ceasefire

i cant think straight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you thought Minjeong would sprint out the room the moment she said she's not into Jimin...

 

 

 

You're absolutely right.

 

Minjeong thinks that her gay package includes gay panic 24x7, uselessness, and a level 69 flight response.

 

Minjeong is thankful for the universe her path doesn't cross with Jimin's again, but there's always this lingering anxiety that keeps her awake at night.

 

Is Jimin mad at her?

 

Minjeong thinks when it's all over it just comes back in flashes, you know? It's like a kaleidoscope of memories, it just all comes back.

 

Minjeong summons her inner I Knew You Were Trouble self and asked again—

 

Is Jimin ever gonna forgive her for everything she said and everything she did? And the feeling that came along with it?

 

What if...

 

What if Jimin comes home late at night when Minjeong is vividly dreaming and she strangles her to death?

 

Minjeong thinks back to all the items on her bucket list and starts planning on doing them again, hoping she'll have enough time before Jimin—

 

Oh God, Minjeong, what are you even thinking?

 

Turns out she's worrying for nothing.

 

Jimin's back to her can't-be-ed (in both contexts) self, and doesn't even bother looking at Minjeong's direction. Not in their room, not in the campus, not in that laundry shop when they ended up bumping into each other one time.

 

The only difference now is Jimin stays longer in their room recently, just in front of her laptop the majority of the time and whenever Minjeong takes a glance in her side of the room, she's convinced Jimin is hacking NASA or something.

 

So much for having a Computer Science student as your roommate.

 

Jimin is literally an IT girl. 

 

Minjeong facepalms herself for her stupid inside joke.

 

Minjeong wouldn't get caught alive saying Jimin looked so gorgeous in those glasses. 

 

-

 

Minjeong has a brand new goal—annoy the out of Yu Jimin.

 

Okay, it's not that it's Minjeong's agenda or something, but she's just so tired of having a roommate like Jimin who doesn't even talk, doesn't even see that she's there. And maybe, maybe she wants to get back at Jimin for saying she's not into girls and assuming Minjeong will fall in love with her.

 

And maybe she wanted to prove that there's always a little gay inside everyone.

 

Ew, now she feels like those guys who catcall and say "I'll make you straight if you let me."

 

 

 

The first time Minjeong annoys Jimin was totally an accident. 

 

It's not really her fault that she had to stay up late for a project but Jimin has been huffing so loud because apparently Minjeong's study lamp is too bright and the music from Minjeong's headphones is too loud. 

 

How Jimin can hear the faint sounds of her headphones is beyond her. 

 

Jimin wakes up grumpy that morning, moving around like she's tossing 50lbs of things around the room. That says too much because Minjeong is a deep sleeper. 

 

"What the hell is your problem?" Minjeong snaps because one—she was up till 4 am, and it's just 7 am and she barely had enough sleep.

 

"You're the problem!" Jimin bites back.


"What—how-"

 

"I'm late!" Jimin yells.

 

"You're what? Late as in— oh my Gosh I didn't get you pregnant, did I?" Minjeong says, getting up.

 

"The are you on about? It's your stupid lampshade and your stupid headphones that keep on buzzing all night and I barely had enough sleep!"

 

"Oh thank God, I'm not ready to be a mom yet." Minjeong goes back to lying on her bed.

 

Jimin throws Minjeong her dirty hoodie and Minjeong takes it, sniffing it.

 

"You smell good, I'll give you that." 

 

Jimin huffs in irritation, storming on Minjeong's side of the room, grabbing her hoodie back.

 

Jimin closed the door so loud Minjeong knows the girls next door would probably think they're fighting or something.

 

Minjeong goes back to sleep and succumbs to dreamland.

 

-

 

A few more months into the first year and Minjeong finally believes Yi Zhuo.

 

"I keep on telling you, you're like an it gay girl or something." Yi Zhuo explains.

 

"But I'm not even doing anything?" Minjeong whines. It's not like she doesn't want the attention, hell, she lives for it, but still.

 

Sometimes it causes her more inconvenience than what she signed up for.

 

There were just some who can't accept no for an answer and it's just so hard for Minjeong to explain that no, I will not date you just because we have the same favorite color.

 

One thing that she likes about being the campus it gay girl though is finally becoming friends with Uchinaga Aeri.

 

Initially, it was just Yeri that she was hanging out with (of course when Jimin is nowhere in sight) but Minjeong had always wanted to be friends with Aeri.

 

This was since she found out that her friend Yi Zhuo is astronomically smitten by the Japanese.

 

Minjeong still can't get over the fact that Yi Zhuo would literally freeze in front of Aeri for some unknown reason, and Minjeong often jokes that she'll have to start letting Yi Zhuo borrow her rainbow sweater collection.

 

"Aeri!" Minjeong yells one time during lunch when she saw the girl en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter