1/1

Happy Birthday, My Love


Namjoon stirs from his sleep with kisses on his face, curtesy of his husband Minseok. 

“Mhmm babe…,” he mumbles sleepily, turning over to his back. He squints one eye open and Minseok greets him with a gummy smile and a kiss on his lips. 

“Happy Birthday, love.” He whispers on his lips as his hands finds their way into Namjoon’s soft blue and grey hair. Namjoon smiles and pulls Minseok flush to his body. Inhaling his Marc Jacob cologne, his hands on husband’s waist. 

“Thank you. Did you sleep well?” 

“Of course. I had you in my arms, how could I not?” 

“Oh babe.” Namjoon pulled him into a kiss, unhurried, they had the time of their lives. “I love you.”

“As do I.” Minseok lifted of off him, and swung himself off the bed. He pulled Namjoon by the arm, to which Namjoon then groaned trying to stay under the cozy duvet. “Come on. You gotta wash up.”

Namjoon pouted, holding his arms out to Minseok, wiggling them. “Carry me, husband.”

Minseok laughed, shaking his head, “And what, your legs don’t work?” He says as he lifted Namjoon off the bed. 

Namjoon grinned at him, “ Why would I use them when I have a such a muscular husband, Mmh?” He wiggled his eyebrows, sending Minseok in a fit of laughter, his head coming to rest on Namjoon. And Namjoon joins him soon after. 

 

 

Minseok places his husband on the black mat laid before the bathroom sink and tells Namjoon to wash up and meet him in the kitchen after. Then he closes the door for him. 

Namjoon looked himself in the mirror, bed hair every-which way, drool on his lips, he wipes it as he thinks of his current life: a recent bought house, a husband, both of their careers were taking off, they loved each other and most importantly, they were both so so healthy. He couldn’t be any happier. He really was blessed. 

Dressing up in some casual shorts and a crew neck, he goes to the kitchen. The smell of breakfast is in the air and he inhales it sweetly. 

 

Entering the kitchen, their four people table is set, seaweed soup, pajeon, and a small white vase of two roses placed in the middle. Minseok is beaming from where he stands by the table. 

“Are you going to come closer or will I have to feed you from the doorway?” 

Namjoon chuckles and moves into Minseok’s welcoming arms, hugging him with a kiss on his temple. “Happy Birthday, my love. I’m so grateful for you and all you’ve done for me. Supporting me, encouraging me, and pushing me to be the best I can be. Thank you.” Minseok holds Namjoon’s face in his hands, and finds his eyes watery. He kisses his tears away, Namjoon’s eyes softly closes. 

They sit for breakfast and later on Minseok pulls him to the sofa and has him close his eyes. When he tells him to open them, there on the table is a bluish bag. He reaches for it as Minseok sits by him. Careful he tears the wraps away. He pulls out a crafted heart, a 3D picture of their wedding day on it. The one where Minseok is placing a ring on him, their smiles so bright. Surrounding it are other pictures of themselves. He looks closely and sees buttons. He pushed it and it lit up with various colors. 

“It’s Bluetooth too. Connect it with your phone.” 

Namjoon did so. Namjoon gasps, hands coming up to cover his mouth as he looks at his husband wide eyed. “This is so cute. How did you come up with this? I love it.” He wrapped his arms around Minseok, snuggling into him. 

 

 

Later on, Namjoon gets ready to hangout with his friends. Movies, go cart at the mall and hunted houses, which was a bad idea since they all screamed like scary-cats. 

“Whoo, that was such a bad idea. Such a bad idea.” Jimin commented when they had all shakily made it out. Hoseok turning pale from where he hung unto Seokjin and Yoongi. 

But they have fun, shop and eat. 

The car is full of singing, more like screaming at the top of their lungs. Laughing until their sides hurts. 

 

_ Having fun?

Minseok comments on one of his Snapchat of their earlier go-cart. The one where he’s laughing cheerfully.

  • So much fun!

He replies with a heart. 

 

 

“We’re here.” Seokjin announces from the driver’s seat.

Namjoon turns of his phone and looks outside. “Why are we at a hotel?”

None of them answers as they all climb out the car. Seokjin leads, his friends following confidently, while he stumbles behind like a lost kid. 

They lead him up an elevator and then knock on a door. Minseok, his husband, answers. His friends clears the way and he reaches Minseok, who takes his hands in his, squeezing it a bit for assurance. 

“Surprise.” Minseok opens the door wide ad Namjoon’s eyes widen in surprise. 

“There's more?”

Minseok laughs, “Yes, love, there’s more.”

He nvetures inside the room, the floor is laid with rose petals, the bed filled with gift bags, flowers, and assorted fruits. Balloons hang from the ceiling. And it smelled wonderful. 

“When did you have time for all of this?” He asked as he went around, feeling them under his fingertips. 

“That’s a secret.” Minseok smiled. 

 

And then Namjoon heard, “ Happy Birthday to you…”

He looked to the door to see his and Minseok’s friends coming in with a medium sized cake. Baekhyun holding two wine bottles. Minseok joined them in singing as he stood by his side. Their friends placed the cake on the table as the song came to an end. Make a wish they chanted. 

He put his hands together, closed his eyes and wished. Then he blew the candles out and the friends cheered. 

He opened his gifts, they ate cake, played games, drank wine, and partied. 

It felt so amazing, Namjoon even got tear-eyed at some point, to which Minseok kissed him.

 

Both exhausted and happy, he snuggled into his husband’s arms long after their friends had left the hotel room.

“I had a wonderful time today. I’m so grateful for all of you. Thank you.”

“Anything for you, my love.” Minseok pulled him closer. 

“When are we checking out?”

“Tomorrow in the afternoon. For now just rest. Sleep. I love you.”

“I love you too.” He softly replied as he closes his eyes. 


 

 

 

 

A Namjoon Birthday story for your heart.

Thank you for reading!