Jealousy and Curiosity

Pragma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A drum pendant light illuminates the living room along with black table lamps that sit on the wooden end tables. It is decorated with gallery frames mounted above the two long gray sofa in L-shaped that can fit all of them.

 

As she walked in the living room, Mina saw the other members already positioned themselves comfortably on the sofa. Sensing her presence, their leader looked at her and said, “Where’s Tzuyu?”

 

Not knowing what to answer, Mina just shrugged her shoulders and said, “She said she’s tired so.. yeah.” 

 

Nayeon and Jihyo, who knows the situation of the couple, just glanced at Mina and smiled at her signaling that they understood. Now, she flopped herself on the vacant seat beside Sana.

 

Just then, the doorbell rang which indicates that their food has arrived. Jihyo and Sana then made their way towards the door to get the foods that they ordered. For a fact, when it comes to food, it is no wonder that everyone agrees with each other. They just love foods so much! 

 

Sana and Jihyo then arranged the foods on their center table. They ordered 2 boxes of 14’ pizza, 50pcs chicken wings, and 4 bags of popcorn to match their movie marathon. Then Jeongyeon came with a bucket of Smirnoff in her hands. Don’t be surprised, they always have stocks of beer in their refrigerator though.

 

“Wow! We have lots of food!” Momo blurted out while staring lovingly at the foods in front of her.

 

“Yah! Don’t touch the food yet!” Jeongyeon scolded. She continued, “Everyone, wash your hands now before we start watching.” 

 

“Aye aye captain!” Chaeyoung answered playfully while making her way towards the sink followed by the other members.

 

When they’re already done and flopped their way towards their position, Nayeon then exclaimed, “Let’s start watching, guys!”

 

“What movie are we gonna watch?” asked Dahyun.

 

Feeling excited to eat and watch, Momo answered, “Anything but horror!” 

 

Hearing that made the 3-mix (Jeongyeon, Nayeon, and Jihyo) to share a devilish look and smirked at Momo. Uh oh, this is not a good sign, Momo thought to herself.

 

“I know a good movie.” Jeongyeon said while using the remote control to search for the ‘good movie’ she was referring to.

 

Widening her eyes because of what she’s seeing in the television, Momo then frantically said, “Paranormal Activity? Are you kidding me?!” 

 

“Yah! Jeongyeonie let’s watch romance instead!” Sana seconded.

 

The rest of the girls are just laughing because of the two scaredy-cats. However, the 3-mix likes to tease the two Japanese girls more so Jeongyeon came up with an idea. 

 

“Okay, I have an idea. Let’s vote between horror and romcom. Majority wins. How’s that sound?” After she said that, she looked at the other girls and gave them a knowing smile. Momo and Sana didn’t notice it though because they were too scared. While on the other hand, the youngest Japanese girl is in her own world. She doesn’t care about what movie they would watch because her mind is too preoccupied by her precious girlfriend. Wondering what to do to make it up to her. 

 

“I’m in for horror!” Chaeyoung teasingly said.

 

“Me too!” Said Dahyun after glancing at the two Japanese girls who are now glaring at her but she just smiled apologetically in return.

 

Jeongyeon then stood up and asked, “How about you, Nayeon?” Then she looked at their leader, “Jihyo?” 

 

Both girls also voted for horror which means horror already got 4 votes plus 1 because Jeongyeon haven’t voted yet but it’s obvious that she’ll vote for horror since it’s her idea in the first place. This makes the two scaredy-cats to frown at their members. 

 

Beaming in happiness, the short-haired girl then announced, “Alright, so we have 5 votes for horror which means, we’re going to watch the Paranormal Activity!” 

 

“You guys are so mean!” Sana said while rolling her eyes in defeat.

 

Chaeyoung, Dahyun, Jeongyeon, Nayeon, and Jihyo then shared a laugh together. They have successfully teased the Japanese cuties and they’re enjoying it so much because the two just kept on glaring at them like their eyes would come out any moment. 

 

On the other side, they noticed that someone, specifically Mina, is just minding her own business while staring into God-knows-where. This stops them from having fun. Nayeon then walked towards the beautiful ballerina and asked her if she’s okay. “Ugh what were you saying?” Mina asked, startled.

 

The oldest just gave her a reassuring smile and uttered, “Nothing. Are you okay with horror movie?”

 

She looks around and saw that all of the members are looking at them which makes her embarrassed. So she quickly replied, “Of course. Any genre would do.” 

 

“Okay. It’s settled then! Let’s start watching now!” Nayeon signaled Jeongyeon to start the movie.

 

The first scene of the movie just showed Katie and Micah, a young couple who have recently moved into a house in suburban San Diego. This movie set-up is rare because it’s vlogging style. They talked about why they are moving out and shared a few things about themselves. Boring, isn’t it? A very typical start of every horror movie. Nothing scary is flashed on the screen yet but Momo and Sana are already half-covering their eyes. Cuties.

 

Contrastingly, Mina just made up her mind to just enjoy the movie to distract herself from thinking about the tall girl. She then stretched her hand to get a bag of popcorn and focused her eyes on the television — distracting herself.

 

Going back to the movie, Katie talks of an "evil presence" that has haunted her since childhood and claims that the entity has followed her into her new home, which inspires Micah to set up a video camera in their bedroom in the hopes of capturing any "paranormal activity" that may occur while they sleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter