CHAPTER 3

Matching With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please wear some makeup” Bom told me.

 

“I thought you’re sick? Why are you up this early?” I asked her, I just finished taking a bath and it’s already 5:15AM.

 

“I need to see if you’re presentable” 

 

“I’m not stupid, Bom. I’ll wear something presentable. I scanned my closet and took my black pants and shirt out.

 

“Nope, that’s not presentable”  Bom shoved me aside and scanned through my closet. She took out a black dress. “Here, wear this.”

 

“I thought it's just a meeting? And why do I need to dress formally?”

 

“Because he’s the CEO of my company!” She exclaimed and I just did what I was told. The black dress fell just above my knee. Bom also gave me the black heels to partner it  up with the dress.

 

“There. You look presentable.”

 

“I should get going then” I  told her and grabbed my purse.

 

“No! Let me fix your hair”  She grabbed me and made me sit down.

 

“Seriously, Bommie? Am I going on a date?”

 

She just rolled her eyes at me and applied light make up on my face, curled the ends of my hair and I’m done.

 

“It’s almost 6AM.” 

 

“Yeah, go now. I booked a taxi for you. It’s paid already so you don’t have to pay for it” She grinned at me. “Please don’t be intimidated by my boss. He’s a good person, he just looks scary”

 

“Coming from the secretary who seldom sees her boss.” 

 

I rode the taxi and grabbed my phone on my purse. I sent a message to GD just in case he messages me while I’m in the meeting.

 

Dara: I’m attending a business meeting for a friend. You might send a message and I might not be able to reply. Good morning.

 

GD: A meeting? 

 

I was shocked he replied, it’s too early in the morning

 

Dara: yeah, with Kwon Enterprises’ CEO. I’m attending for my best friend since she’s sick.

 

10 minutes have passed, it’s already 6AM. GD hasn’t replied. I arrived at the restaurant and blew some air before entering. I have an idea how he looked like since his face is plastered all over Seoul. He looks pretty intimidating in magazines, what more in person? I felt nervous, I think I’m gonna throw up.

 

The moment I entered  the restaurant, I saw him sipping his coffee. I sighed and walked towards his table. Bom did tell me that she informed him about her not being able to attend the said meeting and me going in her place.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Kwon” I bowed.

 

“Please take a seat.” 

 

I sat in front of him and noticed the coffee in front of me. I looked at him and he smiled.

 

“I ordered coffee for you, I hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Oh, its okay. Mr. Kwon. Thank you”

 

“So, Ms. Park Bom is your sister?”  He sipped his coffee while looking at me. He was wearing a suit and tie. Bom was right, the magazines didn’t give him justice, he’s much more good looking in person. He has a tattoo on his nape, wasn’t able to take a good look at it, all I know is that the tattoo has wings, he also has a tattoo on his side neck, roman numerals, I wonder what it means.

 

“No, we’re best friends. We just happen to have the same last name” I answered.

 

“Well, Park is a common surname in Korea.” He smiled. And I thought my underwear fell. “What do you do, Ms. Park?”

 

“I’m a law student” I answered. Why was he asking me this questions? I thought I’ll just listen to him give knowledge about Choi Enterprises.

 

“How old are you?” He asked.

 

“I thought we’ll talk about Choi Enterprises?” I asked. He smirked at me.

 

“I need to know something about the person I’m talking to, Ms. Park.”

 

“I’m 24 and you can just call me Dara.”

 

“Hmm, well then, Ms. Dara. Should I start briefing you about Choi Enterprises?”

 

“Please do” I nodded and took out the pen and notebook Bom gave me. 

 

He looked serious all throughout when he was talking, he would stop in between and ask me if I’m keeping up, If I get what he’s talking about. Apparently, Choi Enterprises is his best friend’s company. Choi Seunghyun, but people know him as Top. I can’t wait to tell Bom.

 

“Did you get everything?” He asked. 

 

I glanced at the clock and noticed he briefed me for a good 45 minutes. Wow, being a secretary sure is hard.

 

“Yes, Mr. Kwon” I nodded.

 

“Hmm, have you eaten?” He suddenly asked caughting me off guard.

 

“Not yet.” I answered.

 

He raised his hand, motioning the waiter to go in our table, I heard him ask for the menu and seconds after that, the waiter gave us the menu.

 

“Uhm, There’s really no need---”

 

“It’s okay, Ms. Dara. I haven’t eaten breakfast too. You can eat with me”

 

I just nodded at him, loss for words. He looks really intimidating, I looked at my entwined hands on my lap, too nervous to look at him.

 

“Are you nervous?”

 

I looked up at him and he’s smiling at me. 

 

“I.. uhh.. I’m good, Mr. Kwon” 

 

“Please do tell me something about yourself.” 

 

“There’s really nothing to say” God, I’m so awkward. How did my day go from covering for Bom to having a breakfast date with Korea’s TOP CEO.

 

“Law school. It’s good that you have the time to cover for your friend” 

 

“It’s my rest day today, I have work later though”

 

“What’s your work, Ms. Dara?”

 

“Please.. Just call me Dara.” I told him. He was still scanning the menu. “I work in a bar, it's a decent bar. YG Republique.”

 

“YG Republique.. Hmm.” He nodded. “What would you like to have?”

 

“Anything. I’m good. I’m actually not hungry”

 

He looked at me briefly before calling the waiter again. He kind of ordered a lot. I didn’t even know what to say anymore. 

 

“So what’s your work in YG Republique, Dara?”

 

“A waitress” I answered, while looking at the food in front of me. This looks so expensive! How do I pay for this? “Uhm, I didn’t really bring the money for this---”

 

“It’s my treat. Eat up”

 

I just looked at him and he nodded, urging me to eat. 

 

“A waitress.” He said, drinking on his newly served iced tea. “What do you think of working for Kwon Enterprises, Dara?”

 

I almost choked on the sandwich I’m eating when I heard him ask the question. I looked at him quizzically and cleared my throat.

 

“Uhm, Since I study in the morning… I can’t really work full time on an office based company” I explained. God, please don’t stare at me like that, Mr. Kwon.

 

“I see. Isn’t drinking bars dangerous for a pretty woman like you?”

 

Did I just hear him right?

 

“Uhh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter