SinB while fumbling her jacket and motorcycle keys and rushing out of the flat.

“Bye Umji! I’ll see you tomorrow!” She said while walking out of the door.

Umji then came back to her senses and shouted “Wait! It’s raining you should just stay for the night! I don’t mind.”  But SinB was already rushing to the parking lot, so Umji chased after her.


When Umji caught up to SinB, she saw a frustrated SinB, so she asked “What’s wrong?”

Which SinB replied “Flat tire… I must’ve had accidentally run over a rock or something.” Explained SinB with an annoyed tone.

Umji then asked SinB “Then… why not stay here for the night?”

“It’s okay, I wouldn’t want to trouble you. I think I saw a mini workshop outside. I’ll just get it fixed there. Thanks for the offer though.” Answered SinB stubbornly.

“Okay….” Umji Sighed defeatedly.


SinB then tried to lead her motorcycle to the workshop she talked about after saying goodbyes to Umji. Umji, having a bad hunch about this, tailed SinB quietly so the latter wouldn’t notice. Sadly, her bad hunch was correct.

Suddenly, a person on motorcycle that came out of nowhere slightly bumped SinB’s motorcycle. After making SinB fall down, the person who bumped her was nowhere to be found. Umji, who saw this rushed to her and helped her out. She took SinB’s motorcycle back to the parking lot, and parked it. After that she helped SinB walk back to her flat, and finally invited SinB back inside.


“Come on in.” Said Umji while frowning.

“Ouch, that kind of hurts.” Said SinB when she tried to bend down and take off her shoes.

“O-oh! Sorry! Are you okay?!” asked a panicked Umji.

“Yea-Yeah. Just a little scratch.” Answered SinB.

“Let me see!” Demanded Umji.

Umji then went inside and helped SinB sit down on a chair in the kitchen. There was quite a long silence between them when Umji was looking for the first aid kit.

“… I’m sorry.” Said SinB quietly.

“What was that?” asked Umji as a tiny grin starts to form on , while she was looking for the first aid kit in the cupboards.

“I’m sorry.” Said SinB clearly this time.

Umji then turned around to see SinB who’s looking down and looks like a puppy who has made a mistake. Umji smiled and thought ‘Is this really the brave, tuff, and cool girl who saved me from that ert that time?’

“For what?” Asked Umji.

“For not listening to you and just stay over.” Answered SinB.

“It’s okay, as long as you’re okay. Just… don’t do it again, please?” Umji said, kneeling in front of SinB to clean her wound.

“Okay…” SinB answered quietly. Umji smiled softly and starts to treat SinB’s wound.


There was only silence for minutes that seemed like hours. There was only sound when SinB flinched because of the pain, and the times when she whined and asked Umji to be a bit gentler. While Umji treated SinB’s wound, the latter kept staring at the other.

After a couple of minutes, “Thank you.” Said SinB slowly as soon as Umji got up after she finished treating the wounds.

SinB then cleaned herself up and changed into Umji’s clothes which Umji lent to her, seeing as SinB didn’t bring any extra clothes.


“Do you want to watch a movie?” offered Umji while helping SinB to the couch.

“A movie date?” asked SinB with an innocent smile

“I-if you’d like it to be.” Umji replied, stuttering a bit.

“Are we going to watch Disney movies?” guessed SinB.

“Yes, I’m thinking of re-watching High school musical” answered Umji.

“Okay, I hope you sing along later, I love your voice” said SinB.

“Only my voice?” teased Umji.

“W-what? No! I-I mean-” answered SinB with a bit of stuttering.

Umji giggled and said “Relax, I’m only teasing you.”

‘But I really do love you though’ thought SinB.

‘I love you too. But there’s no way it means what I thought it means…’ thought Umji

‘But (SinB) / Because (Umji), we’re just friends’ thought them both.

They then spend the rest of the night watching the movie and fell asleep. Umji ended up sleeping on SinB’s shoulder, and SinB fell asleep on top of Umji’s head.



In the morning, who do you think will wake up first? and, what will happen next?