Sixth Year

Cosmos

Tres

 

•••

Jaebeom and Jackson stood opposite of each other, glaring. Their lips moved as they spoke mutely, but somehow, it looks like Jaebeom was shouting and Jackson was on the calmer side. But at one point, Jackson’s eyebrows furrowed and his veins by his neck starts popping out a bit as he spoke. Jaebeom retorts at him, countering whatever argument he had thrown at him. Jackson sighs, eyes closing and the first tear falls.

His shoulders slumped and he opened his eyes again to look at the older, pleading, sad, and desperate. He mumbles something, Jaebeom chuckles and shakes his head. Jackson approaches him cautiously and reaches a hand to hold his arm. But before his fingertips can even touch his robes, Jaebeom stepped back from him and turned away, leaving him crying silently to himself in the middle of the hallway. He bites down on his lip, hard, and clenches his fists tightly.

 

•••

Yoongi opens his eyes and does his usual morning routine since he started having insights into the future. He stopped writing to Professor Lupin when he got his letter, deciding to let the teacher rest and just give him monthly updates, or if he sends him a letter. He still goes to the owlery, just because he knows Hoseok would go there. Even with his visions, he sees all his friends having nice chemistry with the others and he wonders if it’s really the future he keeps on seeing.

Hoseok had arrived as he was wondering about that. The Hufflepuff smiled softly at him and told him to trust himself more than anything, and he does. Then he loudly wonders if ever he’ll see them both in his dreams and if they’ll be fighting like the other pairs. Hoseok says he won’t say it won’t happen, but if it does, then it does. He promises to stay by his side even after the fight. Yoongi pleads him not to promise anything, Hoseok insists.

They go to the Great Hall when the sunlight entered the owlery. They find all their friends at one table, noisy as ever. They see six of them wearing Quidditch robes and they remember it was Saturday, Quidditch day. Today’s match was Slytherin against Ravenclaw. Jinyoung and Bambam tried out for beaters, just like Bambam said, and they got in. Jungkook also got the seeker position in his team. Mark and Jaehyung were the original undefeated duo, their opponents finding it hard to play against them.

“Jungkook, take it easy on me, will you?” Ilhyun looks at the Ravenclaw.

“What do you mean, take it easy on you?! You’ve been a seeker since last year! This is my first game, you take it easy on me!” Jungkook continuously whined.

“Yah,” Jaehyung points at the two beaters. “We’re friends here, on and off the Pitch, okay?”

“You’re speaking to Slytherins, oppa, do you think that’s how you should talk?” Ilhyun raised a brow at him.

“You’re speaking to a senior, do you think that’s how you should talk?” Jaehyung rebuts.

“Oh, you’re right, my apologies, ahjussi,” Ilhyun bows mockingly.

Jaehyung squints his eyes at her. Chan grabs Ilhyun by her robes and drags her out of the Hall. Everyone frowned.

“Now, where is he taking her?” Seokjin mumbled.

“Why?” Jaebeom asked.

“Last year, in his debut game, Ilhyun dragged him out too,” answers Youngjae. “By his robes.”

They look at each other suggestively and Yoongi rolled his eyes, “They’re probably just giving each other tips or something.”

“Oh, so Chan is going against us?” Mark chuckles.

“It is ing on!” Jaehyung cheers as he hi-fives Mark.

Meanwhile, Chan drags Ilhyun around the castle. Ilhyun lets him, looking at him occasionally. Chan stops in the middle of some hallway and then faces her. Ilhyun blinked.

“I only brought you to the nearest empty classroom when I dragged you out. Why did you bring me here?” Ilhyun says.

Chan giggles and scratches his head, “Sorry. I just…”

Ilhyun accios her broom and Chan dodges it when it flew past him from somewhere. Ilhyun holds onto it, wrapping her arm around the stick. She nods at him.

“Um, I wanted to repay you from last year, but I don’t really have anything to tell you,” Chan mumbled. “Good luck, I guess?”

Ilhyun blinks and puts her weight on one foot, lacing her fingers together as she stared at the Gryffindor in front of him. Chan avoids her eyes, shy and embarrassed. His ears turned red as he shuffled on his feet under her gaze. Ilhyun smirks and Chan’s heart flips. That was the first time he saw her smirk genuinely.

She always held a stoic expression or smirking emptily, so seeing that was like an achievement for him. Chan realizes she’s passionate about Quidditch, seeing how her eyes sparkled for once. Chan only nods, smiling. They go to the Pitch then. They part ways, Chan heading for the stands and Ilhyun heading for her team base. Their captain briefs them of their plan and she reminds them to keep scoring as much as they can.

They fly out after that. Ilhyun scans the crowd and spots Chan looking up at her with a soft smile. And she incidentally enters his mind.

“Show me what you got,” Chan challenges, nodding a bit at her.

Ilhyun chuckled, grinning for a split second before turning away as the game starts. Chan’s stomach dropped. That was two out of his list. He watched Ilhyun fly around for a few seconds before she stops by the side, watching all players fly around. Jungkook stayed high up, looking around occasionally as he watches. Mark scores the first point in the game.

Jinyoung goes towards a Ravenclaw chaser and flies alongside him. Bambam hits the bludger towards him, laughing. Jinyoung watches the bludger go towards them and flies up to dodge the knocked-out Ravenclaw when it hit him. Jinyoung felt bad, but he grins when he catches Bambam flying with one of the beaters, making faces at him. Jinyoung finds the bludger and hits it towards him with a scowl. It hits the beater’s stomach, knocking him out, and Bambam flies around.

Chan looks back up at Ilhyun and sees her now watching Mark and Jaehyung. Mark takes the quaffle after a Slytherin chaser earned a point. And they split, Mark flying along one side of the pitch and Jaehyung on the opposite, just on par with him. Mark encounters a Slytherin chaser and he passes to Jaehyung. Jaehyung flies to his left, towards the quaffle when a Slytherin comes against him. He flies past the chaser and then throws the quaffle back towards Mark. Mark grins and hits the quaffle to the hoops with the tail of his broom.

“Jinyoung, Bambam! We’re not done yet!” Jaehyung shouts, Ravenclaws cheer.

Chan solely watches Ilhyun. The Slytherin seeker then shuffles her feet onto her broom’s footrest before leaning forward and zooming around the Pitch, sometimes flying up only to dive down nearly to the ground. It had the audience on their feet every time she flies down. Chan sees the other seeker frown in confusion.

“What is she doing? Isn’t she getting dizzy? She’s flying so fast,” Jungkook mutters.

Sungjin nudges Chan and the younger looks at him to see him smirking. He nods to the game, “Ilhyun’s a flyer like you. Who knew?”

“What does that mean?” Chan blinks.

Sungjin smiles, “Kang Bra once told me she told him that you’re an excellent flyer.”

“Really? She said that?” Chan tilts his head.

Sungjin chuckles as he raises a brow at him, “What, Ilhyun didn’t tell you?”

Chan shakes his head, “She only warned me about you, and how I should be looking for the Snitch already two minutes in.”

Sungjin nods, “Well, you’re a flyer, too.”

Chan stares at him for a second longer before watching again. Ilhyun zooms around for a few more seconds until she stops suddenly, hand above her head. And in her hand was the Snitch. The commentator calls the end of the game, Slytherin taking the win. Chan gapes at the celebrating house.

Jaehyung and Mark stop in wonder, confused when the Slytherins start cheering. And then they see Ilhyun swooping down to the field and letting the Snitch go, it just floating in front of her. Her teammates hover above her as they cheer as well.

Jungkook joins them, pouting, “I didn’t even know she was chasing the Snitch already.”

Mark smiles at him and cheers him up. They watch Ilhyun walk towards the exit of the Pitch and they follow. They had gathered in the classroom again after the game, but Ilhyun and Chan weren’t there.

“Have you seen her, Jinyoung? Bambam?” questions Sungjin and frown when both shook their heads.

“She came in the dorms before us. We didn’t see her when we came out and we waited for a few minutes,” Jinyoung says.

“The house is celebrating, too, but she’s not there,” Bambam adds.

“How can you say she’s not there?” Mark asks.

“I roamed around,” Bambam simply replies.

“Plus, Ilhyun doesn’t like parties unless it’s around us. And she doesn’t know a lot from our house,” Yoongi spoke up.

“What about Chan? Has anyone seen him?” Brian inquires.

“I think I saw Chan dragging Ilhyun somewhere again. She just left their dorms that time, I think, and Chan was waiting for her in the hallway leading here,” Jungkook said. “I only got a second of their back.”

Brian frowned, Sungjin holds his shoulder and squeezes it, assuring him they’re both fine. Ilhyun and Chan were at the Wooden Bridge. They were just standing there, Chan leaning forward to the railing and Ilhyun leaning back to it, arms crossed. The wind blows pretty often there so Ilhyun likes to stay there in her free time. Chan found her there one time, but at that time, they weren’t friends yet. Chan had dragged her there, knowing she’d want to relax for a few minutes as she was tired, before joining their group later.

“I’m gonna be honest, I thought you were out of your mind earlier,” Chan looks at her. “Aren’t you dizzy, though?”

Ilhyun smirks softly, Chan’s insides warm up, “No. It’s just something I do to take everyone’s attention off me. It makes them watch the other players, the other seeker wouldn’t know I’m already chasing the Snitch.”

“You’re good. I might try that sometime but they might already know what I’m doing,” Chan chuckles, Ilhyun looks ahead as the wind blew.

“Yah, Ilhyun,” Chan’s tone and voice changed into a soft one. Ilhyun hums. “Why do you always have a stoic expression?”

Ilhyun looks at him, blinking.

“I’ve only seen you smirk, most of the time it’s even mockingly. I only saw you grin once earlier but it disappeared after a split second. Why aren’t you smiling?” Chan asks.

“Because when I smile, I tend to relax too much, release tension too much. And my powers tend to control me more than I should control them. When I was younger, I remember I was a happy kid. But when my powers had gathered, I ceased to be happy since too much of my feelings release just as much, or more, of my powers,” Ilhyun explained.

Chan frowns a bit, “But do you want to be happy?”

Ilhyun chuckled a bit, looking away, “Who doesn’t want to be happy? Even if the reason for them to be happy is dark, one still wants to be happy.”

Chan smiles a bit, “You can be happy with me.”

Ilhyun looks back at him, “Me being happy doesn’t mean my powers would be all positive. It can still be destructive.”

“It’s okay. I’ll help you control it. That’s why Professor Dumbledore put you up with me instead of Sungjin hyung,” Chan says.

“I’m still wondering why you agreed.”

Chan shrugs, “You’re my friend, why not? And I’ve always been taught that Slytherins aren’t all dark. In fact, they can be the truest friends you can find. If you managed to truly befriend a Slytherin, they’ll be with you until the end. Don’t you think it’s a win-win? You’ll be able to control your powers as I will help you, as well as be happy. As for me, I gain a true friend!”

Ilhyun kept quiet.

Chan frowns then, “You’ll be my friend, right?”

Ilhyun chuckles a bit and nods. Chan cheers and hugs her sideways for a bit.

“You know, I didn’t actually control my powers,” Chan suddenly says as he walks away from her.

Ilhyun follows him and Chan slows down to walk alongside her.

“When I was a kid, my parents told me to let it run loose. We had this transparent room in our house before. They used that to let my powers go about while they monitor me outside the room. It’s magical so it contains my powers in the room. I let it run loose until it loses its power to wreak havoc until it decides to just settle in me. It’s like it has its own mind. And I let it go until it got tired and decides to obey me or something,” Chan explains.

Ilhyun still keeps quiet.

“But I don’t know if that’s the case with you. I think not. I think yours is more of like wreaking havoc and until it truly destroys or hurts someone only will you be able to control it,” Chan wonders. “Professor Dumbledore knows about your powers and he thinks it just needs something that you treasure nearby to keep it in line. Only then will you be able to know your full capabilities, and only then will you be able to control it.”

“So that’s why they had me join the group? They think I wouldn’t want to hurt anyone because I treasure them?” Ilhyun says.

Chan looks at her as he s his hands in his pockets, “Don’t you? Because I do. I think the whole group’s bond is strong enough that we’ll overcome any obstacles if we’re together. Do you treasure them? Who do you consider as your friend, first? Because you may haven’t adjusted to the others.”

Ilhyun sighed, “Of course, I consider them as my friends.”

Chan smiled, “See? It makes sense.”

“You have to be my closest friend,” Ilhyun says. “Because I don’t like being with someone talkative when I relax and you’re the only one keeping this conversation alive but I don’t find myself stopping you.”

Chan giggles, “I’m sorry.”

Ilhyun shrugged, “It’s fine.”

“So why are you always quiet?” Chan turns around and walks backward to look at her.

“I don’t talk when I’m uncomfortable or when I’m with someone I don’t usually hang out with,” Ilhyun answers. “I’d rather have the other starting the conversation.”

“Ah,” Chan nods. “So you’re more of an introvert.”

“Yeah, seems about right,” Ilhyun smiles a bit.

“Oh, you’re smiling! That’s so pretty!” Chan beams and her smile disappears quickly.

Chan giggles again. They reach the classroom and Chan opens the door while grinning. Everyone turns to look and then simultaneously acknowledged their arrival. Chan and Ilhyun sat at their usual seat as everyone throw them questions about their whereabouts.

“I hate that I can’t read Ilhyun’s mind but she can read mine any time she wants. And I have been an accomplished Occlumens since I was a kid!” Sungjin complains.

“How come? Ilhyun’s not an Occlumens, though?” Jaehyung tilts his head.

Sungjin shrugs and squints his eyes at Ilhyun, “I don’t know, but I can’t get in her mind.”

Ilhyun smirks, “I can let you read my mind.”

“Really?” Sungjin beams.

“But I won’t.”

The rest of them laughed, while Sungjin pouts and glares at her. Brian watches him as he laughs as well, finding the older cute as usual. But it hurt him a bit to see the sparkle in his eyes disappear when Ilhyun refused. Brian turns to Ilhyun.

“You’re terrible,” Brian says, Ilhyun keeps her smirk.


 

Amor

“Namjoon,” whispers Jackson. “What do you think is in that cauldron?”

Namjoon shrugs, not even sparing the cauldron a glance. Jackson whines quietly beside him, feet stomping softly against the ground.

“You didn’t even look at it,” Jaebeom chuckles.

“It’s pink,” says Jinyoung.

“It smells good, too,” Wonpil inhales. “Smells like Sungjin hyung.”

They look weirdly at him and he giggles, “Really! And roses.”

“It smells like Yoongi hyung,” Hoseok says.

“How — “ Jaebeom furrows his brows and was cut off when the door opened.

Slughorn enters, enthusiastic, “Well, it’s good to see everyone is here! So, let’s start!”

He grabs the handle of the cover of the cauldron and takes it off, letting the pink-colored aroma out.

“Can anyone tell me what this is?” Slughorn asks. Namjoon raises his hand. “Yes, Mr…?”

“Kim, Professor,” Namjoon finishes. “It’s an Amortentia, or love potion, the strongest in the world at that. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and its steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them.”

“Correct! Ten points to Gryffindor!” Slughorn says. “Powerful infatuations can be induced by the skillful potioneer, but never yet has anyone managed to create the truly unbreakable, eternal, unconditional attachment that alone can be called — “

“Love,” Namjoon finishes.

“Right,” Slughorn nods. “Now, Mr. Kim, if you may step up and tell us what the potion smells like to you.”

Namjoon obeys and stands in front of the cauldron. He watches the steam rise before he inhales slowly.

“I smell… freshly cooked food, and… fresh air,” Namjoon mumbles.

He stops, thinking the scent smells familiar. And then it dawns on him, the gears of his brain moving as he processes what was happening. He gulps and steps back, bumping with the ladies who were drawn by the potion’s smell. Slughorn closes the lid of the cauldron.

“However, Amortentia is not what we are brewing today,” Slughorn declares. “No — today, we will be making the Draught of the Living Dead. Considering the complexity of the potion, I do not expect a perfect output from anyone. However, the one who brews the potion the most decently gets this as a reward.”

“What’s that?” Hoseok tilts his head at the small vial in the teacher’s hand.

“This is Felix Felicis,” says Slughorn. “Also known as — “

“Liquid Luck,” mumbles Namjoon.

“Right you are again, Mr. Kim! The one who brews the potion the most decently gets this,” Slughorn repeats. “You can start.”

They separate, going to their own cauldron and standing in front of it. They open their textbooks and Jinyoung frowns at the book that Bambam had lent him. He had scribbled on it, notes at every page. Jinyoung squints his eyes and leans closer to read the younger Slytherin’s penmanship and rolling his eyes after.

“Bambam, you brat,” Jinyoung sighed, deciding to follow his notes.

He didn’t know if those were relevant, but as much as he hates to admit it, he trusts Bambam. So he followed his notes. An hour later, Slughorn goes around to check their output. He puts a leaf into the cauldron to check the condition of the potion. He goes to Jinyoung and the boy gets nervous. He watches the leaf slowly fall onto the liquid and then disintegrate.

“Oh, a perfectly brewed Draught of Living Dead! Well done! What’s your name, boy?” Slughorn beams.

“Jinyoung, sir. Park Jinyoung,” he replies.

Slughorn drags him to the front and his classmates congratulate him, Jaebeom giving him a thumb up as he smiles proudly. Jackson claps together with Wonpil, Namjoon, and Hoseok, the Hufflepuff cheering lowly and happily. Slughorn presents him the Felix Felicis, telling him to use it wisely. Jinyoung takes it, nodding, although he doesn’t know where he should use it for.


 

Who’s Felix?

“Yah, Bambam,” Jinyoung calls as he and his classmates enter their classroom.

“What? I didn’t do anything,” Bambam mumbles.

“No, you brat,” Jinyoung sits beside him and he flinches away from him.

Yugyeom looked at them, frowning in wonder.

“Yah, guess what,” Hoseok grins as he sits on his chair. “Jinyoung has Felix.”

“Felix? Who’s Felix?” Yugyeom blinks.

“Not who, you idiot. What,” Jinyoung pulls the vial from his pocket and shows it to them.

“What’s this?” Bambam takes the vial from him.

Jungkook stands up from his seat, and walks to them, together with Chan, to look at it.

“He won it from brewing the Draught of Living Death nearly perfectly,” says Jaebeom.

“No, Slughorn said it was perfect,” Namjoon said.

Bambam looks at Jinyoung and smirks cockily at him. Jinyoung rolls his eyes with a soft smile as he returns the kid’s book of advanced potions.

“You are very much welcome, hyung,” Bambam smiles teasingly.

“Here,” Jinyoung hands him the vial.

“What? Why are you giving it to me?” Bambam pushes his arm back to him.

“You take it, it’s because of your notes that I got it,” Jinyoung says.

“But you brewed the Draught. You just followed my notes, and you trusted it, too,” Bambam replies. “So you keep it. I can brew my own.”

“Felix Felicis is advanced, though?” Wonpil tilts his head.

“And I altered my advanced potions book,” Bambam reminds, smirking. “It’s fine, I can make my own.”

“What is Felix Felicis, anyway?” asked Chan.

“It’s Liquid Luck,” Ilhyun enters, joining them.

“Ilhyun!” Chan beams, smiling as the Slytherin walks to them.

“It makes the drinker lucky,” Ilhyun adds. “Why? Who has Felix?”

“Jinyoung hyung,” Jungkook points at the other Slytherin.

“What did you do?” Ilhyun crossed her arms.

“Only brewed the Draught of Living Death perfectly,” grins Jaebeom.

Ilhyun raised a brow, “That’s advanced.”

“Bambam lent me his book which he altered. It enabled me to brew it perfectly,” Jinyoung says.

Bambam grins up at Ilhyun and raises his hand for a hi-five. Ilhyun accepts and Bambam beams, “That’s right!”

“So where will you use it?” Yugyeom asks.

Jinyoung frowns and looks at the vial, shrugging, “I don’t know, honestly.”

“Oh, what did you guys smell on the Amortentia?” Hoseok turns to Jaebeom and Jackson. “You guys smelled it before we left, right?”

“I smelled fresh grass and broomstick,” Jaebeom answered.

“I smelled something like a film…” Jackson mumbles. “And then books.”

“What about you?” Jinyoung nods at Namjoon. “What did you smell again?”

“Freshly cooked food and fresh air,” Namjoon says.

“That smells like Seokjinnie hyung,” Jungkook suddenly says, head tilting.

“Oh?” Bambam grins with Yugyeom.

“Do you like Seokjin hyung?” Yugyeom asks.

“He probably does if his smell attracts him,” says Ilhyun.

Jackson grins and Namjoon just knows he’s planning something again. The Muggle-born looks at Jinyoung and the Slytherin smirked. Namjoon knows he’s screwed.


 

Veritas

Yoongi walked around the empty hallways of the castle. It was Saturday and all the other students are either in their dorms or at Hogsmeade. He chose to roam around, kind of hoping to find some of the secret passageways. Jackson had found the one that leads to Honeydukes. Jinyoung had accidentally found out that secret passageway in the Room of Requirement, behind a portrait of some girl, that leads into the Hog’s Head Inn.

Yoongi turned the corner and stopped short at the open door he sees. He walks closer and looks in, watching the man in black cloak look at the shelves as he stepped onto the ladder. He grabbed a small vial and then looked at another part of the shelf.

“May I help you, Min?” Snape drawls out before looking at him.

Yoongi blinked and looked at the vial in his fingers, “What is that?”

Snape looks at the vial as well and then back at him, “This — “ he climbs down the ladder and Yoongi enters his inventory, “ — is Veritaserum.”

Yoongi takes it from his hand to inspect it and Snape stares him down, looks at him with a disgusted expression. Yoongi opens the vial and sniffs.

“It doesn’t have a smell. Clear and odorless, like water,” Snape informs.

“What’s this for?” Yoongi questions.

Snape raised a brow and snatches it from him, “It’s the most powerful truth serum, Min.”

“Cool,” says Yoongi.

Snape stares at him deeper and then smirks ever so slightly, “Your Occlumency skills are improving, I see. However, I still saw your intentions. Should I lend you a favor, then?”

Yoongi shrugs, “Unless you want the world to end.”

Snape gives him a look, “Do you know how many days Veritaserum can be brewed?”

Yoongi shrugs again, “I don’t know, 28 days?”

“Surprisingly enough, you’re right,” Snape says.

“So you’re lending some to me?” Yoongi asks.

“Use of Veritaserum is strictly controlled by the Ministry of Magic,” Snape informs.

“Something others don’t know won’t hurt them,” Yoongi leans to the doorframe and crosses his arms.

Snape narrowed his eyes, “What do you want, Min?”

“Nothing, really. I just happen to pass by. I have nothing better to do, I’m done with all of my assignments,” Yoongi answers.

“And speaking to me like this, like I’m some kind of a fellow student, is what you chose to do?” Snape raises a brow.

“Well, my apologies for running into you, Professor,” Yoongi says.

Snape only looks at him.

“So can I have some of that?” Yoongi nods at the Veritaserum.

“What will you use it for?” Snape questions.

“I don’t know, slip it in your drink, maybe?” Yoongi grins gummily.

“I can counter it with an antidote, Min,” Snape says. “I’m a Potions master.”

“Of course, I’m joking,” Yoongi rolled his eyes. “I just thought it might come in handy sometime.”

Snape looks tired of him. Yoongi doesn’t leave and instead looks around his inventory before going in to look closer at the vials. He takes an empty one and faces him.

“What was in this?” Yoongi asks as he opens it and smells. “It smells good.”

Snape turns to him and crosses his arms, “What do you smell?”

Yoongi inhales deeply for a few seconds, “Vanilla… and soil.”

“That is an odd combination,” Snape remarks.

“Well, it smells good,” Yoongi reaches out to put the vial under Snape’s nose.

Snape leans back, “It held Amortentia.”

Yoongi raises a brow at him, “If it’s just Amortentia, then why won’t you smell it?”

“I will hex you, Min, and something others doesn’t know won’t hurt them,” Snape threatens.

“Okay,” Yoongi scoffs and puts the vial back on the shelf. “So can I still have that?”

Snape sighs loudly, Yoongi just looks, “For what are you going to use it?”

“Well, nothing has happened yet, isn’t there?” Yoongi sighed back, exasperated. “I’m just interested in it.”

Snape gazes down at him, still disgusted, but gives him the vial after. Yoongi grins as he looks at the dark green vial, shaking it a bit to see the liquid.

“You are so biased with Slytherins, I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing,” they both snap their heads out to the hallway to see Ilhyun. “Considering that I am a Slytherin.”

Snape whips his wand and throws her a spell, she dodges and then walks in his inventory, crowding them.

“Is it true, Professor?” Ilhyun looks at him after taking the vial from Yoongi and inspecting it. “Bambam is excellent at potions?”

Snape stares at them, “Maybe.”

“Ah, don’t want to admit it even when he’s a Slytherin, I see?” Ilhyun smirks. “Is it because he’s a Muggle-born?”

“Get. Out. Of. My. Inventory,” Snape demands. “And don’t just use it on anyone, Min.”

Yoongi nods as he and Ilhyun leave. Snape slams the door in front of their face and they turn around to walk together.

“Ilhyun,” mutters Yoongi, Ilhyun hums. “I saw you and Chan together.”

“Where?” Ilhyun asks as she looks out the wide gaps of the hallways.

“In my dream,” Yoongi says. “But unlike any other pair I’ve dreamt about, you two were happy. He was laughing, and you were just looking at him. But I can see that you were happy.”

Ilhyun keeps quiet.

“But-but Chan… there was something wrong with Chan,” says Yoongi, and Ilhyun looks at him. “He was… there was pink swirling around him.”

Ilhyun looks ahead, “He’s under the influence of Amortentia.”

Yoongi frowns and looks ahead as well.

“I’m feeling happy these days,” says Ilhyun. “It’s not a good sign.”

“Why not?”

Ilhyun sighs softly, “It’s a sacrifice I have to make, for others to be happy. So if I’m happy, that can’t be good.”

“Why? How does it affect everyone else?”

“That means everything is going well. Too well. And it would have a great consequence,” says Ilhyun. “I’ve been with Chan lately. And if I’m happy with Chan, then we can’t be together.”

Yoongi stops walking and looks at her. Ilhyun stops as well, curious.

“But you’re good together. Why can’t — no. You can be happy. You should be happy. Everyone deserves to be happy,” Yoongi says.

“Not me, I’m different — “

“No! You’re not different! You’re a wizard — a witch just like everyone else in this world, in our world! So you’re not different!” Yoongi argues.

Ilhyun looks around before walking closer to him and mumbling, “I’m a Death Eater.”

Yoongi looks weirdly at her, chuckling, “Show me your Mark, then.”

“I don’t have a Mark,” says Ilhyun. “I’m not in the higher ranks. But I’m a notable member.”

“You can’t be a Death Eater and be here, Ilhyun,” Yoongi chuckles once more. “Professor Dumbledore will know.”

Ilhyun blinks, “He does know.”

Yoongi raises a brow, and shakes his head, “Let’s just go.”


 

Off the Chest

“Jinyoung,” whispers Jackson. “Jinyoung, yah!”

The Slytherin turned to him from where he was conversing with Mark. He hissed, “What?!”

“Do you still have that Felix Felicis?” Jackson grins. “Or have you drunk it already?”

Jinyoung furrowed his brows, glancing at Mark and then turning to face him fully, “Why?”

Everyone leans in to listen to the new Gryffindor Quidditch team captain.

“Let’s slip in some into Namjoon’s drink,” Jackson says.

“Namjoon hyung? Why?” blinks Taehyung.

“To get him to confess to Seokjin hyung!” Jackson says.

“He likes him? I knew it!” Jimin giggles.

“Should we?” Jaehyung his lips.

A Hufflepuff sighs beside Brian, “I should be stopping you because you’re going to do this to a prefect and our Head Boy, but what the hell.”

Brian grins at Sungjin. He had been very busy lately so he wasn’t able to get to hang out with them as often as last year. This was one of the times he gets to be with them, and he was so tired. Brian had told him he can lean on him and take a nap before their day starts, but Sungjin had only shaken his head.

Hoseok laughs at his fellow Hufflepuff, “Hyung, get some rest if you have vacant today.”

Sungjin nods, smiling a bit at him. Taehyung gave him a bright grin, too and he smiled wider.

“Sungjin hyung, you know, you should keep on smiling,” Brian mumbles as he looks at him.

Sungjin smiles his widest and wraps an arm around his waist to pull him closer, “Yeah?”

“A smile suits you the best,” Brian nods.

Sungjin turns to sit sideways on the long bench. He moves closer to the Gryffindor and puts his head on his shoulder, facing the rest of their friends as he wraps his arms around the younger. Everyone else blinks at them.

“Anyway,” Jackson says. “As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted — “ he sends a glare to Sungjin and Brian who only giggled at him, “ — how’s our thought on that Felix Felicis?”

“Where are Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung, anyway?” questions Wonpil.

“Answer me first before they arrive!” Jackson whines. “Last I saw them was in the dorm. I think Namjoon lost something and Seokjin hyung helped him find it.”

“I still have it,” says Jinyoung.

“Finally!” Jackson sighs, Jaebeom laughing at him. “So should we put it in?”

“Let’s,” says Bambam, grinning.

“Namjoon is so going to hex you when he figures out, Jackson,” Yoongi mutters from the side.

“He doesn’t need to know!” Jackson waves him away.

“Joon hyung’s smart enough to figure it all out,” says Jungkook.

“God, you don’t have enough Gryffindors in you all!” Jackson groans.

“Why do you need their opinion? You can just take the Felix from Jinyoung oppa and do it your own. You’ll end up slipping the Felix into Joon oppa’s drink by your own, anyway,” Ilhyun butts in from beside Chan, across Brian and Sungjin.

The Gryffindor seeker giggles beside her and looks up at the chaser.

“You’re right,” nods Jackson. “But I need everyone to agree so he can’t blame it all on me.”

“I see you don’t have enough Gryffindor in you to do it alone,” Ilhyun looks at him.

Jackson squints his eyes at her, provoked, as their friends laughed amusedly at him. Then he turns to Jinyoung and holds his hand out.

“Give me that bloody Felix ,” Jackson demands.

Jinyoung chuckles as he digs for it in his robes’ pockets. He pulls it out and hands it over to him. Jackson snatches it from him and takes a goblet from the side. He opens the vial and pours all liquid into it. He swirls it around and then looks at the entrance to see his victim run into the Hall in a hurry, Seokjin following closely behind him. He hands the goblet to him and Namjoon naturally takes it.

“Thanks,” he breathes as he takes a seat beside Chan.

He drinks all the water, putting the goblet down on the table after. Then he pauses, blinking as he lightly smacks his lips together, seeming to taste the water properly, eyebrows furrowing. Jackson passes the vial to Jaebeom, who took it and passed it to the person next to him, which was Youngjae. They pass it around until it reached Jinyoung. Namjoon looks up at Jackson.

“Did you put something in this?” a smile starts to bloom on Namjoon’s face, his dimples showing.

“No,” Jackson shakes his head, feigning innocence. “Why? Does the wizarding world’s water have a taste?”

Jackson reaches for his goblet to drink. Namjoon laughs, nudging him.

“No. Just thought you put something in it,” Namjoon shrugs and then stands up. “I’m going to Hagrid’s.”

“What? Why? Yah, Namjoon-ah!” Seokjin calls.

“I just feel like it’s right for me to be there!” beams Namjoon.

Seokjin looks weirdly at his retreating back and then faces the others, “What did you do? He was so pissed while we were finding his tie.”

“It took you thirty minutes to find a tie when you could have just accioed it?” Ilhyun raised a brow.

“That’s why he was pissed!” Seokjin points out. “So? What did you do?”

“Jaehyung hyung put a potion in the water, it makes someone happy,” says Wonpil.

“Really? And what potion is that?” Seokjin questions.

“Uh — “

“Elixir to Induce Euphoria,” Bambam answers and everyone looks at him.

Seokjin squints his eyes suspiciously, “That doesn’t sound like it exists.”

“It does. It is color yellow like the sun,” Bambam says.

Still, the Gryffindor didn’t believe him. Even the others looked like they don’t. Bambam rolled his eyes and raised his hand when he saw the Head of their House.

“Professor Snape!” he calls.

The Potions master stopped before turning around to leave the Hall. Bambam runs to him.

“Professor, I want you to confirm something for me,” Bambam says.

Snape turns to look exasperatedly at him.

“Elixir to Induce Euphoria. Isn’t it a sunshine-yellow potion to make you happy?” Bambam asks.

“Yes…” Snape drawls out, glancing at the rest of them and back to Bambam. “And what is this about?”

“No reason, Professor! You have a nice day!” Bambam says, flinging his hand as if to tell him to go away as he walked back to their table.

Snape glares at him before turning around and briskly walking out. Bambam sat back on the table with a proud smirk on his lips.

“Never question my knowledge about potions,” Bambam says.

“I knew that, just wanted to see Snape glare at you,” Seokjin smirked. “I know my potions too.”

“Really?” Bambam raised a brow.

“He’s good at potions too, actually. Snape rarely praises anyone but he always throws a few decent words to him while we’re at Potions class,” Jaehyung speaks up.

“Ohoho!” Sungjin reacts softly in amusement from beside Brian.

“You’re drained lately. Want me to brew you Euphoria?” Seokjin grins knowingly.

Sungjin takes advantage of it, “I don’t need it, I have Kang Bra.”

“Ugh, god, give me a cauldron, I wanna puke. Brew me a death potion from that,” Ilhyun groans and everyone laughs at her.

“You don’t need a potion, you can just tell me you want to die, I’ll grant your wish,” says Jinyoung.

“Why should I need you when Sungjin oppa’s already killing me over and over? Chan is the only thing that keeps on reincarnating me,” Ilhyun says.

“Ohhh, you’re a smooth talker, too!” Brian cackles.

“I apologize for not reincarnating you as someone else,” Chan giggles.

“For the love of Merlin, just date him already, Sungjin hyung,” Wonpil says.

“Or Younghyun,” Jaebeom calls. “Just date Sungjin hyung.”

“Why don’t you date Jackson?” Brian spat out.

“We don’t flirt right in front of absolutely everyone everywhere,” Jaebeom scoffs.

“If after all these years of flirting and you don’t end up together, I’m going to kill myself,” says Jaehyung.

“They’ll end up together,” Yoongi sighs.

“How can you say?” Jimin questions.

“How can you not? They’re the softest for each other, it’s so disgusting. They act like boyfriends already and they’re not even dating,” Yoongi says.

“There are many pairs in our group that act like boyfriends but aren’t,” Taehyung points out.

“Yeah, but do they ever get as close as them?” Yoongi nods at Sungjin and Brian.

Brian now has his arm around the older’s shoulders, and Sungjin’s head slotted on the crook of his neck. Sungjin’s lips were a bit parted as he breathed softly, sleeping peacefully yet his arms still secured Brian to him. And Brian plays with his hair.

“How’s he going to class now?” mumbles Youngjae.

“Told me it was his vacant first,” Brian replies.

“What about you? We have Defense Against the Dark Arts first thing and it’s Snape,” Mark reminds.

“I can skip one,” Brian shrugs a bit.

Sungjin shuffles against him and picks his head up a bit, gulping, “You have to… attend class…”

“And you have to sleep,” Brian retorts.

“I can manage… sleep for an hour… you should… class…” Sungjin sleepily mumbles and pulls back from him.

“Sure? You’re gonna be okay?” Brian asks. “I really can skip one class, you know I can, hyung. It’s okay with me.”

“It’s not with me,” Sungjin says and leans onto the table with his arms under his head. “Go to class. Don’t let me hinder you.”

“You aren’t — “

Sungjin hits him on his chest, “Go.”

“Okay,” Brian scoffed and rubs his back. “Don’t sleep here, though. Sleep in the classroom. Come on, I’ll help you get there.”

“But I can’t walk anymore,” Sungjin sleepily whines.

Brian stands up and he does as well, huffing. Then the Gryffindor stepped in front of him, crouching and ushering him to get onto his back.

“What? I’m not — “

“Get on, Sungjin hyung,” Brian demands, Sungjin obeys.

And he once again appears to have a cub on his back as he brings the Hufflepuff to their abandoned classroom. The table turns quiet as they leave. The Hall was quiet, too. Unbeknownst to Sungjin and Brian, or they chose to ignore, everyone else present in the Hall watched them.

“Well,” Seokjin sighs as he stands up. “I’ll go find Namjoon.”

“Why?” Jimin blinks at him and then looks at his hand.

They now realize he was holding a Gryffindor tie.

“Is that Namjoon’s?” Mark chuckles.

Seokjin shrugs before leaving for Hagrid’s. He carefully trudges down to the giant hut and sees Dowoon petting Buckbeak with a small, faint smile on his lips. The boy looked at him and smiled a little wider.

“Hi, hyung,” Dowoon softly says.

“Hey, Dowoon-ah. Was Namjoon here?” asks Seokjin.

Dowoon points to the hut. Seokjin smiled and went to knock on the door. Hagrid opens the door and blinks at him before stepping aside to let him in.

“Oh, no, Hagrid, I’m just here to fetch — yah! Your tie is still with me and your classes are about to start!” Seokjin scolds the younger Gryffindor who was having some snacks that Hagrid probably gave him.

Namjoon smiles at him as he chewed. He stands up from the chair he was sitting on around the table and walks to him as he still ate. Seokjin puts the tie around his neck and flaps it under his collar before tying it neatly. Namjoon swallows his food.

“This is why I like you, hyung,” Namjoon suddenly says.

Seokjin pauses and looks up at him. Namjoon only smiled wider.

“You’re so caring,” Namjoon adds.

Seokjin blinks at him before chuckling and focusing back on his tie. He can feel his face turn red as Hagrid stares at them from where the door was still open. He smooths down Namjoon’s tie, brushes his robes from crumbs, and then heads to the door, the younger Gryffindor following him. Namjoon thanks Hagrid for the snack and the giant only smiled at him. Seokjin drags Dowoon with them.

The Ravenclaw looks at Namjoon, “You like Seokjin hyung?”

Namjoon smiled widely, “What’s there to hate about Seokjin hyung?”

“I mean,” Dowoon frowned. “Like, like like?”

“What kind of like do you want?” Namjoon chuckled.

“I thought you like him as the rest of us do. You mean to say you’re infatuated with him?” Dowoon blinks innocently.

Namjoon laughs a bit and throws an arm around the Ravenclaw’s shoulders, “See, you get what I mean.”

Seokjin keeps quiet but remains listening. And he suddenly wants to cook.


 

Fallout

 

Unus

With a frown, Brian walks around the castle, checking every empty classroom there is. He was looking for Sungjin, as the Hufflepuff had promised to accompany him to Hogsmeade today. But alas, he was nowhere to be seen. Lately, he had been busy, with his responsibilities as prefect. He had become the Quidditch captain, too, so Brian understood he didn’t have time to hang out with them.

So as a result, their group had never been completed since their fifth year. Sungjin would always be absent. They’d see him in the Great Hall, tired as he ate breakfast. And he was always grumpy when he’s tired so they left him alone, too. Brian would try to cheer him up, but Sungjin would ask him to keep quiet as he was making his head hurt. He always said it in the softest way possible, pleading. Then he’ll hug him and apologize, Brian would always just smile at him and forgive him.

But lately, they’d always just see a glimpse of Sungjin. Even the other Hufflepuffs in their group don’t see him around their dorms anymore. During Quidditch matches, he’d be serious, Brian never saw him smile again as he played, even when they won. Now he’s worried something’s bothering the older big time. So he roams around the castle to look for him. He turns the corner and stops as he finally finds the person he was looking for.

The catch was, there was a girl with him. From where he stood, a bit far from them, Brian can see the prefect badge on her robe. She sat on the windowsill, Sungjin leaning against the wall beside her. There was a small smile on his face, Brian can see his eyes twinkle a bit. And he can feel a pang hit his heart. The girl looks his way and taps Sungjin on his shoulder. He leans to her and she whispers. Sungjin looks his way as well and then grins.

“Kang Bra!” Sungjin runs to him, the girl jumping off the ledge of the window to follow him, walking.

Brian kept quiet and stayed still until the older reaches him.

“Ohhh,” the girl nods behind him and Sungjin nudges her aside. “So you’re — “

“His name is Younghyun,” Sungjin cuts her off, smiling.

The girl giggles, Sungjin grins.

“Leave,” Sungjin demands.

The girl gives them a smile before obeying with a wave of her hand. Sungjin looked at him, smiling softly. He reaches for his hand but he steps back. The smile on Sungjin’s face disappeared and was replaced with a confused frown.

“Kang Bra?”

“So you were with her all this time?” Brian mumbles.

“What?” Sungjin blinked.

“You were with her, while we were worried about you because you haven’t been hanging out with us lately?” Brian’s voice shakes.

“What? No, it’s not like that — “

“Then what?” Brian cuts. “Have you chosen her over us? You could’ve at least told us.”

Sungjin’s eyebrows furrowed, “What is it with you?”

“I thought you were busy with your prefect and Quidditch captain responsibilities,” Brian spits out.

“I am,” Sungjin answers.

“Then why are you with her?” Brian nods at him.

“She’s a prefect from our house, too. We do duties together,” Sungjin explains.

“Doesn’t look like it earlier.”

“What — Kang Bra, what’s your problem?” Sungjin steps towards him.

“Didn’t you know you started drifting away from us when you became all this?” Brian gestures to the two badges on his sweater.

He witnesses Sungjin’s eyes darken.

“You think I wanted to be captain? You think I wanted to be a prefect?” Sungjin questions.

“Didn’t you? You looked so happy when you showed me your badge.”

“Because I know you would be happy for me! I didn’t want to be a prefect, I don’t want to be a prefect, Younghyun,” Sungjin retorts.

“Really? I doubt, you seem so proud of it,” Brian sneers.

“You know why I don’t want to be a prefect?” Sungjin steps closer to him. “Because I wouldn’t be able to sneak out late at night with you.”

Brian doesn’t waver.

“I have to do my rounds and I have to report students roaming around the castle at that time. I have to report even if it’s you,” Sungjin says.

“Then what’s with you and that girl?” Brian asks.

“What?”

“What’s with the both of you? Are you in a relationship?”

Sungjin blinks confusedly, eyebrows furrowed, “Why do you care —?”

Brian grabs his sweater and his tears fall down his cheeks, “Because I thought you like me! You kissed me — I thought there was something special between us!”

Sungjin’s expressions changes again, going livid this time, “You’re outright disrespecting my house, Younghyun. Get off me.”

“What does that have to do with — “

Sungjin pushes him back powerfully, “I do like you! I love you!”

“Then why are you with her? Why do you look so happy with her when all we know was you were stressing about something?” Brian’s voice raised as he argues with the Hufflepuff in front of him.

Sungjin’s eyes glisten as he listens. He bit down on his lip before answering calmly, ”Don’t say that. Don’t ever say that — ”

“Why? Because it’s true, isn’t it? You have something going on, right? You like her, do you?” Brian cuts him off and then the look on Sungjin’s face completely changes.

And his first tear falls. His mouth moves, mumbling, “The Hufflepuff house favors loyalty. With you implying that I’m cheating on you, means you’re outright disrespecting me and the Hufflepuff house.”

He glares at Brian and then turns around to leave.

Brian reaches for his wrist, guilt and worry painted all over his face. Sungjin turns back to him and extends his right arm, pointing his wand at the Gryffindor’s face. And Brian freezes.

“I love you, how can I be in a relationship with someone else when I’m loyal to you?” Sungjin mutters before walking away completely, leaving Brian frozen on his spot.

 

~~

 

Finis

 

•••

Wonpil lunges towards Jaehyung, grabbing his robes. He says something, shouting at him, angry. Jaehyung was just as angry, pushing the younger off him and starts retorting. Wonpil gasps mutely, taking a step back with his eyes wide. Jaehyung runs a hand through his hair and tried to reach out for him, but Wonpil steps back from him, hurt overtaking his expression. Jaehyung starts pleading at him, desperate. Wonpil shakes his head and then walks away.

•••

Tears streamed down the Gryffindor’s cheeks as he looked at the black-clothed crowd in front of him. Ilhyun stood in the middle, head held high and confident. Chan says something, Ilhyun stares at him. And Chan started screaming before the skies darkened. The wind started blowing hard, and lightning strikes down from the sky. The ground starts shaking, but it didn’t shake Ilhyun at all, even when the crowd behind her had disintegrated into ashes from the lightning. And Chan points his wand at her, green light shooting out.

•••

Yoongi shot up from his bed, surprising Jinyoung, Bambam, Jimin, and Wonpil who were talking amongst themselves quietly so as not to wake him up. He was panting, eyes wide and fear filling his eyes. He jumps off his bed. Jimin grabs his arm and he tries to get his grip off of him but even Jinyoung held him down.

“Hyung, calm down. What is it?” Wonpil whispers worriedly.

“Younghyun — Sungjin — we need to find them,” Yoongi says and then he starts crying. “Please. We need to find them before it’s too late. Please.”

They looked at each other before running out of their dorms, following Yoongi.

“Where do we even start?” Bambam asked as they ran around.

“I don’t know,” Yoongi sobs helplessly. “Where are they?”

“Yoongi? Yah — “

Yoongi runs to the Gryffindor, “Hyung! Hyung, where’s Younghyun? Where is he? Is he with Sungjin? Where are they — “

“Woah, calm down. We haven’t seen them,” Seokjin looks at the Gryffindor beside him, Namjoon.

“What’s happening?” Jaebeom and Jackson arrive coincidentally.

“Why are you crying?” Jaebeom asks Yoongi.

“We need to find those two, where are they?” Yoongi cries, panicking.

“Oh, Hoseok hyung, Taehyung hyung, Youngjae hyung!” Bambam acknowledges as the Hufflepuffs arrive from the other end of the hallway.

Hoseok pulls Yoongi to him, “I had a bad feeling. What’s happening? Is it Younghyun hyung and Sungjin hyung?”

Yoongi nods against his shoulder, squeezing him tightly before pulling back, “We need to find them.”

“Let’s just go to our classroom and hang around there — oh, yah — what’s happening? Why do you all look so worried?” the Ravenclaws arrive, Jaehyung speaking.

“Why is Yoongi hyung crying?” frowns Jungkook.

“Find Younghyun and Sungjin!” Yoongi shouts and holds his head as it starts pounding painfully, images flashing in front of him. “They’re fighting. They’re fighting. It’s happening.”

“Why — “ Mark stops before turning around and staring at the other end of the hallway, where they came from.

“Why what?” Jinyoung questions.

“Yugyeom?” calls Mark and the tall Hufflepuff peeks from behind the wall.

“Yugyeom?” Yoongi looks at him and Yugyeom hides again.

Bambam goes to him and grabs him, “What are you doing? Why are you hiding?”

Yugyeom shakes his head silently as he avoids their eyes, frowning. Yoongi squints his eyes at him. Then he snatches Mark’s tumbler, which he brought to Hogwarts since last Christmas break. Yoongi glances back at Jimin, invading his mind and giving him an order. Yoongi gives him the tumbler before walking up to Yugyeom.

“You know where Sungjin and Younghyun are, don’t you?” Yoongi asks as he took deep breaths, trying to ignore the images flashing vividly before him. Brian was shouting already.

“N-No,” Yugyeom shook his head.

“Yugyeom?” Jinyoung warns.

Yugyeom shrinks into his sweater, still avoiding their eyes. Jimin hands the tumbler back to Yoongi. Yoongi opens it and hands it to Yugyeom.

“Here, drink some water. You seem nervous,” Yoongi says.

Yugyeom obeys, taking a few gulps before handing the tumbler back to him. Yoongi holds onto it as he stares up at the taller. And something changes in his eyes. That was Yoongi’s cue.

“Where are Sungjin and Younghyun?” Yoongi questions, grabbing his shirt.

“He said he doesn’t know — “

“They’re at the corridor not far from here — “ Yugyeom covered his mouth, eyes widening.

Yoongi looks deeper into him, “Lead us to them.”

Yugyeom pouts, scared, before turning around and running. They follow him until they reached another corridor. They ran into Chan on the way, the boy telling them that somehow, his feet had led him there. They continue their way to the corridor. They see Sungjin point his wand at Brian and their gasps died in their throat. He mumbles, and then he turns away, walking towards them.

He bumps shoulders against Yoongi and he muttered an apology. Yoongi blinks before looking at Hoseok and the Hufflepuff follows Sungjin, together with the rest of the Hufflepuffs in their group. Wonpil and Dowoon follow too, as well as Jaebeom. Wonpil brings Jinyoung with him. The rest of them turn to Brian and Jaehyung runs to him when his knees bucked, holding him up against him before gently putting him down and crouching in front of him.

“Bri?” Jaehyung whispers.

Brian shakes his head silently and pulls him to him tightly, clinging onto him for dear life. Jaehyung feels his tears spring up to his eyes. He doesn’t even know what happened but seeing Brian breaking down was also breaking him.

“What happened?” Mark carefully asks, rubbing his back.

“I-I found him with a girl,” Brian starts. “I thought something was going on between them. I love him, hyung, I don’t want to lose him.”

“You won’t,” Jaehyung closes his eyes when Brian grips his shirt tightly.

“But I already am,” Brian sobs heavily. “I already am. I hurt him, I lost him, hyung, I — “

Jaehyung pulls his head to his shoulder to shush him and just let him cry. And his vulnerable cries echo through the empty hallway.

“I’m sorry,” Brian apologizes distantly. “I’m sorry, Sungjin hyung, I’m sorry.”

“Uh-oh,” Bambam whispers and they look to see Snape walking towards them.

He stops near them, looking at each of them before at Brian and Jaehyung. Jaehyung only looks at him. Then he looks back at Yoongi, entering his mind.

“I suppose I should warn Professor Dumbledore,” Snape says, Yoongi looks away.

The Potions master takes one last look at Brian’s shaking form before continuing his way past them.

On the other side of the castle, the Hufflepuffs, Slytherins, Dowoon, and Jaebeom follow Sungjin into an empty classroom. They flinched back when Sungjin slammed the door close. Hoseok pushes it open and they watch Sungjin toss his wand to the side before falling to his knees and breaking down, sobbing fully. Wonpil walks to him, Dowoon following still. They kneel in front of Sungjin and the older threw his arms on them, pulling them to him and honestly surprising them.

Sungjin grips their shirt as he tries to hold back his sobs and failing miserably. He hisses in a breath and his body shakes.

“Hyung?” Wonpil calls softly.

“You saw what I did,” mumbles Sungjin. “I pointed my wand at him.”

“What happened?” Dowoon asks as the others crowd them.

Sungjin slots his chin on the Ravenclaw’s shoulder and opens his eyes, his sight blurry from the tears, “He thought I have a relationship with the prefect from our house but I like him.”

“You love him,” Jinyoung corrects.

Sungjin closes his eyes again and nods, his lips, “I love him. I was — I got mad because one of our qualities are loyalty and I love him — I can’t let our house be disrespected, Hoseok-ah, I can’t — “

“I know, hyung,” Hoseok softly says.

Taehyung wipes his own tear and gulps, looking from Sungjin to the ground.

“But I hurt him. I hurt him — “ Sungjin cries, squeezing tears from the others too. “I pointed my wand at him, what if I had accidentally cast a spell on him?”

“But you didn’t,” mumbles Youngjae.

Sungjin’s body goes weak, all his weight put on Dowoon and Wonpil. And he mumbles faintly before passing out, “I’m sorry, Kang Bra… I’m sorry…”

 

~~

“What happened?” Namjoon asks as they arrive at the hospital wing.

Jaebeom, who was standing at the foot of Sungjin’s bed with his arms crossed, answers, “He passed out. Madam Pomfrey said it was stress. And lack of liquids. He cried pretty hard.”

“Younghyun hyung did, too,” Jackson mumbles, Jaebeom looks at him.

“It’s not a competition,” Jaebeom says.

“I’m not implying that,” Jackson retorts.

Namjoon steps in, slapping Jackson hard on his chest to make him step back, “Shut up, Sungjin hyung is resting.”

Brian sits on the stool beside Sungjin’s bed, tuning out their voices and focusing on the sleeping Hufflepuff, studying his features — from his disheveled hair to his eyelashes, nose, and then his chapped lips. And his hand moved to run itself through his hair, fixing it. And his eyes opened, instantly landing on him.

Brian’s mouth involuntarily mumbles, “Your eyes are sparkling.”

Sungjin slaps his hand away and then turns his back to him.

“Don’t be rude,” Jaehyung says.

“Don’t say that to him when — “

“When what?” Mark cuts Wonpil off, raising a questioning brow.

Jinyoung steps in front of Wonpil in defense, wand brought out from his pocket but held down on his side. Jaebeom steps beside Mark.

“Don’t even try,” Jaebeom warns.

Jackson also steps in front of Jinyoung, head held high, “Don’t you try.”

And the tension explodes. The youngsters stay in the corner, scared. Hoseok was holding Yoongi against him as the Slytherin shook in fear, anger, and guilt.

“Ilhyun’s not even here yet, ,” Hoseok whispers.

“Ilhyun’s… Ilhyun is probably in her dorm,” says Chan.

“Should I call her?” Bambam asked.

“No, it’ll get worse,” Yoongi says. “She — “

“Yah, the six of you. Get out,” Seokjin snaps. “Now. Out.”

“Hyung,” Namjoon holds his arm.

“Out!” Seokjin barks and they move to leave the hospital wing. Brian leaves, too.

“, it’s about to happen. Everything’s about to happen all at once,” Yoongi hisses under his breath.

“I’m here, don’t worry — ”

Yoongi pushes Hoseok away from him, “Until when?! You’re not even doing anything to stop any of it when you know they were going to happen!”

The hospital wing stays quiet, everyone left staring at them. Seokjin helps Sungjin sit up on his bed. And then Yoongi’s eyes widened.

“, I’m sorry, Hobi. I’m so sorry — “

“I’ll stay with you even in the afterlife, hyung, haven’t I told you that?” Hoseok tilts his head at Yoongi, frowning. “If I haven’t, I am, now. I’ll stay with you even after I die. I’ll always stay with you.”

“I’m so sorry — “

Hoseok hushes him with a soft smile and a shake of his head.

“You know?” Sungjin whispers and they look at him. “You know all of this was going to happen? Why didn’t you tell anyone? How do you know they’re all going to happen?”

Yoongi sits on the bed across from him, Hoseok beside him, and takes a deep breath, “I’m a Seer. I can see into the future.”

Sungjin blinks at him while the others gasp.

“Professor Snape — the professors didn’t want you to know about it. Because they know you’re going to act before it happens. And it will mess up with my visions, it’ll break me. And Ilhyun’s powers might destroy the world.”

“What?” Sungjin furrows his brows.

“If Yoongi hyung breaks and Ilhyun knows about it, she’ll get mad. And her powers will go on a rampage, it’ll wreak havoc. It’ll destroy the whole wizarding world,” Namjoon explains.

“That’s why Professor Snape taught me Occlumency, to keep you out of my mind and seeing my visions. He had me learn Legilimency too, to know everyone’s plans,” Yoongi further explained. “I could have changed the events leading to this, I could have prevented this but I was too scared to move because it doesn’t guarantee a positive outcome, Sungjin. It might turn worse and I don’t — I can’t have that — I’m so sorry.”

Sungjin looks down and gulps. He seems to be processing everything and Yoongi lets him take his time.

“Is that what has been happening to you every time you wake up in the middle of the night?” Jimin asks.

Yoongi nods, “I’m having visions. And it’s going according to how I saw it. And-and Chan — “

Sungjin’s head snapped up, eyes flicking around to find the boy, “Chan?”

“Yes, hyung?” Chan appears from behind Bambam.

“How is it with Ilhyun? How’re her powers?” Sungjin asked.

“I…” Chan trails. “I mean, we’re speculating her powers need to have some kind of boundary for it to behave.”

Sungjin’s brows furrowed, head tilting.

“Like, someone she treasures. We figured she might be able to control it with someone she deeply cares for by her side,” Chan further explains.

“So who is it?” asks Yugyeom.

“We don’t know.”

Jungkook frowned, “How are we supposed to know?”

“We don’t know that, either,” Chan muttered. “I realize there’s not much to go on.”

“There’s nothing to go on,” Bambam retorts, head shaking. “We’re all going to die.”

“No,” Namjoon says.

“How can you say?” Hoseok questions.

“It’s simple, isn’t it? It’s really simple,” Namjoon sighs.

“Go on,” Youngjae ushers.

“I mean, if she will get mad when she finds out Yoongi hyung or any of us is hurt, then doesn’t that mean it’s us she treasures?” Namjoon raised his brows.

The hospital wing turns quiet again, everyone staring at him.

“Probably…” Namjoon looked at each of them, and his eyes stop on Chan. “You.”

“Me? What about me?” Chan points to himself.

“You’re probably our weapon against her powers,” Namjoon shrugs.

“What do you mean?” Seokjin inquires.

Namjoon sighs again, “She’s the most comfortable with you. Everyone can see that.”

“Oh, yeah,” nods Dowoon. “She likes everyone but she likes you the most. She lets you do whatever.”

Chan doesn’t deny it. Ilhyun does let him do whatever. Yoongi suddenly flinches and he holds his head, eyes shutting close.

“Hyung? What is it?” Jimin asked worriedly.

“They’re breaking up. They’re all breaking up. It’s all falling apart,” Yoongi muttered.

“What?” Seokjin goes to him and crouches to look at his pained face. “What do you mean?”

“Everyone is fighting. They’re siding with either Younghyun or Sungjin. They’re clashing,” Yoongi says.

“What? No!” Sungjin stands up but Seokjin stops him. “Stop them! They shouldn’t be fighting — “

“And you should stop because you need to rest,” Seokjin demands.

“But — “

“Sungjin,” Seokjin pushes him down on the bed by his shoulders. “You don’t need to worry about them. They have strong bonds, Sungjin. It’s just that something happened between you and Younghyun, but no one is to blame. Okay? It’s not your fault, not Younghyun’s.”

“But what if they won’t — “

“No. They’ll get back together. One of them will end up apologizing, Sungjin. They will. If ever, it’s probably just you and Younghyun’s broken relationship that will go for a long time. Theirs is a short-term fight. I just know it is. It’s just a side-effect from your fight, Sungjin. And you know what? Even if your fight with Younghyun will go for a long time, you’ll eventually end up getting back together. Trust me,” Seokjin says.

Sungjin’s eyes welled up with tears as he looked up at him and his lips trembled, scared, “How can I trust that?”

Seokjin looks into his eyes deeply and smiles softly, squeezing his shoulders a bit, “Because you and Younghyun keep the group together. And you better believe we’ll bring you two back together, and we’ll keep you together, too.”

And Sungjin’s tears fall again.

“Okay?” Seokjin smiles a bit wider.

Sungjin nods and Seokjin pulls him into a short embrace before telling him to lie down and rest.

“What about Ilhyun?” Sungjin whispers.

Seokjin smiles again, “Chan is in charge with her.”

“Trust us, hyung,” Namjoon grins a bit.

“Oh, no, I can’t trust you,” Sungjin shakes his head. “You break things and honestly, I’m kind of surprised you haven’t set yourself on fire with your degree of clumsiness.”

Namjoon grins, embarrassed, as Seokjin laughs at that. Namjoon scratches his head.

“So what are you gonna do with Ilhyun, Chan?” Yugyeom questions.

Chan frowns, “I have no idea.”

Jungkook whispers something to his fellow Ravenclaw, and Dowoon looks at Chan before asking, “Chan, how do you feel about Ilhyun?”

“What? No. No, I don’t. Nothing,” Chan clears his throat and then blinks when they look weirdly at him.

“He asked how you feel about Ilhyun,” says Youngjae, giggling. “Not if you feel something towards her.”

“Oh! Um — “

“Oh, no,” Bambam shook his finger in front of him. “You already exposed yourself. We don’t need any more than that, we figured it out already.”

“What?” Chan chuckles.

Jungkook points at his ears, “Your ears are turning red.”

“Channie likes Ilhyun!~” Hoseok sang teasingly and they laughed.

Seokjin smiles softly and he looks to the side to see Sungjin grinning at the rest of them. And he smiled wider.

 

•••

[Happening all at the same time, in different parts of the castle]

Duo

Mark follows Jinyoung around the castle, the Slytherin never sparing him a glance as he briskly walks ahead, hoping to get rid of the Ravenclaw behind him. Then at one point, he stops abruptly and faces the older, scowling.

He sneers at him, “Will you stop following me?”

Mark replies calmly, “You have no right to be mad when you were the one who had his wand out.”

“Because that was my friend,” Jinyoung says. “And I won’t let you trample on my friends.”

“I’m sorry. Jinyoung,” Mark reaches for the Slytherin’s arm but Jinyoung flinched away from him. Mark tries again, desperate.

Jinyoung pushes him back, Mark casts his eyes down to the ground, hurt. The same emotion flickers in Jinyoung’s eyes only for a second.

“I don’t care whatever you say but you will never gain a truer friend anywhere else than in Slytherin,” he spits out, Mark bites his lip at that, keeping his head down. Then Jinyoung turns away.

 

•••

Tres

Jaebeom and Jackson stood opposite of each other, glaring.

“You have no right to disregard Younghyun hyung’s feelings,” says Jackson.

“I wasn’t disregarding his feelings! I wasn’t disregarding anything!” Jaebeom raises his voice. “Why do you keep on implying that?”

Jackson’s eyebrows furrowed and the veins by his neck start popping out a bit as he spoke, “Younghyun hyung was hurt, too.”

“They’re both hurt,” Jaebeom retorts at him, countering the argument he threw. “Sungjin hyung cried, too, and when I say that, I’m not implying that Younghyun didn’t cry just as much.”

Jackson sighs, eyes closing and the first tear falls. His shoulders slumped and he opened his eyes again to look at the older, pleading, sad, and desperate.

He mumbles, “Okay. Alright. I’m sorry.”

Jaebeom chuckles and shakes his head.

“Come on, hyung. We’re from the same house. We can’t be fighting like this,” Jackson approaches him cautiously and reaches a hand to hold his arm.

But before his fingertips can even touch his robes, Jaebeom stepped back from him and turned away, leaving him crying silently to himself in the middle of the hallway. Jackson bites down on his lip, hard, and clenches his fists tightly.

 

•••

Finis

Jinyoung. It’s just right he’s a Slytherin, he fits in their dark reputation.”

Wonpil lunges towards Jaehyung, grabbing his robes, “Shut up! Don’t talk like that about Jinyoung! That’s my house, too!”

Jaehyung was just as angry, pushing the younger off him and starts retorting, “Then don’t talk like you know Brian’s side because you don’t! You know nothing! I don’t care about your house, you know it’s true!”

Wonpil gasps mutely, taking a step back with his eyes wide. Jaehyung runs a hand through his hair and tried to reach out for him, but Wonpil steps back from him, hurt overtaking his expression.

“Sorry. I’m sorry, Pil-ah. It’s just the heat of the — , I’m sorry,” Jaehyung starts pleading at him, desperate.

Wonpil shakes his head and then walks away.


 

Deception

Chan stood beside Ilhyun who had her arms crossed as she stared down the rest of their friends who avoided her eyes. Even after all the fallouts, they still gathered in the classroom. It became a habit to them already. Sungjin and Younghyun sat opposite each other. The rest occupied the empty seats. The air had changed the moment Ilhyun had entered. Chan had confiscated her wand, knowing she’d figured out something was wrong. They all had agreed to tell her nothing but Chan knew she’ll still figure it out.

Ilhyun sighed, Chan looks at her and sees her closing her eyes for a second. Then she looks at Sungjin. Sungjin flinched before holding his head, eyes shutting close. And Chan can see the extreme worry that crossed Brian’s eyes. Chan grabs Ilhyun’s arm.

“Ilhyun, stop,” he says.

Ilhyun stares and goes deeper inside Sungjin’s mind.

“I thought he’s an accomplished Occlumens?” Mark questions and earns a glare from Jinyoung.

He didn’t mean it as an insult. It was purely out of curiosity. And then Sungjin stops. He exhales shakily and then hides his face on Wonpil’s shoulder. But everyone caught a tear escaping his eye. Ilhyun then looks at Brian and invades his mind, looking for the same course of events.

“Bri — “ Jaehyung takes his head to his shoulder.

“Ah, stop!” Brian shouts, eyes closing as he tries to get her out of his mind. “Stop!”

And he starts crying.

“Ilhyun!” Sungjin barks out, moving his arm to draw his wand and throw her a spell.

Chan instantly blocks it, and everyone looks at Sungjin, Brian shaking against Jaehyung. The room turns chiller than when Ilhyun walked in, and ice starts to form on the walls. Seokjin grips his wand, Yoongi does too, their eyes switching back and forth from Ilhyun and Chan to Sungjin.

“Don’t touch him,” Sungjin sneers, pointing his wand at Ilhyun again.

Ilhyun sighs again and the room temperature rises. Slowly, Sungjin lowers his wand, still alert. Ilhyun scans the other’s faces and stops at Yoongi. She reads the guilt on his face as he avoids her eyes. And she had it all connected.

“Are you mad?” Jungkook muttered, pouting a bit between Namjoon and Seokjin.

“Can’t say I’m not,” Ilhyun muttered back.

“I don’t care if you’re mad or not. Touch Younghyun and we’ll see who possesses greater powers between us,” Sungjin threatens.

Ilhyun smirked, chuckling as she shook her head, “I can’t believe you’re this stupid.”

“What did you say?” Sungjin stands up, eyes squinted.

He yanks his arm from Jaebeom’s grip when the younger reached out to stop him. He walks to her and towers, glaring down at her. Ilhyun looks back up at him, head held high.

“You have one person in concern, I have twenty-one,” she says, Sungjin furrows his brows in confusion as he counts them all in his head. “Let’s see who possesses greater powers between us.”

Sungjin squints his eyes as he turns around to go back to his chair. But he turns back around and sends her another spell. Chan blocks again, surprised as betrayal flickers in his eyes. Ilhyun holds out her hand towards him and her wand flies to her. And as soon as she held it, the atmosphere changes. Everyone stood up in alert, the chairs and desks disappearing.

Jaehyung still held Brian against him, the Gryffindor still shaking. Seokjin and Yoongi stand in between Sungjin and Ilhyun, the others backing up. They stood back-to-back, Seokjin facing Sungjin and Yoongi facing Ilhyun. Yoongi leans back a bit to whisper to Seokjin.

“We have Phoenix cores here,” he says. “We can’t let this go on.”

“I know,” Seokjin whispers back. “Wand down.”

Ilhyun obeys easily, Chan taking her wand again by snatching it from her hand. Sungjin slightly puts his head down, glaring at Ilhyun over Seokjin and Yoongi’s shoulders.

“Wand down, Sungjin,” Seokjin raises his wand and points it at him.

Brian collects himself and peeks from Jaehyung’s shoulder. Jaehyung glances down at him and then to Sungjin whose eyes still displayed anger. And he realizes something.

It seemed like it wasn’t Sungjin. He seemed like a different person at that moment. It was like when Brian was attacked by a Dementor. The only difference was — Sungjin still had even a bit of control over himself back then. This time, it seemed like he’s lost it. Jaehyung guesses it was stress.

“Sungjin,” calls Seokjin again.

Sungjin flinched, his glare intensifying as his eyes get darker.

And Seokjin flicks his wand, “Expelliarmus.”

Sungjin’s wand flies from his grip to Seokjin and the Gryffindor catches it. Sungjin puts his arm down, hand clenched into a tight fist. Yoongi steps from behind Seokjin and as soon as he looked at Sungjin, he hears his thoughts.

“You need to calm down. You need to get a hold of yourself. Younghyun’s okay now, see? If you don’t calm down, you’re going to hurt everyone. It’ll only get worse. And you’ll lose them. You’ll lose everyone. You’ll lose Wonpil, you’ll lose Dowoon, you’ll lose Younghyun. Everyone. They’ll be disappointed in you. Listen to Seokjin. He’s still older than you albeit for only a month. Listen to him. He’ll help — “

“I know you’re just protecting Younghyun, Sungjin, but getting back at Ilhyun won’t do anything,” Seokjin walks to him.

Sungjin looks down, guilty.

Seokjin puts a hand on his shoulder, “You can lose something just as you might gain something from getting mad. Everyone’s coming from somewhere — you from protecting Younghyun; and Ilhyun from keeping the group together. Do you understand what I’m saying?”

Sungjin nods before muttering almost inaudibly that only Seokjin can hear him, “I just… I always feel mad when something happens to Younghyun and I don’t like it. I feel like this… love is not benefitting anyone — I-I can’t stand it when he gets hurt, even more after I hurt him.”

Seokjin sighs and squeezes his shoulder, “Listen, the world is not all black or white. In each of us, we have both light and dark and that’s okay. It’s human to feel, Sungjin. But these feelings do not define who we are. It’s how we choose to act on it. It’s our choices that define who we are, Sungjin. Are you going to let it take over and control you? Or are you going to first understand yourself and why you’re feeling that way?”

Sungjin stares at the ground as he understands his words. Seokjin pats his shoulder before letting go and turning to walk to Ilhyun.

“And you,” he says. Ilhyun looks up at him to listen. “Just because you have exceptional powers doesn’t mean you’re the strongest and you get to be above everyone else.”

Seokjin pauses.

“You’re still young. You still have a lot to learn. Using your powers as a means to have things go the way you want them to go is not right. You’re abusing it. Don’t let your powers control you. Don’t let it dictate anyone just as you won’t let it dictate you. Power is not everything, Ilhyun,” Seokjin adds.

Ilhyun nods in understanding. Seokjin pulls a small smile before nodding towards Sungjin. Ilhyun approaches the Hufflepuff and bows to him.

“I’m sorry,” she says.

She sees Sungjin bow as well to her, muttering the same words back. They apologize to the others as well, Sungjin avoiding Brian’s eyes which stared at him. Sungjin apologizes for the most to Chan. He had seen the betrayal in the younger’s eyes earlier and he was scared that the boy won’t trust him anymore. Yoongi sighs, closing his eyes as he did.

“Why don’t we leave?” Jackson speaks up.

Jaebeom nods in agreement, “The air here is uncomfortable now.”

And they do leave as they assured Sungjin that they were fine and that they understand him.

“I mean, I was mad too but I prioritized making sure Brian was okay,” Jaehyung shrugs.

Sungjin learns something new. Ilhyun leaves the room last, Chan waits for her to come out. Chan smiled at her, throwing an arm to put on her shoulder as they follow the gang. Sungjin and Wonpil were in front of them, Jaehyung and Brian in front of them.

“Pil-ah,” Sungjin whispers as he watched the two best friends in front of them.

Wonpil looks at him.

“You’ll be alright. You and Jaehyung,” Sungjin looks at his best friend and smiles a bit.

Wonpil looks ahead.

“You will be,” Sungjin pats his shoulder.

“I’m not leaving you, hyung,” Wonpil sighs.

“I’m not implying that. I’m just saying, it’s either you or Jaehyung who will give up his pride and approach the other,” Sungjin says.

“Certainly not me,” Wonpil pouts.

Sungjin laughs a bit at him. In front, Jaehyung squeezes Brian’s shoulder.

“Bri, what if…” Jaehyung trails. “What if Sungjin ends up with someone else? Over the time you’re apart?”

Brian shakes his head, “No. He won’t. Maybe not until we settle things properly.”

Jaehyung raises a brow, “How can you say?”

Brian looks down, “Because he’s a Hufflepuff. And Hufflepuffs are loyal.”

Jaehyung’s eyes softened at him, “What about you? What if you end up with — “

“No,” Brian cuts. “I can’t end up with someone else. Not when I know I will never forgive myself for this, for hurting him. I saw him cry, his eyes glistened because of his tears, for once. Nothing will hurt me the most than seeing the sparkle in his eyes disappear.”

Ilhyun suggests they go to the Astronomy Tower for fresh air and tranquility. Her fellow second-years agree. They follow them up the tower. Sungjin inhales the fresh air, walking to the edge of the tower to look at the view. The air was blowing constantly, considering the altitude. It wasn’t too cold nor too hot, just the right chillness. Sungjin looks up at the sky and watches the clouds move slowly. They didn’t realize it was getting dark already and dinner was nearing. And Sungjin remembers something about the sky —

“Night Sky,” he hears someone whisper ever so softly and he looks back to see Brian just pass by him, head looking up as well.

Ilhyun looks around the tower silently, Chan still beside her. He was walking alongside her, following her around. They get a little further away from the group and stand by the railing. Chan looks at her as she stares out into the view, and he smiles a bit at the serenity on her face, much like the surroundings. Then she looks at him with a small, barely seen smile on her lips.

“I like you, you know?” Ilhyun mumbles to him.

Chan smiles back, “I like you too.”

“No, I mean, I like you,” Ilhyun repeats.

Chan frowns, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. And he realizes it, “Oh, like… marry… future… like me type?”

Ilhyun chuckles, head shaking, “You have a weird way to put it.”

Chan scratched his head in embarrassment.

“But, yeah. I trust you with my life. Really. I… you’ll always be special to me, Chan. And,” Ilhyun sighs and turns to him fully. And Chan sees something flicker in her eyes. “I’m sorry.”

And then Yoongi holds his head, gasping. He stumbles back and holds onto the cobble railing.

“Hyung? What do you see?” Hoseok asks as he goes to his aid.

“Il-Ilhyun,” he pants. “Ilhyun’s — she’ll kill — no, they’ll kill someone.”

“What?” Jimin furrows his brows.

And everyone looks at the Slytherin who stood beside Chan. Chan furrows his brows before Ilhyun pushed him back, as if telling him to go back to the group, and snatches her wand from his grasp as he stumbles back. And they hear footsteps up the tower. Snape and Dumbledore arrive then. And something black comes flying over. There were about ten of them that flew in.

“Death Eaters,” whispers Mark.

They flew around the room and everyone whips their wands out to try to attack. Yet their spells don’t hit one of them. Snape and Dumbledore shield them back as the Death Eaters land in front of them, behind Ilhyun, grinning wickedly.

“Ilhyun?” calls Chan confusedly.

“Are you really?” Dumbledore softly questions as he steps forward.

Ilhyun nods her head a bit, almost unnoticeable, and elbows a Death Eater, who was about to step forward as well, on his abdomen. She glares at him and looks back at the Headmaster. Chan openly reads the regret in her eyes. But it was only for a second as another emotion takes over her eyes — fear.

“We can still help you, Ilhyun. Chan can still help you,” Dumbledore says, glancing at the Potions Master beside him. “And Severus…”

Snape looks back at them before walking to the Death Eaters’ side. Dowoon tries to grip Chan’s right arm but the younger was faster, raising it to throw spells at Ilhyun, yelling at Snape to fight back.

“Severus — “ Dumbledore stops when the professor turns to black smoke, flying out of the window before Ilhyun does, following him.

And a Death Eater sends the Killing Curse to the Headmaster, killing him.

“No!” Chan shouts and points his wand at them. “Confringo!”

He maims the majority of them before they were able to escape. Chan kneels beside Dumbledore and starts tearing up as he looks at the peaceful expression on the Headmaster. He grips his wand until his hand starts shaking and the wind blows harshly. His powers were starting to get loose. Brian crouches beside Chan and pulls the younger’s head to him. Chan cries harder. The wind blows a little harder before it abruptly stops like the world had stopped moving completely when Brian embraces him fully as if to protect him.

 

~~

 

The Chosen One

“Bang,” calls McGonagall as they all stood in the empty Great Hall.

Chan kept his head down as the gang parts to reveal him.

“Bang, you’re our only hope,” says McGonagall.

Chan kept quiet.

“You’re the only one who can stop — “

“Ilhyun’s a Death Eater?” Chan cuts off, mumbling.

McGonagall stopped. Chan raises his head to look at her. Yoongi looks away.

“Ilhyun is a Death Eater?” Chan raises his voice. “You knew, didn’t you? You all knew! Yet you let her stay here! Why — “

“She’s not just a Death Eater, Bang,” McGonagall says. “Yes, Professor Dumbledore knew she’s a Death Eater. And, of course, Professor Snape.”

“How can she be any more than a Death Eater?” Chan furrowed his brows.

McGonagall looks at him, “With her powers, she might as well be their leader.”

Anger seeps out from the Gryffindor, “So why did you appoint me to help her control her powers?”

“Because you’re our weapon to defeat the Death Eaters — “

“You can’t expect me to kill her just like that!” Chan shouts. “She’s still my friend, I — “

Sungjin grabs him and pulls him to him, Chan breaks down again.

“I’m not saying that you should be the one to kill Ilhyun,” McGonagall says. “I’m saying you can stop her.”

She sees the confused look on the others and she continues.

“No one is born a villain,” says McGonagall. “Ilhyun’s powers are more of a dark than light. And we believe you can overshadow that darkness with your light.”

Chan buries his head on Sungjin’s shoulder, hands gripping at the older’s shirt.

“You’re not killing anyone, Chan,” whispers Sungjin. “She won’t let you. You understand what I’m saying, right?”

Chan nods.

 

--