Chapter 2

Twinkle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo POV

It was already past noon. I had to run back since father might be home anytime soon and I haven’t prepared anything yet. Ahjumma was so adamant for me to learn basics in understanding proper etiquette.

I was even wondering why I need those things. But, I trust her. She have praised my skills on communication and also through numbers. She said I learn quickly but that I was just a lazy lady.

As soon as I got home, I was happy father was not there yet. So I kept my bag, changed into home clothes then started cooking rice before I cleaned the other parts of the house and fed the animals.

Once I was don, the rice was cooked. So I stayed under the tree. Cross stitching again. A little later, father was already walking towards the house. When I saw him, I immediately run to him and kissed him on his cheek.

He had a chicken on his hand traded for his fish. So I got it and cleaned it. I made some chicken soup with lots of veggies. Father went inside and changed before he came out and doing his wooden crafting thing.

He was making some toy to be sold in one of the markets down the hill. He eyed me while I was cooking and him doing his work.

“What did the Ahjumma gave you?” he asked. I actually fidgeted.

“She uh gave me some of the clothes that were not fitting her niece anymore.” I answered, thanking that I was facing my back.

“Really? That’s good of her. Do they fit?” he sounded surprised.

“Yeah, some were and others were just a little big but they can do.” I said as I sat on the chair waiting for the chicken soup to be cooked.” I heard father sighed and stopped what he was doing.

“Is there a problem, father?” I was looking at him then he looked at me.

“As a matter of fact, there is.” He said then turn his head down.

“What is it?” I asked, curiosity killing me.

“Remember Mr. Kwon? The guy who helped me and your mother?” some recognition took place.

“I may seem familiar with the name, why?” I eyed him nervously.

“It’s just that, he came to me early this morning. He was asking for help. He is ready to provide something for us in exchange of doing something for him.” He said.

“And what is that?” I raised my brow in question.

“He asks us to… make his son learn his lesson.” He said, a bit hesitant.

“O..kay, in what way do the see it fit?”

“They want him to live with us… here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter