I like you

Carrots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I like you, too," Joohyun says as her fist clenched around a letter.

 

"You do?" The latter, who was standing in front of Joohyun, couldn't believe what she was hearing. Bae Joohyun confessed to her . The most famous sweetheart on campus has just confessed to her. From afar, anyone could see the latter's knees trembling. She wished she could scream, but it was too early to horrify Joohyun away.

 

------

 

"I can't believe this," Seungwan said to herself as she frantically scrolled through her phone. She misses the time when she didn't know Joohyun posted a photo of herself and another woman on Instagram with the caption "Today is our first day!" and colourful love emojis alongside. She screamed at the top of her lungs and dashed out of her dorm, paying no attention to the stares.

 

On her way running, Seungwan bumped into her best friend aka roommates, Seulgi. "Are you crying, Wan-ah?"


Clearly. Seulgi tried to keep Seungwan from falling down as tears streamed down her cheek.

 

“Seulgi…” Before she could speak, only sobs and shrieks could be heard. “Seulgi,”


“Wan let’s go back to our room and talk there, okay? It's about to start pouring..." Seulgi persuades Seungwan by attempting to turn her in the direction she came from.


Before they could even get close to the building, the rain began to pour. Seungwan could feel her knees weakening as the rain continued to pour down, soaking her clothes. Seungwan had already taken a seat on the floor without Seulgi's knowledge.


“Wan! "Come on, stand up," her friend encouraged her as she used a book to shield Seungwan's head from the rain.

 

“Seulgi-ah… Joohyun…”

 

“I know, wan... Let’s talk when we get back to the dorm.”

 

 

"Did you get a good rest?"

 

“No. I had a strange dream." As Seungwan sat at the dining table, looking at her girlfriend, who was serving toast and bacon, Seungwan looks at the plate and asks , "Are we out of eggs?"

 

Joohyun takes a breather. She dashes to the refrigerator, where she grabs two eggs and cracks them into the pan. “And you were saying?”

 

The sizzling sound from the pan broke the silence in the kitchen, and Seungwan noticed that the older was tensing both shoulders for some reason. Of course, she wouldn't want to miss the chance to give her girlfriend a morning hug.

 

If Seungwan had to choose one word to describe Joohyun, it would be 'lavender.' The scent of lavender ades her hair, skin, and even her clothes. Seungwan once got lost in the mall, but thanks to the scent of Joohyun's lavender perfume, she was able to track her down like a puppy tracking down its owner's scent.

 

“What’s bothering you?” Seungwan ponders, her arms encircling the latter's waist and her chin resting on her shoulder.

 

A long sigh escaped Joohyun's lips. She is always amazed at how a simple gesture from Seungwan can make her forget about everything bad that has happened in the world.

 

The older turns off the stove and turns her back away from Seungwan, letting the sunny-side-up egg sizzle then shoving herself into the younger’s embrace. "Wan," she said after taking a deep breath.

 

“Hmm?” Seungwan hums.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Why?” Seungwan moves her head away to get a better view of Joohyun's face. She asks again, "What did you do?"

 

Joohyun pauses for a while and stares at Seungwan’s face, “Wait here, let me show you something.”

 

After running back and forth to the bedroom and the kitchen, the older surprises her with a small teddy bear in her hand. “Where did you get this?” While looking at the latter's flushed face, Seungwan asks.

 

“Press on its tummy”

“Oh? Does it talk?”

 

Joohyun repeats herself as she grabs Seungwan's hand and wraps it around the teddy bear. “Press it!”

 

Seungwan-ah~ I love you

 

The corner of Seungwan's lips trembled. She presses it once more.

 

Seungwan-ah~ I love you

 

“Yah! Just press it once!” Joohyun quickly snatched the teddy bear from Seungwan's grip and pretended to be preoccupied by staring at the bear. But she senses the latter was watching her every move, she looked up and hate that she was right. “Stop staring at me, eat your breakfast. "It's getting cold," says the older.

 

“I love you too”

 

The older was surprised by the latter's response. She tried so hard to not let herself smile by clenching the bear in her hand.

 

I love you, Seungwan-ah.

 

Ah .

 

Soft giggles could be heard as they watch themselves having their cheeks blushed red. It was almost as if two clowns were staring at each other across the dining room table.

 

"What were you thinking when you bought these?" It's cute," says the younger, as she picks up the fork and shoves a piece of bacon into .

 

Seungwan despises the feeling of biting into hard or dried-up stuff. Joohyun is reminded of the two cooked eggs on the frying pan after seeing her struggling on chewing the desiccated bacon.

 

"There you go!" exclaims the older as she removes the eggs from the pan and places them on Seungwan's plate. A sigh of relief escaped the Joohyun's lips.

"It's a present for your birthday.  Remember when we were at the toy store and since we couldn't adopt a puppy, you suggested we record the sound of a dog barking into the talking bear?" She took a seat beside Seungwan.

 

"Wait, the last time we went to toy stores was years ago" Seungwan looked up, awestruck by the older 's ability to recall every detail that she couldn't.

 

As Joohyun tries to explain why she remembered those moments, Seungwan finds herself falling. She felt calm whenever she was around Joohyun, and her heartbeat was slower than usual. She couldn't tell if it was the lavender scent or Joohyun's presence that made her feel this way.

 

Seungwan was well aware that she was falling deeper day by day.

 

"Right!" she exclaimed as she emptied her plate and turned to Joohyun. " Why were you apologising earlier?”


The older’s fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter