Getaway

TWBT(There Will Be Tears)

Jackson's surprise doesn't materialize until later into the sunsetting to which Jinyoung's waking up after drowsing on the infamous reading chair.

A most charming and addictive laughter chimes into his hearing moments after struggling to open his eyes; it's a new sound, but nothing disturbing as of yet, especially since it looks like it's summoned to lower in volume.

It's easily the funniest thing he's ever witnessed, if he is to go by all the others' gawking faces.

The smiley guy looks torn between humor and confusion, ranging on giving chase to either reaction, like a kid who can't contain his enthusiasm, but is somehow demanded to play it cooler.

"What?" he finally asks. "It was a good pun, Def."

"Have a bit of consideration, Ars."he hears another bass voice, hidden behind the kitchen wall. "Some people need rest."

"Old doesn't suit you, Def. I thought we came here to part-aaay." the reply is even more boisterous, much to Jinyoung's glee.

"Sure, if by 'plus one' you conclude partying, by all means, go ahead."

"A head!" Yugyeom's voice perks up his senses, his childish laughter even more addictive to his ears." Get it?!"

"Puns just come eeeeasy tonight."Bambam hurrays alongside him, making Jinyoung feel the most at ease since too long.

He joins the rest of them with a smile on his sleep swollen face and doesn't give a damn about it.

Not the same could be said about the others, though.

"Oh, !" the laughing stranger, Ars did they call him?, slaps his mouth as if burned. "The F, guys. Why didn't you warn me?" he er punches Jackson.

"It's fine, really. Noise doesn't disturb me." Jinyoung comes closer, taking a seat on one of the high stools at the counter they were all gathered around.

"You were purring quite cutely, as a matter of fact." the previous bass voice makes a comeback .

He turns a bit too fast for his senses to keep up with his balance, but he's saved the shame when Mark diverts the attention to him.

"Cat owner has spoken wisely. Bless us with your knowledge, oh great kitten daddy."

Jinyoung witnesses brass flush into several shades of blushing before finally setting into a feral focus on him and he's 100% sure he just somehow transferred the blood rush into his stream.

"You got me, I kinda have a thing for whiskers." he addresses Jinyoung with feral precision, but veiled into an enticing call. 

Too much pumping is making Jinyoung's heart go into overdrive. He doesn't know how to catch such emotions, unless hooked to medical devices. This feels dangerously close to an escape. And it scares him.

"Stop messin' with his senses, you dope." Jackson jumps to his aid. "And greet each other properly instead of firework innuendos at us."

"Are you jealous, Jacks?" Mark jokes.

"Is this the end of WangGae-ParkGae era? What have you guys done?" Bambam and Yugyeom hug each other, wiping off fake tears.

"How can a puppy fall for a cat person?" The laughter phenomenon bursts again, closing in on him." Sorry if we're too much, or myself. I'm known to be a bit too much at first glance." he motions to handshake him. "I'm Ars, aka Youngjae, for ones able to shake Def's core. Nice to meet you and sorry for earlier. Or the more to come, if I think about it." he cackles almost without batting a breath.

Jinyoung is just puppetted into voiceless greetings, but he welcomes the break from a certain staredown.

"Ars and Def, here" Mark pats the culprit's shoulder  "are co-producing my tracks. They were on the lookout for a break from soundproof rooms and since we planned for this getwaway, I thought it wouldn't hurt to spice up the gang." he tries to explain. "Jacks was supposed to tell you beforehand, but...you know how easily distracted he gets." he nudges his boyfriend.

"Eeeasy!"

There's no doubt how fitting the exhuberance feels to Jinyoung. The buffoons made witty fun of their audience, but he fails to engage in their mood now.

"Alright, break it up, you two. You're giving JB a poor impression of us." Mark complains, knocking their heads with his knuckles.

"Who's JB?" Jinyoung finds himself asking on reflex. Always the curious kid on the block.

"This cool producer's God given name. It's a complex thing." Youngjae chuckles, nudging his partner's ribs, almost having him spill the contents of the beverage he was currently taking a slug of.

"And he's also deaf?" he can't help furthering his investigative spree.

Guess who got sprinkled with ginger flavoured beer all over?

Half the crowd hurried to slap a half coughing half choking dude, while the other was busy wiping his moisturized shmuck, leaving Youngjae convulsing with laughter, tears at the corners of his eyes, with no care for either's discomfort.

Midway the chaos Jinyoung found time to reconsider how good a day this turned out. Never a fast accommodating person, he suddenly gets thirsty for an aftertaste. And they barely even talked properly.

Jackson fusses over, keeping his face between his palms checking for hidden distress and all he's met with is Jinyoung's long lost wholeheartedly laughter. Some crazy alien creature must be tickling his soul with a feather or something, cause there's no logical explanation for him to unleash this on his friend who looks downright terrified he'd been broken beyond repair.

And then there's a cat eye gaze focusing on him like it's  the best disclosure anyone would come upon.

Jinyoung is enraptured without warning, the whirlwind of JB's own shaking giggles mirroring into him until they're perfect copycats of good-natured dizzy, an epiphany on their eruption like a secret between both of them, though they couldn't be more estranged as in this moment.

He's recalling some random lyrics out of the blue and he fights off the strong fear in his chest, because .......sometimes life is fitting a song, even in his good days.

'On a summer night, it was you and I
Making memories, felt like we could be
Strangers lost in the street, caught up in ecstasy
Wouldn't you agree

Forget the rest of the world, it's just us
Don't slow down, baby, give me the rush
Just runaway, runaway
Causе it's like a getaway with you'