Hurt

Pragma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's now alone in their room after her roommates went out. Then, she turned off the lights. She like it like that. At least as of the moment. It gave her peace. The deafening silence and darkness surrounding her that way was a sanctuary — a place to rest without consequences. 

 

Opening her phone, the blue light touches her unreadable face. Browsing through her messenger, she saw messages from their group chat about having a movie marathon and midnight snack since tomorrow is their rest day. But she wouldn't budge. She like to have some time alone. 

 

Ignoring the members chitchats, she opened her facebook application and browsed through her news feed. Unexpectedly, she saw something she wasn't anticipating. The news is out. They're so quick at this kind of things, she thought. 

 

'TWICE Mina & Chaeyoung Reveal Why They'd Want To Marry Each Other (They're a match made by destiny)' — here's why.

 

She clicked the article without any hesitation. There, she saw a clip from their live show earlier in Jessi's Showterview. 

 

One of the Q&A question had the members flustered: "The one you would like to date the most... dating with marriage in mind!" While TWICE's unnie line were hesitant to choose, two members made their decisions instantly: Mina and Chaeyoung, who chose each other. 

 

Unable to express what she's feeling, the brown-haired girl now looks at the comments which just made her mood worst. 

 

"We knew it! MiChaeng is real!"

 

"Waaah no doubt that they're really dating! MiChaeng all the way."

 

"You two looked so cute together uwu."

 

"Thanks Jessi, because of you we have this magical MiChaeng moment!!"

 

 

Feels like torture, she closed her eyes for awhile. There's something building up in her. Jealousy? Anger? She didn't know or maybe both. All she knows is she's hurt as hell. 

 

There's a knock by the door, but she didn't seem to mind and just stayed still — her eyes close. Calming her mind.

 

"Tzuyu"

 

Hearing her name being called, she froze at her spot. Not moving any inch. She doesn't want to face her. Not yet. 

 

"Baby..." Mina called her again. This time, Tzuyu looks up to her with a straight face. 

 

As if nothing happened, the tall girl just hummed in response.

 

Scooching closer to her, Mina softly asked, "Are you mad?" 

 

Which Tzuyu replied with a dry laugh and said, "I'm not."

 

"But you've been cold to me ever since the show ended. You didn't even sat beside me in the van." 

 

Tzuyu hate it. She hates hating her for being oblivious. But what can she do? She's hurt. It's not like the pain would easily go away.

 

"You really don't know?"

 

"I- ugh. No."

 

Handing her the phone, Mina was appalled. She didn't know what to say. It's like she's tongue tied. 

 

The tall girl just stared at her for a moment, observing her expression. Tzuyu, of course, knows that this was all just a fan service. But what made her in a bad mood is that of all the members, why Chaeyoung? When they had a past. Yes, they didn't became a couple, but the flirt was there. Which the maknae hates. 

 

Finally finding words to say, the shorter girl then held the tall girl's hand while looking intently at her eyes. She uttered, "It was just a fan service. You know that, right?" 

 

"That, of course. I just don't understand why of all the members including me, you chose her?"

 

Without their knowing, someone is at the door — eavesdropping. Well, it's not a surprise, though. It's natural for Im Nayeon to do that kind of things. But she wasn't being nosy, she's just being concerned with the royal couple because they all know how much the two love each other.

 

Realizing that she's intruding a private talk, the bunny like girl made her way to the living room — where they'll have their planned movie marathon. 

 

Sensing that there were just seven of them, Jihyo then asked, "Where are the royal couple? Still not here yet?"

 

Nayeon then walked towards Jihyo and told her about what she heard earlier. The latter just nodded her head in understanding. They can wait, but for how long?

~

TWICE is now back with a mini album titled 'Taste of Love'. As part of their promotion, they would be guesting in Jessi's Showterview. Unlike the other guests, TWICE would be appearing live today.

 

Interviewing and familiarizing each one of them is such a pain for Jessi. She's trying her best to memo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter