Competing in Love [NaSaHyo]

6th Anniversary Special

 

Sana is already used to her lovers quarreling with each other. However, on that particular day, they decided to turn the table on her.

 


 

Sana leads a double life.

 

She is known as Sha Rich in the day, the infamous ever obnoxious and flirty daughter of the TD Group president. But she turns into the shy and lovable Minatozaki Sana when she’s out of the public’s eye, preferring to live a normal life with two of her lovers.

 

Yes, she didn’t freaking stutter on that. It’s been almost five months since they decided to live under the same roof and Sana’s life has never been better. Of course, there’s all kinds of excitement and fun living together with the people you love. But at the same time, they can be a pain in the too.

 

Just like what she’s experiencing right now when the two decided to give her the cold shoulders from the incident last night, which caused her stomach to weep from hunger and her back to ache from bad sleeping posture. 



 

It’s already past 8 in the evening and Sana just reached home from the office, dreading the scene she’s about to see in a few seconds. Her two partners have a hobby of messing with each other, which often ends up in a war of endless high-pitched shouts and word vomit; sometimes Sana wonders if they are rapper-wannabe in their past lives.

 

Maybe that’s why they can live together, because Sana has the ability to be the pacifier of the two boisterous women; she has a knack to calm their rowdy assess with her killer aegyo, a fatal move that renders them KO'd by the end of the day.

 

However, she found out the two had taken a half-day leave together that day, and that just alerted Sana of a possible bloodbath once she arrived home later. As she reaches the front door, she takes a deep breath, bracing herself for the usual cat fight occurring in the living room… only to be livid to see the hall empty and silent. 

 

“Bestie, is that you?”

 

“We’re in the kitchen, Sana-ya!”

 

She makes a beeline to the dining room, her eyes widening in surprise from seeing her two girlfriends plating food and preparing the table side by side, all calm and peaceful with no spite between them. 

 

However, her attention was soon diverted to the appetizing dishes laid out on the round table. went wide at the delicious food and desserts, and they’re all her favourite comfort food when she misses her hometown.

 

“Did you two made this?”

 

“Are you kidding?” The oldest of the two with twin-tails and pink highlights scoffed, planting a kiss on Sana’s cheek. “We ordered delivery since Jihyo can't cook for a living."

 

The one with shiny raven lob hair raised an eyebrow from the offending eye roll she received from her nemesis.

 

"Nayeon-ssi, should I remind you of that time when you cut a strawberry with an upside down knife?" 

 

A hand slammed on the table, "Y-Yah, at least we got the strawberries cut up nicely!"

 

"My 10 years old sister can do better!"

 

Sana watches them silently from her seat, hunger already overpowering her strength to keep these two at bay. She takes a sip of the grapefruit ade instead, purposely slurping the drink loudly to catch their attention.

 

It was a success as two heads whipped to Sana, flashing apologetic smiles as they took a seat adjacent to her. Sana's empty plate was soon filled with all sorts of food as they each placed bits and pieces of everything before her.

 

"What are we celebrating tonight?" She asked innocently.

 

Unbeknownst to Sana, her two girlfriends subtly cast each other a look, sending telepathic signals with slight movements of eyebrows and puckered lips, followed by another set of eye roll from Nayeon and a determined nod from Jihyo. 

 

Granted, Sana is already salivating from the mouth watering pile in her plate. Her eyes are already targeting the piece of shiny, steaming yakiniku waiting to be devoured as she takes another sip of the cold drink. However, a bomb was unceremoniously dropped on her when they used her one and only weapon of destruction; the aegyo-filled voices and aegyo-filled expressions.

 

"Sana-ya, can we have a baby?"

 

"Bestie, can we have a baby?"

 

The glass slipped from Sana's grasp, along with her ability to think.


 

CRASH!


 

The two panics when the glass shattered on the floor, but Sana stayed frozen on her chair. Right at that moment, Sana is utterly speechless, she couldn't manage to utter a single word except for a small "Why?"

 

Nayeon, who was fetching a broom, caught Sana's desperate whisper, quickly turning around to her pouting girlfriend.

 

"I thought I'm your one and only baby… am I not enough?" Sana's lips quiver, eyes already glossy.

 

"Of course you're still our baby, Sana-ya. You always will!" Nayeon said with an assured smile, "But sometimes, it gets lonely in this house."

 

"It's about time too, bestie. We've talked about this, right?"

 

Sana sighs, standing up as she stops her girlfriends from tending the broken glasses, grabbing each of their hands with a light squeeze. “You both know how much I love you right? You can ask whatever you wish for and I’ll grant them immediately.” 

 

Nayeon and Jihyo shared a look, grinning triumphantly with a small squeal of joy. 

 

“Except for that.”

 

Sana’s hands were released simultaneously along with the loud gasps of betrayal. 

 

"Did you just-"

 

"I did." Sana responded with a nonchalant shrug, and that just fumes the ignited spark of the two disappointed women. "Omo, this one looks really good!"

 

She ignores them, picking up her chopsticks again to reach for the forgotten meat in her plate, only to have Nayeon seize her hand and Jihyo snatching the plate away.

 

“Yah, my food-”

 

“Jihyo, let’s clean up the table since someone decided to ruin the celebration tonight.”

 

“What? But-”

 

Sana watched in disbelief as they collected the still warm dishes on the table, replaced by a cup of ramyun. Jihyo stands before her with crossed arms, her nose blowing out an air of annoyance. 

 

“You’re sleeping on the couch tonight, bestie.”

 

“EHHH?”



 

She didn't understand what happened after that; her mind was still a blur and processing everything, but suddenly there was an alliance between the two, and Sana had become the antagonist, unfortunately, just because she didn’t agree to their preposterous wishes. She was ripped off from eating the scrumptious dinner, banished from their shared room to take refuge on the love-seat sofa in the living room. Thus, the condition of her poor stomach and delicate spine had been compromised.

 

This is her house, for goodness sake!

 

Well, two can play the games, or in this case, three . If they want to play the guilt card, then so be it. Sana makes a fighting pose in front of the mirror, already donning her office attire before stepping out of the guest room. She peeks at the kitchen, finding no whereabouts of the bunny and her partner-in-crime of a celestial human being, only to find the table void of breakfast too.

 

"Are they still mad at me?" She sulks, her lips arching. 

 

Looks like she's having instant ramyun for breakfast again; the only expertise she has in the kitchen. She almost bawled at her own pitiful state, but it was partly her fault too for being hard on them.

 

A sigh, followed by a ducky pout.

 

She gawks at the ramyun cup spinning inside the microwave, waiting for her breakfast with so much eagerness (her stomach growled for the sixth time already) while muttering the timer countdown.

 

"3… 2… 1…"


 

DING DONG!


 

"Eh?"

 

What she thought was the microwave's ding, turns out to be the doorbell of her home. She scratches her head curiously as she strides towards the door, wondering who would be visiting at this hour.

 

However, she found no one by the empty corridor, except for a plastic bag by the door with tupperwares inside and a note.


 

Ohaiyou gozaimasu, Sana-san!

We have a lot of leftovers from last night dinner 

so we thought it’s better to give you some.

Please enjoy the food with your two partners!


 

An evil laugh escapes Sana’s lips. Oh, she definitely won’t be sharing the food with them, not after they left her alone and starving without mercy. Then, she found a small scribble at the edge of the paper.


 

P/S: We heard a loud crash too, hope everything’s alright. Take care! 


 

She rubs her nape timidly, embarrassed to be heard by their neighbours next door. Well, at least she got her fair share of breakfast and lunch, thanks to them. Her mood quickly uplifts as she devours the still steaming food, at the same time planning a strategy to win the war against her two competitive girlfriends.


 

//


 

Being the sole daughter of a business conglomerate has its perks, one of them is the flexibility in coming to work. It's just her luck too that she got accepted at TD Entertainment after the grueling interview session by the Deparment Manager and her team leaders. Not that anyone ever cares because they all thought she got the job because of her father.

 

Which was partly true, in a way. 

 

Sana struts down to her office with her chin held high, unbothered by the judging stares she received by the staff. But before she can reach her cubicle, a certain intern blocks her way in the small corridor. Her lips stretched into a knowing smirk at the sight of the serious-looking woman who had been working at the company for a month. 

 

"May I help you, fellow intern?"

 

She purposely said in a flirty tone, fingers tracing the exposed collarbone. But the intern is undeterred, merely brushing off the naughty hand to the side.

 

"Manager-nim is expecting you in the meeting now." She said in hushed urgency.

 

"Hm, what about you?"

 

The intern raised an eyebrow, "What about me?"

 

"Aren't you waiting for me too?" Sana bites her lower lip as she plays with the top button of the baby blue blouse. She leans closer, their lips only a breath away when a booming voice interrupts her moment.

 

"Miss Sha, what are you doing to intern Nayeon?"

 

Sana turns to the approaching woman sporting nerdy eye-glasses and an apparent frown, looking cute and hot at the same time.

 

"Oh, nothing. Just greeting her a good morning." Sana pecks the intern on the cheek, earning a disgusted eye roll from the latter. Then she slips a hand around the frowning woman's waist. "Don't tell me you're jealous, Jihyo-ssi."

 

"As if." An amused chortle escaped Sana's lips from Jihyo's sassiness.

 

Oh, did she mention both her girlfriends work here too?

 

"Come on, we're already late."

 

"Aye aye, ma'am!" Sana drapes an arm over Jihyo's shoulders, earning her an annoyed groan as the latter shoves her hand away before storming off to the meeting room with Nayeon in tow.

 

Sana watches her girlfriends with an amused giggle, mirroring their pace as she joins the meeting already starting.


 

//


 

Sana makes a small celebratory dance when it's time for lunch, her stomach already growling to be fed. She closes the multiple tabs of shopee in the browser, in case she is caught by Myoui Manager-nim later, not that it will affect her or anything. 

 

She is the infamous Sha Rich; no one can simply mess with her.

 

She makes a beeline to the pantry area with a tupperware in her hand, courtesy of her neighbour’s kindness. She happily hums with the food in her hand, only for a squeak to escape from the sight that had greeted her; Nayeon feeding Jihyo a sandwich on plain view.

 

And they were roommates are mutual arch enemies, so what the hell she saw just now? 

 

“This is surprising.” Sana comments as she takes the opposite chair of the long table, eyes warily watching her girlfriends who acted like they didn’t just get caught. “Is the world ending today?”

 

Jihyo snorts, “The only world that’s ending is yours.” 

 

Touche, they’re still butthurt it seems. Sana merely smiles at that, having no intention to mess with the two engaging in a cold war with her. Instead, she opens the container she brought along, revealing a heap of delicious-looking food that screams 5-star cuisine all over.

 

“You bought that?”

 

“I didn’t.” She shrugs, glancing up at the oldest currently eyeing her food with intent. “Dahyun gave it to me.”

 

“Dahyun? Our neighbour Dahyun-ssi?” Jihyo asked with furrowed eyebrows, and Sana can discern the discomfort in her voice. She bites her lip to refrain from laughing at the obvious jealousy painted on their faces.

 

“Yes, she’s kind enough to leave food for me.” Sana shrugs, her lower lip jutting out in a mocking way. “Unlike the two people who live in my house.”

 

And suddenly the container was cast aside, replaced by a wrapped croissant sandwich and homemade kimbap. 

 

“Eat these first, they're still warm.”

 

Sana flashes a grin at the two currently stuffing their mouths with food, not sparing her a look. She takes the food anyway, muttering a small thank you as she joins the couple silently enjoying lunch.


 

//


 

Sana squints her tired eyes a few times, the bright monitor screen is making her eyeballs dry and strained. She’s solely watching fancams of the company’s boygroup artists to learn a thing or two of their attractions, but it’s already boring tiring enough for her. She stretches her arms upwards with a yawn, only to catch two heads huddled together in Jihyo's cubicle.

 

Her eyes squinted again, this time out of dismay. 

 

She couldn't believe her ears during the meeting earlier when Manager-nim suddenly assigned Nayeon to be under Jihyo’s wing for the upcoming project. Sure, Jihyo has the upperhand since she has been awarded the Staff of the Month ten times now to train the intern. But that doesn’t mean they can work together in a peaceful way, being known to bicker just by being in the same room.

 

Oh how wrong she was because this view right here, of Nayeon leaning against Jihyo’s side with an arm resting on the chair’s headrest is downright pissing her off.

 

Hence, she scans for the suitable candidate of her plan, her eyes falling on the other side of the cubicle. She travels to their side with her rolling chair, stealthily making her way through the busy people clacking on their keyboards before making a stop beside an unsuspecting staff.

 

“Mo Beom-ssi.”

 

The woman with straight cut hair and glassless spectacles makes a double take at the intruding appearance, only to cringe in disgust.

 

“Distancing, distancing!” She scolded, her hand spraying disinfectant on Sana’s side. “Practice social distancing!”

 

Sana coughs from the overbearing mist sprayed her way, before wearing a wide grin. “What are you doing?”

 

“Making this place cleaner.” Sana can feel their distance growing, Mo Beom’s feet slowly pushing the chair away. “And that includes you.”

 

“Yah, are you indicating that I’m dirty?”

 

She fixes her spectacles with a knowing glint in her eyes, “Yes.”

 

And that’s the cue for Sana to leave because apparently this OCD person is not interested in bonding with her. She can feel eyes on her, and when she turns around, she finds her girlfriends covering their mouths. It’s obvious they’re laughing at her from the shaking movement of their shoulders. 

 

However, she soon found another target, this time a perfect one as she rolled towards the designated table.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah!”

 

“Oh, Miss Sha!”

 

The small woman opens her arms, and Sana is quick to jump into her embrace, squealing loudly from the cute team leader. Then, she sees the glares directed to her, and Sana mentally cheers to herself for succeeding in infuriating her girlfriends more. However, she forgot that Chaeyoung has a light mouth, and soon she is engrossed with the eccentric woman’s newly found love life with a particular Momo (she’s confused whether it’s a real person or a fruit), unaware of the boss making rounds to their spot.

 

“Miss Sha! Manager-nim is coming!” 

 

Nayeon warns them as she passes their table, prompting Sana to move her chair away from the approaching Manager-nim. It seems like she couldn’t make it anyway, already preparing her speech as an excuse for her disappearance (as well as the chair). 

 

“Manager-nim, wait a minute!”

 

“Yes?”

 

Sana raises her head from Jihyo’s voice, the latter holding off the boss from reaching her table. At the same time, she was pushed by Nayeon across the cubicle, the intern is quick to pretend as if she is consulting Sana on an issue related to marketing. 

 

They let out a relieved breath when Miss Myoui went the other way, Sana flashing a grateful smile to her girlfriend.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Nayeon didn’t respond, her attention now falling on Sana’s monitor screen. She takes hold of the mouse, closing the current tab and opening a new one before typing something on the search column.

 

“This one is better.”

 

Sana narrows her eyes at the video of Na Yeon, a member of the nation’s girl group TeuWise who looks a lot similar to her girlfriend. She snorts, finding it cute that Nayeon can be jealous of the dancing boy group. However, her girlfriend had wordlessly left her table before Sana could .

 

Well, the blushing cheeks are already enough proof that she won .


 

//


 

There’s a specific arrangement of the couples when they’re watching the movies together. Sana would always come in between them (since they always bicker for the simplest little thing), snuggling in Jihyo’s welcoming arms as Nayeon would lay her head on Sana’s lap while fiddling with her phone. 

 

Hence, to see Nayeon and Jihyo sticking close to each other on the loveseat couch is a funny sight to see. Never had she imagined Jihyo would be the bigger spoon, an arm cradling Nayeon’s head while the other resting against the latter’s waist, fingers playing the Lovely plushy in Nayeon’s embrace. They look cute together, but Sana feels left out all of a sudden.

 

Because hugs and cuddles are Sana’s kryptonite.

 

“I want a cuddle too.”

 

She feels like talking to the wall because she is entirely ignored by her girlfriends, the two merely scooting closer with pleasant sighs; an insult to her already wounded pride. So she shoots out her infamous pout of misery, hoping it will at least gain her some sympathy. 

 

Instead, she was thrown the Lovely plushy to the face.

 

“Yah! What’s that for?”

 

“You wanted a cuddle.” Nayeon simply responds as Jihyo plants a kiss on her cheek, unbothered by Sana’s outburst. 

 

This is really getting on her nerves because Sana can’t function properly if she’s not getting the cuddle she deserves, especially from these two people she loves dearly. Her ego said to endure, resist the temptation. But her sanity is already at the lowest point, her body trembling for a human touch. 

 

And so, she decided to give in.

 

“Fine, we can have the babies .”

 

Immediately after she said that, the two shot up from the couch with jumps and screams of joy, pulling Sana into their little celebration. They squish her in the middle with a tight hug, leaving a peck on both sides of her cheeks. Sana squeals, fully recharged from the affectionate gestures she received.

 

“Let’s go now!”

 

Sana was so taken aback by Jihyo’s enthusiastic shout, she blurted out her question in her mother tongue instead, “W-Where?”

 

“To the animal shelter!”

 

“Ehh?”


 

//


 

Sana always likes walking along the Han River, but she loves it more when her girlfriends acompany her along, walking together side by side with connected hands as they bask in the beautiful scenery of brown autumn leaves and warm yellow sky.

 

However, she has no hands to hold now, not when her girlfriends are preoccupied with each of their babies; a pomeranian puppy and a british shorthair cat. 

 

“Aigoo, my boy is so handsome! Aren’t you, Kookeu? Agugugugu~”

 

“Bbuyo, look here! Over here, baby! Awww, you’re so cute!” 

 

Sana rolled her eyes from their exaggerated reaction to the animals now replacing her spot as Nayeon’s and Jihyo’s baby. She kicks a stray pebble like an abandoned shiba-inu, a frown visible on her face. 

 

Only to feel her cheeks wet from the abrupt kiss she received. She touches her reddening cheeks, the grinning faces of Nayeon and Jihyo appearing before her.

 

“Thank you for allowing us to keep them, Sana-ya!”

 

“You’re really the best, bestie!”

 

She squeaks when they both envelop her in a crushing hug, followed by a set of happy giggles. Sana leads a double life, but she never regrets any of it. Not when she is surrounded by her lovely girlfriends, with their cute little furry babies.

 

Nayeon suddenly points to a stall by the road. “Hey, wanna try their toast? I heard they’re good.”

 

“Eating again? Yah, you’re getting heavier since the last time I carried you.”

 

“W-What?” Nayeon widens her eyes, offended. “It wasn’t my fault, it’s the gravity!”

 

“Gravity? Pfft, you’re not even on Mars, Nayeon.”

 

Sana shakes her head with a fond smile at their bickering, before linking their arms together and leading them towards the lively gilgeori stall by the road… unaware of a tall woman hiding behind the viewfinder of her camera under a wilting cherry tree, the lens focuses on the vivacious polyamory couple before snapping a picture of them.

 

She checks the result, a satisfied smile forming on her face.

 

“Are you allowed to do that?”

 

“I’m not stalking them or anything.” Jeongyeon lifts her shoulder nonchalantly, inspecting the still pictures on her camera when a chin suddenly rested on her right shoulder.

 

“Is it nice?”

 

She raised the camera closer to the beautiful face, smiling at the creasing forehead with concentrated doe eyes examining the picture of the women walking their pets just now. 

 

“Stop frowning.” She pecks the model’s cheek, earning a blushing smile and a muffled squeal. She grabs the taller’s hand, pulling the latter to her side as they start walking, hand in hand.

 

“Aren’t you worried?”

 

Well, she did before, of the public's eyes and Tzuyu's model career being affected. But not anymore, because she believes everyone deserves to be loved, no matter the gender, religion, profession... just like the eccentric office worker falling in love with a self-professed "best in Seoul" toast seller, or the boss lady living a sweet married life with her dorky "tofu" of a loving wife, or the polyamory relationship between the "rich daughter", the nerdy Staff of the Month and the new "bunny" intern staying harmoniously under one roof.

 

Indeed, there's nothing wrong in cherishing "love" your own way; Tzuyu taught her that.

 

“No.” Jeongyeon replied, before leaving a chaste kiss on Tzuyu’s hand. “Not when you’re here with me.”