Chapter 2

Her Guardian Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

Soyeon hummed as she sorted the papers before taking a sip of her iced coffee that sat neglected in the corner of her desk. She frowned as she swallowed her watery coffee. The ice had melted by the time she had taken a sip, rendering the coffee to the taste of water. Tossing the cup into the trash can she stretched her arms above her head as she yawned.

"I wish I had your work ethic and concentration." Her coworker, Kim Nara, said wistfully from her spot across from Soyeon. "Then I could also enjoy a peaceful lunch and laze around all afternoon."

SUGA Corpration was a well-known company catering to the wealthy. It used to be known as Min Bank before being bought out and re-branded to SUGA. Aside from banking, the company owned several buildings, commercial and residential, backed several startup companies that had grown into well-known businesses and was beginning to venture into the e-sports space. SUGA Corporation was the place everyone wanted to be after they graduated college. Once you got into SUGA Corporation, you were set for life.

During Soyeon's first year, she was handed the newest model of a macbook pro, a pair of airpods, a company iphone and an official SUGA Corporation bag. SUGA Corporation was generous with their vacation days and flexible work hours. In addition, the ten floor building that their employees worked out of had free snacks and drinks on every floor, a gym on the 3rd floor and a cafeteria on the 5th floor. Rarely, did anyone leave SUGA Corporation nor have there been any firings. SUGA Corporation only hired the best of the best.

However, no one in the company except for the ones on the board had even met the infamous CEO in person. His picture was plastered on the 1st floor and the websites. News articles released an update on him every week, however, no one had come face to face with the 31

Please log in to read the full chapter