That's not a puppy, darling!

There's something odd with my pet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar adored living in the house she inherited from her grandmother, a powerful witch who lived until her 120th anniversary. 

The 23-year-old brunette had moved to the countryside two years before and she became friends with a cute couple, who were from witch families too.

Wheein and Hwasa taught a lot of witchcraft to their unnie and they visited her once a month.

They had other obligations with the coven. So the rest of the days they were traveling or deep into the woods, collecting herbs and sacred items.

Duo to an unexpected mission, the girls went missing for three months.

During that time, Yongsun's life started changing.

The brunette, who was very lively and flirty, used to date different people and move to a new one quite often.

That fool moon, she had left her current boyfriend's place late at night and decided to drop at a convenience store to buy some candies and a pack of lamen.

Yongsun was not afraid because it was a very safe small town and the police would spend their time playing cards.

It was a 15-minute-long walk from the convenience store to the beautiful witch's house and the street was in the shadows, except for the gigantic moon and the stars in the sky.

Crossing the border between the modern side and the region that was covered by farms and forests, the black-haired girl listened to a distant sound but she identified it as a wail.

The sound of suffering and pain got louder as she stepped ahead.

Despite the lack of visibility, Yongsun noticed that a small creature was fallen on the ground next to a fence.

The witch got closer and slowly touched what looked like a 3-month-old puppy at most.

The animal was very weak but tried to make sure she understood they were not dangerous by her hand without much energy.

Since an apple doesn't fall far from its tree, the girl rescued the abandoned animal the same way her granny used to do.

Yongsun fed the poor thing and prepared a homemade potion she learned from her mother.

The puppy tried to avoid drinking the medicine and the witch had to hold them close to her chest to succeed at pouring down their throat.

After one hour, the poor sick thing fell asleep on her lap and Yongsun didn't have the courage to get up.

The following days went by really fast and turned into weeks.

The puppy grew so much that the witch wondered if she had done something wrong while preparing the potion.

She named the puppy Yongbaby and every time the animal heard that the young woman imagined they were rolling their eyes.

The witch loved the animal's tenderness and the way they seem to be always taking care of her.

Yongsun noticed that the puppy understood what she said and sometimes, she was just expressing her thoughts out loud and the cute thing would walk around the house and bring what she wanted.

The dog also started running away from the house whenever she left to buy something or help an old neighbor late at night.

Every time Yongsun was walking back home in the dark, there was her pet on guard. As if they were protecting her.

The first time the witch got worried about the animal's behavior was when her boyfriend dropped at the house to invite her for a date.

The dog suddenly went feral, their eyes were red and they seemed to have three times more teeth than usual.

Surprised, the man grabbed an ax despite the witch telling him not to move.

Yongsun saw the dog become bigger in front of her eyes and jump on the guy, making the ax fly easily.

Shouting the silly name she had chosen to the dog, the brunette received an upset look and then, the animal walked back inside the house.

Even though she knew she should help her boyfriend and check if he was okay, Yongsun got bothered with that expressive look she had received.

" I must be tripping. Animals can't have deep feelings"_____ She thought and shook her head.

____ Yongsun-ah, you gotta put down that beast. It's dangerous!_____ The man shouted and brought her back to reality.

Offended, the beautiful black-haired woman declared:

_____ We are over. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I can pay for the doctor's expenses.

_____ What? Are you crazy? Are you breaking up with me because of that thing?

_____ There's no beast or thing here. Unless you're talking about yourself. I apologize for the attack. My dog is not used to other people. He was trying to protect me. Anyway...please leave._____ Yongsun spoke with energy.

Locking the front door, the young witch looked for the pet all over the place without luck. Until she decided to check her room 

And there they were. The majestic animal was lying on her bed and they immediately softened their look when the owner caressed their head and scratched their ears.

_____ I'm sorry I yelled. You scared me at that moment. You mustn't attack anyone. Do you understand?

The dog looked at the woman with admiration and her hand.

Yongsun got to bed, found a comfortable position, and murmured:

_____ Come here, Yongbaby.

The dog showed their teeth with an expression that looked like disdain and continued where they were.

_____ Okay okay. Just come here, will you?

Waving their tail, the pet lay beside the witch and rested the head on her chest.

Yongsun kept caressing their fur until she fell asleep.

Some days later, the brunette met a cute girl at the flower shop and they started dating.

The witch spent some hours at the new girlfriend's house and the next time, she invited her over.

Although the cute young woman tried to get closer to the dog, the animal quietly walked in the opposite direction.

Yongsun managed to act naturally but she kept an eye on her pet during the whole evening.

When the couple started making out on the couch, the flower girl asked to meet the brunette's bedroom and Yongsun thought it would be ok since the dog was hidden somewhere.

The two girls undressed each other and got to bed quickly, anxious to get it on.

Yongsun was excited and her new lover was pretty and sweet. So she was enjoying leading the girl towards new experiences.

They had been touching and feeling each other for half an hour when suddenly, thunder shook all the ground and a bolt of lightning momentarily made the darkness disappear.

The flower girl turned her head to the door and screamed in horror.

Yongsun looked at the door and her dog was glaring at them with two huge flames in the place of their eyes and the fangs exposed.

______ Go away, Yongbaby! Bad dog!

The pet's eyes seemed to lose their life and they stared at her with hurt before turning around and obeying.

Confused, the brunette closed the door and checked how her girlfriend was.

_____ I'm fine. It was just unexpected. Your dog must be scared because of the storm. You know, their hearing is really sensitive.

_____ I'm sorry. I don't think I can continue now...

_____ It's totally fine. I'm still shaking._____ The girl laughed.

A louder thunder exploded in the sky and the rain fell strong.

The couple got dressed and the witch shared a blanket with the cute girl.

Two hours later, Yongsun still couldn't fall asleep and the rain continued going down.

Leaving the bed careful not to wake the girlfriend up, the brunette started looking for the dog all over the house and couldn't find them.

Then she remembered she had told them to go away and her heart sank.

The brunette rechecked every corner, every place that could fit the animal, and panicked.

Unable to calm down, the witch put on her boots and made a spell to track the dog down.

Running under the rain, the woman couldn't see anything well in that dark and rustic road. Except when a flash of lightning cut the sky.

The spell kept pulling her towards the river and Yongsun silently prayed for mother nature,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter