Maybe

Carrots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Maybe 

1. Another meaning for "No". Used often by females, giving them more time to make up an excuse later.

(from urban dictionary)

 

Sitting in front of her working desk full of legos, but her gaze is fixed on that one particular blue piece, and she doesn't even bother to blink. Seungwan hates to admit it. She hates the thought of anything other than her girlfriend. She hates the idea of having someone else in her head who isn't Irene. She hates it when her mind keeps reminding her of that day when she met the girl on the streets and let the latter save her life. The way she remembers the details of the latter's brown eyes, the smell of her peach blossom perfume, the way her heart beats so fast when the latter grabbed her arm and pulled her closer.

 

Thinking about Eunji irritates her enormously.

 

She slammed her fist on the desk in an attempt to distract her mind, but the one who's distracted was the other girl across the room, "What are you doing?" Joohyun inquires as she approaches the younger.

 

Seungwan then raises both of her guilty brows at her, "Nothing?"

 

The latter allowed her bottom to rest on the desk , asking "No classes today? Are you going to spend the entire day sitting here? Building with legos?"

 

"Class starts at 2," The younger said, gently grabbing Joohyun's wrist and looking at the time, "you're going to be late."

 

"Well, you know they can wait."

 

"Okay, whatever you say, miss boss," the younger looks up and their glances meet, scrunching her nose and leaning closer to Joohyun. "Is that the perfume I gave you? Didn't you say it stinks? It is never too late to change before leaving though."

 

Joohyun pinches her blazer up to her nose and sniffs it, "I like them, just for today," she chuckles. "Happy birthday,"

 

"It is today?" the younger realizes and makes an O with . She quickly grabs her phone, which is not far from her sight and checks the date. "Oh,"

 

"I knew you'd forget," the woman in a white blazer said as she drew Seungwan up from her seat, resting her arms on the younger's shoulder and letting the younger's arms wrap around her waist. "What do you want to do today?" Joohyun spoke in hushed tones, exchanging warm loving smiles and staring at their reflections in each other's eyes.

 

She couldn't think of anything she wanted right now. She knows, however, that she already has everything, and that everything is standing in front of her, looking amazing in her white and wrinkleless blazer paired with black straight pants. She doesn't need anything else besides Bae Joohyun. That's what she kept telling herself. Seungwan raises her gaze to the ceiling for a brief moment before returning to her girlfriend, "I want..." She hums, but her sentence ends with "Nothing." 

 

"Are you sure?" The latter drew her brows together, "What about movies? Dinner date? How about gifts? Let me think-"

 

"Joohyun, you are my present, and I don't need anything else, I swear," she reassures as she circles the end of the latter's hair.

 

"But I'd like to give you something. " the older leans her head forward, trying to catch Seungwan's attention. But the younger's heart began to melt when their glances met. "Wan, please? Let me do something," Joohyun pouts.

 

Seungwan can only sigh in response, never forgetting to force a smile to hide her pain. Yes, she thought it was cute when her girlfriend, a grown woman who acts like a child, being clingy and pouty when they were together. What has been bothering Seungwan is that her girlfriend becomes someone else when they were not alone. She despises it when Joohyun acts as if she doesn't care about her existence in public. The Bae Joohyun she sees when they were outside is not the Bae Joohyun she sees when they were in bed together, wrapped in blankets and laughing at each other's silly jokes. Let's not hold hands in public. That's the only sentence that she could remember from their last night out together. 

 

"I will get you anything you want. Anything," The older exhales a happy sigh.

 

"Let's celebrate at the bar tonight. Remember what you said?" Seungwan observes the older as she ponders her response. "That's fine," Seungwan says, "we don't have to." She regrets bringing it up at all, knowing that the chances of her girlfriend agreeing to go to the bar with her are slim to none.

 

"No! Let's go." a nod appears, "To the bar tonight," Joohyun has a noticeable forceful smile on her face as she hugs seugwan so tightly that the younger is close to out of breath. But for the time being, she wishes she could hold seungwan in her arms forever, not until her phone buzzes on the desk, waiting for her to pick it up. "Can I not let you go? Should I reschedule the meeting just for today?" She says as she feels the younger shook her head in her embrace.

 

"Go to work or go bankrupt, either one, Joohyun" 

 

"OK, but don't worry because that business of mine is doing pretty well, and there's like a 5% chance it'll go downhill," Joohyun says confidently. It made the younger chuckle a little, but she took the chance to gently pull the older's hands away from her so she would let her go. "Okay, okay, I'll leave," Joohyun says as she went to grab her phone and handbag, kissing her goodbye before exiting the room. "I will come and pick you up later, birthday girl!"

 

And she's all alone in the room. Seungwan's mind had shut down after leaning back against her desk. She stares at the floor, the scent of Joohyun's perfume still lingering on the tip of her nose. But she sensed something was wrong. Her hand could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter