mind of its own

she’s op, pls nerf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: cant believe i'll get these numbers of subs, upvotes, and comments, so thank you <3 

Things to note before reading (some gaming jargons/made-up stuff).

-ae :  are the player-controlled characters in AOK, each possesses unique abilities and attributes. I have aespa and nct members as aes lol

-Naevis : is the God of AOK, situated in the jungle area of the map.  Naevis spawns areound 9-10 minutes of the game hehe. Players can attack Naevis to gain gold and experience. Once defeated, Naevis will respawn and fight alongside the team that defeated her.

-IGN : if you haven't known already, this means, in-game name. a player's user name. 

if there are more in the chap that you don't know about or curious as to what it is, feel free to ask. 

 

now, let's enjoy 2nd chap, shall we?

 

 

-

 

 

To Seungwan’s expectation, the conversation she had with her parents didn’t go lightly. It wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t great as well. See, her parents could not believe she’s willing to drop out of school just so she, as per her parent’s words, can do whatever she wants.  

 

Whatever she wants! It’s like her parents thought she wanted to ditch studying just so she can play video games for fun for the rest of her life. She has been wanting to enter the pro scene since God knows when and they knew that but they chose to believe that it’s nothing but a kid’s game. It is a professional scene for goodness sake. 

 

Everyone can be a gamer, honestly, if they want to be. You don’t have to be a great gamer to be a gamer, you can enjoy playing games without being too good at it. So what if you play on easy mode? So what if you keep dying in a game, you’ll respawn and try once again until you make it and enjoy it nevertheless. All these, and you can call yourself a gamer.

 

But, pro scene? It takes time, extraordinary skills and motivation to get there. Some people can get there with practice. Some are gifted with skills, it’s like they’re born with a mouse and keyboard in their hands, or a controller, or a mobile, or- whichever gaming platform there is that you prefer.  Seungwan belongs to the latter, she has had a lot of skills since she was a kid.

 

Aside from doing what you enjoy, the sum of money you ‘ll get to have as a prize once you bag a championship is jaw-dropping.

 

What baffled Seungwan the most was when her mom said gaming isn’t for girls. There’s literally a women’s division, she remembers arguing, I’d join the men’s if can, I can crush them. 

 

She loves gaming. She grew up playing different games, thanks to her Dad anyway, she actually wonders why he was so against this professional gaming when he practically raised her and gaming together.  

 

Eventually, she found her game. The game she masters at. The game she knew she excels at. 

 

Seungwan couldn’t believe it takes a Joohyun to fight for what she loves. 

 

She fought for it well and throughout the talk with her parents, they eventually accepted what Seungwan wanted. Though not with an open heart, they tried to understand and accept. 

 

Upset, they’re still. Seungwan couldn’t really fault her parents as she’s supposed to graduate high school next year.

 

One year, Seungwan. 

 

They’ve given her a year to prove herself and the pro scene to them. If success is not achieved, Seungwan will completely turn her back from gaming, professional and be it casual gaming. 

 

One year is all she needs and so she agreed.




 

And... one email, actually.

 

Seungwan remembers how she punched the air so hard when she received an email from Reve Legend’s management team, So ONE Entertainment. The email stated that she’s one of 100 out of thousands and thousands applicants accepted to participate in the tryout match. The management scouted all of applicants’ AOK accounts and thank goodness hers looks promising enough, if Seungwan’s being humble.  

 

Who was she kidding? She’s a high ranking player, her battle win rate and her AEs’ win rate do not fall below 90%. Take note, she has lots of matches. To be freaking honest, she sounds like what RVL needs. 

 

If not for the email of acceptance, the compromise she reached with her parents will all be in vain. 

 

All that’s left to do is to showcase her skills in the actual tryout match and prove to RVL and So ONE that she deserves to be in the pro scene and in their team specifically. 


Still, Seungwan isn’t perfect. She makes mistakes in games and in real life. Sometimes, terrible mistakes that you wouldn’t even think of.  Also, she- just like everyone, has no idea when life is on its way to you over.

 

Seungwan is nervous. Not only because she is on her way to the tryout match and will play the- so far, most important game of her life but also, she will meet Renebaebae in real life and will get to play with her.

 

Oh God, or- Naevis, please be in her favor. 



 

-



 

At So ONE entertainment headquarters, Seungwan patiently waits for her turn for the tryout match. She was scheduled on the last day of the tryouts which for some reason made her more nervous.  

 

Thanks to one fellow applicant who is keeping her company, Seungwan feels a little more relaxed. This fellow is younger than her and came into terms of calling her an unnie, right on the spot. 

 

“Seungwan unnie… what’s your ign?” The younger girl curiously asks, looking at her with her upward slanted beautiful eyes. 

 

Her eyes, Seungwan can tell it is the girl’s asset. And along with her sharp features, Seungwan thinks the girl looks like a cat. 

 

Seungwan refrains from giggling, she doesn't want the girl to get offended for being adorable. 

 

“Why would you want to know that Yeji?” She raises an eyebrow. 

 

“Duh, so I can follow you.”

 

“Why would you want to follow me?”

 

“Duh, so we can play together.”

 

Seungwan chuckles and answers anyway, “Wani.”

 

Yeji scoffs, “Ah, another Wani wannabe.”

 

She tries to think why Yeji would say that and what she meant by that. Her frown obviously shows as Yeji continues, “Duh, a wannabe. Someone who tries hard to be like someone else. See, my idol Wani, you’ll see her gameplay everywhere. A lot of those who play against her will upload their game to show off her skill and freestyles. So… a lot of people will try to copy. A Wani wannabe. Unless, you’re actually Wani.” The younger girl snorts.

 

Ah, there is such a thing, huh.   

 

Seungwan is aware that she’s quite known in the AOK world- only by her ign, “Wani” though. No one really knows her in real life- except for those she personally knows. She has seen her gameplays uploaded and people giving positive comments. She just isn’t aware there is such a thing as Wani wannabe. It’s cute. For Seungwan, it isn’t a bad thing. She is glad she inspires other players. 

 

She stares at Yeji as if she is challenging her.

 

The younger girl stares back at her with bewildered eyes, realizing it seemed to suddenly hit her, “You..”

 

Seungwan shrugs nonchalantly. 

 

“Oh my God. You’re Wani,” the younger girl almost screamed but obviously held back.

 

“Sorry to disappoint.”

 

“No!” This time, Yeji actually shouts, the girl looks around the waiting room, sees people looking at her questioningly, and bows her head in apology, “God, no,” she looks back at Seungwan. “I just-”

 

“You don’t need to explain,” Seungwan pretends to be hurt. 

 

“There’s literally no reason for me to be disappointed unnie,” Yeji pouts, looking suddenly shy, “I just never thought you’ll join the pro scene someday. It’s like you’re never interested.”

 

Seungwan would love to argue that she never said anything about that at all. Heck, no one knows her personal social media accounts nor she mentioned anything in-game. She’s like a ghost honestly. Yeji obviously doesn’t have any basis for what she just said. 

 

But the younger girl looks embarrassed enough so Seungwan settles for an obvious statement, “Well, I’m here.”

 

“I know and you’re going to nail this tryout match.”

 

Seungwan snorts, “You don’t know that.” What if she choke? God, she’ll be playing with Renebaebae, she’s already distracted with just the thought of it. Seungwan is certain she will be a whole mess in the match later. 

 

“Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter