008; where do I go from here

tcrv10
Please log in to read the full chapter

november 17, 2019.  

Wonho found himself at Super Panda Bros with Changsub and Jisung as Somi had gathered them together.

"Hey, so why were we called here?" Jisung asked once the quartet were settled.

"I mean, I'm not complaining that we're hanging out again and all that, but this atmosphere is different."

"I second that." Changsub agreed with a nod as he looked at Somi.

"Not saying you're at fault or whatever, but you're never the one that calls for a meet up. That's usually Wonho's job."

"How is that my job?"

Wonho looked over at Changsub.

"It just is. You're the one that always takes charge the most out of any of us."

"I do not."

"You do." The trio agreed.

"I don't."

"But, you do." Changsub stated firmly.

Wonho opened his mouth to protest, but closed it a second later.

"Anyways, guys, back to why I called y'all here. It's because I wanted to apologize for being off the past week," Somi began, "I didn't know how to deal about the news of my uncle and so grew distant."

The trio stayed silent to let their friend talk.

"My uncle hasn't been overseas all these years. He was locked up in Xilaisawenn."

The trio's mouths dropped opened at the news. Somi chuckled softly at their reactions.

"Yeah. My parents lied to me all these years and when he showed up out of the blue after his release, I overheard the conversation between him and my parents. That's the day Wonho comforted me."

"See, Wonho always takes charge." Changsub stated with a grin as Wonho groaned.

Somi chuckled and resumed speaking.

"Anyways, after some time of thinking and just taking ti all in it wasn't right of me to blow you all off or anything like that, but I realized that I need y'all when I have no one else. So thanks for just putting up with me over the years."

"Wow, Somi, that's so touching." Jisung faked cried.

"You're the greatest of them all."

"Anyways, is the relationship okay between you and your uncle?" Wonho asked a second later.

"Yeah. He wanted to tell me the truth, but my parents told him not to at the time." Somi explained.

"Him and I caught up the other day and he's trying to slowly ease back into society with the help of some people."

"Was it super bad?"

"Yeah, did he kill someone?"

Jisung and Changsub asked curiously with Wonho rolling his eyes. Somi shook her head with a small giggle.

"Nope, no killing or the likes, but something about underground gambling."

She changed the topic.

"Anyways, brunch is on me. So order whatever."

The trio eyed her as Somi got the hint from their eyes.

"My uncle gave me some pocket money before leaving the house so I wanna treat y'all out."

"Is the money even safe to use?"

"It's not blood money right?"

"It's his own money, yeah?

The trio asked skeptically as Somi rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Yes. He got it from one of his two part-time jobs at Izakaya Yamada."

"Oh, nice."

"Mmhmm. He's working on getting a third part-time job."

"Good for him."

"Yup. Now order or I'll be spending it on something else."

"Okay, okay!"

The quartet happily ordered as their friendship was fine once again after talking to one another.
 

november 18, 2019. 

Dongwoo's blanked gaze swept the area of his father's home in Tomei. Well, one of a few in all of Lanhom. He was tasked on sorting out some of the personal things in this home as it was closer to his father's work. Minseok was handling the business for now until it got situated while Jonghyun was dealing with all the legal matters. At first they were going to take their time to handle everything, but life couldn't pause for them to just do that and so they needed to proceed with the legal matters even if it was difficult. It was tough, but luckily it wasn't hard to go about it. Anyways, Jonghyun and Minseok told Dongwoo to focus on school, but he wanted to help in some way. Jonghyun allowed his little brother to assist with a task and so here he was with no clue on how to start.

"I guess, I can start with the office."

And that's what Dongwoo did. Unsure of what to start with first, but remembered that Jonghyun had given him the number to their family's lawyer, Ryan Jett, and Dongwoo made a call on what to gather for any legal proceedings and other necessary matters. Dongwoo spent the whole day organizing, labeling, prioritizing, and marking what was the most important to the least important. From the office, the bedroom, the liing room, and practically everywhere and anywhere within his father's home that could be holding some form of documents and possessions. He was so caught up with the task before him and inputting notes on his mobile device that he barely heard the knocks at the door. Dongwoo was confused as to who it may be and looked through the security camera and saw that it an unknown man. He pressed the intercom to speak.

"Hello. How may I help you?"

"Ah, hello. I'm William that lives next door, but sorry, you don't sound like Jinseok. Are you one of his sons?"

"Yes, the youngest."

 Dongwoo didn't want to inform the stranger of his father's passing as of yet.

"How may I help you?"

"Well, if you could inform your father that I'm having a small celebration for my girlfriend's modeling career later tonight if he wanted to stop by."

"My apologies, but my father will not be able to attend. He has business to take care of."

"Ah, I see. Well, the offer still stands if you, yourself, and brothers would like to attend."

"Thank you for the invitation."

"You're welcome. I'll be on my way now."

Dongwoo watched as the William fellow did like an awkward wave while making his way to the apartment next door. Dongwoo let out a breath he wasn't aware he was holding as he looked about the place.

"So where do I go from here?"

Dongwoo hadn't thought about telling other people about his father's death and wondered if he had handled it correctly. He made a mental note to talk to their lawyer or his brothers about how to go about that topic. As of now, Dongwoo went back to sifting through his father's items.
 

november 19, 2019. 

"Jisoo, dear, I'm alright. You don't have to worry about me."

Hyojin assured her daughter who wouldn't stop fussing if her mother needed her pillows fluffed or if it was too hot or cold and needed to adjust the air conditioning. The pair were at the Tomei Medical Center.

"Jisoo, honey, I'm fine."

Jisoo calmed down and sat on the bed while holding onto her mother's hand before lying on top of her to hug her a second later. Jisoo didn't want to say that she was scared that she would have lost her mother in the fire at her company. She already lost one parent and didn't want to lose another. Hyojin smiled fondly while patting her daughter's head.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, honey, but it's just a pre-caution as I did inhale quite a bit of smoke before the fire itself got discovered and put out."

"I know, but we were here at another medical institution a few days ago for your colleague, but now you're the one that's admitted this time."

"I know, honey, but I won't be for long."

"I know, Mom, but still. Anyways, did they find out who did it?"

"Not yet, but it's still under investigation. They've said that there were a few cases earlier this month, but in different areas."

Jisoo was only notified about the incident after school was let out for the day. It took her longer to get to the hospital due to the heavy downpour and that it was on the other side of the region.

"I just don't get how a fire could have started in the rain like this. It's basically pouring outside."

"Neither do I, honey, but you would think the water would have instantly put it out."

Hyojin continued to play with Jisoo's hair as her daughter grew calmer and wasn't as worried as before.

"How long before you return to work?"

"Not sure as the side of the building I work in has been deeply damaged. I may work from home for the time being once I'm discharged."

Jisoo smiled as she looked up at her mom.

"Does that mean we'll have more time to spend together since you don't have to commute all the way here?"

Hyojin chuckled with a nod.

"I believe so. Anyways, Jisoo, I don't want you spending the night here. I'm worried that you won't make it to school on time due to the weather, the traffic, and being two cities over from Suri Viboon. Do you think you can be on your own and at home alone until I'm discharged?"

Jisoo sat back up while feeling a bit apprehensive of being home alone, but didn't want to worry her mother any further than she had to.

"Yes, Mom, I'll be fine."

Jisoo cast her mother a reassuring smile and patted her hand.

"I even know all of the emergency numbers you've taught me over the years."

"Wonderful."

Hyojin cupped her daugher's face before dropping her hands into her lap and looking outside.

"The weather let up a bit and it'll be late by the time you get home. I don't want you to be stuck in traffic if it rains heavily again."

She looked at her daughter again with an understanding look.

"I know that you want to stay a little longer, but it'll make me less worry once I know you're home safe and sound from this horrid rain."

"Okay, okay. I get it."

Jisoo stood up while gathering her things.

"Would you like me to bring you anything tomorrow when I come back after school's over?"

"Oh, yes. Please bring me an egg coffee as I know this place won't have it."

Her mother informed her with a sigh as Jisoo laughed.

"Alright. I can do that. Have a good night, Mom."

"You, too, sweetie. Be safe and let me know when you get home."

"I will."

The pair hugged one more time before Jisoo exited the room and made her way down the hallway of the hospital. She ran into a male patient around her age when she rounded the corner.

"I'm so sorry!" Jisoo immediately apologized with a bow as she heard the guy shushing her immediately afterwards.

"Shh, pretend you didn't see me. I'm running away from the nurse right now. Don't worry. It's just a joke and not life-threatening."

Jisoo nodded instead of replying as she watched the male hopped away with an underarm crutch into one of the rooms, but not before giving her a grin and a salute as he shut the door quickly behind him. Jisoo returned her attention forward and after rounding the corner she saw the nurse that had tended to her mother.

"Hello, dear. Have you seen a teenage boy around your age come through? He's supposed to be on bed-rest, but has wandered off just now."

"No, I haven't. Sorry. Good luck."

"It's not your fault, bu

Please log in to read the full chapter