One

Who are you?

She's just a girl and she's on fire

Hotter than a fantasy, lonely like a highway

She's living in a world and it's on fire

Filled with catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away

— Girl on Fire, Alicia Keys

 

 

“44 kg, you need to diet” said the lady in the corner panel. “Next!”

 

The day went by and soon, it was midnight. “Okay. That's the monthly evaluation. We've seen others progress and some needs to take more training. We'll call the ones who needs more tomorrow.” said by the same lady from the panel this afternoon. 

 

“How did it went for you?” a cute cracking voice from behind said, with a bit of an Australian accent. Unfortunately, the person the voice is calling is starring blankly at the floor, “Sky??”

 

Sky looked up and exclaimed “Chris!”, a little bit panic looking. “I asked you, how'd it went?”, still Sky was having unsettling feeling and about to respond “it-”

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

 

The sound of alarm woke Sky up. 5:40 am. ‘Great. Just great.’ Sky thought. What a dream she had, that was when 2012? Sky rarely dreams about her life in Korea but when she does it sure brings lots of nostalgia.

 

Skylar Choi. Sky for short. 21. Female. 173 cm. Postgraduate student at Brisbane University. Nationality, German-Australian. Ethnicity, Eurasian. Green-Hazel almond eyes. Soft, brown wavy shoulder length hair. And lazy, well just today.

 

The dream she had before waking up was weird. Sky remembers the dream so vividly. The faxt that she hasn't dreamt of Korea in the last six years, was weird. Or maybe it's because she's missing her grandparents after 18 months of being in Germany. Thank you corona (virus) for locking everyone in their homes. Sky got stuck with her mom in Germany, the plan was to only stay with her for 2 months like always but because of the pandemic. Her dad was in Taiwan, because of work and only been communicating with them through video calls.

 

Now that she's vaccinated, she can finally go back to Australia. And go back to her routine. All the while, because she got stuck in Germany, Sky was forced to take a gap year. Thankfully, her postgraduate status still applies for a grad school because of the pandemic but she thinks she needs a refresher course before actually starting grad school. 

 

Meanwhile in Korea...

“No, I need you to call her and asked for her presence, she wrote 21 songs. Most are hardship but I'm curious of this unrequited feelings songs. I only approved of 9. But I can change that. Just bring her in Korea.” a man wearing a black skintight jeans and extravagant top with high pitched voice told his secretary.

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

“Haneul, I bought you a ticket to Korea. You must go down here. See you soon.” before ‘Haneul’ could even answer back, the lady on the other line hung up. 

 

 

-----

DISCLAIMER: Any resemblance to real persons or other real-life entities is purely coincidental. All characters and other entities appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, dead or alive, or other real-life entities, past or present, is purely coincidental. The use of NCT, SKZ, JYP, SME, other idols & their respective companies are featured purely out of imagination of the author and NOT based on their actual being.