Chapter 2

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present time

The buzzing sound of her phone vibrating while the shrill bells of her alarm went off was enough to already put Lisa in a bad mood. She has never really been a morning person and she inwardly debating with herself whether it was really worthwhile to get up for her morning class.

Lisa rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, trying to find the motivation and energy to switch her alarm off. While she knows she will be fine once she has some coffee in her, right now all she wanted to do was roll over and go back to sleep, morning class be damned. And with good reason, especially since she had such a workout last night.

“Hmm, turn it off already.”

Suddenly the sleepiness in Lisa all but evaporated and she tensed as she heard the sleep, feminine voice whine behind her. She felt movement on her waist, and she glanced down and realised that there was an arm wrapped around her and holding her close to the body she now realised was behind her.

“What the hell!”

Lisa instantly rolled away from the person behind her and sat up on her bed, glaring at the familiar stranger that had taken ownership to the other half of her bed. The long brown, chocolate locks were all over the place and yet still made their owner look beautiful, feline eyes looking sleepily up at the blonde Thai with a soft smile as a dainty hand came up to rub one of the said eyes.

“Morning Lili.”

“Jennie! What the hell are you doing in my bed?!”

Jennie freaking Kim. The women who completely flipped Lisa’s world fifteen years ago when she was just ten while the brunette was eleven. Despite the two of them being fully grown now, both university students, Jennie still managed to pull such childish antics, like sneaking into her bed for example. And the most frustrating part is that she never seems guilty about it at all. In fact, she looked very content.

“I had a nightmare, so I decided to come sleep with you. That’s okay with you, right?”

Lisa knows that Jennie wasn’t really asking if Lisa was okay with it because the blonde very much was not happy about it. Jennie always did things like this. Just doing whatever she pleased whenever she wanted. She acted like she cared of what Lisa had to say, but she still does what she wants to do.

What else is she supposed to expect from an alpha?

Just the reminder of the brunette’s dynamic was enough to make Lisa fume. She hated it. She absolutely hated the situation she was in right now.

“Like hell it is! You can’t just sneak into my bed like it is nothing! You almost gave me a heart attack!”

Jennie looked up at her lazily before smiling, tilting her head up as she moved her arm to half cover her face, pulling a seductive pose.

“Oh? But you didn’t seem to mind cuddling into me in the night. In fact, you are the one who cuddled me first.”

Even though Lisa was unsure if Jennie was telling the truth or not, she couldn’t stop the blush that crawled along her face. She hastily began to stumble out of bed, shaking her head.

“T-There is no way that is true! You’re lying!”

“Oh but why would I lie about something like that Lili? I have been nothing else but truthful to you our whole lives.”

“Now that is a lie, and you know it.”

“Oh you wound me, Lili.”

Lisa refused to turn around to look at the brunette, instead taking her phone and switching off the alarm before moving as far away from the bed as possible. It was too early to be so annoyed, but Jennie Kim is known to work miracles and she always knew just how to get underneath the blonde’s skin.

Stupid Alpha, Lisa thought to herself as she walked into the walkthrough closet in her room to choose her outfit for the day before placing it on her working desk. She then moved to take off her pyjama top when she suddenly froze, remembering that she was not alone in the room. She snapped her head around and saw that Jennie’s feline eyes were now locked on her body, lingering on skin which was just revealed as she started lifting her top. She her lips.

“Don’t mind me.” Jennie said, her eyes lighting up playfully as she propped her head up with one hand and gazed at her. Lisa scowled and she tugged her shirt back down.

“I do mind. Get out.”

“But I’m so comfy, and I want to spend time with you.”

“Well I don’t, go away. I don’t bother you when you go shower.”

“You make it sound like I would be bothered if you did. By all means, you are welcome to come join me in the shower. Wait…is that an invitation right now?”

Jennie suddenly perked up and smiled at the blonde cheerfully, suddenly looking very excited. And Lisa immediately blushed again and began to fumble.

“How on earth did you come to that conclusion? No!”

“But you have a big shower and I know it can get lonely.” Jennie started, getting up from the bed as she had a fixed flirty smile on her face as she began to walk towards Lisa. Lisa immediately shook her head and began to walk to the connected bathroom with hurried steps.

“Who gets lonely while taking a shower? Leave me alone! You are not joining me!”

“But Lili, we should start saving water…showering together is an effective way of doing that.”

“We are not in a drought! We are not doing that! Go away!”

Lisa darted into the bathroom and closed the door, immediate turning the lock to prevent the oncoming alpha from joining her. Because once Jennie decides something, she will do whatever it takes to do it. So Lisa had to think ahead most of the time to prevent herself from being pulled into one of the brunette’s ideas. Petulant knocks then could be heard on the door, along with a whiny Jennie.

“Lili, open up. Let me shower with you.”

“No. Go to your own room and take your own shower.” Lisa said through the door, going to the shower and turning the taps to start the running water. She heard Jennie whine again through the door.

“You are so mean to me Lisa.”

“Not mean, just surviving.” Lisa quipped back, smiling victoriously to herself as she began to strip herself out of her pyjamas. She heard Jennie whine again and a few more knocks to the door before finally silence. Lisa sighed in relief as she stepped into the shower and began to wash herself. “Stupid alpha.”

Situations like this was fairly common in Lisa’s life. While Jennie hasn’t snuck into Lisa’s bed for a while due to a lot of her own studies she has been dealing with, along with her work with her family, Jennie always somehow wiggled herself into some part of Lisa’s day. Albeit today she decided to insert herself in Lisa’s morning and the blonde had more than a few choice words about it.

What else is she to expect from an alpha? They always do what they want, and Jennie is no exception to it.

When Lisa first met Jennie, she didn’t realise that the brunette was an alpha. She just knew that she didn’t like the girl because of the way she looked at her through the fence of the orphanage. She looked at Lisa as if she was some sort of caged animal and Lisa hated it. She wanted nothing to do with the girl. But since life was so unfair to Lisa already, why not just add another cup of unfairness to her life?

And to make things worse, she learned fairly quickly that Jennie was an alpha, along with most of the Kim family who suddenly became part of Lisa’s life.

Lisa still can’t believe she has come this far in life. Albeit she is thankful that she avoided being taken to a brothel when she reached eighteen, instead spending her eighteenth birthday with Jennie and a few friends as Jennie threw a birthday party for her. She didn’t leave the omega’s side at all that night. It was annoying but sweet at the same time.

But mostly annoying.

Lisa sighed as she rinsed out the shampoo in her hair before finally stepping out the shower, wrapping herself up in a towel before unlocking the door and peeking out to see if she was alone in her room or not. And thankfully she was, the alpha nowhere in sight which clearly told Lisa she had left to go to her own room. Lisa let out a relieved sigh as she then walked to her working desk to change into her clothes, no longer feeling the need to rush due to the lingering eyes of anyone.

She dried her hair after she changed and then put on some light makeup before leaving her room, making sure to grab her backpack and double checking that she had all her books for the day before leaving her room.

The Kim mansion was huge to say the least. It was very large, it being the main place where most Kim family reunions recalled. To say that the Kims were rich was an understatement. Kim Tae-hee, Jennie’s mom, was the CEO of Kim Industries, one of the largest companies in the world who practically had their thumbs in most aspects of every possible business. Medical, engineering, entertainment, you name it, the Kim Industries were involved somehow. And Kim Tae-hee was also one of the most dominating alphas in society, a very well-known one at that who was famous for her beauty and intelligence.

And Jennie’s dad was also not one to be overlooked. Kim Ji-Hoon, previously Jung Ji-hoon, but who was better known as Rain was one of the most popular entertainers in the world. He was a worldwide singer and actor, and he was one of the most desired betas in the world, as voted in most magazines and surveys.

The love story between Tae-hee and Ji-hoon was quite the romantic one. Ji-hoon obviously married into the Kim family with him being a beta, but he was so successful all on his own. He in fact did not know that the youngest CEO of Kim Industries had a crush on him with every intent to make him her mate. It was apparently love at first sight for Tae-hee when she first saw Ji-hoon performing as Rain onstage at an award shows that Tae-hee was attending. Tae-hee fell for him the moment he happened to lock eyes with her in the crowd and she immediately planned to make her move on him.

Albeit it was not immediate as Ji-hoon was beta. Betas were not as responding to alphas like omegas were, so Tae-hee could not expect a fast romance with Ji-hoon at all. She had to be patient and allow the relationship to blossom naturally, even though all she wanted was to jump him and mark him as hers.

But to cut a long story short, the two of them got married and became mates, both marking each other and making the front-page news of every gossip magazine who held the inside scoop of one of the most spectacular weddings that Korea had ever seen.

But there was also a special edition to Kim Tae-hee’s and Ji-hoon’s story…

Lisa made her way through the house and walked into the kitchen and nearly immediately did Lisa cover her nose, her knees suddenly buckling from the intense smell of ink and ginger filling the room, courtesy of the very person responsible for the release of pheromones.

The women was dressed in nothing but a dressing gown, one which was loosely tied around and left little to the imagination. She had long black hair, which was ruffled and out of place, and yet it did nothing to lesson the woman’s natural beauty. She had a slim face and heart shaped lips, dark eyes which flinted up and locked eyes with Lisa’s honey ones which then significantly darkened as a coffee mug was brought to those heart-shaped lips to take a sip. From what Lisa could see, there were some angry scratch marks spotted at the base of the woman’s neck which crept under the dressing gown she was wearing.

“Take a picture, it will last longer.”

Those heart shaped lips turned up into a smirk and Lisa shakily tried to ignore the pheromones which only seemed to increase at the blonde’s arrival, near threatening to make Lisa kneel from the intense pressure.

“Not necessa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter