TEASER ONE

 FOODSTAGRAM! ◦ APPLY OPEN!
 
TEASER one!
bae seulhui is now a freshman in eumshik university. the female is still planted at the entrance of the dorm room as she inspected the flat. the room being dark due to the blinds blocking out the sunlight. there are two beds that are on opposite sides as there and two desks against the wall that sat in between the space that the beds made.
 
"i'm finally a college student. oh my..." the freshman mumbles and takes notes of the boxes that sit at the side of the bed. it doesn't seem like her (assumed) roommate arrived on campus yet; ddue to the fact that the two beds appeared more like a new mattress from a furniture store.
 
seulhui walked to her proclaimed side of the room, sat on the bare mattress and sighed heavily. she looked at her phone and saw a message from one of her friends. seulhui rolled her eyes from the sight of the notification.
 
hey! the group and i are going out to eat. wanna come with? we're leaving in a few minutes. she reads the message that her "friend" sent her.
 
seulhui remembers why she's dorming with a stranger—her group had an odd number of people. they had talked to each other about dorming with whoever in the group and didn't bother notifying seulhui about it. seulhui was irritated with what her friends did but she reasons with herself that she shouldn't feel upset about it. she didn't feel close to them anyways so why would it matter if she was rooming with her "friends" or not?
 
you're just being ungrateful, seul. she looked at the screen with a conflicted expression. just say yes that you'll go, fake it until you make it, they say.
 
sungyoung 💀
receiver
omg food! yess! i'm down!
where should i meet you guys? 
sender 1
we're meeting at the gate in five minutes. that's where everyone is going to meet 👍🏻
receiver
okay, that sounds like a plan. where are we eating? 😳
sender 2
hmmm that's a good question lolol 😂
receiver
oh, did the girls not pick yet?? 
sender 3
we just did rn lol we're going to go and eat pasta
there's also other places by the pasta place if you're not in the mood for that lol
we're just going to go there rn bc we're not done packing yet
 
seulhui left her room after talking briefly to her lovely friend. on her way out she made sure that her wallet and keys were in her bag. when she was out of the building she realized something, touched her pocket to make sure she left with her phone. she sighed in relief, knowing that her important item was in her pocket.
 
"you're late, seulhui." the one that messaged seulhui teased as she was walking towards the group of females. seulhui only bit her lip quietly and furrowed her eyebrows. so unnecessary. 
 
she awkwardly laughs at them. she played along with the people that she wasn't fond of. "yeah! sorry, my fault..."
 
"the plaza is only a few minutes away. we won't die walking, right? you okay with walking, seul?" another asked which she only nodded in response.
 
"of course." 
 
once the group had arrived at the restaurant, they quickly ordered their food and had small chat about their dorms. seulhui only listened quietly as she occassionally took sips of her water.
 
"to be honest, the rooms are quite big... i thought it was going to be small and everything."
 
"same! but i'm so glad that i paired up with you, sungyoung! i wouldn't know what to do if i was rooming with someone that i don't know!" chaejung confessed with glee until she saw everyone's reaction, "oh . i'm sorry seulhui! i didn't—"
 
"it's alright." seulhui interrupted with a plastered smile as she accepted chaejung's apology, "i know what you meant and it's alright."
 
"right... so did you meet your roommate yet?" mijung shifted the topic on something else.
 
seulhui only shook her head at everyone that looked at her with anticipation, "nope. not yet."
 
"aw, that ."
 
"it's okay though. if you really want to, you can find someone else to room with if you don't like your roommate..! or you can live at the apartments near the campus." mijung suggested.
 
seulhui asked with a hint of excitement, "seriously? they allow that..? i thought once you met your roommate it's a done deal—like you're stuck with them for the year!" 
 
mijung only laughed and played with her straw that was in the cup, "yeah. within the first week you have to turn in your notice to the chairman that you want to move out. then you should be good to go! our school seems pretty flexible with it."
 
"wow! that's great! that's amazing, even!" seulhui said with the thought that she should just move out of the dorm and live in an apartment by campus. living on campus doesn't seem that amazing anyways.
 
her friends started talking about other things but the only thing that was on seulhui's mind was if she should move out or live on campus. you should just give your roommate a try, what can hurt? they can't be as bad as your "current friends" anyways. 
 
"hey, hey! seul! your food!" seulhui blinked her eyes and found a hand snapping their fingers in front of her face, "your food is ready and it's going to get cold if you don't eat now."
 
seulhui looked down at the table to see her plate of pasta. she clearly saw the meat and cheese in between the stacks of the tomato-coated flat pasta. immaculate. seulhui thought as she saw how beautiful it looked. 
 
just look at that! all the cheese and the— she thought as she unconciously reached out to her phone. phone in hand, she unlocked it to open the camera app and slowly started to position her hands to get a flattering angle of her dish.
 
"oh my god. seul, are you seriously going to take a picture of your food?" mijung asked with disbelief. eyes still on her phone, she rolled her eyes and decided to look at her "friends." they were already eating their dish.
 
what am i supposed to say?
 
"yeah. why not?" seulhui thought as she decided to look back at her phone to take more photos of the food.
 
she heard them sigh with mix of disbelief and regret. "there's no point on taking a photo of it, seul. just eat it. it's meant to be eaten. it's not art."
 
"alright, alright." she reluctantly agrees to them. she puts away her phone as she just agrees with them to not anger them any more. 
 
seulhui didn't have the patience to reason with her friends that couldn't see things in her perspective. they're always like this, they were like this whenever they find out something that i like. everyone at the table ate in silence, they ate in regret. 
 
the food-photographer regretted being friends with them—they don't even respect me or my interest. can i even continue to be friends with them if they're always like this?
heart image for likes
501 likes
author's note omg i've been out of the funk of writing lol. i'm actually pretty bad at writing too lmao. (but trying to improve lol). this is from the original ver, but i did have to make modifications with it. hopefully, it gives you some insight with how uncomfortable seulhui gets with her current "friends" just bc she can't seem to enjoy what she likes without being judged for some reason. characters mentioned in here are seulhui's crappy friends that she wants to ditch... and i hope i was able to betray how bad they are to seul?? or at least how seul and them aren't a good match. and i hope i was able to portay the fact that seul really doesn't like her friends lol. oh and i intend to write with all lowercase hahah. i revealed the college that they go to..! thanks to everyone who subscribed <3 i look forward to your apps ahh!!