End

My Password Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She gets up with a headache with several sounds from the bell that ring a few times. She gets up and looks at the monitor then presses the door open so that it would open automatically. The last sight in her eyes is a guy that she knows runs inside looking panic before the blackout. Again, she awakes with her on the bed and something on her forehead. When she moves her arms to the forehead, she can feel the damp towel. She put it aside and push herself off the bed. She can smell something from outside of her bed. She opens the door and sees the guy from next door is cooking something in the kitchen. He is surprised to see Hyeyeon walks out of the room.

"Hyeyeon-ah, why are you out? You should rest some more?"

"What happened?" she asked as she didn't remember much before she faints.

"You faint when you let me in. You're having a fever. Have a sit. I'm almost finished with the stew." he leads her to the couch and back to the kitchen after she is safely seated there. No conversation just sound and smell from the kitchen. After he prepared the dish on the dining table, then he takes Hyeyeon and lead her to the dining table. He makes sure she is seated well and scoops out the soup to the bowl for her to slurp. He waits for her to have the first bite of stew.

"Thanks!" Hyeyeon said.

"Your welcome," he replied.

"001122," she said and he titled his head in confusion. "My password. In case something happens to me." Hyeyeon said before slurping off the stew. He smiles and digs in the food.

"I and Wonho are done. Yerin creates a lie and that's how it happens. She likes him and I didn't know that. I don't want to tell a full story. It's tiring." Hyeyeon said after a few seconds of silence.

"I don't need to know the full story. Seeing you suffer is enough to see that you are not wrong," he said and Hyeyeon shows a small smile.

"Your name is Hyunwoo right?" she asked.

"I'm glad you know my name."

"I heard it once when your friend comes over and calls you," she said. Hyunwoo smiles and gladly helps Hyeyeon in pouring the drink into her glass. The silence went on until they finished their dinner and Hyunwoo cleaned up the dishes. Hyeyeon lays on the couch with her eyes fixated on the back of the man's body. She never thought that a guy that she once hates because he's never being good to her is standing inside her house, cooking and helping her.

"I need to leave to my friend after this. Are you feeling okay?" he asked from the sink.

"I'm fine." Hyeyeon closed her eyes as she answered him.

"Okay cool. I leave my phone number on the cabinet so you can call me anytime. I'll see you later." he stands near Hyeyeon and she opens her eyes. The smiles and eyes on his face make Hyeyeon feel safe and calm at the same time. How can she never realize that?

"Yup. Thank you for tonight."

"No thanks. Bye." he left and Hyeyeon feel alone again. She sleeps on the couch and wakes up the next day on the bed. She is surprised but knowing only one person can do that makes her feel happy. She walks out of the bedroom to find him but there is no one around the house. She walks to the dining table where there is food prepared for her. There is a small note next to it.

'I got a work nearby. Leaving first. You shouldn't sleep on the couch. You're not young anymore. Your body will feel sore.'

Hyeyeon smiles at the witty note that is. She opens the lid and is surprised to see japchae on the plate. She eats it right away for breakfast. For lunch and dinner, she cooks for two-person and waits for him to come back home but until midnight, there is no sound from him. She fell asleep on the couch and woke up with the sound of laughter at the front door. She takes a look at the clock and it's 2 AM. Hyeyeon stretching out before walking towards the monitor and surprised to see Hyunwoo is standing there smiling. Hyeyeon smiles too and presses the door open. He is surprised. He opens the door and only his head that sneaking in.

"You're not sleeping yet?" he asked.

"Not yet." she lied. He nods.

"I'm sorry if we are loud. I'm having a late dinner with my friends. They'll be sleeping here. I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked and Hyeyeon nods. He left and waved at the camera so that Hyeyeon will see him. Then his friend takes him away from the monitor and Hyeyeon feels happy once again. She turns around and gasps with the dish prepared on the table. She keeps it in the container and puts it in the fridge then fell asleep in the bedroom.

She's already awake when her front door is opening. She's doing her job from home in the living room so there is a lot of files laying down on the floor. Hyunwoo walks inside with the ice cream that he bought a while ago and walks straight to the kitchen.

"What time did you guys finish the party?" she asked from the living room. He turns but didn't reply. He put it in the fridge.

"About dawn. I bought you an ice cream. I gotta for work. Bye." he left and Hyeyeon feels empty with the short conversation. It's not enough. Hyeyeon stands up and grabs her cardigan to follow him but the door opens again and this time Hyunwoo sighs in relief.

"Sorry. I'll be away for two days on this job. I thought to let you know. You'll be fine alone here?" Hyunwoo asked her. Hyeyeon awkwardly clears .

"I-I'm always alone. I'm okay with that." Hyunwoo chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry. Forget about that. So, I have to go. I'm 5 minutes late. Take care and please eat. Sleep in your bedroom and not on-"

"You're 5 minutes late." he paused and nodded, agreeing with that timing.

"Okay. Bye." he waves and stares at her for a while before taking a deep breath and getting out of the house. Hyeyeon feels satisfied with that because she also stares into his eyes. Hyeyeon walks to the balcony to see him running to his car and he did. But before he enters the car, he looks up and Hyeyeon is frozen with that small act of him. He waves to her and without her realize, she waves back.

Two days goes by and he didn't return as promised. Hyeyeon starts to feel restless. She's already had his number dialed on the phone but she's too afraid to call him until she presses dial and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter