Daddy Who? (Yhoksie)

Santa Claus Is Coming To KyuSung Town

"I dont know why the exactly. Maybe first, Yesung is my bias, and follow by kyuhyun. Then, I watch their moments on youtube and think they're sooo cuutteee. Therefore, I start to shipping them since middle school, maybe around nine or ten year ago, i dont think so. I always call them by mom and dad, yeah they're my parents in another world haha."

.

.

.

.

.

Ryeowook liked to think that he's a cool kid, not cool as in appearance (though his giraffe hoodie is awesome) but behaviors. He just turned eight this year but he had mastered all household chores and some intermediate-level dishes. No, he didn't become self-maintenance because his parents . On the other hand, he had the best dad in the world— Daddy Jongwoon! As far as he recalled, daddy worked hard to take care of him alone (he didn't know who his mother was and he didn't care). His daddy was very busy with his job so he learned to take care of their house and himself. The head pats and hugs he got from daddy whenever he went home were the best gift he ever wanted. He didn't mind not having a mother. They didn't need anyone else in their perfect father-son life!

 

 

Then, everything changed when his daddy got out of a cool black car one evening.

 

******************************

 

"That car is dropping off daddy again…"

 

Ryeowook muttered to himself while glaring at the cool car through a living room window. Usually, daddy's mode of commute was a bus but he had been coming home by that car for a month now. What if it was some bad guy trying to trick his daddy? No, he must protect his daddy! Ryeowook dashed to the door hoping to catch whoever was in the car and show them who was the real boss around this neighborhood, but he didn't make it. The black car already drove off by the time he jumped out to the porch, but at least he got to greet his daddy. Ryeowook grinned and threw his arms around his daddy.

 

"Daddy, welcome home!"

"I'm home, Wookie."

"Daddy, who is it in that car?"

"Oh, he's just my co-worker. Say, my baby Wookie, have you been a good boy?"

 

Ryeowook tried to be serious and continued to ask daddy about the suspicious car, but he couldn't say no to daddy's head pat and smile.

 

 

Later, he will definitely find the car owner's identity later!

 

**********************

 

That cool black car showed up at their house more frequently. At first, it only dropped off daddy every other day but now it increased to every day. Moreover, Ryeowook could sense that daddy was in a good mood because of whoever was in that car. Sometimes, daddy brought home tasty meals and snacks and ice cream (ice cream!!) and gave it to him, saying it was a gift from his co-worker. He was a smart kid so he knew that this was an attempt to bribe him (he wouldn't say no to ice cream though). As he expected, this person was trying to trick his daddy by using him! In order to come up with a plan to protect daddy, he needed more information about his enemy.

 

"Daddy, who is your co-worker? Is he a bad guy?"

"Hm? Oh no, not at all, Wookie! He's very kind, mature, reliable, talented, considerate, and most importantly, he treats daddy nicely."

 

Ryeowook didn't like the way his daddy smiled while blushing, talking about this co-worker.

 

"Daddy, you're too kind! What if he faked it and broke your heart later?"

"Wookie, daddy is so happy that you're worried about me. However, he's really a good person, probably the best person daddy has ever met after mother left us."

 

He wanted to protest more but daddy gave him ice cream. So, he decided to come up with a plan later. After all, he had to finish the ice cream before it melted!

 

************************************

 

"Daddy, we're going to be late for school!"

"No need to hurry, Wookie. We won't walk to school today."

"Eh? How are we going there then? Bus?"

 

Before his daddy got to answer, the sound of a car horn interrupted them. Ryeowook suddenly had a bad feeling as he saw daddy smiling ear to ear while taking his hand.

 

"He's here. Let's go, my baby boy."

"Who? Your co-worker?"

 

He quickly got the answer when he saw a familiar cool black car parking in front of their porch. He didn't want to get in the car but his daddy then made a saddened face, so he had to be a good boy and climbed into the backseat. While daddy was putting on a seatbelt for him, Ryeowook openly stared at a man in the driver seat— tall, probably taller than daddy, thin but not as thin as daddy, and he had the same dark brown hair that Ryeowook had and he didn't like it. Probably noticing his gaze, the mysterious co-worker turned to smile at him and he hated to admit that the older man was actually good-looking.

 

"Hey there, buddy."

"Ah, Kyuhyun, this is my son, Ryeowook. Wookie, this is daddy's co-worker, Uncle Cho Kyuhyun."

"Nice to meet you, Ryeowook, though I'm actually your daddy's boss."

 

Boss? So, this uncle worked with daddy? Did he abuse his authority and force daddy to spend time with him? Yes. That must be it! His daddy was too kind to turn down a request, especially if it came from his boss! No wonder daddy had no choices but to let this man pick up and drop him off as he wanted!! Finding out the truth, Ryeowook puffed his cheeks and crossed his arms over his chest, before turning away from the older man and ignoring his greeting. However, his daddy didn't approve of his behavior.

 

"Wookie, what do we do when we meet someone new?"

"It's fine, Jongwoon, I don't mind it."

"But I do."

 

His daddy held his face and smiled at him.

 

"Wookie… I know that this sudden change might upset you but my baby boy is very cool, right? So, he'll understand daddy and say hi to Uncle Kyuhyun, right?"

"Yes… daddy…"

 

He didn't want to make daddy sad so he reluctantly looked at the older man who was still smiling at him. Ryeowook nodded and greeted him.

 

"Nice to meet you, Uncle Kyuhyun, but just so you know, I'm cooler than you."

"Oh? Is that true, Jongwoon?"

"Of course!" His daddy giggled, "My Wookie is the coolest man on earth!"

 

Ryeowook couldn't smirk any wider while daddy kissed his forehead and both cheeks, before getting into the passenger seat. His mood also got boosted a lot seeing the boss making a heartbroken look with a hand on his chest. Then, the older man pouted at his daddy.

 

"Jongwoon, I'm hurt! I thought you said that I'm very handsome?"

"Not as much as my son, obviously."

"Ouch, you hurt my poor heart so you have to take responsibility~"

 

The old man, Kyuhyun, suddenly put his hand on daddy's nape while smirking. However, daddy politely took it off and frowned at the boss.

 

"Kyuhyun… Wookie is here."

"Sigh, I know, I was just teasing you."

 

The old man said and held his daddy's small hand instead, and Ryeowook frowned, noticing how the two's hands fitted perfectly like Tetris pieces. He decided to break the pieces by shoving his hand in-between the two adults' hands and grasping his daddy's hand before Kyuhyun got to intertwine them.

 

"Daddy, my hand is cold. Can I hold your hand all the way to school?"

"Of course, my baby boy."

 

In your face! Ryeowook smiled smugly and swung their joined hands happily. He sneakily checked the older man's face thinking that he must be upset. However, instead of a glare or a frown, Kyuhyun was actually staring at his daddy while smiling softly. His brown eyes were practically shining in fondness.

 

 

And Ryeowook didn't like that.

 

***********************************

 

Ryeowook really, really didn't like this Uncle Kyuhyun.

 

 

"Today is Saturday. What are you doing here, uncle?"

"Hello, Ryeowook, you see, your daddy invited me for dinner."

"Daddy? Why would daddy do—"

"Welcome, Kyuhyun! Please make yourself at home."

 

Ryeowook pouted when his daddy, being too kind as ever, invited the old man into their house. The boss' smile and eyes immediately softened with affection upon seeing his daddy. Uncle Kyuhyun then hugged his daddy and pecked his cheek, making daddy blush madly while Ryeowook glared daggers at him.

 

"Kyuhyun! Behave yourself! My son is here!"

"I promise I won't do anything more than a hug and a few pecks on your cheeks, alright? I just miss you so much, Jongwoon…"

"Kyuhyun… I miss you too…"

"Jong—"

"Uncle Kyuhyun, what is in the bag?"

 

Ryeowook put himself between the two men and pretended to be interested in the paper bag the boss was holding. The older man chuckled and handed the bag to him. Curious, he quickly checked its content and squealed in joy seeing ice cream, probably about 1.5 quart.

 

"Ice cream!!"

"Your daddy told me that you really liked it last time so I bought it again. Do you like it?"

 

He almost shouted "yes!" but bit his tongue just in time. No, he almost failed for this sly uncle's plan! Despite his heart crying for ice cream, he pushed the paper bag back to the old man's hand.

 

"I don't want it so take it back."

"Eh? Why?"

"Uncle Kyuhyun, if you think that you can buy my trust with ice cream then think again! I'm smarter than that!"

"I know you're a sharp boy," the boss smiled, "that's why I bought this as a gift, not a bribe. Guests shouldn't come empty-handed, right?"

"Hmm, I guess that makes sense."

 

Ryeowook took the gift and turned around to dash to the living room, but daddy stopped him first.

 

"Wookie, no dessert before dinner, alright?"

"But daddy…"

"C'mon Jongwoon, it's rude to turn down guests' gifts, right, buddy?"

 

Uncle Kyuhyun winked at him and he quickly nodded. He looked at his daddy with the cutest puppy eyes and cheered happily when daddy sighed. He made to go to the living room but suddenly recalled something important.

 

"Wait, who will make dinner if I'm eating ice cream?"

"I'll do it."

"Uncle Kyuhyun… you know how to cook?"

"Yep. I heard that you can cook too? How about leaving it to me today? Though I'm probably not as good as you."

"Hm! Obviously!"

 

Ryeowook grinned smugly. At least this uncle knew his place! Knowing that his cooking wouldn't lose to the older man, he ran to the living room and jumped on a couch. Then, he happily ate the ice cream while watching his favorite cartoon. By the time the cartoon ended, he had already eaten a quarter of the container and decided to stop. He could eat it all if he wanted to but he didn't want to make his daddy sad. Jumping down from the couch, he hugged the dessert to his chest and skipped to the kitchen, thinking of putting it in a fridge to eat later after the meal.

 

 

Ryeowook almost dropped the ice cream.

 

 

Uncle Kyuhyun and his daddy were kissing. The boss had his arm secured around daddy's waist and his other hand rested on daddy's nape. From this angle, Ryeowook didn't know what kind of face his daddy was making. However, judging from daddy's arms that hooked around the boss' neck, it seemed like his daddy didn't hate it. After a while, Uncle Kyuhyun pulled away and kissed daddy's hair. The older man's hand on the nape had left and joined the other at the lower back instead, before clasping together and locking daddy in his arms. His daddy giggled and nuzzled against the boss' face while Uncle Kyuhyun still kept kissing daddy's hair, and Ryeowook suddenly got scared. His daddy smiled all the time but he had never seen daddy this… overjoyed… The only time his daddy looked this happy was when he got first place in the exam. Right now, daddy looked genuinely happy…

 

 

But it was Uncle Kyuhyun who made daddy happy.

 

 

Ryeowook got scared. What if daddy left him? What if daddy got bored of taking care of him? If daddy stayed with him, he had to work hard to support both of them. However, if daddy chose Uncle Kyuhyun, he could live more comfortably and no longer had to work hard. Uncle Kyuhyun was good-looking, rich, smart, kind, and really liked his daddy. He couldn't see any reasons why daddy wouldn't choose the boss. No, wait, cooking, yes! He can cook for daddy! He was lucky that Uncle Kyuhyun wasn't a great cook like him so he had nothing to worry about!

.

.

.

Ryeowook had never eaten something super yummy like this before.

 

"Wookie!! What happened, my baby boy? Why did you cry?"

"Is my cooking that bad…?"

 

He tried to hold it in but tears kept flowing out. Even cooking skills that he was so confident in, he still lost to Uncle Kyuhyun. It was super obvious that he had nothing to win in this competition for daddy's love… True, if he faked some tears then daddy would definitely choose him. However…

 

 

"D-Daddy, I just remember that I forgot to tuck Mister Giraffe in bed before going to school today…"

 

 

Ryeowook cared about his daddy's happiness more than anything. So, instead of using his tears to kick the boss out of their house, he just sat there and watched Uncle Kyuhyun trying to comfort his daddy while daddy tried to comfort him.

 

************************************

 

After the dinner that day, Ryeowook begrudgingly admitted that Uncle Kyuhyun might not be as bad as he thought. The older man was cool, good-looking, quite laid-back, and a great cook. Plus, although he didn't want the boss to take daddy away, it was very obvious that Uncle Kyuhyun really liked daddy and vice versa. So, for his daddy's happiness, he tolerated the older man, occasionally letting him pat his head or pinching his cheeks. He also stopped sulking whenever Uncle Kyuhyun picked them up in the morning or dropped by their house during weekends. Most importantly, he no longer came up with excuses to turn down Uncle Kyuhyun's gifts (especially ice cream). Before long, it had been four months since the cool black car came to park in front of their porch.

 

 

However, today was the first time the car stopped in front of his school gate.

.

.

.

"Uncle Kyuhyun, where is daddy?"

"Jongwoon-ah has to do an OT today. So, he asked me to pick you up and stay with you until he comes home."

 

Ryeowook shifted his feet nervously. He had never been alone with the older man before. Normally, he could be as confident and mischievous as he wanted because daddy was by his side. Now, however…

 

"Ryeowook, buddy, why don't we seize this chance to get to know each other better?"

"Know each other…?"

"Yes, say, Ryeowook, do you have anywhere you want to go?"

"But I don't have money…"

"It's fine. Buddy, if you don't have to worry about money, where do you want to go or what do you want to do?"

"...I want to go to a mall and buy a new giraffe doll, but I don't want to bother daddy."

"You're a good kid, Ryeowook. That's why it's okay for you to accept gifts."

 

Uncle Kyuhyun offered him a hand.

 

"Let's go to the mall, shall we?"

 

He stared at it hesitantly but eventually placed his hand in the older man's palm.

.

.

.

Ryeowook was too timid to say what he really wanted so he chose a small giraffe doll, even though he had his eyes on a giant giraffe doll. He didn't want to bother Uncle Kyuhyun and disappoint his daddy…

 

"Are you sure that you want this one? What about that big giraffe over there?"

"I only want this one, Uncle Kyuhyun."

 

He repeated his choice but his eyes couldn't help sadly staring at the giant giraffe doll. However, he didn't expect the older man to get the giant giraffe and pay for it along with the smaller one, before giving both giraffes to him.

 

"Here, Mister tiny giraffe might be lonely without a friend so I bought Mister big giraffe for him. Both of them are yours now, buddy."

"C-Can I really have them?"

"Of course!"

 

He accepted both dolls and grinned ear to ear while crushing them in his hug. He also didn't forget to say thank you to the older man.

 

"Uncle Kyuhyun, thank you!"

"No problem! Anything else you want?"

 

Ryeowook was about to shake his head but he happened to see a pair of father and son walking ahead of them. The son was sitting on his father's shoulders with a huge toothy grin and both of them were laughing happily. He couldn't help but feel sad. Once upon a time, he used to do that with his daddy too. However, he later found out secretly that daddy had a neck problem and often felt pain in his nape giving him a ride. Although his daddy never told him about it and never turned him down, he simply stopped asking altogether for his daddy's health. But…

 

"What's wrong, buddy?"

"Can we… do that…?"

 

Ryeowook nervously pointed at the father-son pair and asked with a small voice. He also looked down because he didn't want to see annoyance in the older man's eyes, having to deal with his childish request. After a few anxious moments, he suddenly found himself flying up from the floor and settling down on the older man's shoulders.

 

"Uncle Kyuhyun…?"

"Hold me tight, okay? Jongwoon-ah will definitely skin me alive if you have even a slight scratch!"

 

With that said, Uncle Kyuhyun started to walk and he squealed in joy seeing the world from a different angle. He loved it higher up here!

 

"Do you like it?"

"Yes!!!"

"Awesome! Now, what should we do next?"

"Ice cream!!"

 

He answered in a heartbeat, completely forgetting about holding himself back to not bother the older man.

.

.

.

In the end, Ryeowook had a great day with Uncle Kyuhyun. They went to eat ice cream and had a fun competition at a game center (and he won most of the time!) After that, they watched a movie that he wanted to see and had pizza for dinner. Before going home, Uncle Kyuhyun took him to see the Rainbow Fountain show at Han River and bought him a pretty rainbow cotton candy. By the time they arrived home, he was happy and full and couldn't stop chatting about today's trip. It had been a while since he got to be spoiled like this. Not that his daddy didn't spoil him, he knew how hard it was for daddy to support both of them so he never asked for anything unnecessary, unless it was a special occasion.

 

"Ryeowook, do you have fun today?"

"Yes!!! I had the best time!"

 

Ryeowook answered with the brightest grin while the older man took off his jacket and his backpack. Then, he let Uncle Kyuhyun carry him to the living room and sit him on the couch. The boss smiled kindly and ruffled his hair, before kneeling down in front of him with his palms on his knees.

 

"I'm glad to hear that. So, can I take it that you don't mind if I want to take care of Jongwoon-ah and you?"

 

Ryeowook looked at the older man. He had never seen Uncle Kyuhyun so serious like this before.

 

"Uncle Kyuhyun, do you like daddy…?"

"I love him with all my heart."

"But… will you take daddy away from me?"

"No one can take Jongwoon-ah away from you. That's how much he loves you. However, I want you to know that I never want to do that. I'm fond of you, buddy. That's why… will you allow me to be another member of your family and call me daddy too?"

 

He went quiet while hugging both new giraffe dolls. Ever since Uncle Kyuhyun stepped into their lives, his daddy smiled and laughed more often. Of course, he also didn't miss the way daddy acted around his boss— how daddy practically radiated with happiness when Uncle Kyuhyun held his hand or hugged him. He knew that his daddy loved Uncle Kyuhyun as much as Uncle Kyuhyun loved him, and daddy's happiness was his happiness too. Plus, he did believe now that Uncle Kyuhyun wasn't some bad guy who might break his daddy's heart. However, there was one problem...

 

"Daddy? Who? I only have Daddy Jongwoon as my daddy."

 

Uncle Kyuhyun's saddened look immediately made him feel guilty.

 

"I see… Well, I'll accept your answer. However, I want to promise that I won't take Jongwoon-ah from you, Ryeowook."

"...I already have a daddy but I don't have appa yet."

"Huh?"

 

Placing down his giraffe dolls, Ryeowook grinned and threw his arms around the older man's shoulders.

 

"I said, you can be my appa!"

"What? Did you really mean it?"

"Yes!!! Please take care of daddy and me, Appa Kyuhyun! ... Unless you don't want me as your son?"

"No! Of course I'd love that!"

 

Ryeowook laughed happily as his appa picked him up and spun him around. He never thought that he would need anyone else in their already-perfect father-son relationship but maybe he might be wrong. Having another father who will take care of his daddy and him sounded awesome!

 

"Buddy, thank you for accepting me. I promise I'll make Jongwoon-ah and you happy."

"Thank you for loving my daddy too. Appa, daddy often forgets to look after himself so let's look after him together!"

"Jongwoon-ah's happiness and well-being are my top priority too so count me in!"

 

 

And that was how Ryeowook realized that his appa and he would get along well, bonding over their love for Daddy Jongwoon!

 

**********************************

 

Extra

 

 

Jongwoon couldn't focus on his work and kept glancing at his phone instead. He was worried about his son and his boyfriend who were together right now. He knew that his son didn't like Kyuhyun for stealing his attention but he truly wanted his baby boy to see that Kyuhyun is a thoroughly good person. Of course, he had no problem taking care and raising Wookie by himself, but having someone sweet and reliable like Kyuhyun by his side when he was tired would be wonderful too. So, he intentionally created an opportunity for his son and his boyfriend to spend time together. He knew that they would be fine but he still couldn't help worrying. In the end, he went home earlier than planned and quickly went upstairs to check on them.

 

"Welcome back, Jongwoon-ah. Have you had dinner yet? Want me to make something for you?"

"Oh, um, I'm fine, but, Kyuhyun-ah, that…"

 

Kyuhyun was sitting in the bed while Ryeowook was sleeping soundly. His son snuggled by his boyfriend's side and hugged two giraffe dolls that he had never seen before, and his boyfriend was patting his son's head. He walked to the bed and sat down, caressing his baby boy's cheek and looking at his boyfriend with teary eyes.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah… Could it be that…?"

"Yes, Ryeowook accepted me. He said that he only has you as his daddy but I can be his appa."

"Oh my God, that's amazing news! I'm so happy t-that I can cry…"

"Shh, don't cry, Jongwoon-ah."

"I-I'm happy and relieved. You have no idea how worried and anxious I was this whole time… I love Wookie with everything but I also love you very much, Kyuhyun-ah. I-I won't be able to bear it if I have to choose between you two…"

"You don't have to choose at all so don't cry, my love."

 

Jongwoon beamed and let his boyfriend pull himself into his lap. He put his head on the wide shoulder while Kyuhyun caressed his cheek and kissed his forehead. Then, those warm lips moved to peck the tip of his nose and his philtrum, knowing that he liked to be touched there; which drew a light chuckle from him. Finally, the loving kiss stopped at his lips and tasted him with the utmost care. Neither of them pushed further beyond a teasing nibble or gentle bite as they knew better than to engage in something much more intimate, not when their son was sleeping beside them

 

"Jongwoon-ah, I love you. Please let me take care of you and Ryeowook for as long as I live."

"I love you too, Kyuhyun-ah, thank you so much for walking into my life."

 

Jongwoon said from the bottom of his heart. After he got cheated on and only had Ryeowook left, he thought that he would never fall in love again but this wonderful man proved him wrong, and he wanted nothing but to start a new family with Kyuhyun. His boyfriend's gaze that only looked at him almost melted him away with its warm affection, and he hoped that his gaze also made his boyfriend feel the same.

 

"Now what? Do you want me to join you in the bath and warm you up nicely?"

"Tempting," Jongwoon snorted, "but I'm a bit tired now so let's take a nap together."

"Aren't you going to change first? Normally, you're very strict about it."

"Just today, I want to stay with Wookie and you like this…"

"Me too."

 

Jongwoon got up from his boyfriend's lap and moved to lie down on the other side of his son. As if knowing that his daddy had come back, Ryeowook turned to lie on his back instead while smiling in his sleep. He smiled too and kissed his son's forehead.

 

"Good night, my baby boy."

"Good night to you too, love."

 

He beamed shyly at a peck on his forehead from his boyfriend. Then, Kyuhyun also lay down and they intertwined their hands resting on the sleeping boy in the middle.

 

"Good night, Kyuhyun-ah."

 

Jongwoon squeezed his boyfriend's hand and closed his eyes. He couldn't wait for a weekend to come so that the three of them could go out together— their first trip as a family.

 

*****************************************

 

Author's note:

Yhoksie, I continued and finished your idea! Hopefully, you like how it turns out~ 

Also update on my schedule! My apology in advance but I might go back to update once a week on Sunday for this project  :")   Not only I'm busy with work, but my decision to bump up word count also makes my writing slower. Since I won't be able to stick to the original plan anyway so might as well screw it all lol. 

The news about Siwon testing positive after Shindong (he's fine now thank heaven!) further concerns me about the current situation of covid (thankfully the rest tested negative!) I myself am looking for a booster shot cuz it's obvious that 2 shots aren't enough (the audacity of this b*tch covid!) I hope that you guys can get a shot too and stay safe wherever you are.

 

Take care and love you <3