Baking class

Sweetember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi wanted to do something special for her niece’s birthday and her best friend Wendy suggested she bake the little kid a cake. It was a good idea, except that Seulgi doesn’t know how to cook. Let alone use an oven. For the record, she once broke Wendy’s microwave oven that one time she wanted to heat something up not knowing aluminum foil can ignite a flame. So, acknowledging her lack of skills, she asked for her best friend to help her out in the kitchen.

“I would love to, but my schedule is full. I already had plans for my day-offs too” Wendy politely refused. “But!” she immediately exclaimed, raising her index finger at the thought.

Seulgi raised her eyebrow, waiting for the other girl to continue talking.

Which she did. “My friend who is an amazingggg, did I say amazing? yes, amazing. So, my friend who is an amazing cook is doing a class on the weekend!” Wendy excitedly cheered, clapping and all.

“Your point?”

“Ugh, you are so slow sometimes. I was thinking if maybe you can sign up for her class and hopefully learn something! Wait, let me check it for you.” Wendy was fast enough to fish her phone out of her pocket and look at a particular post on facebook.

Before Seulgi can even stick her nose on whatever her best friend was looking, Wendy already locked her phone and turned to face her again. “it’s settled. I already messaged her you’ll come.” She had this stupid cheeky grin that Seulgi wanted to wipe off of her face.

“what? Wendy! I don’t ev----”

“oh hush, it’s a baking class and we both know you need it. So you better show your in there cause I already informed my friend” Wendy cut Seulgi off and Seulgi could only sigh in disbelief.

“Oh and did I mention? my friend is very pretty too. So I hope you won’t get distracted in class, bear” She winked before walking away.

 

 

 

A week later.

Wendy texted Seulgi the address for the baking class she unwillingly signed up for.

It was a closed-kitchen, big enough to cater 20 people but there were only 6 of them in the room.

There are counters with various ingredients on top, and a stove with an oven below it.

It would probably excite the attendees who love to cook, but not Seulgi.

Seulgi can already feel her palms sweating, she’s close to backing out and just go to the mall and buy her niece an expensive gift instead.

But before she could do so, a young lady entered the room and closed the door.

“Hello everyone! My name is Bae Joohyun and I will be the one teaching you how to bake today.” The lady briefly introduced herself and asked everyone to pick a station, 2 counters apart from each other (to maintain social distance) and settle in.

With her low confidence, Seulgi picked the very last row.

She can barely see and hear the chef at the very front of the room.

At least she sees a printed instruction of a moist chocolate cake on her counter top along with the flour and other ingredients.

“This is quite easy; we just have to mix the proper amount of ingredients, bake and then we’re done. I know you guys can do it well.” the chef encouraged them. “let’s start mixing. I will go around and supervise. Don’t hesitate to call me if you need help, ok? Chop chop”

Seulgi carefully followed the instruction and was doing good so far.

The next step was to sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.

She was doing good.

Until Chef Joohyun came to her workspace.

“Hi there!” the chef greeted as she stood from the opposite direction, smiling dearly.

Seulgi froze on her spot. The other girl standing in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter