Good Day

TWBT(There Will Be Tears)

Giggles can be both endearing and oh so annoying mostly due to them coming from a certain Wongay, but Jinyoung indulges the spicy sweetness of it all, cause what else is there to enjoy for a walking corpse like himself?

Most of the life's thrills have been slashed off even before he could put up a bucket list and that's actually putting it lightly.

If he's being honest, he shouldn't hold it too much against his parents; he most likely would've been passed out in the middle of whatever daring attempt, anyways.

But he has his fix once in a while, when Jackson actually puts his mind to 'good' use and steals his sorry for a safe, bug-free trip at his parents' concierge. He admits the view is to die for, but he's been at that border for so long, he wishes the saying would've never met his knowledge.

"I'm tellin' ya, Puckgay, you won't regret this. Mark's bringing a dope crowd to celebrate the end of...."

"Could we refrain from using blasphemic words?" he interrupts with bitter irk. "And did you really dare to lie to my parents?" he side-eyes his friend, head lolling under his bent arm casually leaning on the door of the passenger's seat (God forbid Jack would drive anything other than sports cars, even to a mountain location) farthest from his usual backseat spot, that's for sure.

"I think what you were so begrudgingly trying to stress was I actually managed the unfathomable, my dear friend!" he screeches again in his trademark squeal, making Jinyoung weak for a tiny smile.

Don't get him wrong, had things been differently, he would've laughed wholeheartedly, but his deteriorating organ kinda dulled his reactions lately; everything seemed so power consuming, he looked like he moved in slo-mo.

"Ok, what do I owe you for this?" The more his health kept going downhill, the more adamant had his parents restricted his outings and Jinyoung wasn't exactly a walk on sunshine when pissed off.

"Can't a guy surprise his bestie, why do you always think I have ulterior reasons?" he fakes hurt is a gansta voice that actually steals a long forgotten 'Ha'Ha' from deep within Jinyoung's chest.

"This is already the best time since so long. I would be happy with just a ride." he admits, overlooking the view from behind his dark shades as they looped a rather tight U-turn. 

"That's part of the plan, Puckgay. If odds work according to my summoning circle, we could be having you punch drunk on exquisite dope and breaking champgne by the end of the night." he crosses his golden banded fingers.

Leave it to him to make light of his condition. If anything, Jinyoung blessed the day he planked Jackson and the years of unbreakable friendship afterwards. Whilst his parents fussed over his health and denied him each and every joy a kid would want to experience, Jackson had always made every faint attack look like a bonus for their foolishness. 

On bad days, Jinyoung would stress how bad physical strain is on his weak heart, but today.....today is one of his best, yet. So he plays along and wipes the corner of his lips with elegant moves.

"I would never deny a vitamin intake. My doc actually encouraged this, you know."

Jackson is gentleman enough to feign they're talking facts.

For all the brazen traits to their friendship he never really dared to ask Jackson for something like this and he was the last person to wish he left a terrifying impression on just because he craved to feel normal without having to power point what the risks would mount to if he happened to go with it. Maybe his parents exagerated his doctor's warnings, maybe it was his scared self that pulled it off until his early twenties; whatever had  supplyed his dread, it only solidified his status. By all means he's not ashamed, afterall his cowardice allowed people he loves and care about him to spend time together still.

But what if he'd finally let go? What if he'd jump head first( even with the intended pun) into basic instincts? Would it matter if he risked something for his own gain for once and probably all?

Though he had convinced himself it was a good day, he is also aware that even on such days the bitter truth is allowed to be read between the lines: Jinyoung is tired.

It never got easier. Not on him, not on his parents or friends. Not on his fast deteriorating heart condition. No matter what precautions, what restraints, no matter what.

Jinyoung was running the 100 yard dash under a couple of decades from normal people.

Jinyoung is dying.

So on his good days, it's OK to play charades with his best friend and lie to his parents with a light heart.

It is in such good mood that they reach their destination, the welcoming parade one of the most glittering he's yet to meet.

"WangGae-ParkGae in da house, mother lovers!" Jackson b-boys his way to greet the ones at the foot of the stairs.

"You drove under influence, no doubt there." Bambam daringly galaxy handshakes him in his brand move.

"You try'na hang out with my Wang out?" Mark steps in to save his boyfriend/toyboy.

"Eew." both Bambam and Yugyeom shudder. "An image forcefully forged in my mind. Take this responsability with outmost seriousness, hyungs."

"They live rent free in everyone's head by now. No point complaining." Jinyoung joins them, all too aware the couple is never too shy for some voyeurism if it just so happens.

"It's an open house, just putting it out there." Mark delivers the final blow, helping with the baggage like he didn't just record- scratched their mindsets.

"Wait, you think I tamed our nicknames because 'Nyoungie joined the ride up to here?"Jackson stops in his track, most likely just getting the meaning behind Bambam's nagging, like he always does, late bloomer. "You should hear what came out of that man's mouth. You'll pray you'll call us WangGae-ParkGae." he leaves the warning in the air before running into the cabbin.

"What could he possibly say to make it rated?" Yugyeom shakes his head in disbelief.

Safe to say, Jinyoung is the epitome of angel stance, or maybe it's just the dizzy spell that courses through him.

"Look what you did, Jacks. Almost gave his poor soul a whiplash." Bambam tsks, supporting him by the shoulders, without a plausable worry in him.

He can't be too sure, but seeing Mark's serious face kinda makes him think Wongay had a loose tongue at some point and spilled about his condition.

"C'mon, Puckgay, let's check the inside. I got us a new royal fitting reading chair." Jackson hurries to help him, voice not matching his carefree mood earlier.

"Ok, this def sounds rated, for some reason." Yugyeom cackles.

"M'okay." he slurrs two steps into their walk.

On good days, Jinyoung pretends Jackson believes his lies.