Fin~

The One That Got Away (Mihyun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

 

 

That was a very hot summer after high school when Mina and Dahyun met. It was through their circle of friends. Everyone has their own partner except for the two. That same day, all of their friends agreed to push the two to one another and told them later on why not try and date each other so they wouldn’t be alone and for them to live the life they are missing. Both were shy at first, but as time passed by, they became closer.

 

 

 

Every free time they had, they always had their little dates. They do update one another, messages and calls every evening. Typical things that couples do. Even their own friends cannot separate the two even just for a day. Until one night, Dahyun decided to pop the question. That led them to be the celebrity couple of their university, everyone looked up to their relationship and that includes their friends too. They admire how calm both are with handling their relationship and how loving the two are.

 

 

 

After they graduated, the two got engaged right away. Dahyun has to leave and go abroad for their company and she don’t want to let go of Mina. It was also their promise, that they’ll get married once Dahyun came back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun’s POV

 

 

 

 

I miss her, my one and only. It’s been a while since we last talked but I can’t really demand or be mad at her. It is my decision to leave our home country, until I got extended from the initial plan of staying here. Whenever I’m trying to call at home, they say she’s busy with work or fast asleep. I just hope I can do something, but I am currently powerless. If I would want to pursue and give her the best life she deserves, I have to work harder so I can go back home to her side as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

While laying down, I tried to remember those times, those memories we have. The way we’ll sneak out from her house, drink and make out. How we have carefully planned our future together even though we just got together. Many say, when you are young, you tend to make mistakes in your life that you’ll regret in the end. But I don’t, I don’t regret finding her and falling in love with her harder than what I have thought. I don’t regret the tattoo we both had when I turned 18. I got her name tattooed in an arrow heart and she has my name too, without thinking twice of what will be the consequence of it. Not caring if our parents will be mad once they see it. I don’t ever plan of losing her, that’s what I told myself the day I realized I love her more than just a friend.

 

 

 

 

She was there beside me both on my lowest and highest. That time where I felt like my world was crumbling down, I pushed her away, got addicted to alcohol but Mina, she never made me feel I’m suffering alone. She stayed until she finally convinced me to change and go back to the old me, that it is not too late. I hope she still remembers the pact that we made, that I was her Johnny Cash and she’s my June, never one without the other.

 

 

 

 

A lone tear left my eye as I started drifting to sleep.

 

 

 

I can’t wait for the day that I’ll marry you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Little did Dahyun know, while she was away, something happened to Mina.

 

 

 

She was kidnapped and got beaten to death. Being the only daughter of the richest man of their country sure has its disadvantage. She was a carefree person, no matter how her parents insisted for her to get bodyguards, she’s just ignoring it. Until that incident happened.

 

 

 

 

 

But, luckily, Chaeyoung was able to find and save her before it’s gotten too late. It’s just that the head injury that Mina received was worse making her fall into coma for a couple of months. All of them felt so happy when she finally opened her eyes, excluding Dahyun who knew nothing. Dahyun’s parents prevented their friends to tell her what happened. It reached to the point where they even threatened them.

 

 

 

 

After a couple more weeks, Mina got discharged. Some of her memories were gone, some got mixed up. Her parents and friends had their talk with her Doctor and they were advised that it is because of the brain trauma that she had suffered from. In the first week after she woke up, no one can go near her except Chaeyoung. They can only watch her from afar, while each one of them blames theirselves for what happened. They could have prevented it, if they only continued checking up on her. But who are we kidding? Adulting is really hard, that sometimes you will lose time and be unable to do those things you were able to do before. Mina was soon diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The cause? No other than the kidnapping and what she have experienced while she was locked up.

 

 

 

 

A couple of weeks more, Mina can’t still recall in detail those memories that flashes through her mind. She sometimes dreams of a certain girl, they were laughing, travelling and the such but even though she kept on seeing that girl, her face was sometimes blurred or covered with shadows. She just assumed it was Chaeyoung by the looks of her, as the two has the same body built and by how the latter takes care of her.

 

 

 

 

Mina’s family didn’t know about Dahyun’s existence in her life as her fiancé. They both agreed to let her parents know once she’s back so they can finally plan their wedding. But she’s stubborn enough to tell her parents that she’s already engaged with someone else and that someone’s identity will soon be known.

 

 

 

 

 

The day her parents arrived at the hospital, they thought Chaeyoung was the one. The way she looks at their only daughter, how she takes care of her and since Mina kept on calling her love and insists that they are in a relationship. They can only feel their heart being shattered into pieces as they watch the two interact. They want to share the pain that Chaeyoung currently feels, but they didn’t have a chance as Mina kept on locking her up with her inside her room.

 

 

 

 

Dahyun on the other hand, she kept trying as she’s already starts to worry about Mina. Something deep inside her tells her that something bad may have happened, but she’s not just entertaining it. Deep down, she is afraid, afraid that she might be correct, afraid that she won’t be able to forgive herself if that is true. But, what if she’s wrong? She don’t want to attract negativity into their lives. But still, she’s getting the same answer from her parents.

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun’s parents hid it to her, as they kept on telling her lies. Both were afraid that she will go rampage and rush everything to go home which will affect their business. They cannot risk losing it the second time, they know, they know that they can only rely to their oldest to run it and prevent it from failing again. They cannot afford being drowned in debt, they cannot a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter