Chapter 1

Her Guardian Angel
Please log in to read the full chapter

Saturday was the day where many people would be sleeping in until noon and relaxing after a busy work week. However, Han Soyeon was already wide awake when the clock struck 9AM. If anyone had asked, she would have re-assured them with her standard "I slept in by 1 hour!". Although Soyeon was awake, given that her schedule was mostly empty for the day, she would opt to remain in bed until the last possible moment.

When 10AM had rolled around, Soyeon decided that she had scrolled enough on Instagram and begrudgingly lifted away her blankets and stepped into her pink slippers that sat at her bedside. Stretching her arms and yawning, she padded over to her floor to ceiling window and pressed the button that slowly moved the curtains away to reveal the city. She had definitely lucked out when hunting for apartments to reside in. This one was a gift from heaven. The location was excellent, right in the middle of the city's hustle and bustle. She lived on the 20th floor which gave her the sprawling view she was staring at currently. Finally, the renting office had only asked for a security deposit and first month's rent. 

At first she was a bit skeptical, she had researched this apartment building and knew it was one of the best but also one of the most expensive. Even with her generous salary, she wouldn't have been able to afford the rent. But the renting office was persistent and offered her a lower rent and utilities covered. Their reasoning was they had an agreement with the city that they would rent out a couple of apartments below market value for a tax deduction. She didn't understand the tax phrases the renting office had used but she quickly signed the lease before they could change their mind.

The other perk of the apartment was due to the large size and floor to ceiling windows, her bedroom was separated from the other parts of the apartment and resided on the second floor with an ensuite bathroom complete with a washer and dryer. Her own washer and dryer made doing laundry relaxing and no longer a chore. She wrinkled her nose as she remembered having to lug her dirty laundry into the streets and then walk three blocks for the nearest laundrymat. 

Stepping out of her bathroom and walking down the stairs, she frowned as she peered into her nearly empty fridge. While waiting for her toast to heat up, she cut up the other half of her avocado before placing the slices delicately on her newly fried egg. Once her bread finished toasting she plopped both on top and took a huge bite just as her phone rang.

"Hello." She mumbled as she munched on her toast, savouring how good it tasted as her stomach finally stopped grumbling.

"You wanna hang out today?" The voice of her best friend, Shin Soojin, asked from the other end. Soyeon could hear the barking of Soojin's dog in the background almost being drowned out by the tv.

"If you promise to go grocery shopping with me, I'm down to hanging out beforehand. I actually have nothing in my fridge."

Please log in to read the full chapter