5 | the rom-com starter pack

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay...what's the most loser background character thing can I do to myself?

I thought as I stared at myself in the mirror for one minute.

I'm thinking about this because, in the next three hours, the main storyline will finally take place. Yes, today is Monday, January 15th! And I don't want to stand out.

I've been blessed with good looks, and despite not doing much about it, my skin remains soft and clear. Well, I did apply this expensive lotion every day in my original body, but that's pretty much it. Maybe it's thanks to our genes.

"Woah, the Kim Minjeong in this world really takes good care of herself."

I said to myself as I glanced over the gray dressing table with a rectangular mirror. There are a lot of skincare products, but no makeup. Judging from the contents of her wardrobe, the Minjeong in this world must prefer a comfortable, boyish, everyday style.

She is a part of SM High's track team, and most of them don't really care how they look.

Our style is so alike~

Anyway, to not stand out, all I could think of was to wear these thick glasses I found under the drawer. They're so thick that they make my eyes look smaller. Plus! They don't affect my eyesight!

I wonder what they're doing under the drawer.

The Minjeong in this world must've been using it for something.

"Woah, it looks good... I look like a nerd."

I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror.

And for the cherry on top~ I wore a retainer to downgrade my looks even more! If someone were to find out what I look like behind this kind of disguise, it would be like a recipe for an ugly to beautiful type of story!

And I don't want that to happen to me.

With that done, I didn't want to wear the school's coat since it felt uncomfortable and simply wore the inner uniform. Then, over it, I wore a dark gray hoodie so no one would question me.

Alright, I'm all set!

Fixing my tie, I slung my backpack over my shoulder, grabbed the keys to Minjeong's motorbike, and left the home.

 

૮ ・ﻌ・ა

 

As soon as I arrived at SM High's area, I immediately felt like screaming and gaped at the beautiful trees surrounding the path to school. I remember drawing the background and adding sakura trees to make Junwoo's first day of school chapter look aesthetically pleasing.

Man, now I'm really glad I did that.

BZZZT BZZZT BZZT!!!

While I was taking my time to admire the surroundings as I walked, the tablet in my bag started vibrating like crazy. Curious, I took it out, turned it on, and went to the Imaginari app to check what the two notifications were about

There, I saw two of the characters I lost in the drafts.

They're back... and just like the other two that randomly popped up on my tablet, they're completely out of the panel.

Moreover, something weird happened again—I did draw Aeri like that in one of my first drafts of her profile, but I don't remember posting that version of her.

Maybe it'll change in the future...?

Ah, whatever! Ever since I woke up in this world, everything-

"Wa- Hey, watch where you're going."

Ow...

Before I knew what happened, I bumped into someone, my eyes glued to my tablet. But as I tucked my tablet back in my backpack and raised my head, I saw someone unexpected. Honestly, I was captivated.

There, standing before me, was none other than Yu Jimin.

The school's ambiance seemed to amplify her beauty, making her appear even more enchanting!

Her hair cascading down in gentle waves, dancing with the breeze as petals from nearby trees floated around us, framing her clear, radiant face...

Holy shi- I think I can die peacefully now.

...

Okay, maybe not die right now. But you get the point!

Lost in Jimin's captivating gaze, I quickly shook myself from the trance and offered a small, apologetic bow. When I dared to look up again, anticipating her response, Jimin took an unexpected step closer, causing me to instinctively take a step back.

Deja vu.

Jimin's eyes seemed to search my face, her voice soft yet curious. "You look familiar. Have we met before?" she inquired, her expression unreadable as she distanced herself.

"U-Uh..."

Caught off guard by the sudden question, I stumbled over my words. It looked like Jimin remembers what happened at the zoo... Of course, she does, Minjeong! By altering the original storyline, I unwittingly triggered a rewrite by the app, changing the course of that chapter.

I cleared my throat, choosing my words carefully. "No—this is our first meeting."

Arghghgh! I'm sorry for deceiving you, Jimin! But it was necessary! I couldn't risk disrupting the story further and causing more complications. Already, the encounter with Jinju at the zoo had shifted, and who knew what other scenarios had changed?

Hahh... the stress of altering fate weighs heavy.

"Hmm, I see. I'll be on my way then," Jimin replied, the expressionless look on her face still there as she walked past me.

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter