oh and they were roommates

i cant think straight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong, the ever so clumsy Minjeong, trips into thin air again for the sixty-ninth time today.

 

It's not her fault if you ask her.

 

It's her shoelaces that just keep on getting untied like they have their own life, dated for a year, broke up, and didn't want to get tangled with each other anymore.

 

The huge- box in her arms didn't help either. It covers her face and is larger than her upper body, making it hard for her to see where she's going. She already lost count of how many times she bumped into people on her way to her dorm room. She would mumble an incomprehensible "sorry", her words jumbled because she thought it was a good idea to bite onto her room key.

 

She even heard this one guy who whispered "if you weren't gay, I would have pushed you down the stairs."

 

Now for that Minjeong thanks her rainbow knee-length socks she ordered online last week.

 

And the "PRIDE" pin safely clipped on her unicorn backpack amongst other things.

 

It's not that Minjeong wanted to tell everyone she's gay.

 

It's that she just wanted to let everyone know she's gay.

 

See? It saved her from falling down the stairs just now.

 

Minjeong (barely) sees room number 214 when she accidentally passed by it, huffing as she carefully but not so carefully dropped the huge box she's carrying. She takes her keys from before realizing it was so unsanitary.

 

She opens the door carefully, not bothering to even take a quick glance at the inside of the room.

 

She regretted it the moment she saw her towel-clad, pretty-face, tall--girl, possibly-roommate walking from the bathroom.

 

"Kyaaaaaaah!" 

 

"Waaaaaaah!"

 

Minjeong pulls the door close again, blushing in front of it profusely. 

 

So this is why omma keeps on reminding me to always knock first!

 

Minjeong fiddled on the strap of her bag, waiting patiently outside, attentively listening for anything happening inside her new dorm room.

 

After a few minutes of silence, she knocks on the door to let her roommate know she's coming in.

 

She didn't get any response so she assumed it's safe to do so.

 

She opens it slightly, peeking from the outside, and didn't see anyone. She grabs her box again, pushing it inside before closing the door behind her. 

 

It was a studio-type room, two beds on both sides, a small kitchen, and a bathroom.

 

Still doesn't explain why her roommate was just in a towel when she could have changed inside the bathroom, right?

 

She sees the said girl (thankfully clothed) glaring at her from what Minjeong assumes is her side of the room, so she bows down and greets her, apologizing.

 

"I'm sorry, I should have knocked."

 

The girl doesn't answer and Minjeong knows she ed up.

 

She silently goes on the other side of the room, kicking her box on the floor, too tired to lift it up anymore. 

 

She spends the next few hours getting her things sorted out, not a single word from her roommate.

 

"Uhm, my name's Minjeong." She tries after she's settled in, hoping to make a small conversation out of the girl.

 

"Jimin." The girl answers timidly. 

 

"I'm- I'm sorry about earlier." Minjeong sighs, eyes lowering down.

 

Jimin doesn't say anything. Doesn't even glance in Minjeong's direction

 

Minjeong tries to make a small conversation. "You came here early? My mom didn't want me to come here until the first day of school." Minjeong attempts.

 

"I'm assuming you're a first-year?" Jimin says, voice cold.

 

"Yeah, I'm taking up fine arts." Minjeong answers hesitantly. "You?"

 

Jimin doesn't answer again. Minjeong scratches the back of her neck in awkwardness.

 

"Well, sorry again, Jimin-ssi." Minjeong mutters. 

 

Jimin doesn't look at her, doesn't mind her, doesn't bother acknowledging Minjeong's existence.

 

Minjeong has never wanted to leave South Korea, move to Tristan da Cunha in South Atlantic than that very moment. 

 

She grabs her jacket and phone, in two seconds already bolting towards the door. 

 

"I need to get some uhh dinner. Yeah! I haven't eaten dinner yet so I'll head out and be back later." Minjeong says before opening the door and getting out, feeling suffocated by her uselessness. 

 

Jimin stares at the door and was left wondering who grabs dinner at 1 PM in the afternoon.

 

She shrugged. 

 

She doesn't care.

 

 

Minjeong sees Jimin at the campus for the first time in their second week. 

 

They rarely interact in their room, mostly because Jimin isn't really around half of the time anyway, and would always come home late even during weekends. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter