A Dinner Disaster Part One

Let’s Make It Forever

Baekhyun's POV Three hours Later. 

The Uber finally comes to a stop at the apartment block he calls home, just as a fresh sniffle and salty tears escape. Flashes of snide judgemental stares, the inappropriate comments as he watched some desperate fool try to monopolise all of his boyfriends time resurface like a nightmare. Truly all he wants is too is crawl in to his bed and and forget tonight ever happened. He knows he can't he has a shift at the roadside bar until the small hours of the morning, which he desperately needs after the expensive Uber he called, from the main road as he ran away from the man he's loves. 

 

He had hoped the drive away from that house would help calm him down, all it's done is cement what he's known all along he's never going to fit in with the life Chanyeol has. Tonight has been so eye opening and he's never felt more like a cheap for hire , or an intruder and by god did a couple of people at dinner lead the charge. 

 

Shivering in coldness at the memory of unkind glares and all those snide comments, and his mad sprint across the driveway he completed less than hour ago. He tries to calm the erratic beat of his heart to no avail, his heart is breaking at everything he's endured tonight, glancing up to the third floor to see the lounge light still on just makes his tears fall faster. He should be embarrassed at the state this poor Uber driver has seen him, but he just can't bring him self to care he's well aware he looks a hot mess too. His styled strawberry coloured hair a now mess, tears streaking down his flushed cheeks, certainly doesn't match the demure look he was aiming for. He makes sure he adds 20,000 extra won to the bill and high tales it into the building. 

 

Willing him self not to completely fall apart when he hears the vibrations of his phone, he doesn't need to look at his phone to know who's calling. He just can't face the man who owns heart right now, he's desperate for answers and so wishes that he was strong enough to say it was too soon for dinner with the parents so they could enjoy their bubble more. Instead of that catastrophe, they could of been enjoying a simple dinner of fried chicken and coke, where he got to pay for once, then enjoyed a nice starlight walk. Instead he's had a cruel awakening and his heart broken, he knows Chanyeol too was equally upset as he saw the him push away the true gold digger. He just can't think of it any more as he finally crashes through the front door of home, a surprised Suho turning from his laptop. 

 

"Kiddo what are you doing home, and how did you get here?" Baekhyun says nothing, he can't he's sobbing to hard all he wants is a cuddle thankful that his friend seems to understand as the moment he opens his arms, Baekhyun is throwing himself into his friends arms. "What happened Baekhyun?" 

 

It takes him a couple of minutes to calm his tears, this is what he's need all evening. The whole evening's left a sour taste in his mouth, his heart hurts when he remembers the veiled insults and distaste of the one woman he so desperately wanted to impress. Chanyeol's father and grandfather were the friendliest towards him, he can't help but shiver when he remembers the extra guest. The extra guest that was just so insulting and then bold enough to kiss Chanyeol in front of his very own eyes. Baekhyun remembers how he just stopped in his tracks, they were supposed to be having a private moment one that was interrupted in the worst possible way ever, that kiss was the catalyst to where he is now. 

 

 

Chanyeol at least had the good sense to push that posh Twinkie away before locking on to his own frozen form. His boyfriend quickly resembled a deer in the headlights, before looking absolutely guilty and distraught at what had just transpired. 

 

Baekhyun doesn't remember much of what happened after that, aside from running through the mansion and the sound of his name being called. "Junnie it's was an absolute disaster I should of never of gone, and to make it worse I think my relationship is over too!"

 

Baekhyun doesn't miss the gasp or the muttered profanity from his friend, he's not sure he can be angry at Chanyeol either. Their bubble was bound to pop at some point, despite the gaping hole it's leaving in his heart. finally feeling in control of his emotions he's able to explain what just happened, and why he thinks he's just lost the best thing that's happened to him. Taking a deep breath he recalls every minute of his disastrous night. 

 

Two hours earlier.

"Chanyeol you remember Wook Hanbin he's the son of  Wook Yejin my friend who's husband is a VP at Jun holding. Well he's visiting Seoul for a project and I thought why not invite him to dinner as his parents are out of the country!"

 

As those words leave the elegant Park Family matriarchs mouth, he drops the hand he's holding as if it's a burning ember, about to sear a burn right through their connection. The sharp intake of breath his gorgeous partner lets out is a sign that he too isn't happy, but Chanyeol is far better at a poker face than he is. This other man is beautiful, and clearly from the same upper class, there's an air arrogance in the way he stands, his whole aura complete different from the man beside him. This imposter is impressively dressed in a Gucci velvet suit that not a ready to wear design, hair perfectly styled too. The far too plump cheeks do make him appear a little plastic, but what Baekhyun truly hates is that smirk he's wearing. It's like he knows exactly what he doing when he turns and directs a smile towards Chanyeol.

 

 

He can't help but feel like a limb has been ripped off when Chanyeol moves to greet this extra guest. He knows it's because Mrs Park stands right there with an icy glare that makes even himself cower in fear, Park Soobin is not someone he wants to anger at this stage in his relationship with Chanyeol. 

 

There's no denying Chanyeol gets some of his most beautiful features from his mom, as those eyes are identical and equally intense. Baekhyun takes a moment to discreetly look Soobin up and down, his enthusiasm for this dinner ebbing away with each haute couture item he's able to identify.  A chic bob that all glossiness and shine, expensive matching diamond jewellery, a mikado silk shift dress that is classic Givenchy, stockings no doubt from Italy and a pair of Prada shoes. It may be soft in colour in a soft shell pink, but it screams money and power everything he himself isn't.

 

He can't help but feel a pang of hurt when Chanyeol remains close to this Yejin, and his purple Gucci suit he's not at all jealous off. He doesn't get chance to join in the conversation with Yejin as the scent of expensive floral perfume over takes his senses and he tuned to find Mrs Park inspecting his hair. Hoping to to at least start sone form of rapor he attempts a conversation. "Excuse me Mrs Park"

 

"Baekhyun isn't it,"

 

 "Yes mam, may I say your home is beautiful and the colour of your dress is stunning, the colour really suits you!"

 

"I should hope so, I've completed colour analysis personally with Machiko Mori!"

 

"What an amazing experience that must of been, his color work is incredible!"

 

"You know of his work!"

 

"I study fashion, but my real passion is textiles so yes I do know Machicko Mori one of my classes taught us all about his appliqué method for silk kimono and his creation of colour blending."

 

"Studying fashion, that's an interesting subject to study, cant imagine that it will lead to many job opportunities! Or is your intention to be a stepford style wife and trap a rich husband!"

 

He's stunned, that went south really fast and to his mortification he can feel the flames of embarrassment start to colour to his cheeks, as the triumph shines bright in Mrs Park's eyes. He can feel the panic start to rise in his chest, he knows his love had to tell his mother about them but surely he's not told her how they did meet. He's almost stunned into silence by how quickly tonight is unraveling and they haven't had dinner yet. However the longer he is silent the worse this will be, "I study fashion not to find a husband but to fulfil a dream of being a tailor."

 

"It's still a risky move, do your parents support your decision, I'm told they live in the country!"

 

"Yes they do about an hour from Makpo, I fund my own education currently."

 

"How interesting,!"

 

Baekhyun can tell when a conversation is over, and it's effectively been shut down just in time for Chanyeol's father to hand Mrs Park a drink, the whole exchange given him hope that under that ice Queen facade there's a lady whom he will be able to have a good relationship with. "Where are my manners, Baekhyun would you like a drink, some juice perhaps!"

 

"Now Soobin why would you offer our guest Juice, we can do better then that!"

 

"A soda perhaps!"

 

Truthfully he would love nothing more then a cold glass of champagne, but he's never been good with alcohol and only truly wants to drink it when Chanyeol is close by. Others wouldn't be impressed at the way his gentle kind lover takes care of all the drinks choices, but he's so grateful that he can lean on the more experienced man especially when it comes to wine pairings. He's getting seriously off point though and he knows his thoughts if they continue will lead down to very x rated thoughts. 

 

Something is already erupting in his stomach at all the hard lines he picturing under Chanyeol tight pants and lips shirt. "Water is fine, I'm not the biggest drinker!"

 

The fear he just felt seeping away with the kind smile on Miho's face, "I overheard conversation that you study fashion, now forgive this old man but do you mean like designing!"

 

"Well I take two classes one is a design class, this is where we do all our sketches and where we learn about the mechanics of an outfit. I take a textile class too this my favourite it where we create our ideas and learn how to sow."

 

"Do you want to be a fashion designer?"

 

"Actually a tailor, I've taken a lot of inspiration from the tailors of saville row, and the new age tailors in Japan and Malaysia. I'm actually really lucky to work  at men's boutique in the city where the manager has been helping me understand the lines of suits and how the fabric is important to ensure the final product is pristine!"

 

"What store do you work at!"

 

"I work at Kim, Wong & Walker attire."

 

"Oh I know I've had my assistant pick up suits there, I don't how they do it but they manage to get some very exclusive clothing!"

 

"Yes I was fortunate enough to rent out a casual suit!"

 

"As nice as is been hearing about your mundane work experience, dinner is now ready!"

 

Baekhyun once again flushes in embarrassment at the second shut down of the night, his anxiety is starting to spike in how he's done nothing to make this woman smile.  A warm hand on his back sends shivers down his spine, he knows exactly who's hand is there, and whilst he's positive acknowledging that small shred of support it makes him feel ten times better. As they make their way down a teak floored hallway, this house is truly magnificent once that he would love to have a full tour of. 

 

Heading in to the dinning room, he's stunned at the beauty before him. There's a lot of red and gold brocade on the table and even gold plated plates, its all very grand. He just prays this isn't going to be some multi course feast, he's not sure he's going to be able to stomach so much richness especially before a shift at the bar. He wants to make the man he's fallen for proud, he desperately wishes he took the night off so that he could spend time with this amazing man. Time on their own where their carnal desires can manifest into the sensual lovemaking he's fast becoming addicted too, would be heaven on earth. Perhaps on Sunday when he doesn't have a shift or a class they can spend the evening, maybe go on that simple chicken date. Thoughts of greasy fried food will have to wait, as that warmth at his back is no longer there.

 

He can't hide the soft smile when he sees that his always thoughtful partner has pulls out his chair, what stuns him is how Hanbin slides in to that very chair. The only remaining chair now is opposite Chanyeol and in-line of the ice queen herself. The sharp intake of breath and whispered "spoiled jackass," clearly his boyfriend has cottoned on. The private and discreet pinch of skin between his backside and thighs has him smiling and his heartbeat jumping, maybe dinner might not go so bad after all. 

 

One hour later and the amazing food he's be so very lucky to try tastes like sawdust in his mouth, both he and Chanyeol have had little chance to get a word out. Hanbin has what he can only describe as verbal diarrhoea the pompous and over the top man has not stopped talking. Chanyeol's mother too has practically ignored his existence, and every time anyone tries to change the subject off this obviously selfish and spoiled man the conversation reverts right back to him. It's a small comfort to him to see his living boyfriend has kept his responses small. Yes there's been full table conversations but he's very much out of his depth when the topic briefly changed to investments and interest rates. Right now everyone is talking about premium bonds, which he kind of understands but doesn't either. 

 

Taking a sip of the crisp sparkling water, he's feeling a bit on edge when he sees Park Soobin, watch his every move like a hawk. Hoping the next conversation goes better then their last he tries again "dinner has been fabulous Mrs Park, did you do all of this yourself?"

 

"Are you trying to insinuate that i can't mange wholesome family meals!"

 

"Oh no no no, dinner was so incredible I'm amazed at it all!"

 

"Baekhyun my daughter in law has not lifted a finger in that kitchen for as long as she and my son have been married, she's pulling your leg!"

 

Baekhyun smiles at the wink Chanyeol's Grandfather send his way, but it quickly falls when he sees Soobin's pursed lips and eyes of fire. "I have to say I do see the way my son has looked at you when he thinks no one is looking. However what concerns me is the manor in which you met, I've been told by associates that you have been seen having dinner with my son at least on three separate occasions but I only find out about you this last weekend!"

 

"It's all been very new for us Mrs Park we wanted to be sure of our feelings for each other."

 

"Or do you want to be sure my son is going to fund whatever whimsical fancy you so desire hmm. I know you have already had with my son Baekhyun and in my eyes all you are is my son's desire for flesh!"

 

"Mother that's enough!"

 

Baekhyun lowers his head as anxiety, embarrassment and sheer mortification course through his veins like poison, he can  feel  the tears pool in eyes like sharp dagers he will refuse to let fall. He's not sure what to think as it's likely the entire table heard Soobin disrespect the relationship he has with her only son. He tries not to think about it but this whole diner is like deja vu. Memories of his own parents distaste, screaming  and backhanded slaps fill his memories, "Baekhyun baby!" 

 

The call of his name stops the free fall into memories he'd rather forget, acutely aware that ever one seems to have their eyes trained on him. He would love nothing more than the chance to pelt it out of here full speed but that would be rude, and it's not like he can drive or walk home. The matching smirks on both Soobin and Hanbin faces almost breaks his spirit, but one look at the man he's so desperately in love with, with and those gorgeous orbs he's shared so many secret glances does strengthen his resolve to not let these two see him cry. 

 

"Excuse me I need a moment," Baekhyun hates the way his voice quivers with emotion as he pushes back the expensive velvet diner chair he was sat on. He's not sure of the destination but he needs to get out of this suffocating intensity. The minute he turns he can hear a multitude of voices exclaim "what did you say," and "Soobin you have to stop this!" Before he's out of the dinning room and in the hallway of this massive house. An echo of footsteps not his own clearly in hot pursuit, his heartbeat is erratic but calms the moment his form feels heat on his back, as that familiar aftershave invades his senses the cocoon of safety completes the moment Chanyeol wraps his arms around his stomach. After a moment to calm down, he's spun around to find his gorgeous man looking equal parts guilty, exasperated and concerned. For a fleeting moment he truly thought Chanyeol would burst their little bubble of love, but the fact he's here is further proof of their growing love, this time he doesn't care who finds them, he sniffles and folds himself into that hot hard chest.

 

"I'm sorry about my mother darling, sometimes she has no filter."

 

Baekhyun squeezes against the chest he's resting, "is she always going to be like this!"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She was vicious in fact almost  borderline psycho Chanyeol, I'm sorry I know she's your mom, but I don't think she's going to approve it's like she saw straight through me!"

 

"I head her last statement my darling you are so much mor than A desire for flesh!"

 

"Isn't that what I was in the beginning though, I was paid arm candy. We can say all we want about wanting to be sure of our feelings, but a spade is still a spade Chanyeol I was a sugar baby."

 

"A sugar baby that I fell in love with, who never asked me for anything other than his time and advice. Darling our first few days you ordered salads and drank water, you never accepted anything other than the base rate. Do you know how many times I wanted to spoil you."

 

"I'm glad you didn't."

 

"You understand why I am talking about this now don't you, that I don't see you as just a desire for flesh!" Baekhyun goes to reponded but doesn't get chance when a warm palm land on his cheek, and soft lips capture his own. It's not the passionate sensual kisses they recently started to share, but a soft comforting kiss that is exactly what he needs. "I probably didn't help matters storming away, I've probably confirmed what she was saying."

 

"My father and grandfather will not be impressed, it's not an excuse how she acts bu as Ben indulged and bought up to believe any one not of Pedigree or able to provide connections is not good enough."

 

"Makes so much more sense why Hanbin is here tonight."

 

"He's not a patch on you my darling, he's a little too plastic in places if you get my drift."

 

He can't help but giggle at his boyfriend and his attempt to make him feel better over their discovery of those high cheek bones and fish lips, confirming the age old facts that having money doesn't always mean having class. All jokes aside they both knew tonight was going to be a tough night, the love he has for this man is not something he's willing to give up on. Well he would if this gorgeous man would be happier with the likes of fish lips. It would break his own heart but he would live knowing  Chanyeol was happy. 

 

"My darling prince I know what your thinking, you and I are something even the wildest dreams couldn't create I will not leave you! My father and Grandfather may not of been able to say it out loud but I know the look they shared!"

 

"Maybe your mum too will soon see that the love we have is true!" He'd be a liar if he didn't feel like he's going to need to climb mountains to impress Park Soobin, but it's a relief to know he won't be doing it alone. He's feeling infinitely better save for one pressing need, "darling is there a powder room close by?"

 

"Round this courtyard, keep on this floor and your find the guest powder room behind the fourth door in the left side!"

 

"Ok I think I got will you wait, actually send a search party if I don't come back in 5 minutes!"

 

"I'm just going to answer this email my darling prince, and then we can give my mother a heart attack by waltzing back in holding hands!"

 

Baekhyun smiles at his older sophisticated all alpha male partner, it's refreshing to know that under all that suave sophistication is a kid at heart. It all makes the the last couple of hours worth it. 

 

A couple minute laters later and he finds the powder room, it's as grand as the rest of the house. A Japanese toilet with all those fancy buttons, heated marble floors and organic designer hand soaps and creams. He could spend hours in here preening, a quick once over and his face isn't as red or tear stain as he feared and his white shirt doesn't have any sweat patches taking a moment to calm him self he heads back the way he came. He's almost back rot the spot he left when he hears muffled voices trying to have a quiet conversation, one familiar unmistakable deep voice seems to sound angry.

 

Baekhyun's knows it's rude to eavesdrop but the devil on his shoulder tells him he should sneak closer. Rounding the corner he finds his stunningly beautiful man in a conversation with fish lip's himself, his beautiful man looks completely annoyed at the other man's presence and is only just able to hear words that make his stomach plummet. "He's not very educated is he?"

 

"Did you miss the part about him being a student?"

 

"That's not what I mean and you know it, he's not of our world Chanyeol. Your mothers comment about him being a desire for flesh .."

 

"Is none of your ing business,"

 

"Come on Chanyeol, you should end this before the poor fool falls in love with you."

 

"Your standing on very thin ice Hanbin, I'd be very careful what you say about my intended!"

 

"Oh this is serious, Chanyeol you can't be serious he's  nothing out a stray puppy, your going to get bored!"

 

"Oh off Hanbin."

 

"You should know your mother has no intention of liking the little thing, or accepting him. She's passed him over for a far better candidate!"

 

"Better Candidate, Hanbin I'm not a ing show horse that's up for any kind advantage, my mother may want a vapid  society bride, but I have my sights set on my own choice."

 

"Don't be naive Chanyeol, your soon to be husband will not be who you want!"

 

Baekhyun eyes widen and the tears he tried so hard not to let fall escape at what he sees. His whole heart shatters with a pain unlike anything he's ever felt, he's frozen to his spot at he witness Wook Hanbin take a step closer to his boyfriend, he wanted to scream the moment he saw fish lips rub his hand down Chanyeol's arms. Yet he can't, all he can do is watch in horror as those over glossy fish lips press against his boyfriends soft lips. A atom of emotions he's not ready to feel explode through his own veins as he release a sound that's a mix between a sob and a choke. 

 

Hating how that kiss has only probably been milliseconds, it feels like a lifetime, a lifetime of all the dreams and hopes for his relationship with this man to slip through his fingers like sand. Finally after the longest moment of his life does Chanyeol push Hanbin away, turning towards him with a mix of horror and complete devastation. He knows deep down Chanyeol didn't want that kiss, but he can't get it out of his head. 

 

This is a nightmare, he's always known there would be hardships the more he fell for this man. He never thought he feel like this, broken hearted and the fish lips is trying to portray him as. The kiss and the hatred he felt from Park Soobin is just too much, he can feel the stabbing pain in his heart starting to get to much to bare. He can't stay here, and whilst there an echo of his name being called, he can hear it fully from all the fuzzy numbness. Especially when he sees that horrible man clamp on to Chanyeol to stop him moving to do what he knows his man will want to do. 

 

He can't really see through his tears but he does hear the unmistakable sound of knuckles hitting cartilage, buts his feet are already moving. He can hear the call of his name, but the damage is done and he's already racing over the teak floors and out the door.

 

To be continued......

 

Hello my lovelies, what along time without an update! I know I know I'm cruel to do yet another cliffhanger but hopefully you still will be hooked. I can hardly believe this has the votes it has and that it has over  2000 reads. 

Please be honest with what you think,  Chanyeol's POV is coming I promise.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️