Fourth Year

Cosmos

Sequel

“Professor Moody is obviously not the best one we’ve had, isn’t he?” Jimin, the new addition to their group since Yoongi dragged him along, says as he leaned back and crossed his arms.

“Let’s rank the Defense Against the Dark Arts professors we’ve had!” Taehyung says. He was one of the new members of their group, a Hufflepuff.

“How can you contribute to that? We’ve been here for only a year and a half,” laughs Youngjae, a Hufflepuff too.

“Well, obviously, Professor Lupin would top it!” Taehyung pouts.

“Something’s wrong with Professor Moody,” Dowoon mumbled.

“Of course. Do you see how he’s always pissed at something? And he had no mercy at that spider,” Jackson says.

“You’re scared of spiders,” Jaebeom looks at him with a comical grin.

“Not the point! The point is —!”

“No, really. It’s not that. There’s more. There’s something more,” Dowoon cuts Jackson’s rant. “If he’s an Auror… he wouldn’t be like… that. That was too much.”

Brian glanced at Sungjin. “But it’s also possible that he is like that. We just don’t know him the way Professor Dumbledore does,” Sungjin says.

“Anyway,” Mark sighed. “So, Yule Ball.”

“Ah, god, Yule Ball,” groans Seokjin.

“Can we just stay in the dorms and not attend?” Yoongi mumbled.

“I think not. If that was an option, students would certainly choose that,” says Hoseok.

“If only there was no food,” Brian sighs. “I wouldn’t have been motivated to attend.”

Sungjin chuckled at him, patting his head as he put his chin over his arms that were crossed on the table.

“Is it mandatory to have a date?” Jinyoung questions.

“It’s a Ball. Of course, you should have a date,” Jaehyung says.

“Only fourth years and above can attend. But you can ask a student from the lower year level to go with you,” Seokjin speaks up.

“Are you asking someone?” Namjoon questions.

Seokjin shakes his head and leans back in his chair, arms crossing, “I should but I don’t know who to ask yet. Did anyone ask someone already? Or at least planning to?”

They looked at each other and chuckled.

“You’re all hopeless, damn. Does no one find anyone attractive?” Jinyoung raised a brow.

“I mean,” Mark sat up and stares at him.

“Mark, you’re so flirty,” Jaehyung cackles.

“Hey, I don’t know if a boy can ask a boy as his date to Yule Ball,” Mark scoffs.

“If you can, would you ask Jinyoung?” grins Wonpil.

“Yes — “

“I am already refusing, if you’re even planning to,” Jinyoung instantly cuts Mark.

The Ravenclaw pouts and receives a weird look from Jinyoung.

“Sungjin hyung,” Jaebeom smiles. “What about you?”

“Oh, yeah, Sungjin!” Jaehyung beams. “What about you? Out of everyone here, who would you ask to come with you to the Yule Ball?”

Sungjin looks at each of them and hums, “Dowoon?”

“Ha! — What?” Jaehyung blinked, surprised.

“Me?” Dowoon points to himself, confused and scared since something had changed in Brian’s eyes.

“Well, Jaehyung would take Wonpil,” Sungjin shrugged.

“Eh?” Wonpil cluelessly sounded.

“Why Dowoon?” asks Youngjae.

“He’s the closest to me,” Sungjin simply answers. “So I know him better than anyone.”

“What about Younghyun hyung?” Jimin points to the Gryffindor who had leaned back to his chair.

He was now frowning deeply, eyes staring at the table and he seemed like he was kind of getting lost, too. It seemed like his thoughts were drifting.

“I thought it would be better if I went with someone I know well and vice-versa so I went with Dowoon. Kang Bra was a second choice,” Sungjin explained.

Jaehyung sighed, “Okay, I’ll give you one last chance. Out of everyone here — “

“I already — “

“Uh-uh-uh!” Jaehyung waves his finger in front of him to stop him. “I’m not done yet. Out of everyone here, who would you ask as a date to the Yule Ball?”

“Oh, as a date! Kang Bra,” Sungjin pats the Gryffindor on his shoulder gently.

Jaebeom raised a brow, “What did you think the first one was?”

“I thought who I would ask just to accompany me so I would not be alone so I thought Dowoon. But as a date — “ Sungjin points at Brian. “I get along well the most with Kang Bra.”

“A date, a company, what’s the difference?” Jackson furrowed his brows.

“For one, I wouldn’t ask a company to dance with me,” Sungjin giggles a bit, Brian feels his ears burn.

“What, so you wouldn’t dance with me?!” Dowoon playfully slams his hands on the table.

“I would, but first dance is usually always considered as special or something,” Sungjin says.

“Last dance is special too,” Yoongi points out.

“Well, no one said first and last dance can’t be the same person,” Sungjin rebuts.

“So you’d want Younghyun hyung as your first and last dance?” Taehyung grins brightly, innocently.

The new members, Youngjae, Jimin, and Taehyung, all figured out quickly that something was going on between the Hufflepuff and the Gryffindor. It was easy to tell. With how Sungjin was always easy on Brian, according to Taehyung, when Dowoon nearly got in trouble just for trying to hug him and he lets Brian do anything. With how Brian stares at Sungjin whenever he thinks no one is looking at them, according to Jimin. And with how Brian tries not to close his eyes and simply bask in Sungjin’s voice whenever he speaks, according to Youngjae.

“I’m now thinking to just take him to one dance and then eat throughout the Ball until it ends,” Sungjin grinned.

“This is why we get along so well. You get me,” Brian hi-fives the older and then leans to whisper. “We’ll take all the food and escape to somewhere, you with me?”

Sungjin laughs out loud and pushes the younger’s face away.

Seokjin leaned back and sighed, “I’m going to find someone to ask later.”

“Oh, but before that,” Jaebeom says. “Jackson, we have Quidditch tomorrow.”

“Oh, that’s right!” Jackson groans. “And I still have that Potions essay.”

“If you lowered your pride, you could accept the help that Namjoon is offering,” Mark states.

Jackson sighed heavily and turns his head to the man. Namjoon only looked back.

“But he’s — “

“I’ll tell the captain you aren’t focusing on your assignments,” Jaebeom threatens and Jackson seals a deal with Namjoon, shaking hands with him.

“Good luck with your game!” Taehyung beams, giving them a thumbs up.

“Yoongi hyung, are you rooting for Slytherin or Gryffindor?” Jimin questions.

“What makes you think I’ll even go?” Yoongi raises a brow.

“But hyung, it’s our debut game!” Jackson leans over Namjoon and Seokjin.

“Then congratulations,” Yoongi claps for him.

“Hyung!” Jackson pouts.

“Fine, I’ll go. Does anyone know a charm that would protect my ears from all the screaming?” Yoongi sighs.


 

Roar

“Hyung,” whispers Jackson. “Hyung!”

“Jackson, calm down!” Jaebeom repeats for the third time. “You’ll get injured if you’re too nervous.”

“But I can’t help it! We should have taken the risk last night and snuck out to practice last minute,” Jackson huffs as he puts on his gear.

“Jackson, we have to relax before a game. Having last-minute practices will only tire us out,” Jaebeom counters. “Pass me the quaffle if you’re not sure if you’re going to take a shot.”

“Oh, then fly near me. I’ll be passing to you every time I get near the hoops,” Jackson says.

“No, you should shoot hoops yourself too. We just have to keep scoring until the seeker gets the Snitch. I’ll pass to you if I think you’ll make it, or if I can’t,” Jaebeom says and takes his broom from where it was leaning on the wall.

“Well, I can’t make all of it. You can pass to the other chaser,” Jackson says.

Jaebeom only rolled his eyes and leaves the quarters, following the rest of their teammates. He put a hand on Jackson’s shoulder and squeezed a bit.

“You’ll do fine. Trust me,” Jaebeom smiles before the door opens up.

They mounted their broom and flew out. Jackson hears the cheers of everyone over the beats of his heart and he calms down a bit. He took deep breaths, looking at Jaebeom who swooped down near him after flying around for a moment. Jaebeom was grinning as he looks at the crowd. And they see their friends between the Slytherin and Gryffindor crowd. They were wearing their own colors for neutrality. They see Yoongi just standing there, arms crossed and looking bored as hell. Jackson giggles to himself, head shaking.

Madam Hooch releases the balls by kicking on the box. The Snitch and bludgers fly up, Jackson stares at the quaffle until Madam Hooch takes it and throws it up. Jackson leans forward, eyes zoning in and targeting the brown, large-dimpled ball. He grabs it with one hand and flees the cluster of Slytherin chasers and his two other teammates going for the quaffle.

He zooms towards the hoops, ignoring the cocky smirk that the Slytherin keeper has on his lips. He stopped for a mere second and then zooms in again to the left hoop. He throws the quaffle and it passes the keeper’s hand. It goes in through the hoop and Jackson hears the cheers from the Gryffindors. He flies back to their side when the Slytherins take the quaffle. His hair was ruffled and he looks to the side to see Jaebeom grinning so widely at him.

“Nice one!” Jaebeom shouts at him.

Followed by the other chaser, their captain, “That was good, Wang, keep it up!”

That made the confidence boost up in Jackson and he was grinning as he played. Their captain steals the quaffle from the Slytherin chaser and throws it over to Jackson. Jackson glances ahead of him and then to his side before turning around and hitting the quaffle over to Jaebeom with his broom. Jaebeom catches the quaffle and dodges the Slytherin chaser ahead of him.

“Shoot!” he hears Jackson shout at him distantly.

He narrowly dodges the bludger heading for him and throws the quaffle to the ring. It goes in, earning cheers from Gryffindors.

“Hyung, look out!” Jackson calls out and he instinctively flew upwards, again narrowly dodging another bludger hit towards him.

He flies back when the Slytherin chasers get the quaffle. He hi-fives with Jackson, smirking as the younger grinned widely at him while he reminds him to look out for bludgers. Jaebeom thanks him.


 

That First Night

“Younghyun. Younghyun-ah.”

Brian stirs in his bed and carefully opens his eyes. He raises his hand to cover his eyes from the moonlight that streamed through the window next to his bed. He let out a low, silent groan and turns his head. He sees two heads and he blinks a couple of times.

“Hyung, get up,” Jackson whispers, tapping him on his arm.

“Why? I’m sleepy. And it’s, Merlin, what time is it?” Brian complains.

“It’s midnight,” Jaebeom answers.

Brian groans again, “Why do I have to get up?”

“Because Sungjin hyung’s — “

“Sungjin hyung’s what?” Brian sat up instantly, taking his robe from where it was hanging.

Jaebeom rolled his eyes, “He’s waiting for you in the Room of Requirement.”

“Why?” Brian furrowed his brows.

“Beats me,” Jackson replies. “Go. He told us to wake you up at this time, we have no idea why.”

“Maybe he’s looking for someone to kill him,” hisses Brian as he stood up, swinging his robe over him, shivering as he does.

Jaebeom chuckled, “Be careful. Don’t let Filch catch you.”

Brian hums and trudges out of their dorm. He steps down the common room and leaves through the portrait. He silently, and sleepily walks down the stairs. He takes his wand out and whispers a charm.

“Lumos.”

The tip of his wand lit up as he walked around, hiding behind the columns or statues from time to time whenever he hears small sounds. He successfully gets to the Room of Requirement safely and the room lights up dimly. He closes the door carefully and then turns around. Sungjin sat on a couch in the middle of the room, twirling his wand in his right hand as he leaned to his knees with his elbows.

The small, soft smile he has on his lips slowly spread to a grin when he saw Brian already scowling when he turned around to face him. He was wearing one of his sweaters, a black one, and some pants. He also has his robe draped on his back. Brian, on the other hand, wore pajamas since he was sleeping and didn’t bother to change.

“So? Are we dueling? Cause I am in the mood to kill or at least destroy something right now,” Brian speaks and Sungjin grins wider as he stood up. “Come on. You ruined my sleep. Take responsibility.”

“Sorry,” chuckled Sungjin as he took steps towards him. “We’re not dueling.”

“Then what?” Brian questions, disappointment clearly lacing his voice. “What did you think of to get the Room to appear?”

“You,” Sungjin answers. “And something else.”

Brian looks at him suspiciously, his eyebrow raising.

“Do you have a date for the Ball already?” Sungjin smiles, stopping right in front of him.

“Oh, yeah. I asked some girl a year below. You?” Brian nods at him. “Oh, were you going to — I don’t think boys can ask boys, though?”

Sungjin shakes his head, “No, I have a date already too.”

“Oh. How disappointing,” Brian grins comically.

Sungjin grins back a bit, “Would you have said yes? If I asked you?”

“Yeah, why not? Man, I wouldn’t have any obligations to ask someone to dance whatsoever,” Brian sighs dreamily. “We’d be eating all night.”

Sungjin chuckles, nodding in agreement.

“So why are we here?” Brian looks around. “The couch you were sitting on earlier had disappeared. And the lights are dimly lit. What are we going to do here? Sleep? You could have just let me sleep peacefully in my dorm, you know —?”

Sungjin takes both of Brian’s hands and puts them on his shoulders. Brian blinks confusedly, head tilting to the side a bit in wonder.

“Keep quiet and just go with it,” Sungjin mutters, as he cautiously slides his hands on Brian’s waist.

“If we’re gonna do this, do it right,” Brian demands, pulling Sungjin’s hand to him already.

Sungjin chuckled again, feeling his nervousness slowly dissipate. Brian leads, stepping to his left. Sungjin follows and they sway slowly, the Room providing them soft background music.

“You could have just told me you wanted to learn to dance,” Brian says, confidently looking at Sungjin’s eyes that were, as usual, sparkling.

Sungjin his lips, That’s not what this is about, but okay.

He took a deep breath and lets his body move on its own. His arms moved, wrapping themself on the taller one’s waist to pull him flush against him. Brian complies easily, his arms also wrapping around Sungjin’s neck.

“You didn’t tell me your birthday was on the 19th,” Sungjin whispers to his ear.

“It didn’t matter to me,” Brian sighed.

“I could have given you a present.”

“That’s why I didn’t tell you,” Brian retorts and lets his head rest on Sungjin’s shoulder, eyes closing.

Sungjin relaxes, breathing out in content and arms tightening around Brian. “Happy birthday.”

“Thank you. Your embrace is so warm. Your date is lucky,” mumbled Brian.

Sungjin kept quiet and continued swaying. And he burns the moment to his mind. Brian suddenly pulls back but remains in his arms. The younger gazes to his eyes and he returns the favor, curious. His eyes flicked down and watched Brian his lips. Sungjin looks back up at his eyes and his arms around him loosens. Brian completely pulls back then.

“You didn’t need practice, though?” Brian blinks.

I know. Sungjin shrugged, “Maybe I was just nervous.”

Brian laughs a bit, “You don’t have to be. The embrace makes up for it, believe me. If she thinks it’s rubbish, she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.”

That made Sungjin smile again, nodding, “Thank you.”

“Have you had any sleep yet?” Brian inquires.

“No,” Sungjin shakes his head.

“You’re really nervous, huh? You don’t have to be with her for the whole night. Girls just want someone to dance with them while they’re there. She won’t dance with you alone all night, some other guys are gonna ask her,” Brian explains.

Sungjin nods quietly and Brian grins, nudging him.

“Don’t be nervous!” Brian giggles. “If you want, we’ll be near you two so you don’t have to find me after.”

Sungjin smiles a bit, but it didn’t reach his eyes, “Thanks, Kang Bra.”

“Hm, so let’s go?” Brian tilts his head to the door.

“You go on. I’ll — “

Brian narrows his eyes at him and crosses his arms. He raised a brow, silently telling him to continue what he was going to say. Sungjin sighed, eyes closing, before taking Brian’s shoulders to turn him around. Then he drapes himself on his back, pushing him forward a bit. Brian walks then, and he looks like he has a cub on his back.

“The Fat Lady isn’t going to like it when she sees you with me again. We’re not supposed to let others know where our dorm is. She let us go once when we were first-years,” Brian mumbled as he walked slowly and quietly.

Sungjin his lips before putting it right next to his ear, “Kang Bra.”

“Hm?” hums Brian, glancing back at him before jumping behind a statue, pushing him against it before taking his arms from his neck and turning around.

Slowly, Brian takes them both down to crouch, eyes fiercely watching Filch walk closer and warily look around. Sungjin held his breath when Brian moved closer to him, chest slightly pressing against his and head next to his.

“Come out, wherever you are. Don’t make this worse than it already is,” Filch grumbles behind the statue they were hiding in.

Brian moved even closer and relaxes against him. Sungjin shut his eyes close and bit down on his lip, feeling the younger’s leg press against his crotch.

, this is bad, he thinks. This is so bad.

Sungjin puts a hand on Brian’s chest and grabs his shirt. Brian looks at him, hand putting itself on top of his before he signaled him to be quiet. Then he looks back again and watches Filch walk past the statue, muttering curses about students out of bed late at night. Brian relaxed again.

“Kang — Kang Bra,” breathes Sungjin. “Back off. Back off.”

“What? Are you okay? Did I hurt you?” Brian lifts his head a bit and Sungjin pushed him off.

Brian stumbles back and Sungjin lets himself fall apart, leaning his whole body against the statue and breathing heavily. Brian looked hurt but went near him again, putting a hand on his forehead.

“Hyung, you’re burning up,” he whispers worriedly. “Are you okay?”

“Just — stay away. Give me a minute,” he feels himself sweat as Brian obliges. “!”

Brian watched him with eyebrows furrowed in concern. He looks down and then instantly looks away, ears turning red. Sungjin closed his eyes again, putting his arms between his legs.

“Your leg was pressing against me,” Sungjin mutters.

This is bad, Brian thinks. I’m getting ha — this is so bad.

“S-Sorry,” Brian stutters. “I didn’t — I was worried we’d get caught — I — sorry.”

Sungjin took a deep breath and then shook his head, “It’s alright. You didn’t know. Let’s go, it’s getting late.”

Brian stands up with him and keeps his head down as he followed the older down the corridors. Sungjin looks back and chuckles so softly. He takes the younger one to him by his shoulders and smiles at him.

“Yah. Later at night, meet me at the Room again, okay?” Sungjin says. “Before the Ball ends.”

Brian peeks up at him, “Why?”

“Oh, just come. I’ll be waiting for you, hm? Don’t stand me up, Kang Bra,” Sungjin slightly beams and even in the dark, Brian sees his eyes shine.

Brian pulled a small smile, “I’d never.”

Sungjin grins widely.


 

This Last Night

It was after Brian ate that he excused himself from their table. His friends had also just eaten, asking their date to dance with them once. Then the girls were off on their own. Brian had seen Sungjin. He saw him dancing with a girl with whom Brian guessed as his date. They were talking continuously as they danced and they looked happy. He had seen the girl look around and look at him straight in the eyes whilst Sungjin was still talking in front of her. Brian had looked away but the girl still stared, smiling and nodding at what Sungjin was saying.

Brian had felt nervous. He felt the girl’s eyes on him for a couple of minutes, Jaehyung even noticed and pointed it out. Brian just nodded it off. After their dance, Sungjin had escorted the girl to her friends, helping her sit by their table. Brian heard the other girls gush at him and Sungjin had giggled shyly. Then the Hufflepuff went back to their table. He talked with the others for a bit, Brian kept his eyes on the table. He had felt a tap on his shoulder when Sungjin walked past him. And then Sungjin was leaving the Ball.

Brian had crossed paths with Snape when he was leaving the Hall and he had been asked where he was going, considering the teacher just caught other students snogging inside some of the carriages. Brian had said he was going to the toilet. Snape outright looked like he doesn’t believe him. He had stared him down before briskly walking past him and, unbeknownst to him, had smirked to himself as he walked to the teacher’s table. Snape very well knew where he was going. He had seen Sungjin leave before, after all. But he didn’t try to stop them since he knows they’re both cowards and neither is going to take the first move.

Brian walks down the empty corridors, since everyone was in the Hall or courtyard, and jogs over to a part of the wall when he noticed the grooves on it. He looked around before pushing the door open and slipping in. He carefully closes the door and then turns around. His breath gets taken away by the man in front of him. He forgot how good Sungjin looked tonight. Brian couldn’t describe what he wore but it was similar to what he had once seen his parents deal with, a suit. He was wearing an all-black of it.

Most of the guys wore a bowtie but Sungjin wore nothing, like himself. Brian’s father had mentioned in the letter, when he delivered his outfit for the Ball through an owl, how bowties are common with boys so he didn’t give him one. Brian just went with it. He was satisfied since he made several heads turn his way, there were even some boys who looked over. His date had also told him how stunning he looked. And Jaehyung and the others had to hype him up. Seokjin had admitted he looked good (like him) when he was helping him fix his coat.

They, the fourth years and above, were gathered by the entrance of the Great Hall with their dates talking to each other as well when Sungjin arrived, together with his own date. Brian had frozen up the moment he saw him and his date had nudged him out of it. Everyone had complimented the older, how he looked the most mature out of them all. Brian thinks he’s a kid at heart. And even now, he can’t help but freeze up when he sees the Hufflepuff.

Sungjin grins up at him, “You still look good.”

Brian snaps back, “Shut up, I just finished wolfing down food seconds before.”

Sungjin’s grin widens, “And?”

The Hufflepuff steps back and scans him from head to toe, twice. Brian had to raise a brow at him in question to make him stop. Sungjin’s grin had morphed into a soft smile then. He glances at the wall, Brian does as well. There was a wall clock showing the time — 11:50 PM. Then Sungjin looks back at him.

“What? Why are we here?” Brian blinks.

Sungjin reaches for his hands and he lets him put them on his shoulders, “Last dance?”

Brian pulls back and laughs as he feels his ears burn. It was so cheesy and he found Sungjin cute at that moment. Sungjin had frowned, eyes flicking down to the floor as he his lips. And Brian feels the air change. He smiles and puts his hands on the older’s shoulder, his other hand taking Sungjin’s hand and putting it on his waist.

“I knew you didn’t need help in dancing. Whisk me away,” Brian grins.

Sungjin’s features had softened as he smiled a bit, his other hand holding his waist. Brian can see the disappointment in his eyes, which were avoiding his own.

“Hyung,” Brian gently calls. “I wasn’t laughing at you.”

“Kang Bra, there’s only two of us here. And that clock. Don’t tell me you were laughing at the clock,” Sungjin mumbled, still avoiding his eyes.

Brian pulls him closer, lacing his fingers together by Sungjin’s nape, “No. I just thought it’s cute that you really consider things such as first and last dance as something special.”

“You don’t?” Sungjin finally looks at him.

“I usually don’t. But my last dance is you, considering how it’s — “ Brian glances at the clock, “ — five minutes before twelve. So I consider it special now.”

Sungjin blinks, Brian smiles, “Everything I do with you is special, you know. You. You’re special to me. Didn’t I already say that?”

Sungjin hums, smiling a bit as he nodded. And then he was looking down again. “What about your first dance?”

“My first dance was my date,” Brian says and Sungjin looks back up at him.

Brian stares at his eyes as if they were saying something to him. And then his lips part. Sungjin bites his own and looks away.

“No, you’re my first dance. You danced with me at midnight.”

“Well, it’s not really considered an official one since the Ball hasn’t started yet — “

“Does that matter?” Brian cuts. “It was still the 25th when we danced. Does it matter if it happened before the Ball started?”

Sungjin looks at him, hands squeezing his waist before wrapping his arms around it, taking the younger around the Room. Brian lets him lead him away.

“Does it matter?” Brian asks again. “What matters is we consider it as a dance on the 25th when the Ball was held. What matters is that it was you and me. What matters is that we danced. Together. With each other.”

Sungjin’s heart felt lighter and he gulps, nodding silently. Brian pulls him again.

“I don’t know about you but you’re my first and last,” Brian says, and Sungjin sees disappointment cross his eyes.

Sungjin tugs him closer as well, “Me too. I asked you to come at that time to dance with you. And I asked you to come here tonight to dance with you.”

He pulls him again, finally flush against him, when they heard the bell chime, signaling that it was officially midnight. The 26th. Sungjin loosens his arm around him, expecting him to pull back. But Brian remains in his arms. And then he was closing his eyes, head moving closer to his. And his forehead touches his. Brian breathes out through his nose as Sungjin stares at him.

“You know why I love the night?”

Sungjin snorted a bit, “Is this what I think — “

“Because the sky always reminds me of your eyes,” Brian looks at him.

Sungjin looks down at his shoes and giggles, already used to that phrase. He nods a bit, “Yep. I knew it.”

Brian smiled.

“You know, I never had a friend like you, hyung,” he says. “There’s just something about you that I don’t quite find in others. I knew you were something. I had always been drawn to you since I met you on the train when we were first years. And I wanted to stick with you since. I want you to stay by my side, and I want to stay by you. I want to protect you — I just — “

“I know,” Sungjin says and Brian pulls his head back to see him smiling softly at him. “Me too.”

Brian mirrors the smile, only wider, and pulls him in for a tight embrace. And Brian never felt closer to him as he did that moment. He felt like their souls connected. And Brian sighed in content. Sungjin, on the other hand, smiles to himself, arms tightening around the younger and pulling him even closer if possible. He puts one hand behind his head, fingers threading with his hair and he pats it down, still swaying side to side. And Sungjin silently wishes that wasn’t the last time he’d be able to hold Brian like that.

 

--